AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-06, 19:24   Link #141
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
At the rate this series moves it would be NT volume 200 before he was able to become a master at it
Ah, yes. Poor guy, all this EXP but no time to actually use them... XD
Old 2013-07-06, 19:28   Link #142
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I'm happy with the current style of Touma, as a fan of street fighters, I get glad to see Touma representing well the class with his punches, knees and heads and more recently kicking in the back and stomach of girls.
Old 2013-07-06, 22:11   Link #143
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Eh, what?

I'm talking why Othinus didn't choose to make something that was undefeatable instead of taking the risks of suffering the same fate Acqua had in Academy City.
I meant what I said, Freyr's sword never being beaten in legend does not = being unstoppable/invincible, what it means would be similar to a sportsman going on a win streak, win a championship tournament with no losses, then retire.

This is same deal with pre-reformed Accelerator, he doesn't have to do squat while his enemies just get themselves killed because of his abilities, and when he actively participates in a fight his victory is all the more assured. So then he says he untouchable now, he can't be defeated...
Right up until the point where he gets the shit beaten out of him by Kamijou, and later Kihara.

Your quote just says "a means of defeating the sword has not been recorded anywhere." It doesn't say or mean it can't be defeated, only that the way to do so is not known.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:13   Link #144
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
I meant what I said, Freyr's sword never being beaten in legend does not = being unstoppable/invincible, what it means would be similar to a sportsman going on a win streak, win a championship tournament with no losses, then retire.
Its better than having a legend where you're fated to lose.

Quote:
Your quote just says "a means of defeating the sword has not been recorded anywhere." It doesn't say or mean it can't be defeated, only that the way to do so is not known.
I'm quoting the vol.21 and 22 from the narrator/author. And there is a way, making the owner of the sword to give it to another person.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:49   Link #145
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Its better than having a legend where you're fated to lose.
Ain't gonna deny that. Look, all I'm saying is that the sword is not an 'I always win' trump card, but neither am I saying that the sword is shit, it's really high up in terms of good weapons.

The Holy Right could be described as the 'I always win' power but Kamachi had it curb-stomped by the Blasting Rod.
Quote:
I'm quoting the vol.21 and 22 from the narrator/author. And there is a way, making the owner of the sword to give it to another person.
I know it's from the books, but does not change anything, you used it as source that I also I quoted from.
As for the other point, I guess that could happen, but considering Freyr's legend I'd imagine people not wanting end up following his footsteps, and technically that is defeating the wielder, not the sword.

And you'd have to be mental to give that crazy good weapon up.
Old 2013-07-07, 00:10   Link #146
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Ain't gonna deny that. Look, all I'm saying is that the sword is not an 'I always win' trump card, but neither am I saying that the sword is shit, it's really high up in terms of good weapons.
IMO, its better than Gungnir, bu thats just me.

Quote:
The Holy Right could be described as the 'I always win' power but Kamachi had it curb-stomped by the Blasting Rod.
Thats not a good comparison. At that time Fiamma couldn't even stand on his feet.

Quote:
And you'd have to be mental to give that crazy good weapon up.
Freyr did it because of woman he fell in love .
Old 2013-07-07, 00:14   Link #147
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Bu-but I used it because Fiamma's speshul power parries any attack that come at him without even knowing and counter-attacks.
Old 2013-07-07, 00:17   Link #148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
General question: Should Touma learn some trapping or grappeling moves? Or even an entire fighting system?
Whatever he chooses, it has to be rough and simple to reflex his 'amateurism'.

Amateur in the sense that he doesn't have professional training.

Basically, he should learn the level 1 moves of all the skills but never advance beyond that.
Old 2013-07-07, 05:55   Link #149
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
IMO, its better than Gungnir, bu thats just me.

Thats not a good comparison. At that time Fiamma couldn't even stand on his feet.

Freyr did it because of woman he fell in love .
Quote:
Bu-but I used it because Fiamma's speshul power parries any attack that come at him without even knowing and counter-attacks.
I am on Ihaxliknoob's side here. This series is about characters who can't lose getting beaten and weapons that are invincible getting outwitted by Touma, Hamazura, and Accelerator. Its like Touma's quote to Fiamma when he was talking about the nuclear weapon launch pad. Touma is the type of person who will find some other way to do something different from the conventional way of doing things to get it done. This is his favorite quality in my eyes. For this reason, I feel like any villain can eventually be beaten no matter how strong they are. The only exception of course is Imagine breaker itself. I doubt that will ever lose if Touma is fighting at his absolute best and he unlocks its original functionality. I'm sure that's better than 100% chance of doing whatever you want. It's probably like 100% chance of negation that goes beyond 100% chance of doing what you want. You can probably even negate people's powers to use magic/esper abilities (I wonder).

In this series, there is no most powerful character. Even Touma is beaten time and time again. This is what makes it interesting. Given that in the anime the third villain was the most powerful esper... invincible doesn't mean squat here in terms of legends. We have tons of invincible superpowers that mini-villains made which were exceedingly weak in the large scheme of things.

Also... the fact you two were quoting the same material and getting different interpretations. We're dealing with something like the Bible!!!
Old 2013-07-07, 07:21   Link #150
hamazura
whatever

So any thought about othinus kick ass-ing touma and then get 1-hit-ko-ed by dragon something power from imajin breaker?

Biggest touma flaw is that his power cant develop, its just fvking super imba spell called "extending my right arm" and he IS the protagonist -_-
he cant be cool no matter how the author want him to be
good thing the author kind of understood it well and raise the level of villain and leave them to another protagonist
Old 2013-07-07, 07:26   Link #151
icebreaker

Anyone posted this?

9月の新刊予定(2013年9月10日発売)

◆新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(8)
著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/はいむらきよたか
ハワイでのテロ行為、バゲージシティでの『実験』、『不死の存在』の奪取……世界中で
『グレムリン』の起こした『脅威』には、全て理由があった。その恐るべき計画とは――。
Old 2013-07-07, 07:27   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yup, three pages back, the translated version...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...40#post4746840
Old 2013-07-07, 11:52   Link #153
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
So any thought about othinus kick ass-ing touma and then get 1-hit-ko-ed by dragon something power from imajin breaker?
... I think you might have missed the end of NT4
Old 2013-07-07, 12:06   Link #154
Acer
Death to the infidels!

the way things are going, I think sensible to say that Hamazura will be the last hope of humanity against Othinus, the problem is that him can only release his true powers under terms very specific, and I hope that the next time the Touma lose right arm is because he himself cut / melted / put his arm in the garbage disposal, whatever.
Old 2013-07-07, 14:22   Link #155
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Hamazura will be the to defeat Othinus, after all he is the one Who Defies Finality.

That must translate his luck stat to A++! /Nasufag

Last edited by Ihaxlikenoob; 2013-07-07 at 19:16.
Old 2013-07-07, 14:46   Link #156
Haigon

Quote:
Hamazura will be the to defeat Othinus, after all he is the oneWho Defies Finality.

That must translate his luck stat to A++! /Nasufag
I guess his luck is up to EX rank
Old 2013-07-07, 15:07   Link #157
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
the way things are going, I think sensible to say that Hamazura will be the last hope of humanity against Othinus, the problem is that him can only release his true powers under terms very specific, and I hope that the next time the Touma lose right arm is because he himself cut / melted / put his arm in the garbage disposal, whatever.
Yep, I called it long time ago in the old novels thread, with almost every character going from wtf to omg and lol because a human with no power defeated somone who was over the top like a magic god or maybe even Aleister himself.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:20   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
... I think you might have missed the end of NT4
He doesn't read those remember?
Old 2013-07-07, 16:44   Link #159
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He doesn't read those remember?
...Then why... You know what I'm just not going to touch that.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:47   Link #160
Acer
Death to the infidels!

wow, how can anyone not having read the NT volume 4 ? considering that this volume is considered by many the best of the new phase
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions