Name:Solo Leveling/I Level Up Alone
Korean Title:나 혼자만 레벨업
Author:Jang Sun-Lak
Artist:Gee So-Lyung

Group Scanlating:https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/solo-leveling
Mangadex:https://mangadex.org/title/31477/solo-leveling
Mangaupdates:https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151349

Quote:
10 years ago, after “the Gate” that connected the real world with the monster world opened, some of the ordinary, everyday people received the power to hunt monsters within the Gate. They are known as "Hunters". However, not all Hunters are powerful. My name is Sung Jin-Woo, an E-rank Hunter. I'm someone who has to risk his life in the lowliest of dungeons, the "World's Weakest". Having no skills whatsoever to display, I barely earned the required money by fighting in low-leveled dungeons… at least until I found a hidden dungeon with the hardest difficulty within the D-rank dungeons! In the end, as I was accepting death, I suddenly received a strange power, a quest log that only I could see, a secret to leveling up that only I know about! If I trained in accordance with my quests and hunted monsters, my level would rise. Changing from the weakest Hunter to the strongest S-rank Hunter!
Considered the newest addiction on the manga reddit page, many redditors and fans fear withdrawal once the translation group's, one or even two, PER day release rate inevitably catches up with the raws. I'm willing to bet some of you who read the description will think "it's probably just the usual generic, op mc, harem action series". I admit I thought that when i first saw this series on reddit, and figured i'd try it, see what the fuss was all about. And within one school night, I unashamedly became one of the many addicts of this manhwa. At its core, Solo Leveling is your usual weak to strong story, but everything from the story, to the art, to the scene choreography is so very well done, it pulls you in, keeps you interested, in suspense and wanting for more. The clincher for me was the daily quest Jin-Woo received to become stronger.

Spoiler for Daily Quest-Getting ready to becoming more powerful:

Last edited by coded321; 2019-07-07 at 19:53.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 02:53   Link #2
zztop

Solo Leveling is based on a (I think) completed webnovel of the same name.
https://ridibooks.com/v2/Detail?id=777034313

Unlike Narou or Kakuyomu, the WN is Not fully free-to-read.
Chps 1-22 are free, but the remaining chapters up to the final Chp 270 are behind a paywall.

The WN page won't let you highlight the text, so no hope for MTL.

Apparently a translation will be hosted on Webnovel.com; the translator's stocking up on chapters ATM.
https://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...g.76776/page-3
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 03:19   Link #3
coded321
He Who Games

^i forgot to mention this in my original post. i knew about this manhwa being based on a WN but this is the first time i heard that someone was going to translate it. Good to here.
Old 2018-12-18, 02:57   Link #4
coded321
He Who Games

early christmas gift from meriaki scans. within one day they translated and released 6 chapters in one day. sadly though, they've also caught up with the raws.
also new waifu introduced.
Old 2019-01-23, 15:53   Link #5
AnimeFangirl

I thought there would be more discussion about this manhwa out there. It's a cliched power fantasy in a lot of ways, but it's so much fun to read! I'm so sad they caught up to the raws, but at least it makes my Wednesdays more exciting!
Old 2019-01-23, 17:57   Link #6
bakato

The art is beautiful, particularly the shadow designs. I've read a few reviews of the ln and they're not great. My main gripe with the story so far is that I doubt we'll ever get a decent explanation for his awakening.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:16   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Aizen gave up on Japan and moved to Korea...
Old 2019-04-10, 16:50   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

And we finally get to meet Jin woo's future waifu. Though whether the fans will like a woman who holds her nose everywhere or not is a different question.
Old 2019-04-10, 17:20   Link #9
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The art is beautiful, particularly the shadow designs. I've read a few reviews of the ln and they're not great. My main gripe with the story so far is that I doubt we'll ever get a decent explanation for his awakening.
it is explained further in the novel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
And we finally get to meet Jin woo's future waifu. Though whether the fans will like a woman who holds her nose everywhere or not is a different question.
it will be explained why she does this, and why this leads her to become interested in the mc.
Old 2019-04-11, 08:38   Link #10
Windsgrace

Ara who is the waifu? It can't be his little sisters friend who is a minor...perhaps the vice captain of the Hunters guild? Also that guy that reported Jim-Woo (to that architect guy) sure has guts. If he Jin-Woo ever finds out he is a dead man for sure.

Side note: Glad this series finally got a thread. :3
Old 2019-05-24, 17:38   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

The endings of the past two chapters have been so cool. But is it just me or does every chapter seem to pass by in a flash. Wait a whole week, scroll, scroll, scroll, OH! It's over already. I follow a lot of series, but Solo Leveling inspires the most MOAAAARRRRR cries from me.
Old 2019-05-24, 19:53   Link #12
coded321
He Who Games

^this is essentially how the entire fanbase of SL addicts feels every week, one minute of a SL induced high, and then a week of withdrawal symptoms. It's been like this ever since the translations caught up with the raws
Old 2019-05-25, 06:28   Link #13
AnimeFangirl

I'm waiting eagerly for the web novels to be fully translated so I can binge-read them and get over this addiction once and for all.
Old 2019-05-25, 07:35   Link #14
Windsgrace

Ara I didn't know there was a web novel version. Then again the manga version is so visually stunning. I also know each week even before I read the chapter that it wouldn't satisfy my craving. It always ends on a cliff hanger or a "things are about to go down" Moar!
Old 2019-05-26, 14:04   Link #15
AnimeFangirl

I'll still enjoy it every week after reading the web novel. There's no way the written text can compare to splash pages like that giant hall filled with thousands of ogres. No way.
Old 2019-05-29, 15:19   Link #16
AnimeFangirl

Latest chapter.
Spoiler for chapter 73:
Old 2019-05-30, 12:18   Link #17
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Found this by chance and before I knew it I had caught up to the latest release ...

Spoiler for ch73:
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 09:15   Link #18
grecefar

I haven't read the WN or anything but you can find spoilers everywere, it seems what the orc was going to say is

Spoiler for :
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-03, 00:11   Link #19
coded321
He Who Games

Spoiler for quote from the wn, when kargalam sees jinwoo use his power:
Old 2019-06-05, 16:38   Link #20
grecefar

kuma-chan and tank-kun now are bff.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote