AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 12:54   Link #481
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Interesting... Morishima Haruka is listed as a Virgo even though she is acting more like an Aquarian in the show so far.
Can horoscope determine any anime character personality in anime shows?
Never saw a single Scorpio (as me) acting canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megrim27 View Post
Wow, so much Morishima love. Am I the only one that thinks she's a totally self-centered flake?
Wouldn't it be boring if she were just OMGsoperfect?
Old 2010-07-10, 12:54   Link #482
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Favourite characters to me goes to what's her face imouto. Anyone who says "ONII-CHAN" is a winner in my book. I wish I had a little sister about now. ;_;
Little sisters are overrated. Trust me, I know. I have two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
By the way, those who have had little sister's would tell you it's no paradise. Heck, I spent a vacation at my uncle's house a few clicks back and his daughter was a bit of a handful. There's that thing where not every kid sister out there worships her big bro, and god bless the ones that do
Well, the little sister type in anime is too idealized. Depending on the role of the character, it also implies a pure type of relationship separate from the anxiety of outside social interaction.

However real life, they exist to annoy the older brother. I remember a childhood memory of mine, when I told my younger sister(s) to only use my name, and not call me by using "big brother" or the local equivalent in my language. I do admit, it's nice to be looked up to sometimes, but responsibilty comes with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Her contradictions are part of what makes her seem real. Her uncertainty makes her seem real. Her switching between certainty to uncertainty makes her seem real. In screenwriting, people say that you should always have contradictions in your characters, since that makes them feel more real. Truth is always stranger than fiction. To make fiction feel more true, you have to make it less reasonable.
Well said.

I think my only problem so far is that a few of Haruka's lines seem to have an out-of-nowhere context. Like someone else has said, that conversation about looking at the water in episode 1 feels kind of weird, if only because of its slight cheese factor. I understand that such is reminiscent of its VN roots, but I felt that proper context was needed to establish that line beforehand.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-07-10 at 13:43.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 13:14   Link #483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Guess I'm the only one who's bored with Junichi as the main lead. Just one of those things where I can't relate at all.
I find him a bit plain, so I guess you could say I can identify with him easily
I think he's meant to be boring, or rather, normal. A super badass or tormented character is unneeded in that kind of story. It seems they're trying to make this anime it as realistic as possible, and it's working well so far.

Quote:
Miya!!!! Never forget

By the way, those who have had little sister's would tell you it's no paradise. Heck, I spent a vacation at my uncle's house a few clicks back and his daughter was a bit of a handful. There's that thing where not every kid sister out there worships her big bro, and god bless the ones that do
I can certainly vouch for that lol, and that may be the very reason I'm so attracted to anime little sisters. Most of them are just perfect. Sigh... I wish Mikan were my imouto ;_;
Old 2010-07-10, 13:21   Link #484
Setsuna Asuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post

Wouldn't it be boring if she were just OMGsoperfect?
She's too much 3D pig disgusting
Old 2010-07-10, 13:48   Link #485
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find him a bit plain, so I guess you could say I can identify with him easily
I think he's meant to be boring, or rather, normal. A super badass or tormented character is unneeded in that kind of story. It seems they're trying to make this anime it as realistic as possible, and it's working well so far.
I'm just pleased that he's not as clueless as a lot of leads. He's also a lot more proactive (which may just be a side effect of the omnibus format squeezing all the stories into 4 episode chunks).
Ultimately, I like him. It doesn't feel like the story is happening to him, and he's starting a lot of the action himself. I have to give him a hand for that.
Old 2010-07-10, 14:07   Link #486
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I'm confused that people view her as real. She's as fake as they come. First time the guy professes his love, she rejects him without a moment of thought. Second time she's flustered all of a sudden and doesn't know what to say. What has changed her mind? Yeah, I'm not believing it.
Looks like someone didn't really understand Haruka during the first confession scene. Mentar wrote a fantastic post about it which i think you should read.
Old 2010-07-10, 14:26   Link #487
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Miya!!!! Never forget
Mya!

Quote:
Wow, so much Morishima love. Am I the only one that thinks she's a totally self-centered flake?
........No?
I thought so, and while not here, there are places that have expressed their... dis-likeness for her.
Besides, the guy is a masochist, so I'm sure he is enjoying his every second as her dog.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:27   Link #488
CWW
Lurker

Um. That still doesn't explain why she went from no to yes in the span of one day.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:29   Link #489
bigdeath

Quote:
Wow, so much Morishima love. Am I the only one that thinks she's a totally self-centered flake? I was hoping Tachibana would give up on her because even if he did win her over, I can't see it as being a particularly healthy relationship, for him anyway. I didn't take her trying all those clubs as showing she loves variety, more like nothing holds her interest for more than 5 mins, shown by when she kept changing her description of what she liked in a man. That's my take on it anyway.
I agree, I really dislike this girl. Major flake that just uses guys for her own amusement. Move on to the next girl already and dump this flake on the curb alone. Seriously, I want the girl in my avatar to be Morishima. Sadly, our male lead is far too much of a wuss.......
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:30   Link #490
Itlandm
Porcupine

So this is based on "Dating Sims"? It seems Japan has very different Sims from here in Europe.

This is not a story where people kill themselves or get their head cut off, is it? I really hate it when that happens in a love story. I think this Morishima-senpai looks insane in the beginning of the ending song, where those objects are flying behind her and she does not have a shirt on and her eyes are wide open.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:36   Link #491
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Seriously, I want the girl in my avatar to be Morishima. Sadly, our male lead is far too much of a wuss.......
I think with the technology these days, it is possible to switch the girl in... maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
This is not a story where people kill themselves or get their head cut off, is it? I really hate it when that happens in a love story.

I think this Morishima-senpai looks insane in the beginning of the ending song, where those objects are flying behind her and she does not have a shirt on and her eyes are wide open.
Ahaha, of course not. I think I know what you are talking about, but don't worry, there aren't any companies that are as crazy as that one's was, so you most certainly won't see that happen elsewhere... and most certainly not here.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:41   Link #492
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Um. That still doesn't explain why she went from no to yes in the span of one day.
Ah well, have it your way.
Old 2010-07-10, 15:13   Link #493
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Wasn't it two or three days actually?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:24   Link #494
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wasn't it two or three days actually?
Yea think it was 2 days.

I think the term fickle suits Haruka the best here and by no means in any bad way but thats just personal opinion.
Fickle but not wishy washy, which in most cases I hate wishy washy more than anything else.
Old 2010-07-10, 15:24   Link #495
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
Probably not. It was probably my mistaken belief that it is common for japanese game and anime characters to have star signs that match their personality - Especially VN and dating sim characters.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:11   Link #496
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

I'm really enjoying the steady and simple school-bound pace of this anime. It eases you into the characters and isn't too forceful or in-your-face with them. I can't wait to to all of the girl's perspectives.
I couldn't stand Morishima after the end of episode 1 and onward. She seemed like she had no clue about anyone's feelings but her own and wasn't hurting the main guy's feelings on purpose, but was so freakin oblivious to them. That's what angered me.

However, at the end of episode 2 I grew quite fond of her. I don't know what it is. Maybe her love of cute puppies and relating Tachibana and his sister to animals. I agree with her that the Imouto(forgot her name) is like a cat. And I am definitely not liking Imouto at all.
Imouto's aggressive attitude towards Tachibana is unjustifiable. I'm sure some fans might find it cute, but as a woman, I find it over-the-top.

I just don't get the sister-love-thing. It seems to be a really popular theme in anime these days. I am not digging that.
HeadlessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:28   Link #497
Mazryonh

I'm a fan of Shizuka Itou's voice work, but does anyone else think that the voice she's using for Haruka Morishima is the exact same voice she used for Himawari Kunogi in XXXholic? I kept waiting for Haruka to say "Watanuki-kun," just like Himawari often did.

Also, didn't Rina Satou (Kaoru's voice actress) also work with Shizuka Itou in the (adult) version of To Heart 2? It'll be nice to hear her act dere-dere after all the tsun-tsun activity we got from Mikoto Misaka in To Aru Majutsu no Index.

Is the game also in the same order of release as To Heart 2 was? All-ages game, anime, then 18+ game?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:29   Link #498
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm a fan of Shizuka Itou's voice work, but does anyone else think that the voice she's using for Haruka Morishima is the exact same voice she used for Himawari Kunogi in XXXholic? I kept waiting for Haruka to say "Watanuki-kun," just like Himawari often did.
It's not strange for a seiyuu to use the same voice for different characters, i mean at the end of the day they both do the job rather well.

I can name quite a few characters that Shizuka Itou has voiced, and they all fitted very nicely.
Old 2010-07-10, 17:48   Link #499
Itlandm
Porcupine

I think the younger sister is acting quite natural. Children thrive on attention, so naturally they will cling to their older siblings if parents are not around, and dislike anyone that might draw the attention away from them. There is almost never anything erotic in that. Attention is a basic need of human life, like hunger and thirst. Unless one has learned to commune with the heavenly world, attention from family members is very important. But I guess many today grow up as an only child, so family dynamic is foreign to them.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:59   Link #500
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Interesting... Morishima Haruka is listed as a Virgo even though she is acting more like an Aquarian in the show so far.
Ah so that's her horoscope sign. Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I'm just pleased that he's not as clueless as a lot of leads. He's also a lot more proactive (which may just be a side effect of the omnibus format squeezing all the stories into 4 episode chunks).
Ultimately, I like him. It doesn't feel like the story is happening to him, and he's starting a lot of the action himself. I have to give him a hand for that.
In other words he is not Makoto and is way better than he will ever be. BTW who the heck was crazy enough to give me bad rep points with a sigh.....after all these nice GIFs? I don't get that.......someone tell me a good way of getting positive green points instead of red ones.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-07-10 at 18:36.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen