AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-02-10, 02:40   Link #1
Chosen_Hero

Riverdale (CW)

Quote:
A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade.
I am very surprised that I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. Considering that I am a sucker for a good murder mystery I was already willing to give this a try but finding out that Cole friking Sprouse was part of the main cast made this a must watch and again, I love this show.

So 3 episodes are up so far and things just keep getting more mysterious by the episode if I were to guess as to who the murderer is I would have to say that
Spoiler for Murder Suspect:

Outside of that considering how different some relationships are in this adaptation the shipping is about to go wild. My crack pairing at the moment is Jughead x Betty, would be interesting to see the show explore that relationship. If you haven't noticed Jughead is my favorite character, especially considering he is in kind of the detective role.

P.S. If you are wondering, it does retain the cheesy life lessons that the Archie comics are so fond of.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2017-02-10 at 11:23.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 09:34   Link #2
GDB

Might have to give it a try if it's actually good. The commercials made it seem super shallow with how they were pretty much just, "IT'S ARCHIE, BUT NEW! SEX, DRUGS, MURDER, AND MAYBE SOME LESBIAN SEX!"
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 11:22   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Might have to give it a try if it's actually good. The commercials made it seem super shallow with how they were pretty much just, "IT'S ARCHIE, BUT NEW! SEX, DRUGS, MURDER, AND MAYBE SOME LESBIAN SEX!"
It's one of those show where you go in expecting it to be this way and leave with a better impression of the show overall, at least in my opinion.

Tags
crime, drama