AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-22, 09:16   Link #181
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Uh,

Just saw this animae, and my brain is fried.

I can't even work out if I like it or not!!

Waaah!
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:21   Link #182
Pengu

Well, it was a weird anime. Not ever going to understand everything, but it was pretty good still. I was a bit sad Hatsuki was lesbian since she was my favourite character. And the thing that confuses me most is that hatsuki is without a doubt a lesbian and still she is going to have a child that is Hatsumi...

Thank god not many animes have homo undertones. Just brings chills down my spine for some reason. This one never got that far -puh-
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 03:34   Link #183
Bloodseeker

*seeing screencaps of Touko Gettan episode 14 reminds him of this show*

You know, on the afterthought, the center of attention almost always being focused on one of the two worst characters in the show really did limit YtBtHnT...

Most of the concepts were excellent.
The setting was great.
One of the three leads always managed to be at least mildly entertaining (I'm referring to Ririsu, of course), as did some of the minor characters.
Some of the female character designs were pretty hot.

If it weren't for the protagonist being Ms. Generic McBoring (I don't see why she has a fanbase... the quiet badass that prefers to talk with their actions alone and shuts off his/her noisy tag-along has been done a billion times before, it isn't a particularly likable archetype by itself (though some characters that share that trait i.e. Guts do it in such a way that it becomes a likable part of their character and have other qualities that make them awesome), and she doesn't really have any qualities that set her apart from the crowd) and the antagonist being one of the lamest anime bad guys ever, I probably would have enjoyed this show a lot more.

I was initially thinking that Ririsu deserves to be a better anime, but when I think about it, the anime just deserves a better protagonist and a better antagonist.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 11:15   Link #184
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
*seeing screencaps of Touko Gettan episode 14 reminds him of this show*

You know, on the afterthought, the center of attention almost always being focused on one of the two worst characters in the show really did limit YtBtHnT...

Most of the concepts were excellent.
The setting was great.
One of the three leads always managed to be at least mildly entertaining (I'm referring to Ririsu, of course), as did some of the minor characters.
Some of the female character designs were pretty hot.

If it weren't for the protagonist being Ms. Generic McBoring (I don't see why she has a fanbase... the quiet badass that prefers to talk with their actions alone and shuts off his/her noisy tag-along has been done a billion times before, it isn't a particularly likable archetype by itself (though some characters that share that trait i.e. Guts do it in such a way that it becomes a likable part of their character and have other qualities that make them awesome), and she doesn't really have any qualities that set her apart from the crowd) and the antagonist being one of the lamest anime bad guys ever, I probably would have enjoyed this show a lot more.

I was initially thinking that Ririsu deserves to be a better anime, but when I think about it, the anime just deserves a better protagonist and a better antagonist.

I like Hazuki, somehow i always got a thing for girls with swords Althought i wish she has more of a chance to use it.
Old 2007-07-09, 17:57   Link #185
Dop
Mmmm....

Gosh. Well. After a gap of a few weeks I finally sat down and finished this series by watching the last four episodes in a row.
Gaah. Brane go boom....

Actually, it just feels like a bit of a downer really. Poor Hatsuki, after all her adventures.
I feel kind of stunned.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 19:26   Link #186
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am hoping Hazuki would find her way back to the Infinite Library one of these days.

A Threesome is always then a Twosome.
Old 2007-07-23, 05:02   Link #187
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Brain frying seems like a good way to describe this series. But deep down inside me I know this will be one of those special series you meet once a year (if lucky) and it will always remain a gem in my heart. *loops full OP/ED*

Yep I just managed to finish this long forgotten series and have seen a new light. This format of smashing down a plot and presenting it in a totally confusing order is just something I love these days! And while I didn’t find it at all that confusing a lot of other people is sure to think that way . The story was well planned and the conclusion was done in the most conclusive way it ever can be done for a series like this in fact it was just heart breaking to see how well it concluded. From what I can see there isn’t any loose end that hasn’t been tied down. All the mini adventures was concluded nicely and even left room for imagination to incur (a la Gargantua and Ritsuko). I guess the only one I didn’t quite get what happened in the end was Seiren.

Even I was trying to hold back the tears of joy and sorrow seeing Hazuki getting her first and last kiss from Hatsumi then a memory wipe. It is both cruel and tragic that you are no longer able to remember the one you love and for Hazuki who’s life depended on Hatsumi being there I am sure those tears while she was eating those pancakes where from her deep down memories that can never be erased. Meaningful? Dam right it is! This is the type of depth and angst I enjoy watching in pyjamas with a box of tissues besides me. The dramatic impact is poetic!
The whole series consisted of many mini adventures but the story of Gargantua and Ritsuko overlapped with other worlds and is considered the second largest full plot besides Hazuki’s. That guy was a total wacko and poor Ritsuko had to suffer for it. The problem with Gargantua is his selfishness as a child. He is a spoilt brat to say the least and just like how your little brothers and sisters would act they would take you stuff and throw and tantrum if they don’t get it. Even at that young age Gargantua realized that he was captivated by this strange being that was able to revive the things that he killed on purpose. This soon led to him wanting to desire this mysterious phenomenon which lead to the death of someone he admired, killed by his own hands.

Well he does get power but it’s not enough for him. He desires the power of Eve! This leads to him screwing around like an idiot (well his personality gets totally raped to the max once he received his castle ~ it reminded me of Papillion from busou renkin to be honest ) and killing off a princess. AH! This is another confusing point, Gargantua effectively caused Mariel’s death but later on it seems that she was an offering to Ririsu, another point left unexplained why she needed someone dead. But in any case this nutcase was extremely confused by his own feelings and was only opened up to see the light near the end of the series. But a part of me thinks that he deserves a happy ending for finally realizing his mistakes and you should allow a guy to amend for his sins.

Ririsu is an interesting person I must say. She is what I would call the “kid who doesn’t grow up” type of girl but funnily enough she seems mere immortal at times. Nothing bad ever happens to her an even so she turns the situation around to suit her case. I mean back to the caveman arc she was more than happy to be a sacrifice for Hazuki and her “please eat phrase” containing a double meaning was comical XD. But really her aim was pretty much the same as Hazuki’s; to find Eve so I guess it was a temporary partnership though it is evident from the end that she does worry about Hazuki’s well being. Her role is simple to travel with Hazuki and act as the transport while Hazuki does the hard work I am most fascinated by Ririsu’s bi polar feelings towards females and males alike (yep she is heterosexual), no shame? I just love her grunts and moans which is a compliment to the seiyuu: Sanae Kobayashi ^__^ a truly amazing seiyuu who brought out Ririsu’s childish personality to full.

And finally I guess I’ll talk about Hazuki, the main heroine of the story. Her obsession with Hatsumi is noting to me ashamed of to be honest (*flies the yuri flag* ). But for someone with such a strict and honourable personality it does indeed seem that she is unable to get over this taboo fact that she loves Hatsumi. She wants to hug and embrace Hatsumi but knows that this would crush her relationship with the sister she loves so much. Not knowing the feelings of Hatsumi who has always been there for her ever since they were young it is just dam ironic that those love letters were sent by Hatsumi…

They feel the same way about each other and in their own way admires each other from afar. So the kiss in the end holds a real dear and special meaning to me. Like a bird released from a cage, they are allowed to express themselves for that short period of time so in a way it is a long wish/desire fulfilled.

While the relationship should have ended there and then I guess Hazuki made such an impact on Eve that she decided to be reborn in the same book again, as Hazuki’s child. I suspect that this is the first that has ever happened, to be born in the same book twice, seen as Eve usually travels from book to book. Moving back a step means that even she wants to see Hazuki once more because she is not allowed to properly see her after that mind erase.

As I said at the start this series is something special. The story telling is awesome as well as being thoughtful. Enjoying series which requires you to use some head just like this is a reason why I am still watching Touka Gettan. I just find these types of stories enjoyable if done properly and the end result of having travelling a long journey with the characters you do feel attached. This is so much more so than any cheap harem series can ever make me attached. Saying goodbye is painful and especially to a series like which with its perfect conclusion there really isn’t much more hope that it being a one off series. But no matter as I still love every bit of it . And the twist on the end is just beautiful. Seeing that hint that the great library is also in its own book really gives the whole universe a new perspective. The mysterious Arya being the narrator and closing the book of the great library himself then getting up in a desert like place really did magnify the scope to no end. *applauds for the thoughtfulness*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 05:24   Link #188
Shana

^ Long

One of my favorite series and I was too lazy to search the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKZ
But deep down inside me I know this will be one of those special series you meet once a year (if lucky) and it will always remain a gem in my heart.
Yeah, you are right. This is the only series who brokes my heart (Okay, maybe not broke but I totally loved this one).

This is a joy of anime so far, good animation, good scenary, good story. When I saw first episode maybe as one year or so, I get a impression who any other anime gaves me. I know about Yuri chracters who don't have mind about what the society will say, but OMG, Hatsuki don't mind and that, and don't mind at the thing they are sisters.

Hatsumi is too egoist, at least to me, she don't mind at Hatsuki's feelings, Lilith's feelings or Garugantua's feelings (well, he don't have to be in the list ). She adapts to a source, her egoism do something bad and she rans out to other place.

Lilith's character is one of the best of the series so far. She always mades me laught with her "Hatsuki-chan~" and that book of the beach ~ She's not independient, so that gives her a Lovely Imouto-chan taste .

This series is my favorite so far ~ with a maybe-happy-ending, why is a MHE? becouse I want a Yuri ending, and Hatsumi says to Hatsuki what she won't be with her on that moment, but her (Hatsuki) will recreate her as her draughter, and Hatsuki needs to be a wife of someone to have a child, and that's not a Yuri ending. This series made me cry, laught and get out of my world and go to that Librery

~ really, my favorite anime so far. And so bad not too much people watch/like it ~ it is a bit rare to see it isn't licensed... ~
Old 2007-07-23, 06:56   Link #189
kevin13
Disabled By Request

I'll say that while I loved the OP I hated the ED.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:11   Link #190
Tiberium Wolf

Man! I have only discovered this anime because shinsen-subs is releasing it now. I wonder why I haven't watched it in 2003 when it aired. It's unbelievable that I have missed such anime in the 1st place. I usually pay attention to all anime released but this one I never heard of it until now.
Old 2007-10-09, 20:04   Link #191
Shana

^ Really? Thanks! Nice timing, Shinsen-subs; I was going to re-download and re-watch the series
Old 2007-10-10, 06:01   Link #192
Dop
Mmmm....

I watched the series a few months ago (scroll up a bit and you'll see), and I've been downloading Shinsen-subs' new releases as they've got a much better image quality than the subs I had before.

I wonder if the connected episode of Touka Gettan brought this series back to mind?
Old 2007-10-10, 13:59   Link #193
Tiberium Wolf

ZOMG.... more 3 eps today... DL DL DL...
Old 2007-10-12, 17:54   Link #194
Tiberium Wolf

OK... I have watched all the 13 eps. It was worth it. I liked everything. It's been long that I had watched, a series I liked, all in a few days.
Old 2007-10-12, 18:08   Link #195
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, thanks Shinsen. Get. I loved Touka Gettan, so I'm eager to see Yamibou. The two anime are basically by the same staff: director, writer, animation director, character designers, sound director.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:31   Link #196
Tiberium Wolf

They from the same staff?

Well I didn't get interested in touka gettan.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:29   Link #197
Dop
Mmmm....

W. T. and a large side order of F?????

I'm raising this thread from the grave because of this....

ANN: North American anime distributor Media Blasters announced on Monday that the company will release the Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito (Yamibou) fantasy yuri television anime series in North America. Media Blasters added it cannot confirm as of yet if the release will have an English dub. The company also did not specify if it would release the series on DVD or Blu-ray Disc, but it did link to the series' Japanese Blu-ray Disc boxset website in the announcement.

Bloody hell! If this ever comes to fruition I'll have to buy it just to prove it happened!

Maybe they can get Touka Gettan next?
Old 2013-05-20, 19:24   Link #198
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

I'm -what's the word?- Stupified(?)

What's next, raising the Titanic and refurbishing her for a new cruise?
Old 2013-05-21, 11:32   Link #199
Kazu-kun

They went full baka. Who the hell is gonna pay for that series?
Old 2013-05-21, 18:38   Link #200
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

if it's a cheap release ($20-30) for whole series I'd consider buying.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote