AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 13:43   Link #1101
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
as stated earlier the little images were not accompanied by the usual effects it comes with.
And the to throw more doubt it was Nunnally who touch his hand.
She had some strange power that she can touch peoples hand and find out the truth.

LOOOOL OMG... I can't beleieve You actually say ThAT !
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:44   Link #1102
Z498

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
It's the girl from the swimming club that is in the episode with the Cupid's Hat.
Gracias
Z498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:44   Link #1103
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
LOL I don't understand Japanese ... I watched the subbed version.

And when did she exactly gave the code to Lelouch ?! and when did he transferred the code to Suzuki ? You know ... Code is not a Candy to just give it to anyone if you don't like it !
if it was this easy... C.c would have given her code to any random passing Person ! just to lift the curse of being an Immortal ! I'm sure its not that easy !
on the other hand Lelouch getting his code unknowingly from Charles actually makes sense ! There was PHYSICAL TOUCH between Lelouch and Charles and charles grabbed his neck with the Geass sign on the palm of his hand !
Don't believe this person.
People are simply speculating.
We have no idea what happen at the end.
All we know for now is that Lelouch is dead unless stated otherwise.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:45   Link #1104
AdvocatesConspirator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
LOL I don't understand Japanese ... I watched the subbed version.

And when did she exactly gave the code to Lelouch ?! and when did he transferred the code to Suzuki ? You know ... Code is not a Candy to just give it to anyone if you don't like it !
if it was this easy... C.c would have given her code to any random passing Person ! just to lift the curse of being an Immortal ! I'm sure its not that easy !
on the other hand Lelouch getting his code unknowingly from Charles actually makes sense ! There was PHYSICAL TOUCH between Lelouch and Charles and charles grabbed his neck with the Geass sign on the palm of his hand !
reread what I said
AdvocatesConspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:46   Link #1105
AdvocatesConspirator

He's not alive -.-
AdvocatesConspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:46   Link #1106
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
It's kind of like the ending for the Cowboy Bebop series

Spoiler for Cowboy Bebop ending:

I'm just going to wait a few days, and hopefully by then people will finally be over this argument

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:46   Link #1107
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
I wish they would have kept lelouch alive, so he can be with his sister and be the push his sisters instead of suzaku. im suprised they killed off the main character, but they had to kill off someone to get rid of the blame for the distruction of the world.
That would have been nice for many viewers as it would give happier ending. But I think for the sake of the story his death was needed, if he had lived then this would not be an atonement instead Lelouch would looked as a coward.
Overall I like how Code Geass ended both Suzaku and Lelouch got the punishment for their sins and and I was quite satisfied.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:47   Link #1108
Child_of_Sierra

So i'll ride the band wagon and argue that:

Lelouch is alive

why?

Lelouch was a stage master who planned ahead of everything. Both seasons have continuously demonstrated this fact. Zero's requiem was one such plan so that its conclusion, his death by zero, was not done by impulse.

The main goal of the plan was to have his emperor persona die after gathering the focus of hate of the world. Zero would then be considered a hero and at a prime position to once again guide people into peace.

My initial reaction after seeing the episode was where in this plan did it require for lelouch himself to die? Wouldn't faking his death and simply disappearing be equally effective? Who or what prevents this scenario from happening?

Who?
The big three: CC, Lelouch and Suzaku were conspirators in this plan. The idea that Lelouch should really die would have to come from them.

Lelouch: He made his stand about how he values his life when he rejected Charles' plan: "I want a tomorrow " so suicide no matter how guilty he feels should not be his answer.

CC : She refused Charles when she found someone who finally understood/loved her. Naturally in this path she would also want lelouch to live to be with her as she lives out her immortality Being the last geass user, Lelouch is also her only way out of immortality so having him die on her like that is something she would not consent to - alternative would be to eventually find some poor ambitious sap to trick into obtaining geass again.

Suzaku: who wanted revenge for euphemia was portrayed as someone who understood (after the events of killing 35million nins) that practicality must overcome emotion to create a better world.

This said, his alliance with lelouch was based on trust (that he needed lelouch to realize his goals) and not on the condition that he gets to kill him.

By the end of the series i felt that his two conspirators truly cared about lelouch so that even if they were aware that he won't die himself it was still a great tragedy that he would be remembered as a villian by so many and no longer able to be with those he loved the most (nunnaly). This explains why they were crying during the realization of zero's requiem.

What?
Cornelia, her knight, Nunnaly and many others survived situtations that people thought should have killed them with only small hints showing how these were possible. Surely if it was not suicide then lelouch, Suzaku and CC could have come up with something in 2months,. That and this particular sunrise show really seems to want people to live

Last edited by Child_of_Sierra; 2008-09-28 at 14:15.
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:48   Link #1109
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvocatesConspirator View Post
reread what I said
Inst that what you earlier wrote ?

CC gave the code to lelouch and lelouch gave it to suzaku when he was on the verge of death. As the "curse" Suzaku will live on forever and its his responsibility to keep peace on earth as the world of c desires. I don't understand how you all think he's still alive even after the subs came out

I believe I was answering this one
Old 2008-09-28, 13:49   Link #1110
Gt_max

Quote:
Don't believe this person.
LOOOOL... oh My...
Old 2008-09-28, 13:49   Link #1111
AceD
See You En' Tee

season 3 opening :- 10years later CC and Lelouch are living in the countryside when a great war breaks out....calling lelouch to take action and punish the world!

well its possible , i think its prolly over though.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:51   Link #1112
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Hasn't it been stated about 10000000000000000 times that the story is now over and done with? While an OVA or something to see how the characters are living sometime down the road (especially Nunnally and Suzaku, and CC as well) would be great, that's only in the fan's dreams

I'm curious to see if either of the head honchos in this will make another story (preferably not a tragedy, but I know that's asking too much from them)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:53   Link #1113
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
So i'll ride the band wagon and argue that:

Lelouch is alive

why?

Lelouch was a stage master who planned ahead of everything. Both seasons have continuously demonstrated this fact. Zero's requiem was one such plan so that its conclusion, his death by zero, was not done by impulse.

The main goal of the plan was to have his emperor persona die after gathering the focus of hate of the world. Zero would then be considered a hero and at a prime position to once again guide people into peace.

My initial reaction after seeing the episode was where in this plan did it require for lelouch himself to die? Wouldn't faking his death and simply disappering be equally effective? Who or what prevents this scenario from happening?

Who?
The big three CC, Lelouch and Suzaku were conspirators in this plan. The idea that Lelouch should really die would have to come from them.

Lelouch: He made his stand about how he values his life when he rejected Charles' plan: "I want a tomorrow " so suicide no matter how guilty he feels should not be his answer.

CC : She refused Charles when she found someone who finally understood/loved her. Naturally in this path she would also want lelouch to live to be with her as she lives out her immortality Being the last geass user, Lelouch is also her only way out of immortality so having him die on her like that is something she would consent to - alternative would be to eventually find some poor ambitious sap to trick into obtaining geass again.

Suzaku: who wanted revenge for euphemia was portrayed as someone who understood (after the events of killing 35million nins) that practicality must overcome emotion to create a better world.

This said, his alliance with lelouch was based on trust (that he needed lelouch to realize his goals) and not on the condition that he gets to kill him.

By the end of the series i felt that his two conspirators truly cared about lelouch so that even if they were aware that he won't die himself it was still a great tragedy that he would be remembered as a villian by so many and no longer able to be with those he loved the most (nunnaly) thereby explaining why they were crying during the realization of zero's requiem.

What?
Cornelia, her knight, Nunnaly and many others survived situtations that people thought should have killed them with only small hints showing how these were possible. Surely if it was not suicide then lelouch, Suzaku and CC could have come up with something in 2months,. That and this particular sunrise show really seems to want people to live
100% Agreed
Old 2008-09-28, 13:53   Link #1114
Z498

Lelouch is alive I think, not the way I wanted it to end in terms of the world hating him, but hey, you can't have everything right?
Old 2008-09-28, 13:54   Link #1115
TamaNeko

This would be an almost perfect ending except... What the hell happened to Sayoko? WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!

The last time we see her, she's in jail with Laksharta, but she's not with Orange or in the wedding picture, so...HOW COULD SUNRISE LEAVE OUT THE NINJA MAID?!
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:55   Link #1116
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z498 View Post
Lelouch is alive I think, not the way I wanted it to end in terms of the world hating him, but hey, you can't have everything right?
Hey, Lelouch got what he wanted, as did the rest of the world, all good in my book and if he has to live as a recluse in the countryside with his green-haired partner for possibly all eternity then its all good in my book

Anyway, I'm in agreement that extra materials are probably on the way in order to fill in the plot holes, Sayako, Nonnette, etc. so its something to look forward to for me anyway now that the series is over
Old 2008-09-28, 13:55   Link #1117
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko View Post
This would be an almost perfect ending except... What the hell happened to Sayoko? WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!

The last time we see her, she's in jail with Laksharta, but she's not with Orange or in the wedding picture, so...HOW COULD SUNRISE LEAVE OUT THE NINJA MAID?!
She is with Orange taking care of anya
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:57   Link #1118
Z498

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, Lelouch got what he wanted, as did the rest of the world, all good in my book and if he has to live as a recluse in the countryside with his green-haired partner for possibly all eternity then its all good in my book

Doubt they will just stay in the countryside
Old 2008-09-28, 13:57   Link #1119
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
She is with Orange taking care of anya
You know I liked that scene, they or at least he sort of adopted her which was cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z498 View Post
Doubt they will just stay in the countryside
Ah, you want me to add the cottage with Orange-kun and his plantation am I right?
Old 2008-09-28, 13:58   Link #1120
Carlos45

Code Geass is the best anime i've seen. I really enjoy seeing a person raise up like Light, and calling himself 'Justice' and plans on changing a whole world, and even though they lost so many people in the way, they both continued to fight, untill the end. Code Geass gets 9/10 off me, because i believed everything was going on too fast, they should of took their time.

I never really considered on joining a anime forum group, untill i watched code geass, and then i wanted to meet other people and view their point of view, but since the anime ended, I'll leaving, and thanks to everyone that made the forums interesting, and fun.
Carlos45 is offline   Reply With Quote