AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-18, 09:59   Link #1
Frontier

DC Live-Action TV and Film General News and Discussion Thread

This is a thread for discussing and posting news, trailers/videos, images, or opinions regarding the live-action TV and film adaptions of DC comics characters .

Any discussion for The Flash premier should be directed here.

Just for a reminder of what is coming up DC wise:

- Arrow season 3 will be premier on October 8th on the CW.

- The Flash, a spinoff of Arrow focusing on the Scarlet Speedster, will be premiering on October 7th on the CW.

- The Batman prequel series Gotham, focusing on Jim Gordon, will be premiering September 22nd on Fox.

- Based off off the Hellblazer comic book, Constantine starring Matt Ryan in the titular role will be premiering October 24th on NBC.

- The female-helmed I, Zombie will be airing later this year on the CW.

- Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is set for a March 25, 2016 premier in the US.

- Production for the Shazam movie has recently begun, with Dwayne Johnson announced for the role of Black Adam.

- Supergirl and the Teen Titans are both currently in the process of getting their own live-action shows.

For threads focusing on specific series:

Arrow (CW)

Gotham (Batman prequel TV Series)

Constantine [NBC]

The Flash (2014 series)

Last edited by Frontier; 2015-02-14 at 17:20. Reason: Added The Flash link
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 10:05   Link #2
GDB

I was thinking this last night but... I want Static Shock in the new Titans series.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 15:09   Link #3
Wandering Soul

I can see Static on the team. I am also predicting Ravager will be on it but she will probably join later rather then start out on the team.
Old 2014-09-18, 18:18   Link #4
Frontier

That reminds me that, this being based around the Teen Titans, means Deathstroke's likely going to show up eventually. Not that I'd particularly mind, but it feels like he's in everything these days .

Static would be really cool to see, and it would just be really nice to see him getting more exposure in general. His powers could probably work with a TV budget, though I wonder if they could work in his disk?
Old 2014-09-18, 18:30   Link #5
GDB

I doubt Deathstroke will show up. He's a big player in Arrow. Remember, there's likely some relative exclusivity in the contracts these stations get.
Old 2014-09-18, 20:05   Link #6
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Deathstroke would only seem relevant to a Teen Titan-ish show if Robin shows up.
Old 2014-09-18, 20:10   Link #7
GDB

We already know Nightwing's in it (along with Starfire and Raven). Nightwing is the first Robin, who also happens to be the one with a history with Deathstroke.
Old 2014-09-18, 20:47   Link #8
Galaxian

If they were to add an Aqualad, I would actually prefer if they use Young Justice's.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 21:12   Link #9
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

All that I would like to know it's how are they gonna handle the Titans, is it a gritty reboot like so many other adaptations these days? Because that would mean we'll most likely get an emo Nightwing (oh no, my dad is a crazy ass who thinks he's a bat)...
Old 2014-09-18, 21:23   Link #10
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I doubt Deathstroke will show up. He's a big player in Arrow. Remember, there's likely some relative exclusivity in the contracts these stations get.
That's probably accurate. I could see DC not wanting multiple live-action versions of their characters running around, especially on other networks. Deathstroke is definitely pretty big in the Arrow-verse, and bound to show up again, so having Slade show up in Titans would probably diminish that a bit. Same might apply to Cyborg, though it seems Flash is exempt if the movie one ends up being Barry.

Quote:
We already know Nightwing's in it (along with Starfire and Raven). Nightwing is the first Robin, who also happens to be the one with a history with Deathstroke.
I wonder if the show might ever address Batman getting a new Robin, likely Jason, and Dick's reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
If they were to add an Aqualad, I would actually prefer if they use Young Justice's.
It would definitely be cool to see Kaldur on the team .

Though I wonder if how easy it would be to replicate his powers on a TV budget .
Old 2014-09-18, 21:25   Link #11
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd missed the notice mentioning that Nightwing was in it.
Old 2014-09-18, 22:26   Link #12
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It would definitely be cool to see Kaldur on the team .

Though I wonder if how easy it would be to replicate his powers on a TV budget .
Take away his hydrokinesis (or have it that it takes a toll on him and he only uses it on key occasions) and just keep super strength and durability. Breathing underwater and fast swimming would only come into play on episodes the Titans go to the beach
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 17:35   Link #13
Frontier

Such is the fate of being Aquaman's sidekick .

In other news, Supergirl has been picked up by CBS:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/..._medium=social

And new Flash TV Spots:

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-10-07 at 18:27.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 22:53   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It might be crazy, but I kind of wish we had more animated hero series more than the live action stuff. Some heroes I think it can work alright for like Green Arrow. But some I think would just be better animated so they can have some awesome looking shows. Only so much a TV series can do with their budget.
Old 2014-10-01, 10:27   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It might be crazy, but I kind of wish we had more animated hero series more than the live action stuff. Some heroes I think it can work alright for like Green Arrow. But some I think would just be better animated so they can have some awesome looking shows. Only so much a TV series can do with their budget.
I think Specter could be a great adult animated show ala HBO's Spawn. You could have some truly vile villains show up and then have Specter "cure" them of their lives. Though I guess some version of the character will appear in Constantine later this year.

Beyond that, I would love to see a Justice Society of America animated television show or movie, only if it is set in WWII though, and it didn't 't feature The Big Three.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 10:48   Link #16
GDB

When I think Justice Society and "Big Three", I think Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Ted Grant. Am I right to assume you meant Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?
Old 2014-10-01, 11:03   Link #17
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
When I think Justice Society and "Big Three", I think Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Ted Grant. Am I right to assume you meant Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?
I think he meant Flash!
Old 2014-10-01, 11:37   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
It's DC, so of course the Big Three are Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 18:32   Link #19
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not that I disagree, and Flash would probably look a lot better in animation (especially the suit), but at the moment more serious or action-oriented DC cartoons are kinda a no go, at least on Cartoon Network. Beware the Batman got treated pretty badly compared to Teen Titans Go, which is more a comedy series than a real superhero show, in terms of advertising and the scheduling of the premiers. I recall the show being off the air for months until Toonami picked it up and started airing the remaining episodes. And even then, eventually they had to go for a full blowout of all the remaining episodes because the contract for airing them had apparently run out .

Not to mention that Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series got similar treatment when they were on DC Nation, which was especially bad for Green Lantern .

So with that, and how the movies are at the moment, I'm more than willing to be excited and optimistic about this DC TV universe and The Flash. The creators seem to be putting in a lot of effort to make it a true Superhero show with a comic-book feel, and stay true to the source material, and most of what I've seen (Interviews, clips, etc.) has me pumped to see the Scarlet Speedster in the flesh and on the small screen once again as well as what the creative team have in store .

And with the premier tonight, one more promo with a few special teases:

And presenting, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold:

Old 2014-10-07, 19:14   Link #20
GDB

Well, so far I'm really enjoying Flash. More than Arrow (I really don't like "the Island"). Plus, Barry's a doof. Doofs are fun characters.