AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-22, 18:26   Link #161
Gunbladeuser
Trace... ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Thanks, that saved me from spending money on that game.

Though seriously, if they're not planning to finish the game they could at least release their work so far and let others pick it up.
Afaik, the game's translation is already done.
It's only that the datas are lost on most member's hard drives and the only one who's got the complete datas went to Japan. Since then, the communication has been kind of... very, very, very, very... very bad so that it was not possible to bring out the patch.
Well... at least that's what I last heard about this, though I do wonder how long this communication problem has already been going on...
Old 2009-02-24, 00:13   Link #162
nychi002

According to the beginning post the website and is domain were paid for for two years. That was two years ago so if they haven't renewed their site or domain that may explain why there's been no new activity on the site. I also heard that they were trying to switch servers due to a server crash that lost data. Lack of communication is a big problem but here's another thing to consider. Last time I checked the website before everything went to hell, there was a message posting about how someone was going into surgery. So maybe they staff has other issues they need to focus on?
Old 2009-02-24, 01:56   Link #163
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I believe that's all very old news (including the surgery I think) ... but it does illuminate one of the problems with the Brave New World on the Net. There's no automatic mechanism for people to know your fate if you vanish.

If I exit realspace via a car crash or heart attack tomorrow -- its highly unlikely anyone on the forums, facebook, or in MMOs or other "meetspaces" will ever know what happened (though I do actually know one or two people here in RL, they might be nice enough to let posters know).
Old 2009-02-24, 02:26   Link #164
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... weather it is a problem it an interesting question, since its sometimes is a 'easy way' to leave the site ... would actually be interested to have an extended debate about it in one way or another
Old 2009-02-24, 07:56   Link #165
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychi002 View Post
According to the beginning post the website and is domain were paid for for two years. That was two years ago so if they haven't renewed their site or domain that may explain why there's been no new activity on the site. I also heard that they were trying to switch servers due to a server crash that lost data. Lack of communication is a big problem but here's another thing to consider. Last time I checked the website before everything went to hell, there was a message posting about how someone was going into surgery. So maybe they staff has other issues they need to focus on?
Actually if memory serves they also mentioned that they'd put the domain on auto-renewal to avoid what happened to their .se domain (all the head honchos were away and the lease on the domain expired and was never renewed).
Also I believe that the work on the new site is going on slowly considering that I suspect that the servers OS has already been changed (unless it has always been running on Nginx) plus the lease on the domain doesn't expire for another 7 months so it'd be best to keep and eye on the usual whois checkers to see if the domain gets renewed.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:12   Link #166
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Having played through the game a bit and having a decent grasp on the language, I have to say that if I had an inkling of how to make a patch for the game I'd take a stab at translating it myself. Alas, I have not the knowledge of how to make such a patch.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:58   Link #167
sora12

is there site is now up? or still welcome nginx?
Old 2009-02-27, 14:13   Link #168
Dessert

Exclamation

Hello everyone!

So, its been a while hasn't it? Its update time.

Ero-Jiji is alive and well. He is currently stuck in USA waiting on his visa so that he can go back home to Japan. All of the Shuffle files are on his HD at home in Japan, so he does not have access to it. The reason he is still waiting on his visa (He applied for it 6 months ago) is because of the election (thats our best guess) and paperwork is backed up to hell. He has recently gotten his Passport in, hopefully his Visa will be soon to follow. So he is hoping to be able to return home within the next month or two.

The whole surgery thing was my wife and I. We had our baby, and to be honest, life has been hectic since. At 1 month our son had to have surgery for Pyloric Stenosis (google it), we moved in december, and now we are 1 month away from our wedding. I will be completely honest and say that I haven't had much time to get online at all since.

As for the website, our webmaster, Lordi, is working on the site, changing it over to a new system. At the moment, I believe college is catching up and he is focusing most of his time on that, since the website wouldn't do much good until Ero can get back to Japan anyway.

As for the shuffle patch. Yes, all the work is done is done, it just has to be finalized (make sure no files are missing or anything), compiled, and distributed. But as I said, its all inaccessible until EroJiji can go home.

As for the Welcome to NGINX thing, I am supposing that is something that Lordi threw up with the new server system. We will get in touch with him and ask about it, and when we can expect the website to be back up.

So yeah, with Ero stuck in US, me and my wife taking care of our son, and Lordi dealing with college, there is no progress to be made or reported at the moment. GamePatch is still alive and well, we are just having some IRL issues at the moment.

I will keep an eye on the thread, and try and answer any questions you folks may have.

Thank you,
The GamePatch Team

Last edited by Dessert; 2009-02-28 at 02:25.
Old 2009-02-28, 01:39   Link #169
nychi002

Thank You, thank you, thank you, thank you, etc, etc...
Old 2009-02-28, 06:24   Link #170
sora12

wow at very long last an update from them ^^.
Old 2009-03-02, 01:39   Link #171
japguy
Kyou-sama follower

A little light of hope:]
phew.
the best news this year so far. Now we play the waiting game
Old 2009-03-02, 01:53   Link #172
Jze0
Hmmm...

Thats good news, I thought that this project was no more. At least now theres a little hope. I'll be waiting eagerly, Thanks...
Old 2009-03-02, 02:18   Link #173
Dessert

Yes, I will admit, all of this waiting is even a little discouraging even to me. But hey, life happens I guess. It just sucks that Ero has been stuck in the US for a year and a half now, while the Shuffle work sits on his hard drive...at home...not turned on...

Blagh! ><
Old 2009-03-02, 05:32   Link #174
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

how can it be that he've been stuck for that long time? ...
Old 2009-03-04, 01:07   Link #175
nychi002

I have a question. Since we're all waiting for the Shuffle patch to be uploaded what's the stasis for Really Really and Tick Tack? Wasn't game-patch also translating those as well?
Old 2009-03-04, 10:53   Link #176
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

No offense intended to the GamePatch guys here, but considering how long it's taken to hear anything definitive about the status of a patch for Shuffle! I think you could learn enough Japanese to be able to play either of the other games before either would ever (if ever) see a patch.

Besides, of the two only Really? Really! is worth playing. Tick Tack was an enormous disappointment. Tangentially, this continues to baffle me. Nerine's path was fun to play in Shuffle! but her "after" game sucked. Kaede's path in Shuffle! bored me to tears, but her "after" game is awesome. Go fig.
Old 2009-03-04, 11:42   Link #177
Dessert

Well, the truth of the matter is, during most of the time you all were waiting on shuffle, so were we (the staff). During that time, Ero-jiji was unable to contact me or any other staffers. I finally got in touch with him July of 2008, and he is currently waiting on his Visa (he recently got his passport, so his visa should be coming soon) so that he can go back home. The only thing he has planned to do in america before going home is to attend mine and my fiance's wedding.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:06   Link #178
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

.... that's a little confusing "recently got his passport and waiting on visa so he can go back home"...

The only sense I can make of that is that he's an American citizen (which I thought he was anyway) but considers his "home" in Japan or another country. And somehow let his passport expire????

Thanks for the information but you have to admit that sounds a little confusing

... and I'll keep my expectations at zero so I can be pleasantly surprised.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:48   Link #179
sds111

I really love you guys for doing this, a huge undertaking that should be commended; if I were able to give.
Old 2009-03-05, 10:58   Link #180
Dessert

He is a japanese citizen. But he filed for his new US visa (it had expired) about 6 months ago, because it could take up to 2 years and a lot of hoops to jump through to get a US visa in japan. So he is waiting on that, else he won't be able to come back to the US for a long time.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, game patch, navel, romance, school life, translation