AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 09:07   Link #221
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The problem, really, is the bad pacing. It doesn't matter if everything makes sense and is following logically (which I'm sure it is), because bad pacing will fuck everything up, since exposition isn't given it's proper time to sink in or isn't good enough.

Thus the confusion.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:41   Link #222
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhandofcrap View Post
Are you sure about this? I don't see anything in the subs or light novels to lead me to believe this. My impression was that they have been fighting with Kanade for a very long time. From the light novels, the SSS was formed when the Student Council President was Kanade.

Otherwise I agree with you on the other parts.
It's my impression from the Anime only, but enough info backs up that Kanade had some friends on her side before they all moved on.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:43   Link #223
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
It's my impression from the Anime only, but enough info backs up that Kanade had some friends on her side before they all moved on.
Ah I see. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've been fighting against the same Tenshi all the time. When the SSS was formed though it didn't seem like Tenshi had any friends at the time. But I agree with you that she did have friends from before that moved on.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:53   Link #224
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Archon Wing's rant about how they should have just stamped DEAD on her forehead sick bed ridden girl ends on winters eve lol where have i heard that before. is still making me chuckle. A tornado disaster would have been more thrilling.
Vehicular crash/mysterious disease does the job for Key usually. Tornado would be something to see to be sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh my, and a gentle moeblob dies in the cold while held in the arms of a Key male lead. How original. I've never seen this before... brilliant idea!

Seriously, Key retards, can't you please STOP this bullshit? It's beyond ridiculous, it's not even funny anymore, just annoying. Is this all which you can wring out of your brains?

Please excuse my French, but I am SO fed up with Key's tendency to repeat the same story time and again and again and again and again .....
Hey I mean it works. Their fans aren't sitting there judging them or bringing it up though....that's for sure. See the things we notice over here....not necessarily a factor over there. I'm not sitting here trying to defend Key against a criticism I've made I don't know how many times now, but they are far from the only guilty party and I think it's nothing more than they just aren't being challenged enough. When you get to be established in Japan your sales are kind of guaranteed no matter what you come out with and the element of challenge in getting the required audience to become profitable is not so much an issue as keeping the devoted ones you have by giving them what they want and trying to avoid deviating too far from the proven formula they want to see.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:11   Link #225
Lime soda

All this fuss about rehashing is over Otanashi's flashback?

I didn't like the story with the poor sister dying either but I thought it was alright once they showed us that the flashback didn't end with that. I don't think any of the flashbacks worked well for me. I'm starting to prefer characters with more normal, less tragic back story.

As for the pacing, it did feel messy this time. I wouldn't mind if things were exciting enough to make me forget about gap with Naoi and him joining the warfront. I'm just disappointed with how the show's handling the afterlife thing. Especially the war with Tenshi..which has been alright so far but not spectacular. I guess that's why the comedy scenes didn't work. I did enjoy them though but it hurts that story isn't feeling more filling.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:35   Link #226
Daydreamer Rumi-chan
is perfectly unique 100%!

The only thing that really got to me 'bout this episode is the fact that Naoi had seriously injured the SSS last ep and this ep we find him a part of the team. I was like but I loosened up as the comedy came along. However the fishing segment was indeed random.

Ep 8 will probably satisfy everyone again... it has to. -_-
Old 2010-05-20, 12:11   Link #227
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer Rumi-chan View Post
The only thing that really got to me 'bout this episode is the fact that Naoi had seriously injured the SSS last ep and this ep we find him a part of the team. I was like but I loosened up as the comedy came along. However the fishing segment was indeed random.

Ep 8 will probably satisfy everyone again... it has to. -_-
Noda beatup Otonashi with his Ax and Tenshi stab him in the chest. Also read the prequel novels, what Yuri did to the other founding members of the SSS....

remember People CAN"T DIE even if you kill them and all wounds will heal.
Old 2010-05-20, 12:21   Link #228
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
But he could hypntotize them into disappearing, resulting in game over.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-20, 13:02   Link #229
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I loved the series up until about where Naoi came in. His character is really badly handled. Due to him the mood of the series went through two ridiculously sudden shifts to the point where I got confused. >_>;;

And here I thought the new war with Naoi would be interesting. Now he's just another arrogant kid like Christ. Oh, and he's the second guy who wants him. This is hysterical.

By the way, Kanade and Otonashi: Most obvious couple ever. They better not make her death story suck. She is currently why I'm still watching.
Old 2010-05-20, 14:15   Link #230
Daydreamer Rumi-chan
is perfectly unique 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Noda beatup Otonashi with his Ax and Tenshi stab him in the chest. Also read the prequel novels, what Yuri did to the other founding members of the SSS....

remember People CAN"T DIE even if you kill them and all wounds will heal.
I forgot to add that fact. That's why I got such a kick out of episode 2.
So what I really mean here is, it seems like nothing happened between them at all. And it sounds like Yuri did something evil in those novels... O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But he could hypntotize them into disappearing, resulting in game over.
Yeah, that's even worse!
Old 2010-05-20, 14:49   Link #231
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer Rumi-chan View Post
I forgot to add that fact. That's why I got such a kick out of episode 2.
So what I really mean here is, it seems like nothing happened between them at all. And it sounds like Yuri did something evil in those novels... O_O
lets just say that Yuri is a very good shot with projectile weapons.
Old 2010-05-20, 22:14   Link #232
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
By the way, Kanade and Otonashi: Most obvious couple ever. They better not make her death story suck. She is currently why I'm still watching.
Don't get your hopes up for any romance in this series, you might just end up disappointed. So far I have yet to see anything related to romance in this series. Besides, there have been no build-ups between anyone regarding that notion and rushing romantic development right now might just be a waste of time considering how many episodes are left.

I'm inclined to reach a conclusion that Otonashi sees Kanade more like a younger sister if we consider the revelation of his past in this episode.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-20, 22:17   Link #233
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
So far I have yet to see anything related to romance in this series.
Whaaaaaaat? Otonashi was obviously crushing over his sister. And Naoi obviously wants to get into Otonashi's pants.
Old 2010-05-20, 22:58   Link #234
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Don't get your hopes up for any romance in this series, you might just end up disappointed. So far I have yet to see anything related to romance in this series. Besides, there have been no build-ups between anyone regarding that notion and rushing romantic development right now might just be a waste of time considering how many episodes are left.

I'm inclined to reach a conclusion that Otonashi sees Kanade more like a younger sister if we consider the revelation of his past in this episode.
Nah, this is Key at work. So like it or not there will be a heartwarming romantic scene at the end where half of us will like and the other half will complain about.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-20, 23:03   Link #235
GDB

Quote:
half of us will like and the other half will complain about.
Doesn't that describe everything about every show currently being aired or already aired?
Old 2010-05-20, 23:10   Link #236
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Nah, some have significantly more complaining.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-20, 23:46   Link #237
pampz21
ShipCore

neh....maybe i'm just overthinking but....i think the other tenshi is something like a man made..or just an memory of yuri...maybe she wants to continue fighthing but....Kanade became the other SSS's friend so maybe you know...just maybe yuri felt jelous??wat cha think?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-05-20, 23:55   Link #238
Knightrunner

So far I haven't seen yuri got jealous yet just the eyes of an observer. I remember in episode three it seems like yuri got a little bit more surprise about seeing hormonics, but then again she was probably thinking if tenshi makes her attacks the same way they are making weapons then there is no god.
Old 2010-05-21, 01:43   Link #239
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Whaaaaaaat? Otonashi was obviously crushing over his sister. And Naoi obviously wants to get into Otonashi's pants.
Forgot about Naoi Ok then, straight romance to be more specific

Quote:
Nah, this is Key at work. So like it or not there will be a heartwarming romantic scene at the end where half of us will like and the other half will complain about.
Really? I believe Maeda said in that interview about Angel Beats that there wasn't going to be much romance involved. Of course I could be wrong but we'll just have to wait and see

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-05-21, 03:29   Link #240
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

If Maeda doesn't bring romance, it'll be a miracle, considering that Angel Beats! as a franchise is already big enough to be a VN. lol.
Closed Thread