AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-10-24, 06:23   Link #201
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Maybe you should reread the chapter because when Aqua said he hasn't seen her recently, the panel showed Kana was hurt by his comment.

It will be one-sided had Kana been successful because she will have no time to deal with small fry like Akane as thousands of jobs were waiting for her to take.
Maybe you should, again, reread the chapter and what I said: Kana had a dry spell in the past. Therefore, she compromised by taking whatever job she could take.

This does not mean she is happy with it, and I never made that argument. There is such a thing as something between being jobless and having your dream job.

Quote:
Nope. It was you. I was clearly talking about the past where Kana may steal a lot of roles from Akane at that time as she was a newcomer. Sure you are not going to think it won't happen?

That excuse only works for their first couple of years. They are clearly older and much bigger than when they had first met when this flashback is happening.

You said this didn't count because Akane was a newcomer.
So then what about the auditions Akane didn't succeed in when she wasn't a newcomer?

But no, apparently those don't count either, because that's diverting? You are the one calling me names.

Quote:
You spoke exactly like those adults in the Dating Arc. It doesn't help when those adults were fanning the situation further. Also, in case you weren't aware, Akane's situation is based on the real-life thing where an adult actor commits suicide due to cyberbullying. Stop handwaving it like something trivial.
In case you're not aware, job bullying also involves face to face contact, which adds several levels of harassment, such as blackmail (e.g. threatening to lose
Quote:
Maybe you should reread the part where even the crew that was responsible realized he went overboard too. It disgusted me that you treating cyberbullying as something so trivial here.
You're comparing who is suffering more and I'm the one who's trivializing the bullying?

Quote:
Plus, what Kana in the past was facing is nothing compared to Akane.
You're comparing who is suffering more and I'm the one who's trivializing the bullying?

One person being the "worse" victim does not suddenly invalidate the suffering of another person. But you're clearly so caught up boosting your own argument that maybe this doesn't matter as much to you as you think it does.

Also, in case you didn't notice, Kana brought up the topic of being harassed and suicide in chapter 28 before she ever knew Akane made an attempt and Aqua went to go rescue her.
It's heavily implied that she has been through this before.

Quote:
How about you reread my post. I never said anything about her finances. Not sure why do you keep bringing up the "money" part here as it still doesn't change the reality that she was known as a wash-up actress and one-hit-wonder that unable to score a job.
You keep parroting this idea of one person being "better off" than the other, and I keep telling you that's subjective and not the case.

Do you really think someone who nearly took her own life has it better? Is it really that clear-cut for you?

Quote:
Do you ever wonder why she doesn't have an agency or not looking for one? If she was doing soooo great, she wouldn't have to take Aqua and Ruby's offers. Clearly her so-called "fitting in" has failed her so badly that she has to take any job when you should know that person with a talent like her deserved a better.
She never had to take Aqua's offer. The entire point was that she was concerned becoming an idol would limit her job opportunities even further to idol only jobs.

And by the way, taking non-ideal jobs that you deride so much is also what Akane did when she accepted the dating show gig. I can throw this right back at you. If Akane is doing soooo great, why is a genius actor in a Theatre Troupe taking a job clearly not suited for her?

Quote:
There is a difference between job bullying and cyberbullying. You clearly have no idea that how severe cyberbullying can be. It is just a matter of time people will dig everything about her and her family info and address to share it with everyone online so they can continue breaking her in real life to the point she can't even go out.

Maybe you should reread the part where even the crew that was responsible realized he went overboard too.
You clearly again do not care as much about bullying as much as you claim to be, considering you are the one trivializing one over the other.

Are you aware that what you call "job bullying" also involves blackmailing them, either asking for sex or their silence in covering up any crimes or favors earned through nepotism, on top of already having their personal info that can be used to doxx and stalk them all the way home just like cyberbullying?

Going overboard is not the point! We know bullying is unacceptable. Being wrong was never the point of contention.

The real question is how Kana and Akane deal with stressful situations. Regardless of whether they have any power over the adults, they are getting old enough to be responsible for their own actions.
Akane was and clearly is more insecure than Kana. Attempting to kill herself, regardless of how understandable it is in her situation, only hurts herself and her own career.
And from what has been shown, that is something than Kana dealt with without Aqua's help.

Quote:
Or maybe you should stick to what we discussed instead of keeping coming up with random things to talk about aka diverting.
I have been doing this, and you have been responding. If you are going to trash talk like this everytime, then I don't feel like you're looking for a discussion at all.

Quote:
I was saying Akane is doing better than Kana in the acting career in the present. I never said anything that Akane is doing everything better without a struggle. Learn the difference. Also, how is that an excuse when the latest chapter outright showing that they will pick Kana over anyone by default? Why do you think it won't happen again with Akane when she just start her acting career at that time?
And I keep telling you success in a career is subjective depending on a variety of metrics. You are the one who keeps talking about their career.

What is in a career? If you talk about job security, neither of them have it.
Akane lost jobs whether you think it's valid or not, and she had to go on a dating show despite being a theater actress.
Meanwhile, Kana has to take jobs she doesn't like.

Are you judging their "acting career" based on... acting performance? Even by this metric, there is no clear winner. Again, even if you discount every job Kana took from her, she struggled on the dating show until the very last episode, just like Kana couldn't do anything about Sweet Today until the final episode.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 06:46   Link #202
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akane doesn't have mainstream popularity because she's restricted to theater, but pretty much every actor and producer in the series have been singing her praises. Her main problem is that unlike Kana, she's insecure.
That's not exactly true. During the dating show all that was being said about her was that she had trouble standing out.
In fact, the president of Lalalie got angry that she wasn't getting any screentime in the show.

It wasn't until the Tokyo Blade play where it's revealed that Akane is Lalalie's Star Actress, but the Producer Saida praises Kana in the same sentence and calls both of them genius actors anyway.
Old 2021-10-24, 07:51   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's not exactly true. During the dating show all that was being said about her was that she had trouble standing out.
In fact, the president of Lalalie got angry that she wasn't getting any screentime in the show.

It wasn't until the Tokyo Blade play where it's revealed that Akane is Lalalie's Star Actress, but the Producer Saida praises Kana in the same sentence and calls both of them genius actors anyway.
She wasn't standing out because this dating show wasn't her cup of tea and she didn't really know which "role" to play. She's also a rather awkward person.

And yes, Kana is a genius too, the problem is that she's stifling her own genius by lowering her level to match others. That said, after mulling it over, I'd say the perfect acting would be a middle ground between the two. Standing out without "devouring" others and instead helping them at the same time. Easier than done of course, but I think Kana can do it.
Old 2021-10-24, 08:53   Link #204
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Maybe you should, again, reread the chapter and what I said: Kana had a dry spell in the past. Therefore, she compromised by taking whatever job she could take.

This does not mean she is happy with it, and I never made that argument. There is such a thing as something between being jobless and having your dream job.
Oh I did read it well. That is exactly my point that she has been jobless for many years. It was you who think she has no issue finding jobs. It was you who think she was doing so well in those years.

Quote:
That excuse only works for their first couple of years. They are clearly older and much bigger than when they had first met when this flashback is happening.

You said this didn't count because Akane was a newcomer.
So then what about the auditions Akane didn't succeed in when she wasn't a newcomer?

But no, apparently those don't count either, because that's diverting? You are the one calling me names.
Never say it not counted. Just saying you shouldn't discount the possibility that Kana won the roles without putting a fight. Also, how is that considered diverting again?

Quote:
In case you're not aware, job bullying also involves face to face contact, which adds several levels of harassment, such as blackmail (e.g. threatening to lose

Quote:
Are you aware that what you call "job bullying" also involves blackmailing them, either asking for sex or their silence in covering up any crimes or favors earned through nepotism, on top of already having their personal info that can be used to doxx and stalk them all the way home just like cyberbullying?

Going overboard is not the point! We know bullying is unacceptable. Being wrong was never the point of contention.
And you don't aware that job bullying can be easily solved by reporting to the authority and the one who did the bullying will be held against punishment. You can't do that in cyberbullying. Akane quitting Dating Show won't save her from further harassment as the damage is already done.

Job bullying is bad but Cyberbullying is worse but somehow you used it to undermine Akane and call her mentally unstable.

Quote:
Quote:

One person being the "worse" victim does not suddenly invalidate the suffering of another person. But you're clearly so caught up boosting your own argument that maybe this doesn't matter as much to you as you think it does.

Also, in case you didn't notice, Kana brought up the topic of being harassed and suicide in chapter 28 before she ever knew Akane made an attempt and Aqua went to go rescue her.
It's heavily implied that she has been through this before.
Quote:
The real question is how Kana and Akane deal with stressful situations. Regardless of whether they have any power over the adults, they are getting old enough to be responsible for their own actions.
Akane was and clearly is more insecure than Kana. Attempting to kill herself, regardless of how understandable it is in her situation, only hurts herself and her own career.
And from what has been shown, that is something than Kana dealt with without Aqua's help.
Because you are. Cyberbullying is a serious issue and your response was like "get better mental fortitude lol and deal with it" here. You even sound like it is something to be overcome, which is not. Kana even said it differs from person to person on how to deal with it, and there was a report that stated at least 40+ cases of suicide happened in Dating Show. So how about you stop downplaying the severe issue of cyberbullying?

Also, just because Kana has better mental resilience than Akane still doesn't change the reality that she was not doing well in all these years. Nice try for diverting the issue to cyberbullying because you refused to accept that Kana wasn't doing hot in her career so you are trying to find fault on Akane so your Kana can win.

Quote:
You keep parroting this idea of one person being "better off" than the other, and I keep telling you that's subjective and not the case.

Do you really think someone who nearly took her own life has it better? Is it really that clear-cut for you?
Because career-wise, Akane is better than Kana. Also, the suicide took place before the Sweet Love arc so it doesn't change the fact that Akane is doing better than Kana. Akane is a rising star where everyone praises and sings about her while Kana got looked down on by everyone including the production team that she was working with. It is clear-cut for me.

Quote:
She never had to take Aqua's offer. The entire point was that she was concerned becoming an idol would limit her job opportunities even further to idol only jobs.
Why would she even be concerned about that if she has so many job opportunities waiting for her? In fact, she took the offer with little persuasion just showing that she was aware that she has nothing to lose here.

Quote:
And by the way, taking non-ideal jobs that you deride so much is also what Akane did when she accepted the dating show gig. I can throw this right back at you. If Akane is doing soooo great, why is a genius actor in a Theatre Troupe taking a job clearly not suited for her?
Because her boss/upper management asking her to do so? It is very common for upper management to assign the wrong people for the wrong task. They are probably taking too "literally" of her genius claim. She doesn't have much choice either in this.

Quote:
You clearly again do not care as much about bullying as much as you claim to be, considering you are the one trivializing one over the other.
Wrong. I care about cyberbullying. Unlike you who simply brushed the cyberbullying aside with "lol with mental resilience and deal with it" nonsense.

Quote:
I have been doing this, and you have been responding. If you are going to trash talk like this everytime, then I don't feel like you're looking for a discussion at all.
Are you? We are talking about Kana and Akane's career approach and you can't stop yourself from bringing irrelevant stuff like "but..but...but she was struggling at Tokyo Blade" or " She was doing well finance well" or etc that no one asked for it.

Quote:
And I keep telling you success in a career is subjective depending on a variety of metrics. You are the one who keeps talking about their career.

What is in a career? If you talk about job security, neither of them have it.
Akane lost jobs whether you think it's valid or not, and she had to go on a dating show despite being a theater actress.
Meanwhile, Kana has to take jobs she doesn't like.

Are you judging their "acting career" based on... acting performance? Even by this metric, there is no clear winner. Again, even if you discount every job Kana took from her, she struggled on the dating show until the very last episode, just like Kana couldn't do anything about Sweet Today until the final episode.
One is known as a genius actor in the present and one is known as a wash-up actress, one-hit-wonder. That was their default status when we first met them.

Akane was struggling in the Dating Show doesn't make her lesser than Kana, at least career-wise. You can see Akane starting to ace it (stands out) when she grasps the right key and element of the Dating Show to the very end. At least it proved that being "standing out" is more effective than the "fitting it" approach. Kana started her career first and gain a massive popularity advantage yet she was able to let Akane catch up just showing that Kana's "fitting in" is the wrong approach.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 10:17   Link #205
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That line was implied that she was not in the past. I don't know why do you think she was doing fine now when she playing a role in the doomed adaptation where the production team is trash-talking her behind.
The fact that she's getting work at all means that she's doing better than her dry spell period.

Quote:
And if she follows Kana's approach of "fitting in" mindset, things will be better?
Who knows? I'm just pointing out that, career wise, Akane isn't doing so hot.

Quote:
Why would she care about Akane's acting method if Kana is such a big shot again? She only care because she wasn't doing well, so every job offer is an opportunity for her, and it is not helping when Akane is competing with her for the roles many times.
This is why I said, it's Kana's personal issues at play here.

Quote:
She accepts Ruby's offer because she is at the end of the rope, at least career-wise. Also, why do you guys think that she cares about money? If she cares about money, obviously she won't accept the offer from Sweet Love for low pay. The production team called her "dirt cheap" for a good reason. She was desperately looking for recognition and career betterment and she wasn't doing it hot either.
Kana is cheaper because she doesn't have an agent, so she can work for lower fees and still make more money

Quote:
One is known as a genius actor in the present and one is known as a wash-up actress, one-hit-wonder. That was their default status when we first met them.

Akane was struggling in the Dating Show doesn't make her lesser than Kana, at least career-wise. You can see Akane starting to ace it (stands out) when she grasps the right key and element of the Dating Show to the very end. At least it proved that being "standing out" is more effective than the "fitting it" approach. Kana started her career first and gain a massive popularity advantage yet she was able to let Akane catch up just showing that Kana's "fitting in" is the wrong approach.
You're still missing the point.

Akane is a theater actress. If her career was doing really well, she wouldn't have to be in a dating show at all. She could focus purely on theater. The fact that she has to be doing this is a sign that although she might be known as a genius, her career is not doing too hot.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-25, 07:51   Link #206
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The fact that she's getting work at all means that she's doing better than her dry spell period.
By compromising a lot.

Quote:
Who knows? I'm just pointing out that, career wise, Akane isn't doing so hot.
Still better than Kana.

Quote:
This is why I said, it's Kana's personal issues at play here.
and I was pointing out that "personal issue" happens because she wasn't doing too well.

Quote:
Kana is cheaper because she doesn't have an agent, so she can work for lower fees and still make more money
As I said before, it wasn't because of money she picked the jobs. She was desperate to work to the point she willing to accept any job even the deal is one-sided and shitty.

Quote:
You're still missing the point.

Akane is a theater actress. If her career was doing really well, she wouldn't have to be in a dating show at all. She could focus purely on theater. The fact that she has to be doing this is a sign that although she might be known as a genius, her career is not doing too hot.
I did not miss any point. Also, what's wrong with the dating show? It was a huge and popular show with high viewing and following.

Her company sent her there to make money from that show because they think she can pull it off, and she did it in the end and became the main focus of the show.

The dating show even have a fashion model, dancer, and band member participating in the show, so having an actor participating doesn't seem out of place at all.

Also, I don't understand why do you think she should only focus on theater just because she is a successful theater actress when we have Kana, Aqua and others now are taking part in theater/stage play at the latest arc and they are not theater actors. Even in the Act-Age, the MC participated with Theater/Stage Play too despite that she started at TV show.

Last edited by Sixth; 2021-10-25 at 08:05.
Old 2021-10-25, 14:48   Link #207
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
By compromising a lot.
She's still doing better.

Quote:
Still better than Kana.
Nothing we've seen supports this.

Quote:
and I was pointing out that "personal issue" happens because she wasn't doing too well.
Her personal issues are simply a difference in their acting methods. She literally said that full out.

Quote:
I did not miss any point. Also, what's wrong with the dating show? It was a huge and popular show with high viewing and following.

Her company sent her there to make money from that show because they think she can pull it off, and she did it in the end and became the main focus of the show.

The dating show even have a fashion model, dancer, and band member participating in the show, so having an actor participating doesn't seem out of place at all.
Dating shows are (no offense to those who enjoy them) pretty lowbrow. Not the sort of thing that a theater actor would want to be caught doing, especially since she likely wasn't getting paid really well for it.

You do have famous theater actors who dabble in movies and such, but that's for ridiculous sums that make it worth it.

Quote:
Also, I don't understand why do you think she should only focus on theater just because she is a successful theater actress when we have Kana, Aqua and others now are taking part in theater/stage play at the latest arc and they are not theater actors. Even in the Act-Age, the MC participated with Theater/Stage Play too despite that she started at TV show.
A stage play that's an adaptation of a shounen manga. As far as theater productions go, that's lowbrow stuff, the equivalent of dating shows on TV.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 08:26   Link #208
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
She's still doing better.
She is not.

Quote:
Nothing we've seen supports this.
One continue got praised like a genius and young rising star and another one got called dirt cheap.

Quote:
Her personal issues are simply a difference in their acting methods. She literally said that full out.
As I said before, why should she care about Akane acting methods in the first place unless Akane is a "threat" to her?

Quote:
Dating shows are (no offense to those who enjoy them) pretty lowbrow. Not the sort of thing that a theater actor would want to be caught doing, especially since she likely wasn't getting paid really well for it.

You do have famous theater actors who dabble in movies and such, but that's for ridiculous sums that make it worth it.
It is not for you to judge it as her company sent her there to make money. If it is not profitable, they won't send her there. Until you can get the exact figure of her earning, I think you should stop assuming that it was low pay. I just google a bit of the Reality TV Stars' salary and some of them can easily break $50k to $100k for a few episodes. Even if the pay is low, you forgot that it was a great platform to promote the actors to mass, and it is very beneficial for the actors and their company branding in the long run. More exposure, more job opportunities, more sponsorship.

Quote:
A stage play that's an adaptation of a shounen manga. As far as theater productions go, that's lowbrow stuff, the equivalent of dating shows on TV.
That is such a narrow-minded view.
Old 2021-11-04, 18:02   Link #209
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Read the French scanlation for 61

Spoiler for 61:
Old 2021-11-05, 07:03   Link #210
Sixth
Hu Tao

The chapter is out.

The chapter feels super short, and yes, I agree with Aqua that Kana is the best when she gave 100%.

Can't wait to see how Aqua will "bait" Kana to show her 100%.
Old 2021-11-05, 09:56   Link #211
Twi

I like the fact that she puts the show first, but I hate the fact that she crushes her own self-worth down to do so. Plus, I kind of wanted to see that acting duel with both at their best. Akane is one of the best actors on stage, so she should be able to go one-on-one with her like she did that other guy, back when they were first practicing.
Old 2021-11-11, 10:18   Link #212
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to Chapter 62. Oh my goodness. They just Adlibbed an entire section of the play just so Kana could get into the spotlight. They're all such good kids~
Old 2021-11-19, 11:35   Link #213
Twi

Chapter updated. Akane went pretty much full fangirl mode when Kana finally stopped holding back. She told Aqua she was going to make him look at her and it looks like she might be able to actually do it.
Old 2021-11-19, 12:27   Link #214
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is a good chapter. Finally, we knew that Kana has a terrible childhood and family upbringing that drove her to her current state. While I would want to sympathize more with her, I can't because Akane being in fangirl mode left a greater impression in my head for now.

AKane loves Kana more than Aqua. Akane X Aqua is a sinking ship.
Old 2021-11-19, 14:56   Link #215
aldw

Quote:
It is a good chapter. Finally, we knew that Kana has a terrible childhood and family upbringing that drove her to her current state. While I would want to sympathize more with her, I can't because Akane being in fangirl mode left a greater impression in my head for now.

AKane loves Kana more than Aqua. Akane X Aqua is a sinking ship.
It's not mutually exclusive actually, a triangular relationship works just as much.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 19:34   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The advice Kana received about needing to get along with others if she wanted to last in this business was a good one, but she took it to the extreme and stifled her own talent. While it was the reason she kept getting jobs, it was probably also the reason her career started going to shit.

Akane going full fangirl at the end was hilarious.
Old 2021-11-19, 23:09   Link #217
Wandering Soul

Underneath it all, Akane really is a shameless Kana fangirl.
Old 2021-11-20, 00:03   Link #218
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The advice Kana received about needing to get along with others if she wanted to last in this business was a good one, but she took it to the extreme and stifled her own talent. While it was the reason she kept getting jobs, it was probably also the reason her career started going to shit.

Akane going full fangirl at the end was hilarious.
Not really, it sounded like her career started going to shit much earlier due to family pressure.

Kana was doing fine at first when her mother was happy and she was enjoying it herself, but when her mother started going mental and overstepping her boundaries, it turned into an obligation and her acting naturally got worse along with it.

In fact, you could go further and argue that as a child she wasn't really even acting. She genuinely was happy, but then when her family started falling apart and put pressure on her, that is when she actually started getting an attitude that made her situation even worse until she took the director's advice.
Old 2021-11-20, 02:54   Link #219
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
It's not mutually exclusive actually, a triangular relationship works just as much.
Do you think we will get a part where both girls wet themselves when Aqua shows his acting in the upcoming chapters?
Old 2021-11-20, 18:08   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Not really, it sounded like her career started going to shit much earlier due to family pressure.

Kana was doing fine at first when her mother was happy and she was enjoying it herself, but when her mother started going mental and overstepping her boundaries, it turned into an obligation and her acting naturally got worse along with it.

In fact, you could go further and argue that as a child she wasn't really even acting. She genuinely was happy, but then when her family started falling apart and put pressure on her, that is when she actually started getting an attitude that made her situation even worse until she took the director's advice.
The reason Kana's career started going to shit is a combination of that advice and her mistakenly starting to think she wasn't a genius after meeting Aqua. Her mother only started getting neurotic when Kana stopped getting major roles.

Kana was known as a genius child actress for her ability to cry, so it's plain wrong to say she wasn't acting.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy