AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 15:01   Link #1001
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...she did say she only care about yoshino and mahiro and dont care about other so much? since other either avoiding her or scared of her and she would do anything to keep them save...she is like hakaze in that aspect so i guess even if she become a villain it is not a surprise
This is right.

Aika killed her parents. So they would not prevent Mahiro begin his search for the murderer.

Aika is only interested in the welfare of Yoshino and Mahiro, then she does not care about morality.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-09 at 17:56.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 17:28   Link #1002
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
That logic doesn't make sense, because Aika having met Hakaze and knowing the future means they can plan around it, etc. There would be no casualty because they know what to do, they know the future.

The only issue is the anime wasn't set up in the beginning such that it would allow for time travel it seems, unless we're talking about alternate universes similar to that of Steins Gate, and not the supposed time traveling from Zetsuen.
I'll just say go read the manga. You question will be answered there.
This is not the first time anime cut the dialogue to save time.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:35   Link #1003
whitecloud

im just thinking...that the time in zetsuen work like steins;gate, with multi timeline theory, the reason like if the event perceived the same then the end result will not change (hakaze mention they might be able to switch body), the past will not change whatever you do (even if hakaze try to interfere by giving info, etc event will play just the same),

there is an event that cannot happen in "original" time line such as the letter from aika which unless she got info from hakaze cannot be created.

i wonder if thing would happen just like in the first and last episode of steins;gate? the world logic already warped anyway..
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:39   Link #1004
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I also forgot about the parents, wow if Aika really did kill them. Was that really necessary?
That is Aika...she cares about Yoshino and Mahiro first and foremost. Beyond even herself let alone anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Why does Aika have to kill herself? Why not use powers of the tree of Exodus to destroy the tree of Genesis by herself? She can easily defeat Hakaze even.

If Aika's not dead, the boys won't have to go through all the pains, and with her powers she can protect them from any harm.

I think Aika needs this drama to motivate Hakaze to fight the tree of Genesis.

I suspect that only the princess of Genesis can destroy the tree of Genesis. Neither the tree of Exodus nor its mage can destroy the tree of Genesis

And if that's the case, I believe Aika has things up her sleeve than simply sacrifice herself like this.
Because the Genesis Tree can only be destroyed by the process that they are following now a a result of Aika's sacrifice

Quote:
Actually that's not true. Aika said her mission as the Mage of Zetsuen(Thats what she referred to herself in the manga) is to defeat the tree of beginnings which is the Genesis tree. The Exodus tree was made in anticipation of the Genesis's tree's destruction. So by this logic only Hanemura can now defeat it, is just that when Hakaze went against the Genesis Tree's logic or whatever it's an advantage.
More like necessity than advantage

And hell yes...Aika is easily the best character in the entire story. Those two are seriously lucky to have her

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-03-09 at 23:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:31   Link #1005
TimeSkip

I still don't believe that Aika is dead. She had been quoting Tempest to Mahiro and Yoshino since the beginning of the show, and because of those quotes Yoshino sided with Hakaze in the most crucial time.

And since Aika was the mage of Exodus, it's too much of a coincidence.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:02   Link #1006
ginger02

Aika's death ended like how I originally hunched it would, albeit in different circumstances slightly.

I'm more interested in Hanemura now.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 00:26   Link #1007
GundamZZ
残念美人

So, both Aika and Hakaze uses same technology, a tree planted by alien civilization from gazillion years ago. If Hakaze gets stronger, Aika also gets stronger. Hakaze still has higher winning chance due to her martial art training(should). She's raised for magic fighting. The tree's logic doesn't protect her. The plot says Aika is the backdoor of the clan's protective power. Moreover, the tree is alien's death trap. It sounds too overboard. Somehow, the turning point sounds too childish. It makes all the emotion of last season as waste.

ps. All pretty girls go after Yoshino, even he only act as an average nice guys. Nice guys get all girls when it's in anime. It's still nice to see Aika and Hakaze's dere dere side.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 08:04   Link #1008
Tiranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So, both Aika and Hakaze uses same technology, a tree planted by alien civilization from gazillion years ago. If Hakaze gets stronger, Aika also gets stronger. Hakaze still has higher winning chance due to her martial art training(should). She's raised for magic fighting. The tree's logic doesn't protect her. The plot says Aika is the backdoor of the clan's protective power. Moreover, the tree is alien's death trap. It sounds too overboard. Somehow, the turning point sounds too childish. It makes all the emotion of last season as waste.

ps. All pretty girls go after Yoshino, even he only act as an average nice guys. Nice guys get all girls when it's in anime. It's still nice to see Aika and Hakaze's dere dere side.
I'm also a little disappointed that the rather ridiculous Alien theory actually seems more and more likely to be true.
But just to make sure I got all the infos right (anyone who knows better please point out any mistakes): The two trees are actually part of the same mechanism/god that is activated/awakened once humanity reaches a certain technological level. Humanity is then presented with a choice: Accept the tyranny of the ToG, that takes away their freedom but also provides order and pretty much guaranteed peace for eternity, or fight it by harnessing the power of the ToE. However, in reality this is all a test. Supporting the ToG is apparently the wrong choice and failure to eliminate it results in a reset of civilisation. This cycle will repeat until humanity decides to reject and defeat the ToG, thereby proving it is worthy of progressing further (what other purpose would there be for such an elaborate trap/test?).
Of course most of this information is provided by Aika and Evangeline and I still don't really trust either of them.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2013-03-13 at 08:17.
Tiranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:10   Link #1009
ookamigirl

Episode dedicated to Aika.
Hakaze made it safely back, but things are not looking good.
Well, at least those two now know the truth..
Hanemura's reaction to Mahiro & Yoshino's reaction about Aika's death was surprising.
Flashbacks to the past were nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:43   Link #1010
Shadow5YA

Quote:
This is false. First, you mention Hakaze's training but fail to mention that Aika has experience as well. Aika has already said she has had her power since she was 10. Second, as Aika mentioned she is free to use her magic whenever she pleases while Hakaze's magic is dependant on making offerings.

Your perception is skewed in Hakaze's favor just because she has had more screentime than Aika.

Quote:
I don't think a "nice guy" plots with the military behind the back of his best friend or has the guts to insult his best friend's sister in front of him.

Like Mahiro or hell, everyone said, Yoshino can be cruel and cunning.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:45   Link #1011
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Looks like they're setting us up for something big with Mahiro and Yoshino again so i really hope to God it's not another anti-climax. This story has certainly shown it can do major confrontations amazing well in the previous cour so hopefully we're in for something huge. But it has a huge act to follow on from. I liked the Aika flashback meeting.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:54   Link #1012
Bern-san

So this is what they meant when they said that the anime is going to change some things for the last 3 episodes...
Mari Okada you made me mad about what you did to the flashback with Yoshino and Aika, try not to screw more things

I have to praise Yuki Kaji for his acting in the episode, not only in this anime but in general I'm liking his last performances. I'm glad that at least this part wasn't changed.
The flashback looks weird, maybe because they look young?
Old 2013-03-14, 16:58   Link #1013
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
So this is what they meant when they said that the anime is going to change some things for the last 3 episodes...
Mari Okada you made me mad about what you did to the flashback with Yoshino and Aika, try not to screw more things

I have to praise Yuki Kaji for his acting in the episode, not only in this anime but in general I'm liking his last performances. I'm glad that at least this part wasn't changed.
Well, I still hope to see some scenes of the meeting between Yoshino and Aika (Aika behaving moe).

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-14 at 17:12.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 17:52   Link #1014
TheFallenxLullaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Well in that scene Yoshino and Mahiro is sill suppose to be in middle school xD

I suppose the Aika scene may be shown next week considering we saw an exaggerated pool scene with Hakaze next Ep in the preview.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:14   Link #1015
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Just like Aika said they were pretty much fine with it. Lol didn't expect Hanemura to have an outburst at that. So the final battle starts next week.
Old 2013-03-14, 21:42   Link #1016
Entravity

Hanemura finally mans up somewhat. Will be nice to see what Yoshino and Mahiro do next episode.
Old 2013-03-14, 22:56   Link #1017
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

While I do think we're past the big twists now, and going into the end-game resolution with everything laid out on the table, I really do hope they surprise us and throw another big twist our way.

Aika's interaction with Hakaze the previous episode being just an elaborate act would be a real nice surprise, and when Aika has expertly manipulated everyone into doing what she wanted, having Yoshino open that note to see her rub his face in it, would make me lol.

To be clear, I don't think that's what's going to happen, but I can dream.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 23:12   Link #1018
Shadow5YA

Even though Aika had that nice "with them I could turn any tragedy into a comedy" line, this Okada/BONES original flashback makes no sense.

It was established that Mahiro had no clue that Yoshino was dating Aika and thought they didn't get along. In the flashback, Mahiro essentially introduced the two and hooked them up by telling Aika that Yoshino is the guy she can rely on.

Figures Okada couldn't leave things as they are...
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 23:15   Link #1019
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entravity View Post
Hanemura finally mans up somewhat. Will be nice to see what Yoshino and Mahiro do next episode.
I just wish he could have manned up without nearly killing Yoshino . Really without the healing power from Hakaze he might have died from internal injuries.
Old 2013-03-14, 23:19   Link #1020
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hanemura finally showing some backbone.

So if it's all in his hands and his hands alone, and the plan has already been thought up by Mahiro, what role does Mahiro/Yoshino now fulfill? That is what I'm intrigued about the most right now, is how they'd stay relevant to the plot now that the murderer has been revealed and the fate of the world is out of their hands.

And more Aika flashbacks are always welcome. Can't seem to get enough of that girl, which is saying something considering I generally dislike flashbacks.

I mean, we've already covered flashbacks of the three's first meeting, the scene where they touched on Mahiro's feelings, a semi-date between Yoshino/Aika, their first kiss, and most recently how her death came about. You know what we're missing? A flashback on how Yoshino and Aika started dating in the first place, and I sure hope they get to it somehow... though at 2 episodes remaining, it's very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenxLullaby View Post
Well in that scene Yoshino and Mahiro is sill suppose to be in middle school xD
Just wondering, was it mentioned in the manga if Aika was in middle school as well at that time? Or even her age at the time of the flashback? Because she hasn't developed much since then...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen