Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-15, 12:28   Link #1
Tritium
doaho...

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

weird that there isn't a topic about this game yet
Did any of you guys bought it yet? I'm waiting for the european release. (march-11) Tell me/us about the gameplay, music etc but please use spoiler tags for story and related things
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 00:43   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium
weird that there isn't a topic about this game yet
Did any of you guys bought it yet? I'm waiting for the european release. (march-11) Tell me/us about the gameplay, music etc but please use spoiler tags for story and related things
gameplay is great. I never liked turn based games, but i always liked real-time battles made by square. It wont take long to get used to, doing magic and focus attacks may be a bit frustrating at times tho. Also you have to stay within the circle or u lose life. Its also 100000 easier multiplayer, and some parts will frustrate u when ure by urself. (for example u run into 100000 monsters, and half of them can stun you). all in all, its really good, and if u played final fantasy before u should be patient enough for this game.

music is a typical final fantasy level... REALLy good

Quote:
B]please use spoiler tags[/B] for story and related things
theres a story??? theres really no story. ill tell you the basic story... even tho this is in the manual book

Spoiler:

yea that was long.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 04:50   Link #3
Evan
天使我爱你

yeah,but i heard that in order to play CC,u need to hav a GBA too,no?for the map and items viewing
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 08:53   Link #4
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
yeah,but i heard that in order to play CC,u need to hav a GBA too,no?for the map and items viewing

That's true to some degree, yet it's still possible to play the game without any major consequences. It just makes it a bit harder, which isn't bad at all imo.
The only thing that bugs me is that the game, while it's truly beautiful in any aspect, is too easy to beat.
Oh well, time to wait for Drakengard and Star Ocean 3^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 08:58   Link #5
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
if you want to play mulitplayer, you have to have a GBA for each person, otherwise you can play just fine w/o one. and each 'year' it seems that new areas open up.

my biggest complaint is it's kinda easy, i'm wondering if it's any harder in multiplayer than in single? (then again i just started w/ year 3 so maybe it does get harder?)
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 15:33   Link #6
DekaMaster
Banned

This game is only fun if you play Multiplayer. Single player is boring. This isn't a story driven game it is a sytem driven game.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 22:43   Link #7
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

single player is really fun.

For those of you who think this is easy... yea its pretty damn easy.... until u realize that there is a final boss.... if u didnt know that yet. There are objectives u have to acccomplish in the Lenari Desert in order to go to the final dungeon. I havent gone there yet in fear of the area, but supposedly ppl recommend u level up all ur character's stats and jobs so that u can get the ultimate equipments before u waltz in there.

btw, if u dont go in the final dungeon, the game goes on and on and on. Longer than that blasted bunny.
Old 2004-02-20, 11:03   Link #8
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I played it with two friends and I wasnt really impressed. It was beautiful and it sounded great but the action was just too tame. Especially after playing the more manic Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II and the more manic and actually difficult at times Champions of Norrath. I will give it another try this weekend though as my friend cant seem to stop playing it.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 23:50   Link #9
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I love FF games like everybody else but the reviews this game has been geting is not so hot. I have yet to play it but from reading the reviews I'm in no hurry.

Seems like this FF is the next mystic quest .
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 18:06   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I love FF games like everybody else but the reviews this game has been geting is not so hot. I have yet to play it but from reading the reviews I'm in no hurry.
Well, as a single player game, I can see why people would say it's "not so hot" compared to other Final Fantasies (which are, of course, meant for Single Player). But, as a multiplayer co-op game, FF:CC is probably one of the most fun games I've played in a while! Everything about this game works so well and makes a lot of sense when you've got three or four people playing together.

This isn't really the type of game that you "play to beat". As other people have said, although there is a story, it isn't really a story-driven RPG. It's really more about getting a bunch of people together and having a good time, I think. If you have played online RPG games, I think this compares closely except you're all in the same room (which can be a lot more fun and exciting). The closest game I can compare it to of the ones I've played is Phantasy Star Online (except it works a lot better than PSO's offline split-screen multiplayer).

So anyways, if you're expecting a game like FFX or FFX-2, you're going at it with wrong expectations and will probably be disappointed. But if you've got a few friends with GBAs who like RPGs, you may find that you like this game a lot for what it is.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 00:08   Link #11
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

[joke]i think making it multi wasnt a good idea.. i mean how many FF fans have 3 actual real friends?[/joke]

this game is pretty "complicated" when it comes to things outside of the battle. You dont really understand the story because there really isnt one. Getting the best equipment is a pain in the ass too.
Old 2004-02-23, 07:08   Link #12
Tritium
doaho...

pff finally back my isp closed down my connection... well only 17days left till ff:cc, and zoro i actually have 3 friends that play FF o.O;;
Old 2004-02-23, 11:15   Link #13
GipFace

Moolah

4 player is extremely fun, since everyone is underpowered ... hee hee! Our little playgroup is on year 2 right now, and I only have stats of 20/27/18/5 HP/6 Slots (original is 20/20/15/4 HP/4 Slots).
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 11:31   Link #14
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
pff finally back my isp closed down my connection... well only 17days left till ff:cc, and zoro i actually have 3 friends that play FF o.O;;
its a common joke over here in LA.

the joke is FF fans = nerds, and they play those games all day not going out with friends.
Old 2004-02-23, 11:50   Link #15
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy

Seems like this FF is the next mystic quest .
Hey! I liked Mystic Quest.
You take that back.
Old 2004-02-23, 12:48   Link #16
Tritium
doaho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
its a common joke over here in LA.

the joke is FF fans = nerds, and they play those games all day not going out with friends.
i wish i was a nerd then i would get higher grades at school...
i have one question do you have to play with a gba i'd rather play as a 2nd player with a gamecube joystick then with a small SP
Old 2004-02-23, 14:26   Link #17
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

If you are playing multiplayer then you have to use your sp. Its not as bad as it seems. It's actually quite comfortable and functional.
Old 2004-02-23, 22:09   Link #18
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
i wish i was a nerd then i would get higher grades at school...
i have one question do you have to play with a gba i'd rather play as a 2nd player with a gamecube joystick then with a small SP
nerd - socially inept. not super smart.

anyway, u can use GBA or the SP on multi (but it HAS to be one of the GBAs). Single player u can use the regular controller.

on another note: FFCC single player gets boring.... fast.
Old 2004-02-24, 16:02   Link #19
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
I've recently purchased this game. It is good gameplay wise, it has good music, but it lacks a majory aspect that makes me want to com back for more: Lack of strong story and basically no character development whatsoever. The game is pretty much a fancied up dungeon crawler like in the days gone by. There are other little things I could get into, like how some of the dungeons are a little short, but that would take far too much of my time. Overall I give this game a 6.5 out of 10. It was good, just not great and that's only my opinion. I know there are others who enjoy this sort of thing far more than me.
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 16:17   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Akuma
I've recently purchased this game. It is good gameplay wise, it has good music, but it lacks a majory aspect that makes me want to com back for more: Lack of strong story and basically no character development whatsoever. The game is pretty much a fancied up dungeon crawler like in the days gone by. There are other little things I could get into, like how some of the dungeons are a little short, but that would take far too much of my time. Overall I give this game a 6.5 out of 10. It was good, just not great and that's only my opinion. I know there are others who enjoy this sort of thing far more than me.
I assume you played this game in single player mode, right?

I have heard some suggest jokingly that they should have put "best played in multiplayer mode" in bold right on the box... maybe they were right. I seriously don't think that you can really understand this game unless you've tried the multiplayer mode. It all makes so much sense when four people are playing together, even the lack of a strong story. (It's designed so anyone can just pick up and join an existing game, even if they're new and haven't been playing all along. If there were a strong story, you'd feel like you'd need to restart from the beginning every time so you don't have to explain things to your friends.)

Anyway, if you get the chance at all, I really suggest trying to find some friends to play multiplayer with you. It's really what makes the game totally worthwhile, in my opinion.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote