AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 18:17   Link #3481
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hey, he doesn't see Shoko as the most infuriating! That's all you Haruto!

L-Elf's life sure has turned upside down since he met Haruto and Shoko.
When was Shoko even mentioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Since you said that, now all I can think of is L-Elf singing the first two lines of the Fresh Prince theme
That just looks and sounds so wrong when I imagine it.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:20   Link #3482
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Since you said that, now all I can think of is L-Elf singing the first two lines of the Fresh Prince theme

*sings* Now, this is a story all about how, my life got flipped-turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a module called Neo-JIOR.

Now someone just needs to photoshop L-Elf into that picture with Will Smith. xD
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:22   Link #3483
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Hell, if he ever did break out into rapping I'd be cool with it. It wouldn't even have to be justified by character development or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
*sings* Now, this is a story all about how, my life got flipped-turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a module called Neo-JIOR.

Now someone just needs to photoshop L-Elf into that picture with Will Smith. xD
A-Drei can be Carlton
Lise can be Ashley
X-Eins can be Jeffrey
H-Neun can be Jazz
Kreim can be Hillary
And of course Cain as Uncle Phil

I can't really think of anyone annoying enough for Q-Vier
Old 2013-10-13, 18:35   Link #3484
Destined_Fate

Quote:
When was Shoko even mentioned?

Different part of it, L-Elf's VA mentions both Haruto and Shoko being the two.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:53   Link #3485
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Hell, if he ever did break out into rapping I'd be cool with it. It wouldn't even have to be justified by character development or not.

A-Drei can be Carlton
Lise can be Ashley
X-Eins can be Jeffrey
H-Neun can be Jazz
Kreim can be Hillary
And of course Cain as Uncle Phil

I can't really think of anyone annoying enough for Q-Vier

lol Kreim comes off as to smart to be Hillary, Kreim would be the mom. She is Cain's second in command if I'm not mistaken, that's kind of like being a wife.

Q-Vier gets to be Hillary by default but the crazy male version.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 18:56   Link #3486
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
lol Kreim comes off as to smart to be Hillary, Kreim would be the mom. She is Cain's second in command if I'm not mistaken, that's kind of like being a wife.

Q-Vier gets to be Hillary by default but the crazy male version.
Good call. I could it see as a gag if Valvrave ever gets an abridged series
Old 2013-10-18, 04:10   Link #3487
zztop

Does anyone know how popular the Valvrave series is in Japan?
Because there doesn't seem to be a lot of fan appreciation and artwork for this show(compared to the explosion of artwork for Kill la Kill this anime season on Japanese sites).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 06:14   Link #3488
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I'm glad that Satomi and Akira finally reconciled though still having some brother and sister conflict. Even Takahi is getting caught up with their family issues that she too is experiencing a character development. She becomes more understanding and suitable to be Akira's s-i-l. Lol
Old 2013-10-18, 13:46   Link #3489
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I remembered reading someone's post in a thread. It went something like, "The marking that appears on your blood cells when you're kamitsuki'd means which clan the vampire biting you is from." Though the "Clan" part hasn't been confirmed, its safe to say that if a Clan is established, Haruto & the pilots are all kin.

Kyuuma & Raizo both had the Magius symbol appear on the blood cells of the men they kamitsuki'd.

So, I feel that that symbol is the universal symbol for the Magius & is probably the Magius royal/founding family's Clan crest/symbol.

Also, props to the person who first coined that thought.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 20:08   Link #3490
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I remembered reading someone's post in a thread. It went something like, "The marking that appears on your blood cells when you're kamitsuki'd means which clan the vampire biting you is from." Though the "Clan" part hasn't been confirmed, its safe to say that if a Clan is established, Haruto & the pilots are all kin.

Kyuuma & Raizo both had the Magius symbol appear on the blood cells of the men they kamitsuki'd.

So, I feel that that symbol is the universal symbol for the Magius & is probably the Magius royal/founding family's Clan crest/symbol.

Also, props to the person who first coined that thought.
Will accept any and all props, thank you.

Cain mentions there being clans once in the 12th episode, when talking to Haruto and L-elf. He states that he needs VVV1 for the sake of his clan.

It would make sense that Haruto and all of his fellow pilots carry the Magius symbol as their clan symbol, since all of them were turned into Magius by Pino who seems to be clearly a progenitor of the Magius race.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 05:37   Link #3491
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Episode 16 confirmed two things about the VVVs (or to be more specific VVV I):
  • It can have more than one registered pilot at one time. So long as Pino allows it.
  • L-Elf's theory about replacing pilots has been confirmed. It is possible.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-01, 09:32   Link #3492
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

The royalists hacked through JIOR and offered them a safe escape from Dorssia. If this is ostensibly the start of an impending revolution within the bounds of the nation's jurisdiction then, it can also be a scheme devised by some who might be one of the magius. May it be for some evil purpose or not, the princess has her ways of knowing, for even though she's somewhat held as political prisoner, Liselotte still has her little power and influence to make others follow her orders. Now that she was seen entering a steaming fridge that has a clover emblem on its covering while she's on her black undies and talking to Cain like they're intimate to each other, it makes me wonder if Liselotte is still the same benign girl L Elf knew and or if Cain is entirely bad since he's for some reason acquainted with the princess who is known for her divine kindness.

Was Amadeus a really bad person who only lust for power? He left Cain the task of infiltrating JIOR, not knowing his sole motive and him being a magius. When chibi L Elf was pursued on the run by the soldiers, the monarchy still had dominion over the land not until the coup d'etat led by Fuhrer's faction happened. The brutality in their status quo was rampant even before the royal family was overthrown. Amadeus was nothing more than just a pawn used probably by the magius to fool the world, making it appear that Dorssia owes it all to him because of whatever happened during that bloody Thursday?. . . Friday?

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-11-01 at 09:56. Reason: sleepy and tired
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 10:47   Link #3493
blackwhite67
Banned

I don't get something. That symbol on the blood cells of the Magius is that ridiculous four-leaf clover (lucky charms anyone?), but on the skin it's that three-way mark, which is the symbol on the cells of the VVV pilots.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 11:22   Link #3494
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I don't get something. That symbol on the blood cells of the Magius is that ridiculous four-leaf clover (lucky charms anyone?), but on the skin it's that three-way mark, which is the symbol on the cells of the VVV pilots.
I think the triple v means runes. Maybe the reason why the magius had that sign embedded on their skin is that they are powered up and properly fed with enough runes. There must be a conduit that sustains them, and the mark is u-uhm. . . their insurance policy? like if it's Liselotte who serves as a conduit for the ingestion of runes, that must be it. I saw someone saying that if the V symbol suddenly appears, it means that it's being timely used up as to when the pilots start to fang-rape anyone. The green clover symbol, I guess it's the magius cell. The triple v symbol which stands for runes, appeared before when it was being consumed from the victim's body.

I'm just saying.
Old 2013-11-01, 11:40   Link #3495
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
My theory is that the triple V is the symbol of the Magius and either the clover is the symbol of a specific clan, or it's the symbol if a rune. The runes are yellow to green so, I'm beginning to think the clover might be the symbol of the runes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-03, 00:20   Link #3496
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
The royalists hacked through JIOR and offered them a safe escape from Dorssia. If this is ostensibly the start of an impending revolution within the bounds of the nation's jurisdiction then, it can also be a scheme devised by some who might be one of the magius. May it be for some evil purpose or not, the princess has her ways of knowing, for even though she's somewhat held as political prisoner, Liselotte still has her little power and influence to make others follow her orders. Now that she was seen entering a steaming fridge that has a clover emblem on its covering while she's on her black undies and talking to Cain like they're intimate to each other, it makes me wonder if Liselotte is still the same benign girl L Elf knew and or if Cain is entirely bad since he's for some reason acquainted with the princess who is known for her divine kindness.

Was Amadeus a really bad person who only lust for power? He left Cain the task of infiltrating JIOR, not knowing his sole motive and him being a magius. When chibi L Elf was pursued on the run by the soldiers, the monarchy still had dominion over the land not until the coup d'etat led by Fuhrer's faction happened. The brutality in their status quo was rampant even before the royal family was overthrown. Amadeus was nothing more than just a pawn used probably by the magius to fool the world, making it appear that Dorssia owes it all to him because of whatever happened during that bloody Thursday?. . . Friday?
Just because Lieselotte and Cain were shown talking doesn't mean they are really friendly with each other. One thing I can take from the openings is that Lieselotte is always has a short scene and both time with a solemn look on her face. She knows she's a prisoner, and the only way to gather information is to ask around those near her. Begs the question: does she know L-elf turned traitor. It's not actually a surprise if she keeps tabs on what he's been doing after their meeting. The clover insignia may just be a way of determining nationality rather than clan. The clover represents those of Dorssian decent, and the symbol is actually fairly common in Dorssia.

Also, that machine is probably a way to keep her young appearance as my speculation. The Fuehrer plans to keep her as an everlasting piece of beauty to inspire the masses. I doubt they would find need to turn her into a magius, since she is a prisoner in her own country. With the technology available in this universe. My theory on that machine is plausible. That could be reason enough why L-elf sheds tears unconsciously why seeing her photo, because she truly has pitiable fate, where even her appearance is controlled by others. It's not that she isn't aging internally, just the outside is being manipulated.

Just because the Fuhrer liberated the people from the rule of the royalists doesn't mean he is a good person, especially after seeing what he does when in power. Dorssia is still a military state, and training child guerrillas. In my opinion, power just shifted hands from one evil to another. It doesn't matter if he was clueless about Cain. That just proves how in the dark he was.
Old 2013-11-03, 01:13   Link #3497
Irenesharda

Weirdly, what I got was not that the two were working together, but that Cain was being pretty cautious around her, careful of what he said or did. This is weird for Cain, since he's usually the strongest and smartest person in any room he happens to be in. This make me think there is something about Lieselotte that makes Cain act that way...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-11-03 at 01:42.
Old 2013-11-03, 01:37   Link #3498
Kurohane

Begs the question why he was even there to see her. L-elf? Cain knows about their encounter? I did mention that she may be keeping tabs on him. Cain may be her informant.
Old 2013-11-03, 07:35   Link #3499
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Begs the question why he was even there to see her. L-elf? Cain knows about their encounter? I did mention that she may be keeping tabs on him. Cain may be her informant.
Remember that theory about Cain using Lise to blackmail L-Elf. Well, its pretty much confirmed. The only difference in the theory is: Lise would be participating of her own free will & not be forced to do it.

I remembered saying that Lise is safe because the high ranking Dorssian's don't know about L-Elf's motivation for the revolution, but when I saw Cain talking to her...I felt trolled.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-03 at 10:38.
Old 2013-11-03, 10:22   Link #3500
shadow1296

y'know i am beginning to wonder if lise is the final boss and everything that cain has done till now has been under her orders

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire