AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 20:01   Link #1181
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'll probably regret asking, but how does that make her annoying, much less that much so?
I don't really understand myself, but it feels like they emphasize her her violent tsundere quality that I so despise by appearing cute on her when I find her a total b*tch. Plus they look ridiculous.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 23:09   Link #1182
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Funny thing. When I recently realized those two things on Eco's head were actually horns, I found her 1000 times more annoying.
Diclonius, diclonius everywhere.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:08   Link #1183
GenesiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I can never look at Eco the same way ever again.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 05:19   Link #1184
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Well, what did you expect those two things to be ? Some kind of boils ?
Old 2014-05-25, 06:08   Link #1185
GenesiD

I knew they were horns. I just never connected them to a Diclonius. Ugh, I read EL when I was a kid, and now that I look back at it, all I can wonder is what the hell was I doing reading that.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 08:12   Link #1186
Vaans
NEET

I got suddenly reminded of Elfen Lied when I look at Eco's horns.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:15   Link #1187
bakato

Quote:
Yeah, but the thing his Eco's weren't pointy in the slightest. They were completely round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Well, what did you expect those two things to be ? Some kind of boils ?
I never really noticed them and I just assumed they were hair ornaments.
Old 2014-05-25, 23:57   Link #1188
ZeKeR
Superbad

upon the discussion of Eco's horns, I now remember that documentary about animals with developing horns start off as round (not sure if soft) things and they grow to be horns when they grow up.

... now this makes me want grown up Eco and Navi sandwiching Ash in between.
Old 2014-05-31, 05:33   Link #1189
chancs

An update on the TLs.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 09:20   Link #1190
kagato3

Quote:
I don't really understand myself, but it feels like they emphasize her her violent tsundere quality that I so despise by appearing cute on her when I find her a total b*tch. Plus they look ridiculous.
I think you are projecting a bit too much Eco's "violent tsundere quality" is almost all due to her acting like a child because she is a child and greatly lessen as she matures
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 09:37   Link #1191
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think you are projecting a bit too much Eco's "violent tsundere quality" is almost all due to her acting like a child because she is a child and greatly lessen as she matures
I hate violent tsunderes whether they're children or not.
Old 2014-05-31, 10:30   Link #1192
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I hate violent tsunderes whether they're children or not.
Except it isn't because she's a tsundere. She isn't lashing out because of shyness or embarrassment, she's doing it because she has no idea who she is, why she's so different, or even what she is. Those would mess anyone up, especially a new born child.

Combined with that is the fact that she has a grand total of one person who she can truly trust and rely on. That would be Ash, who is constantly surrounded by others who are stronger/more reliable/have bigger boobs(). She is extremely insecure and jealous of his attention just like all children are of their caretakers.

While it doesn't make it less annoying, it makes it far more bearable to me since this is literally the only legitimate excuse I have seen for her kind of behavior.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:05   Link #1193
ta2666

Can that really be counted as an excuse? She is not weaker than those around ash, since she is a dragon and she knows she is one because of the fact that she has inborn knowledge. So the only reason that I can come up with for her behavior is that she is a spoiled brat.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 11:33   Link #1194
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
Can that really be counted as an excuse? She is not weaker than those around ash, since she is a dragon and she knows she is one because of the fact that she has inborn knowledge. So the only reason that I can come up with for her behavior is that she is a spoiled brat.
She's five months old and has nothing but what the Dragweiss told her. She's supposed to be a dragon, but was born in a human body. The reason for that is one of the few things the Dragweiss refuses to talk to her about.

Her inborn knowledge tells her that she is a special kind of dragon, which combined with their natural pride led to her haughty attitude. Then she finds out she has almost no power in her current form. Ash is nearly killed protecting her several times. Other girls try and take Ash away from her. And she has Draoconic Satan trying to hunt her down and steal her body.

Besides, she gets far better after volume four, which is where most of her questions get answered.

When confronted with the aforementioned Satanic Dragon, Ash confronts him and all but bitchslaps him away from Eco. He also reassures her that he'll always be with her, protecting her, which erases many of her doubts. And her insecurities about her power are removed by the revelation that she becomes a mountain-sized monster dragon.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:25   Link #1195
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
She's five months old and has nothing but what the Dragweiss told her. She's supposed to be a dragon, but was born in a human body. The reason for that is one of the few things the Dragweiss refuses to talk to her about.

Her inborn knowledge tells her that she is a special kind of dragon, which combined with their natural pride led to her haughty attitude. Then she finds out she has almost no power in her current form. Ash is nearly killed protecting her several times. Other girls try and take Ash away from her. And she has Draoconic Satan trying to hunt her down and steal her body.

Besides, she gets far better after volume four, which is where most of her questions get answered.

When confronted with the aforementioned Satanic Dragon, Ash confronts him and all but bitchslaps him away from Eco. He also reassures her that he'll always be with her, protecting her, which erases many of her doubts. And her insecurities about her power are removed by the revelation that she becomes a mountain-sized monster dragon.
how does her views of the other girls change?
Old 2014-05-31, 13:39   Link #1196
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
how does her views of the other girls change?
It doesn't, and it'd be weird if it did. She does start getting mad at them instead of Ash, though.

Also, Navi tells her that heroes and kings have always had harems (and something about the Chevlon Emperor having 100 concubines, no wonder Oscar tries for bigamy) and she should become the legal wife without obstructing the others.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:05   Link #1197
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Except it isn't because she's a tsundere. She isn't lashing out because of shyness or embarrassment, she's doing it because she has no idea who she is, why she's so different, or even what she is. Those would mess anyone up, especially a new born child.

Combined with that is the fact that she has a grand total of one person who she can truly trust and rely on. That would be Ash, who is constantly surrounded by others who are stronger/more reliable/have bigger boobs(). She is extremely insecure and jealous of his attention just like all children are of their caretakers.

While it doesn't make it less annoying, it makes it far more bearable to me since this is literally the only legitimate excuse I have seen for her kind of behavior.
She's not honest with her feelings and she's violent. That's enough to be labelled a violent tsundere and I don't care for excuses.
Old 2014-05-31, 15:04   Link #1198
Miraluka
Banned

Excuses excuses everywhere.

I stopped caring about her since vol.1(lol) and I'm mostly indifferent to her scenes so when she gets screen time I go light speed reading mode.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:33   Link #1199
anonfr

I actually feel kinda bad for Eco.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Silvia actually bothers me a little more than Eco though. Actually, Eco doesn't bother me at all, so Silvia bothers me a lot more than Eco. But, collectively, there's not a single girl in this series that bothers me as much as say, louise. Or one of the angry girls on To Love Ru. And oh god, Claire Rouge. I don't know what it is but she bothers me so much. But, Eco isn't them, So it's pretty easy to roll with. I judge violent tsundere's as individuals.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 19:24   Link #1200
XFire
150% done

Quote:
She's not honest with her feelings and she's violent. That's enough to be labelled a violent tsundere and I don't care for excuses.
Quote:
Excuses excuses everywhere.

I stopped caring about her since vol.1(lol) and I'm mostly indifferent to her scenes so when she gets screen time I go light speed reading mode.
They aren't excuses, they are reasons. And she stops being one after volume four, as far as I can tell. Or at least reduces it to the same level as Silvia.

And how is "I want your baby" not honest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I actually feel kinda bad for Eco.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Silvia actually bothers me a little more than Eco though. Actually, Eco doesn't bother me at all, so Silvia bothers me a lot more than Eco. But, collectively, there's not a single girl in this series that bothers me as much as say, louise. Or one of the angry girls on To Love Ru. And oh god, Claire Rouge. I don't know what it is but she bothers me so much. But, Eco isn't them, So it's pretty easy to roll with. I judge violent tsundere's as individuals.
She has a choice, especially since she wasn't originally supposed to go to Ash. She was meant to go to his sister, which implies she was supposed to find someone on her own.

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy, harem, illustrator is a lolicon, romance, shounen, tentacles