AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-14, 09:07   Link #601
White Manju Bun
Born to make history
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Because they're used to it now. They were most likely very concerned when Yuki first started to develop this condition.
Makes me wonder if they started the club before or after Yuki snapped. Like was this done to help her with her delusion or did Yuki just start one day acting like it was school again and they played along from there. Rii admits they made the club to kinda save them from going crazy.

To me the fact that they play along in the first place show they care a lot for Yuki but they can't know how to actually help someone in her case aside from what theyre doing already. It's not that they dont care about her condition but like it's been said theyre high school students. Yuki's state actually helps Rii and Kurumi have a somewhat normal life at the moment.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 09:18   Link #602
Silverwyrm

Quote:
^ We'll have to agree to disagree then. Her explanation for not trying to "cure" Yuki seems perfectly reasonable, and I don't think we know Yuuri well enough as a character to claim it's just an excuse.

Ultimately, they can't help Yuki. They can only protect her until Yuki is ready to snap out of it on her own.

Because they're used to it now. They were most likely very concerned when Yuki first started to develop this condition.
yea the whole yuki thing started well before the show/manga started
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 09:19   Link #603
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Makes me wonder if they started the club before or after Yuki snapped. Like was this done to help her with her delusion or did Yuki just start one day acting like it was school again and they played along from there. Rii admits they made the club to kinda save them from going crazy.
She also said Megu-nee came up with the idea, so I don't think Yuki was delusional at that point. I think it was probably Megu-nee's death what started her delusions. I could be wrong though.
Old 2015-08-14, 09:30   Link #604
White Manju Bun
Born to make history
*Author

Quote:
She also said Megu-nee came up with the idea, so I don't think Yuki was delusional at that point. I think it was probably Megu-nee's death what started her delusions. I could be wrong though.
Ah I forgot that. So Megu nee is trying to find a way to help her students who are terrified and on the verge of crazy so she forms the club as a way of helping them all cope with it. Then she dies, Yuki is traumatized enough by it that her brain deletes the entire zombie incident from happening and continues to believe the school club is real. Rii and Kurumi probably do try to talk her out of it/help but in the end realize she's too far gone for anything they can do so they play along since it helps them as well to cope.

Got it
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2015-08-14, 17:49   Link #605
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
And to add to that, we had the ED with Megu-nee's presence in previous episodes "erased"...

...and in the preview part after the ED, Yuki is talking to the non-existent Megu-nee.

Now, everyone should enjoy this ride!
Yeah, that one really hit in the feels, like a ninja arm cutting onions on your desk.

I am sure though that from now on we will see less and less of Yuki's Megu-nee in future episodes. Like the past 6 episodes where all done from Yuki's perspective with us seeing reality face to face to it (like only 3 shadows with 4 people walking) and from now on we do see ONLY reality which is Yuki talking to thin air and giving stuff to somebody who can't hold them thus them falling to the ground. Basically we get to see what Rii, Kurumi and Miki see everyday and not what Yuki sees everyday which is Megu-nee always being there when needed.
At least that is how I interpretated the ED and preview of next episode with Megu-nee vanishing and no longer replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Wow wow wow...seriously wow.

How did we not realize the tie on the cross was her hair tie.

I honestly cant believe Miki made it that long before asking Yuki about Megu-nee

So good...SO GOOD.

Definitely looking forward to next weeks OP to how Megu-nee is portrayed.
Really, we didn't? I am so used to other forums where somebody pointed that part out weeks ago that I thought somebody has done the same here already. xD

Yeah, I bet Miki was still a bit dizzy after the mall incident given that she thought even for a second everything might have been just a nightmare.^^

I think we will still see Megu-nee smiling, it would be a bit weird if she just disappears there. Maybe she does faint away? However given we had the classmates - Kei - Taromarou - Megu-nee order and so far got classmates and then Kei done, you'd think that something would happen to the Taroumarou scene first before the Megu-nee part.
If we still see Megu-nee smiling next OP then we can be sure that this is not the "real Megu-nee" but the one Yuki imagines meaning she will stay smiling in the OP for as long as Yuki believes her to be alive and well. Probably. Maybe they do change it next Op after all and I was wrong with my assuption. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm hooked on this series. I know the manga is ongoing but I hope they'll end this properly.
There is a point in the manga where the anime can perfectly end the season and I really hope they manage to get the ending done right. Given the chapters after said chapter I wished for a 2nd season but that is most likely impossible to hope for.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotsuMaboroshi View Post
Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but there are some things I think weren't handled well by the anime with Miki (and I can actually state them now that the anime has moved past them).

Spoiler for manga comparisons with the anime, especially regarding Miki:
Hm, I don't quite agree with your points although I understand your reasoning as I have read the manga as well:

Spoiler for my arguments regarding Miki in the anime compared to the manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler for ED:
Can't stop them feels! This emptiness when cheerfulness, kindness and happiness fades into nothing and you realize everything was just a day dream of a young girl with so much despair she couldn't handle reality anymore... ;A;

About the Rii vs Miki discussion; I think Rii is fine with the status quo and might even prefer it to stay that way. I feel so due the way her stance changed when Miki asked to have a word with her in the bathroom. For me she seemed to change from relaxed to "ready to attack/oppose/argue" in a matter of seconds like she thought or expected Miki to argue again about how they should treat Yuki's delusions. Same in the garden, Rii clearly did not liked the option Miki thought would be best for Yuki, to get her out of her delusions or how she called it "helping her".
Which is interesting as Rii has the same stance with a little extra "we help her by remaining in her ideal way and thus help us as well at the same time". Rii believes it is the best for everyone if things remain as they are while Miki believes that they have to help Yuki face reality to "really help" Yuki.

I also find Kurumi interesting in that aspect. We saw Miki and Rii having a shor discussion regarding Yuki in the clubroom and Kurumi seemed bothered by both Miki and Rii's reasoning. Same as on the rooftop where she tried to keep things calm between the two of them.
I think Kurumi is sitting between the chairs right now. She knows the best how dangerous this new world is and so she wants Yuki to be able to save herself if she is in danger and Kurumi is not around to keep her safe. Yet at the same time she also feels so much "alive" when Yuki is her cheerful and kind of silly self, not bothered by the cruel reality around them, by dwindling ressources, zombies coming and going, the feeling of uneasiness and lost as you know your familiy and friends are out there and are most likely dead or even worse walking amongst the dead.

Even though Miki has agreed to keep the ways the group has woking for now, episode 2 aka the present shows that Miki has kept most of her stance regarding Yuki as did Rii. It could very well be that Kurumi might become the deceiding factor how to finally treat Yuki. So far she stays in the Rii faction, although it is clear that she feels troubled with Yuki being so careless with Zombies around, like for example running into a mob of zombies in the mall. It might be that Miki and Kurumi together could change Rii's mind.

Although for that something has to happen so that Kurumi realizes she can't protect the girls all the time and that at some point Yuki has to be able to protect herself. And hiding won't always work out just because "Megu-nee" says so.

Spoiler for With great shovel comes great wisdom xD:

The moe shovel warrior princess sure knows what she's talking about. I like that she got a deeper side to her than just being the zombie slayer and group guardian, she makes her own thoughts regarding their situation and how to best handle it. <3
Old 2015-08-14, 18:01   Link #606
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Dang, that ED sequencing...so sad! I'm afraid to see what the changes for the OP will be like.

But we still don't quite know what happened that led up to the event of Megu-nee's death. How did they end up being trapped where they were? I'm guessing we'll never know.

Yuki's picture book...why do I get a bad feeling with it, like that last scene in the OP with only her hat left on that picture book.

So in the OP death sequence...we only have Tarumarou left... His role was greatly changed from the manga, so whatever will be his fate is up in the air.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2015-08-14 at 19:53.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 18:03   Link #607
White Manju Bun
Born to make history
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye
Really, we didn't? I am so used to other forums where somebody pointed that part out weeks ago that I thought somebody has done the same here already. xD
There was speculation that it was her grave, everyone thought it had been Sempai's but I dont recall anyone pointing out the hair tie.

@Sage, I'm guessing we'll find out later on since I'm pretty sure thats what caused Yuki's current state.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2015-08-15, 03:21   Link #608
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 6:
Damn, that reveal regarding Megumi Sakura is so shocking! Still, I wonder when will Yuki's delusions will end as Megu-nee is already dead?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 08:46   Link #609
Boukenxha

I did point out that the grave could be for Megu-nee because of the cross pendent she was wearing. Christianity is not a widely practiced religion in Japan, naturally the cross being erected for someone hinted to be a Christian is much higher. I didn't took much notice of the white ribbon though, honestly.

And speaking of Taroumaru, that scene of him growling and baring teeth was a little unsettling and could I say out of character? Don't know if there is any meaning to that, but dude always been a sweet little puppy less the times he would give Miki the cold shoulder with that hilarious "hmph" attitude, and even that was mild and at most seem like a gentle protest.

Between this, Kurumi's death flag, not knowing if zombie Megu-nee is still out there roaming and with no special force rescue operation in sight... like I said, I'm preparing for the worst when all hell break loose...
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 07:10   Link #610
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

They cut out the Rii and Mii-kun confrontation D:

But yeah this is what actually happened in that roof top scene (the anime only changed the location and hide Rii's face):

Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but NSFW language:
Old 2015-08-16, 09:00   Link #611
Biohazardous

NOOOO Megu-nee.
Old 2015-08-17, 09:28   Link #612
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well, I think most people figured Megu wasn't real already. Still sad to have it spelled out.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2015-08-17, 10:32   Link #613
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Well, I think most people figured Megu wasn't real already. Still sad to have it spelled out.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Why do you put it in spoiler if it's just speculation?

Well I guess the nicest one in situation like these also possibly the most broken one. But she hasn't yet showed any sign of trauma or any sort. So certainly if there is, it won't relate to school (or she has been hiding it really well).

Capable girls tended to turn out to have a broken home (anime cliche). Maybe she has abusive parents or something (could explain her desire to take care of Yuki)
Old 2015-08-17, 11:51   Link #614
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why do you put it in spoiler if it's just speculation?

Well I guess the nicest one in situation like these also possibly the most broken one. But she hasn't yet showed any sign of trauma or any sort. So certainly if there is, it won't relate to school (or she has been hiding it really well).

Capable girls tended to turn out to have a broken home (anime cliche). Maybe she has abusive parents or something (could explain her desire to take care of Yuki)
Because some people don't really like to read speculation so it's polite, I think. But if you think it's not needed:

I just find her behaviour with regards to Yuki odd. She seemed very ok with the status quo- maybe a bit too ok. The way she reacted on the roof when Miki hoped Yuki gets better soon was.. weird (it's her expression and body language). By the looks of it, she isn't particularly interested in Yuki getting better, but she enjoys the things as they are and possibly even wants them to continue. What Miki said is a really normal thing to say in such a situation. Since it's such a perfectly normal thing to say, if you didn't have an underlying interest, you'd just explain why you're proceeding as you are. Normally you'd probably say something like "Yes, hopefully she'll get better eventually, but we can't diagnose her properly or treat her, since we're not psychologists, so we're not forcing the issue and living with it for now. Here's what we're doing to cope: [...]. She also helps to lift our spirits, so it's ok as it is for now. You'll understand how things work around here in time". There's no real need to be aggressive about it. Miki didn't say anything wrong or offensive at all, she was understandably puzzled and asked questions.
Yuri reacts aggressively to any discussion of the topic (and even the possibility of it). That's giving me the feeling that she may be the most likely to snap or perhaps she's already has, we just don't know yet. But yeah, it's mostly just a hunch right now. Could be nothing and just an irrational reaction.
Old 2015-08-17, 12:14   Link #615
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Because some people don't really like to read speculation so it's polite, I think. But if you think it's not needed:

I just find her behaviour with regards to Yuki odd. She seemed very ok with the status quo- maybe a bit too ok. The way she reacted on the roof when Miki hoped Yuki gets better soon was.. weird (it's her expression and body language). By the looks of it, she isn't particularly interested in Yuki getting better, but she enjoys the things as they are and possibly even wants them to continue. What Miki said is a really normal thing to say in such a situation. Since it's such a perfectly normal thing to say, if you didn't have an underlying interest, you'd just explain why you're proceeding as you are. Normally you'd probably say something like "Yes, hopefully she'll get better eventually, but we can't diagnose her properly or treat her, since we're not psychologists, so we're not forcing the issue and living with it for now. Here's what we're doing to cope: [...]. She also helps to lift our spirits, so it's ok as it is for now. You'll understand how things work around here in time". There's no real need to be aggressive about it. Miki didn't say anything wrong or offensive at all, she was understandably puzzled and asked questions.
Yuri reacts aggressively to any discussion of the topic (and even the possibility of it). That's giving me the feeling that she may be the most likely to snap or perhaps she's already has, we just don't know yet. But yeah, it's mostly just a hunch right now. Could be nothing and just an irrational reaction.
Which would be completely understandable and normal. Any girl/kid behaving as if nothing happened in that situation would be extremely abnormal.
Old 2015-08-17, 13:03   Link #616
Flower
In harmony with the flow

Folks, please do not discuss material from the source material, including material that could show up in the coming episodes - in this case regarding actions Miki could still possibly be shown taking.

It is best to use properly labelled spoiler tags for purposes of contrast of definitely shown material. If you want to discuss a focus primarily of source material (with the anime in a secondary or "less" place) it is better to go to the source material thread.
Old 2015-08-17, 17:51   Link #617
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Well, I means just a theory, but if she really has abusive family/ isolated from friends because of it. Maybe that's why she was in a rooftop alone (way after school) when the whole zombie thing happened.

Also may explain why she prefer to keep the status quo with Yuki rather than wanting them to return back to their (and her) old life. Kinda like the Living School Club is the family she wished that she had. And Miki and Yuki were the substitute for the younger sisters (or in Kurumi's case: brother ) that she does not have. Sort of

All speculation of course
Old 2015-08-17, 22:47   Link #618
ices
Working Hard

Now that I think about it, the cast composition kinda resembled Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru. And to some extent K-On!. Is it just a common trope? There must be some TVTropes page for this right?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 22:48   Link #619
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
If you've read enough Kirara series, then you'll find that, yes it's common, and maybe on purpose.

And no I don't advise going to the Trope page, because you're talking to the person who helped set it up many moons ago.
Old 2015-08-17, 23:27   Link #620
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
If you've read enough Kirara series, then you'll find that, yes it's common, and maybe on purpose.

And no I don't advise going to the Trope page, because you're talking to the person who helped set it up many moons ago.
Oh, so that was a common things. Maybe I should read more Kirara series then.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse