AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 22:27   Link #1
Lil Kis

Is the .Hack series worth watching?

Well I would like to know as much about it before I invest a lot of money into it....

There are currently 3 series and a OVA but I don't really know nothing about the show....

There is...

.Hack//sign
.Hack//Legend of the twilight
.hack//roots
and the OVA .Hack//quantum OVA series

now I was wondering how many volumes there are to the .hack roots series...Is there 5 or 6 i'm confused when I look at amazon.com
(Here is the link)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=.hack+roots

Also what is this show about? How great is it? It seems to of gotten great reviews on amazon.com from people that purchased the anime series....I'm talking about all 4 shows not just .hack Roots

Also in what order should I watch each show and are they connected? Which show is the best of all 4....thanks

Plz any info would be appreciated....thank you very much!!!
Old 2012-06-10, 22:33   Link #2
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I've only watched sign and Liminality and honestly, it's one of the most boring anime I've ever seen in my life (And I've been forced to watch Naruto fillers) aside from the great soundtrack by famous composer Yuki Kaijura. I'm guessing the show would be more accessible if you were familiar to the game though. It did nothing for me, really, and perhaps the other incarnations are different.

The mini ova for Sign, .hack gift is cute though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-10, 22:45   Link #3
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The anime is quite boring to be honest, unless you like story which only serve to build the world setting. All the anime serves as some sort of backgrounds story to the game, which is the main point of the series, so it's extremely slow, full of conversation, confusing setting and jargon, which are only explained in the game. Buy it only if you plan to also play the game.

I personally love the franchise myself, but I can see lots of people disliking the anime if they haven't played the game.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:14   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Only one I enjoyed was .hack//sign (and I personnaly didn't play the game tied to it)

What liked most about the show was that most was trying to guess who was hiding IRL behind the avatars of he people in the mmorpg.
It is incredibly slow paced though,so it tends to bore people even if it doesn't bore me.

.hack//roots didn't have the IRL interaction and left you with a very unsatisfying ending where you need to play the video game to know the rest of the story.Frankly it's maybe the anime I've not dropped that I dislike the most.

.hack//quantum was better but sadly very short and you really need to be familiar with the franchise to really enjoy all the cameos it has.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I personally would spend the money on another franchise.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:29   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Unless you have an interest in the games, or have played them, I wouldn't normally consider them worth watching for someone.
MAL
Old 2012-06-11, 00:03   Link #6
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

if you've played the games, yes
if not, no

Old 2012-06-11, 11:43   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I've played the .Hack games and enjoyed them to no end. .Hack//Sign anime was really amazing in my opinion. It's a bit slow but the mystery and the twist slowly begin to build up as time goes on.

The games really give you a clear notion on what the series premise is about, the anime does go in some depth on it, but the games sort of touch on the origins and mysteries of "The World" and the creation and secrets behind it.
Old 2012-06-15, 01:20   Link #8
arachni42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
if you've played the games, yes
if not, no
I'm also curious about this series. I played Infection and Mutation back in the day (when they came out -- not really THAT long ago, but long enough that I don't remember a lot), and was enjoying the setting/plot, but the gameplay itself was too boring. I always wondered if it worked better as an anime. I also would've liked to see the rest of Liminality, but not enough to buy the 3rd and 4th game. What do you think?
Closed Thread