AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-04-25, 14:15   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 903 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey, guys! The Golden Week holiday starts next week in Japan, so that means an earlier Jump release.... which means a good chance of earlier chapters for us, as well! There's no summary yet, but we do have a spoiler pic of the magazine cover, courtesy of AP's Redon:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Simply put, this chapter marks the beginning of the REVERIE ARC!!!! And now the summary, courtesy of AP's Redon and YonkouProductions:

-Chapter title is "The Fifth Emperor". Ministory focuses on Orlumbus.

-As it turns out, Sanji was given a raid suit by his brother Niji! However, he doesn't want to use it. Luffy and Chopper try to convince him to not throw it away since they think he might be able to shoot beams with it, but Sanji says leave that business to Franky, heh. Nami also still has Zeus with her.... who gets into an argument with Sanji over who should be Nami's slave. Amusingly, Sanji says he should be the slave since he was there first, lol.

-Soon, we get new bounty news: Sanji's head is now worth 330 million due to the news of the Big Mom assassination plot spreading. His poster also now has "DEAD OR ALIVE" on it.... but interestingly, his full name is on the poster as well, which Sanji is none too happy about since it associates him with his estranged family. But at the very least, he's satisfied that he has a higher bounty than Zoro now. As for Luffy.... apparently, his bounty went down to 150 million, which disappoints him.

-Meanwhile, we see various characters preparing for the Reverie. The mermaid princess Shirahoshi decides to attend the Reverie in order to prove herself as not being weak anymore. People such as Crocodile, Vivi, Dalton, Bartolomeo, Capone, and Chiffon are seen reading the papers, as Luffy's legend spreads. While more monarchs gather for the Reverie, Akainu receives news that one of the queens attending got kidnapped, which enrages him.

-Meanwhile, we see Viola and other Dressrosa residents reading the paper. Some pirates (the same group who kidnapped the queen from before) prepare to kidnap Viola, but some marines put a stop to their dastardly plan.... namely, Coby and Helmeppo! It turns out the two of them were assigned to guard the Dressrosan royalty on their trip to the Reverie. Coby is particularly happy about the news regarding Luffy. Rebecca asks him if he likes Luffy, but the young marine responds that the two of them are enemies.

-Meanwhile, we see the Yonkou's reaction to the news regarding Luffy: Kaidou wonders why the person who obstructed his deal is messing with that "old lady" (referring to Luffy and Big Mom). We also see Blackbeard, who says it's too soon for Luffy to be considered an emperor. As for Big Mom herself, she's quite displeased by the news going around..... the papers claim that Luffy "defeated" her, and now the rubber man is considered to be a FIFTH EMPEROR! The empress swears vengeance upon Luffy and Morgans for spreading this "fake" news. Finally, we see Shanks, who says that the time for him and Luffy to meet again is approaching soon....

-Back at the Sunny, Brooke takes another look at Luffy's bounty poster. It wasn't 150 million as previously thought. As it turns out, Luffy's head is now worth ONE BILLION, FIVE HUNDRED MILLION....!!!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-04-27 at 14:57.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 17:06   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We've been hearing about Reverie for so long. It's finally time.
Old 2018-04-26, 20:39   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I wonder how Neptune can made a relationship with Vivi since she's a former crew of Straw Hat (At least from Whiskey Peak to Alabasta). Hopefully Wapol doesn't go beyond lines here and i'm sure he will be putted into one of the Revolutionary's target list to be captured. Especially with the metal he made makes him targeted.

Nvm the chapter is out and WHAAATT!? 1,5 billion!?

Last edited by Ramero; 2018-04-27 at 09:54.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 10:39   Link #4
marvelB

Okay, I updated with the summary and some Korean scans are out now (haven't seen any English ones yet). Damn, quite a bit to take in this chapter.... new bounty hikes (a particularly gigantic one for Luffy), more Reverie hype, Sanji getting a raid suit, after all.... Y'know, if he doesn't want that, I wonder if Franky and/or Usopp can make use of it instead....?
Old 2018-04-27, 11:00   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji did get a suit! Pretty sure he'll end up wearing it at some point. The whole chapter is hype as hell, like most "post-arc" chapters are.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:00   Link #6
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Nvm the chapter is out and WHAAATT!? 1,5 billion!?
Well since he defeated Katakuri who is worth over 1 billion, it's not strange at all. Every time Rufy and the others defeated people with a bounty, they never got a bounty smaller than theirs.

Anyway Nami made a huge upgrade to her power, Zeus combined with her thunderballs is incredibly powerful. Now she truly owns a deadly weapon.

By the way, about Sanji I'm sure he'll be disappointed, I bet that after the Wano Arc Zoro will have a far greater bounty. Anyway I'm very disappointed by his power. I expected him to learn Rankyaku, not only Geppou, after the 2 years of training. (especially considering his rivalry with Zoro) he could create so many long range attacks with rankyaku.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 11:07   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Well since he defeated Katakuri who is worth over 1 billion, it's not strange at all. Every time Rufy and the others defeated people with a bounty, they never got a bounty smaller than theirs.

Anyway Nami made a huge upgrade to her power, Zeus combined with her thunderballs is incredibly powerful. Now she truly owns a deadly weapon.

By the way, about Sanji I'm sure he'll be disappointed, I bet that after the Wano Arc Zoro will have a far greater bounty. Anyway I'm very disappointed by his power. I expected him to learn Rankyaku, not only Geppou, after the 2 years of training. (especially considering his rivalry with Zoro) he could create so many long range attacks with rankyaku.
His bounty is 500 millions higher than that of his opponent this time though, but it's explained by the fact the papers claim he defeated Big Mom.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:08   Link #8
marvelB

Heh, seeing how Rebecca is teasing Coby there, could that possibly be a new ship sailing....?

Speaking of Coby, I also notice the newspaper he's reading has Vegapunk's name on it (written in English even), and a picture of..... Whitebeard? Wonder what that's about? Maybe about Edward Weevil? It has been a while since he was last seen. Come to think of it, I do recall Oda's Jump Festa message mentioning that he'd be introducing a "legend" that was related to WB. Maybe this is a hint related to that....?
Old 2018-04-27, 11:22   Link #9
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
His bounty is 500 millions higher than that of his opponent this time though, but it's explained by the fact the papers claim he defeated Big Mom.
Well I doubt that the government took that part very seriously, I doubt Big Mom bounty is smaller than Rufy's new one.
Old 2018-04-27, 11:27   Link #10
Rainbowman

With Sanji’s new bounty, he is now among the Supernovas/Worst Generation roster.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 12:46   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Well I doubt that the government took that part very seriously, I doubt Big Mom bounty is smaller than Rufy's new one.
We know the government has a lot of control over the newspapers. They have to stay consistent with the news published, don't they? I don't think Big Mom's bounty is that much higher.
Old 2018-04-27, 14:49   Link #12
marvelB

BTW, I hope this means Capone got a bounty hike, as well. After all, the assassination attempt was his plan in the first place (even if it failed), and considering Morgan's prediction of a Worst Generation pirate becoming the next Pirate King, I see no reason for our cigar-chomping friend to be ignored. Plus, the fact that he started a family with one of Big Mom's daughters should also be good enough reason for him to get recognition, IMO. Even if he doesn't get a billion+ price on his head like Luffy, I do think he should be worth about 700 million, at the very least....

Oh, and I like how Brooke's eyes pop out when he correctly reads out Luffy's bounty.... despite his sockets being empty, lol.
Old 2018-04-27, 17:16   Link #13
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So Sanji’s bounty is now higher than Zoro’s... well, atleast until we get “Year of Zoro” and we learn about his life before he met Kuina.
Old 2018-04-27, 17:51   Link #14
WyrdMonger

Dors anyine else think Luffy and Shanks may fight for the Strawhat?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:14   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So Sanji’s bounty is now higher than Zoro’s... well, atleast until we get “Year of Zoro” and we learn about his life before he met Kuina.
You're joking, but it actually wouldn't hurt for Zoro's backstory to get expanded a bit. "My rival/best friend died after falling down some stairs" is kind of... you know.
Old 2018-04-27, 18:15   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I want to see Sanji wearing the raid suit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:23   Link #17
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Next arc will fix this.XD Anyway I seriously hope Sandai Kitetsu will be destroyed. Not because I don't like that sword, but its power is absolutely unworthy compared to the other two and to Zoro's power right now. I think it's time for him to do the final weapon upgrade and I hope so much to see him wielding the Shodai Kitetsu, which is probably the most cursed sword of all and on the same category of Mihawk's sword. Taming that sword would be a proper test for his abilities and he would finally have a blade strong enough to help the other two to withstand Yoru.
Old 2018-04-27, 18:45   Link #18
rladls2121

Vivi is making that surprised face.
I want to think that one of the biggest reason is Sanji's true identity.
Aside from how Luffy became the fifth Emperor, and how high his bounty rose.

As of now it is known that both Luffy and Sanji have this insane family backgrounds.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:51   Link #19
Galaxian

So Luffy is going to become an Emperor in a similar fashion to show Buggy became a Shichibukai: People misunderstanding the situation.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:10   Link #20
rladls2121

So this named Morgans is the one who leaked all these infos and spread it to the world?
I was mistaken by the name of Axe Hand Morgan.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote