AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 21:19   Link #1
jzmagic
flargansbog

Erementar Gerad

I noticed no one remade a thread for this anime after the crash, so I thought I'd do it justice. Anyways, this is a great anime that fits into fantasy/action/romance. I'm too lazy to type up a summary so just google it to find out what its about. 2 thumbs up from me
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 21:23   Link #2
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think this was a pretty good anime.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 11:11   Link #3
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

So far it's ok. Ok in a Star Ocean kind of way.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 11:18   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I did like it very much because of the multi-facetic cast, the comicity, and overall the soundtrack composed by Yuki Kajiura.

However, the show presented glaring plotholes that never addressed a logical conclusion: Viro's death and Gladias sudden disappearance.

Anyways, Erementar Gerad is a refreshing treat for me. Cisqua is my best favorite character for the show.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 12:43   Link #5
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic
Anyways, this is a great anime that fits into fantasy/action/romance.
Yep, don't get forget the comedy sprinkled throughout the show , because this was definitely a series that was a lot of fun to watch. Ren, Coud, Cisqua - each entertaining in his or her own way. And although the story wasn't as deep or complicated as ones we've seen in other shows, Erementar Gerad did have a nice adventure to follow. A somewhat generic plot after the first few exciting episodes, but that didn't matter too much to me, because it really was just about having some fun all the way.
Spoiler for concerning ending:

And like Guido, I found Cisqua to be my favorite character in this series.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 16:50   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler for ending:

But overall, this was a fun series imo.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 20:51   Link #7
jzmagic
flargansbog

i really liked the protagonists voice actor, the same guy who does chrono from chrno crusade and gaara from naruto. i really look forward to his next major projects.

as for the ending
Spoiler:
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:05   Link #8
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I like it a lot so far. I keep listening to the opening over and over. ^.^ Savage Genius has such beautiful vocals.
Old 2006-09-25, 00:40   Link #9
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

I just finished watching it today. I thought it was an alright show. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't perfect either. I don't think there was any episode that was boring and the opening/ending song were really good.

Spoiler:
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 02:30   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

Hmmm...I'm surprised the EG thread is so small. I'm on episode 18 and I thought that it was pretty good so far.

There is something mysterious about the OP as well. Even though I don't like dance/trance stuff I just love this song. Has anyone tried playing it slowly? It sounds like if a male was doing the vocals and overall it sound pretty good imo.
Old 2006-09-25, 19:09   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i actually have this series on my "too watch" list...is it recommendable or should i watch something else?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:22   Link #12
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's ok in a Naruto sorta way. It's really aimed at the 10 year old.

Old 2006-10-16, 10:39   Link #13
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Sorry for a late post, but in no way is this a pathetic attempt at reviving a thread. I just wanted to post some comments after I've watched up to episode 12...and wanted more.

From first impression, it most certainly looks like a typical shounen anime-Somewhat bumbling teenage boy with big dreams stumbles upon a girl who happens to be 'special' and protects her from danger. It did seem that way to me at first, especially after Cisqua and co. came in as well as Coud's antics with the light ship. Eventually, though, more serious issues such as
Spoiler:
seemed to come into play after several wacky adventures and flashbacks on certain characters.

Maybe i read too much into this, but the episodes where
Spoiler:
pretty much touched my nerves on the subject of whether 'charitable organisations' are as good as they are rumored or show themselves to be.

Too bad I have to wait for the next batch of releases in my country....
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 11:43   Link #14
Tiraken

I have a question about the ending...are Ren and Coud still living in different "times", thus when Coud dies Ren will still be pretty much the same age? If so, I still think that's a sad ending XD
Tiraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 13:38   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
It's ok in a Naruto sorta way. It's really aimed at the 10 year old.
well after a while of putting this off ive finally finnished it...imo i dont agree with the above ~ i found it quite nostalgic to be watching a series with an adventure theme and this series delivers the story was suberb and plot holes (if any) were no where to be seen...the characters are are loveable, believable and realistic given to the context of the series and its universe...i had quite a few laughs watching this but at the same time have experienced sorrow (which is always great) ~ good development on most of the characters especially ren ~

the ending was exellent...its well concluded and leaves a warm fuzzy feeling (i love those ^_^) ~ i dont feel frustrated for what ever reason how it concluded and the right couple imo after what they had been through ~ love is the key here (quite cliched but still its well presented )

a great series and somewat underrated which is a shame ~

@ Tiraken ~ yep i think that the fact that the Eden Raid are still able to react suggests that their life span will still be longer...well i wont say its a sad end as we wont get the far...and im sure ren and coud would love each other right to the last minute ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-03, 14:11   Link #16
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This is an another anime that deserves a season 2.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 15:20   Link #17
martino
makes no files now

^^ Could work... After all, it wouldn't be that hard to make up some plot to continue it. The options are pretty much limitless...
Old 2007-01-03, 17:50   Link #18
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well after a while of putting this off ive finally finnished it...imo i dont agree with the above ~ i found it quite nostalgic to be watching a series with an adventure theme and this series delivers the story was suberb and plot holes (if any) were no where to be seen...the characters are are loveable, believable and realistic given to the context of the series and its universe...i had quite a few laughs watching this but at the same time have experienced sorrow (which is always great) ~ good development on most of the characters especially ren ~

the ending was exellent...its well concluded and leaves a warm fuzzy feeling (i love those ^_^) ~ i dont feel frustrated for what ever reason how it concluded and the right couple imo after what they had been through ~ love is the key here (quite cliched but still its well presented )

a great series and somewat underrated which is a shame ~

@ Tiraken ~ yep i think that the fact that the Eden Raid are still able to react suggests that their life span will still be longer...well i wont say its a sad end as we wont get the far...and im sure ren and coud would love each other right to the last minute ^__^
Just as a note....it says your age is 16. This show was aimed toward the younger Shounen crowd and while you don't agree it's for the 10 year old, you are contributing to the opinion that it is aimed at that age group.

Now don't get me wrong, I liked Star Ocean and Elemental Gelade, but it's an action flick with a romance where 2 people don't even kiss, people with a bunch of guns, and girls with super powers, to me that defines Shounen or the 'Naruto' crowd.

Old 2007-01-03, 17:57   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ saying its aimed at 10 yr olds is somewat insulting imo...to me you are kinda grouping it with "inmature" (which i would consider it wrong tho i could be misunderstanding your meaning)

and they do kiss O.o counted 3-4 times on screen! it is ment to be somewat "innocent" mind you

Old 2007-01-03, 18:04   Link #20
martino
makes no files now

It was aimed at a younger audience, but I'm 17 and I enjoyed watching it. I think that it would be wrong to label this "just for kids"...

Tags
fantasy, romance, shounen