AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 10 13.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 8.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 8.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-27, 16:23   Link #81
Byakou

Okay episode but the weakest so far.
Old 2012-10-27, 16:29   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I've been loving this anime up to now, but this episode was terrible.

Yamauchi's directing style went overboard and it was difficult to tell what was going on due to the abuse of close-ups and failure to animate essential shots. I'm fine with and I even encourage stylistic variation within a series, but not at the cost of the narrative.
Indeed, as much as I like the guy, in the end I think it was a very bad idea to let Yamauchi direct this episode. His directing and storyboarding style is far too removed from that of the previous directors. It would have been fine if this were a stand alone episode, but we are dealing with a continuous story here. Having that kind of episodes is far too jarring. It doesn't help that he went overboard with his quirks (the close-ups in particular).

I hope they won't entrust him with another episode.
Old 2012-10-27, 16:40   Link #83
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Leaving the shipping aside, I think Shun would have been pretty badass too in that situation.
He wasn't there though, and that's what counts. Denying Satoru's awesome handling of the situation with a hypothesis that some other guy who wasn't even there would have done much the same is being unfair to Satoru. It doesn't matter if he would have, he wasn't there. I personally would want the yuri to win so I am neutral between the boys but Shun has also been giving this untrustworthy vibes so I am not even sure if he would have come to Saki's aid at all.

I actually really liked this episode (hi-5 Archon Wing) and seriously hope there's one more action-packed pivotal episode done in this manner Yeah it was jarring but it was also awesome.
Old 2012-10-27, 16:57   Link #84
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
He wasn't there though, and that's what counts. Denying Satoru's
You're barking on the wrong tree. I didn't deny what Satoru did, and I didn't say anything negative about him either.

Quote:
Shun has also been giving this untrustworthy vibes so I am not even sure if he would have come to Saki's aid at all.
You on the other hand...
Old 2012-10-27, 17:05   Link #85
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
You're barking on the wrong tree. I didn't deny what Satoru did, and I didn't say anything negative about him either.

You on the other hand...
Denying doesn't have to be an outright denial, you underplay him when you imply some other guy who wasn't even there would have performed just as well.

And that bit about Shun is just a natural extension to my assessment of him as untrustworthy. I also don't imply he definitely wouldn't come to her aid, it's just a doubt. I don't deny his potential or anything along the line. I just add the untrustworthy part to his character and whether or not there are enough cues provided by the show for my doing that to be fair is up for debate. One I wouldn't partake in though.

The bottom-line is that Satoru was actually there while Shun wasn't.
Old 2012-10-27, 17:55   Link #86
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Denying doesn't have to be an outright denial, you underplay him when you imply some other guy who wasn't even there would have performed just as well.
I think he would. That doesn't downplay what Satoru did. This is my opinion on Shun, not Satoru. Your reasoning is off-base.

Quote:
And that bit about Shun is just a natural extension to my assessment of him as untrustworthy.
Cool, but my opinion is as valid as yours. You think he's untrustworthy and I think he's pretty awesome. That's all.
Old 2012-10-27, 18:22   Link #87
Konja7

I really like this anime. The plot is full of mysteries and is developing slowly.

I did not like the graphics and animation of this chapter, but I liked the chapter itself.
Old 2012-10-27, 19:14   Link #88
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I agree the scene was fine the way it was. It got the point across, and that's all it needed to do.
It did? Probably it did if the objective was to present something different than the novel and inconsistent with the setting the anime tried to present during the first four episodes
Old 2012-10-27, 19:45   Link #89
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
...And the ED remains one of the best OP/ED sequences I've seen in all of 2012.
yup really gets you going ^^, any news on the singles release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
how dare he put the moves on shun's girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Could you please stop with the shipping wars already? It's really OOT.
what shipping wars? i don't really see any at this point besides i think relationships between the 5 friends are as much a part of the story ( sex included ) as anything else we've seen, and is important. I also think we were meant to feel as Jerseykid did with that scene, what better way to increase the impact of what the library explained in the previous episode about conditioning.

for shun and sotoru, as in my previous post i've wondered why it was satoru who went to her and not shun. There was previous mild hints that satoru might feel something for saki, as is the trope eveyone was discussing a while back. but then it might just be a matter of location as in satoru was nearer. inconclusive at this point. And on the question of "if it was shun would he save saki" i would like to think that yeah he would. so far the anime hasn't shown anything to the opposite. I think maybe others ( novel readers ) are already judging shun & satoru based on their future knowledge (in terms of anime time). anime only watcher here...
Old 2012-10-27, 19:55   Link #90
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
anime only watcher here...
Indeed.

For the people who keep talking about novel/manga stuff, including comparisons, we have threads just for that. If people continue to use their knowledge of the source material to discuss the anime I will start taking more direct actions, and they're not going to like it.
Old 2012-10-27, 19:58   Link #91
Dony2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
yup really gets you going ^^, any news on the singles release?

what shipping wars? i don't really see any at this point besides i think relationships between the 5 friends are as much a part of the story ( sex included ) as anything else we've seen, and is important. I also think we were meant to feel as Jerseykid did with that scene, what better way to increase the impact of what the library explained in the previous episode about conditioning.

for shun and sotoru, as in my previous post i've wondered why it was satoru who went to her and not shun. There was previous mild hints that satoru might feel something for saki, as is the trope eveyone was discussing a while back. but then it might just be a matter of location as in satoru was nearer. inconclusive at this point. And on the question of "if it was shun would he save saki" i would like to think that yeah he would. so far the anime hasn't shown anything to the opposite. I think maybe others ( novel readers ) are already judging shun & satoru based on their future knowledge (in terms of anime time). anime only watcher here...
Ohhhh the irony.
Old 2012-10-27, 19:58   Link #92
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
He wasn't there though, and that's what counts. Denying Satoru's awesome handling of the situation with a hypothesis that some other guy who wasn't even there would have done much the same is being unfair to Satoru. It doesn't matter if he would have, he wasn't there. I personally would want the yuri to win so I am neutral between the boys but Shun has also been giving this untrustworthy vibes so I am not even sure if he would have come to Saki's aid at all.

I actually really liked this episode (hi-5 Archon Wing) and seriously hope there's one more action-packed pivotal episode done in this manner Yeah it was jarring but it was also awesome.
I still think Shun is way more powerful than Satoru
hope they can get back their cantus
I wonder what stories will they say in their back to the village haha!
Old 2012-10-27, 20:03   Link #93
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I still think Shun is way more powerful than Satoru
That's an stated fact. They say so in episode 1.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:07   Link #94
Dony2012
Banned

Quote:
That's an stated fact. They say so in episode 1.
They did?!

When?
Old 2012-10-27, 20:08   Link #95
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
yeah i dont remember but anyway it was well done then since i was feeling always that way.

I wonder if shun will turn bad after
Old 2012-10-27, 20:10   Link #96
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dony2012 View Post
They did?!
Episode 1. Don't remember the exact moment but Satoru himself said Shun is the ace of the group when it comes to their power. He's the strongest in their group.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:15   Link #97
Dony2012
Banned

Quote:
Episode 1. Don't remember the exact moment but Satoru himself said Shun is the ace of the group when it comes to their power. He's the strongest in their group.
So if he'll turn bad they're screwed, right?
Old 2012-10-27, 20:23   Link #98
Grey

Felt a bit like a budget-saving episode with the style they used. But if that's actually what they were doing I can't say I mind. I thought it was an interesting style to handle it.

Very...jumpy in terms of scene transition though.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:24   Link #99
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Well yeah, but let's not forget it was Maria the narrator warned us about, not Shun. I don't see any reason to think he would turn against his friends. We're getting a bit paranoiac on Shun, I think.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:25   Link #100
Dark Wing

Quote:
Not necessarily he may be powerful on his own but realistically I think a group of PK's could take him if he ever did go rouge and as Kazu mentioned it's Maria we have to watch out for.