AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-31, 06:45   Link #401
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
...Also, Miki in her underwear was pure SEX
Let's not forget that long stockings with garter-belt!

Now for Ep. 4, seems that Miki's friend won't come back but you know what, she and Kei Shidou should stay at the school rooftop instead of going to a mall.

Meanwhile, I bet that Kurumi's driving skill came from playing Gran Turismo or something...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 06:59   Link #402
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
assuming the gas stations weren't the cause of the explosions during the outbreak..
and dunno if kurumi is also able to make a car start with no keys, maybe she is
Not all the cars are usable but there's always some, that can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Actually they can't.
It was established early on that they only have electricity because their school has solar panels on its roof.

And while getting fuel from a gas station without working pumps is still possible, its nothing that would be advisable while being surrounded by a horde of zeds.
You are implying now that gas exists only in gas station pumps. There's always spare fuel cans. Not to mention that they could just take the fuel leftovers from another abandoned car (it's not as hard as you think).

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 07:28   Link #403
Liddo-kun
a small cat

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Now on episode 4... liking this series so far.

Yuki running off in the dark library nearly had bad consequences.. she better not keep doing those things. ><

Also, I wonder.. can the zombies in this anime still have eyesight. At episode 2, it looks like the zombie at the library is using it eyesight to look for people. I was scared at that episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 07:34   Link #404
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Now on episode 4... liking this series so far.

Yuki running off in the dark library nearly had bad consequences.. she better not keep doing those things. ><

Also, I wonder.. can the zombies in this anime still have eyesight. At episode 2, it looks like the zombie at the library is using it eyesight to look for people. I was scared at that episode.
It sure looks like they do ... but it also seems like they are ... well ... dumb ... remember also in ep 2 where Yuri (I think it was Yuri) mentioned not to switch on the lights of a room if it had windows because the zombies would be drawn to it?

And also remember where in the same ep Kurumi threw something on the floor to distract the zombie behind the barricade before killing it.

So yes ... it seems they can see and perhaps even hear. But the level of intelligence seems very, very low.

And they also move pretty slowly - this past ep had Kurumi running and weaving in and out amongst them all pretty effectively.

if they were to surround and gang up/dogpile someone though, they would prolly be in trouble....
Old 2015-07-31, 07:44   Link #405
Liddo-kun
a small cat

@Flower

I guess those things you pointed out do confirm it. Those zombies can see. Which for me, makes them scarier.. in another anime (won't mention it to avoid spoiling), the zombies are physically strong but they can't see, so they are easy enough to avoid by simply standing still and being silent. Zombies in this anime, the characters need to actually hide somewhere. And the music / sound effects complement the horror mood.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
Old 2015-07-31, 07:48   Link #406
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
@Flower

I guess those things you pointed out do confirm it. Those zombies can see. Which makes them scarier.. in another anime (won't mention it to avoid spoiling), the zombies are physically strong but they can't see, so they are easy enough to avoid by simply standing still and being silent. Zombies in this anime, the characters need to actually hide somewhere. And the music / sound effects complement the horror mood.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
Remember in ep 2 in the library though? Yuki crouched down on the floor, remained still and silent. And was praised for that by the others as a good decision.

So it could be that even though they do see they don't see too well and/or they don't really process much of what they see.
Old 2015-07-31, 07:55   Link #407
Liddo-kun
a small cat

I guess you're right about the zaombie not thinking much of what they saw. Watching ep 2 again, the zombie seems to have seen Yuki's foot when she went to hide. The zombie went there but did not look down, or investigate the area too much.

At daylight, their eyesight seems to be much more precise - they attempt to swarm at Kurumi right away.

Really excited to see next week. ><
Old 2015-07-31, 08:44   Link #408
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I guess you're right about the zaombie not thinking much of what they saw. Watching ep 2 again, the zombie seems to have seen Yuki's foot when she went to hide. The zombie went there but did not look down, or investigate the area too much.

At daylight, their eyesight seems to be much more precise - they attempt to swarm at Kurumi right away.

Really excited to see next week. ><
They may have poor eyesight, hence they're attracted to bright light, which may be more visible. I think they're more like animals and can hear best. They swarmed at Kurumi because she made a loud sound when she jumped down onto the ground.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 16:13   Link #409
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Kurumi is just awesome but its all about Miki and that ending song fit so well

Dont know what they just didnt dive to somewhere much safer
Where is "safe" though? They hardly know anything outside the school and safety was so close, they likely would have seen something from the rooftop long before. They have the upper floors of the school to themselves, with facilities and power, and a view point from the roof, why leave that behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
Episode 4 ........ Let's wait and see. I have faith in the studio. They have been doing a pretty great job so far. So I'll wait and see how they gonna the tie all stories together.

Spoiler for Manga comparison:
There was pretty recent place in the manga that may have had a sorta similar situation but wasn't developed at all despite having a very important story point happen from it. I wonder if they are going to extend on that instead.

I also think they opted out of the previous mall story to better show how close miki and kei were and show more of taroumaro (who also has a different story this time)
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 18:06   Link #410
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I was pretty certain that the teacher was dead. I like how she "teleported" inside that car.

Dead 100% confirmed. The plot twist would be that she is actually alive...
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 18:24   Link #411
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I was pretty certain that the teacher was dead. I like how she "teleported" inside that car.

at this point there shouldn't be a twist but only a reveal, on how she died, and what is left of her into the teachers room or that other room with many archives
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 19:32   Link #412
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post

At this point we should probably be wondering what happened to her exactly rather than whether she is alive or not.
Old 2015-07-31, 19:49   Link #413
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
At this point we should probably be wondering what happened to her exactly rather than whether she is alive or not.
I know that she's dead. I suspect that a lot of people feel the same way. I was merely pointing out that figuring out that she was alive would be the plot twist :P

I'm also intrigued to find out how she died.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 19:51   Link #414
ices
Working Hard

When they low in supply and need to restock it from school store, Yuki (or Megu-nee?) sugesting them to held a courage test, and thus visiting the school store in the way.
When they don't have enough electricity, Yuki giving them the idea about camping up in the school. Making them enjoy their no-electricity situation.
Yuki also initiatively bring up the idea of going for a field trip/outing. Giving them a chance to grab some stuff that isn't available for them in the school store.
Adding to that, we also see the opposite here in Kei-Miki group. When Kei suggesting to go outside, Mii-kun hesitates and seems to not liking that idea. But in the Yuki-Kurumi-Rii sides, Kurumi and Rii really not againts Yuki's idea of going outside even though they also has their worry.
What can we conclude here? Is Yuki really the same person who lose her sanity here? Why this stranger-at-first trio, Yuki-Kurumi-Rii, seems more friendly than the best-friend duo, Kei-Miki?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 19:54   Link #415
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Not all the cars are usable but there's always some, that can be.

You are implying now that gas exists only in gas station pumps. There's always spare fuel cans. Not to mention that they could just take the fuel leftovers from another abandoned car (it's not as hard as you think).
Fuel cans are rather rare nowadays since there are gas stations around every corner.
The next problem with this is that you can't fill every fuel into every car.

As for taking leftover fuel its the same problem as with a gas station without electricity. You need to manually pump it up, where you'd not only risk poisoning but are also vulnerable to the zeds.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 20:07   Link #416
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
When they low in supply and need to restock it from school store, Yuki (or Megu-nee?) sugesting them to held a courage test, and thus visiting the school store in the way.
When they don't have enough electricity, Yuki giving them the idea about camping up in the school. Making them enjoy their no-electricity situation.
Yuki also initiatively bring up the idea of going for a field trip/outing. Giving them a chance to grab some stuff that isn't available for them in the school store.
Adding to that, we also see the opposite here in Kei-Miki group. When Kei suggesting to go outside, Mii-kun hesitates and seems to not liking that idea. But in the Yuki-Kurumi-Rii sides, Kurumi and Rii really not againts Yuki's idea of going outside even though they also has their worry.
What can we conclude here? Is Yuki really the same person who lose her sanity here? Why this stranger-at-first trio, Yuki-Kurumi-Rii, seems more friendly than the best-friend duo, Kei-Miki?
The School Live Club has Kurumi. It's mostly because of her that moving through the school and getting out is possible. Without her, they wouldn't take as many risks as they do. They're also better prepared overall. They even have a car.

Miki and Kei didn't have anything, and neither could fight. It's easy to understand why Miki wasn't so thrilled with the idea of getting out.
Old 2015-07-31, 20:27   Link #417
Shadow5YA

Was this an original song or a cover?

It sounds like an old classic from the 80s, but I'm not too familiar with many songs.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 23:58   Link #418
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The School Live Club has Kurumi. It's mostly because of her that moving through the school and getting out is possible. Without her, they wouldn't take as many risks as they do. They're also better prepared overall. They even have a car.

Miki and Kei didn't have anything, and neither could fight. It's easy to understand why Miki wasn't so thrilled with the idea of getting out.
Well, that's right. But should they endanger Kurumi for clearing the front line just for satisfying Yuki's "random" demand? (I said "random" since we didn't really know Yuki's true motive). Kurumi is their current defender and losing her could mean bad thing for the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Was this an original song or a cover?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It sounds like an old classic from the 80s, but I'm not too familiar with many songs.
I think it's an original song. I've posted the song writer's name in my earlier post.

Last edited by ices; 2015-08-01 at 00:39.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 00:22   Link #419
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Well, that's right. But should they endanger Kurumi for clearing the front line just for satisfying Yuki's "random" demand? (I said "random" since whe didn't really know Yuki's true motive). Kurumi is their current defender and losing her could mean bad thing for the group.
It wasn't just to satisfy Yuki's demands. They supposedly needed supplies. Although, since the anime reversed the order of events, this doesn't make much sense.
Spoiler for slight manga comparison:

Even then, Kurumi is Kurumi. No one really asked her to risk her neck for the team. She does it because she wants to (and because she's apparently the only one who can). That's made clear in episode 2. Rii told her she didn't have to kill zombies on the other side of the barricades, remember? But Kurumi still went out of her way to kill one of them.

I'm not saying she likes to kill zombies. She clearly doesn't, that's also made clear in episode 2. But she does seem to like taking risks and being in the middle of the action.
Old 2015-08-01, 01:28   Link #420
Takeshi senpai

I wonder how she is so strong in the first place? I know she is dealing with zombies here, but she seems too good at this.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse