AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-21, 16:21   Link #21
Ending

Quote:
A spare blanket, same concept as the last one but there was some rule at my university about during breaks when they check rooms they couldn't look under anything covered with a blanket. Good for hiding anything in your room that you're not allowed to have *b4 thanksgiving, xmas, spring break). You're bound to have something
Sounds more like of an military-home than your own. Is it just the dorms in USA or do the universities have some etiquet about their students? Sounds pretty strange to me...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 09:05   Link #22
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Sounds more like of an military-home than your own. Is it just the dorms in USA or do the universities have some etiquet about their students? Sounds pretty strange to me...
During the breaks, you're required to unplug all your electronics, take out your trash, close\lock the windows, turn off the thermostat, and other such stuff. Before they close off the dorm they'll check everybody's room to make sure they did all that (to prevent burglarys or anything that could cost them money like the thermostat or electronics(or cause a fire)) and if they see anything that you're not allowed to have they'll leave you a notice when you return giving you a week to get rid of it. If it's anything more serious(like Jaz's mini-bar ) though it would be more than just a notice.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 09:39   Link #23
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
That's bout all I can think of; but best of luck to you. Oh, yes, and college isn't the best four years of your life, it's just another four years of high school.
What a depressing outlook. Not so for me—college is way better than high school was. Awesome friends, awesome first dorm year, decent second dorm year (my roommate and I had some spats, but other than that it was okay), and this year in the apartment is shaping up to be awesome.
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 13:32   Link #24
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
What a depressing outlook. Not so for me—college is way better than high school was. Awesome friends, awesome first dorm year, decent second dorm year (my roommate and I had some spats, but other than that it was okay), and this year in the apartment is shaping up to be awesome.
Yes, I'm having a lot of fun at college too! Its great and TOTALLY different from high school for me as well.

EDIT - And if you forget to bring something to college, it doesn't really matter. Everything can be bought after you get to school. Just don't shop at "campus" stores because they are a ripoff and overpriced. Go to a real supermarket or shop for things.

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-08-30 at 20:17.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 13:00   Link #25
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
What a depressing outlook.
First off, never said High School was bad, nor college. For me college was about the same as High School. I didn't feel any different and everyone around me seemed about the same as the people I knew in high school.

Also, I don't think the belief that the next 50 years of my life will be better than the previous four is all that depressing. After four years of college, everybody I know is very, ready to leave and looking forward to where they're going off to next. As chef would say on South Park, there's a time and place for everything and it's called College. Get your wild ways out during those four years and then move on to something better.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 15:21   Link #26
Ending

College is just another step in the ladder, I think, but like after high school; you're free as a bird after it.

(Just remember to pay your debts before leaving the country )
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:56   Link #27
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

OK, so I'm safely moved in. Everything went without a hitch, and I'm enjoying my second day of Frosh Orientation very much. Special thx to Diabolistic-- the 40-odd coat hangers I bought are definitely helping, and Kimura-sensei's Swiss-Army knife has done wonders in the unpacking process. Imazul's smile has also done great stuff-- I'm getting along fabulously with my roomies, so don't think that that was stupid to say ^^ (and Sanjuronord for the massive packing guide)...
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 21:43   Link #28
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Hows College Life so far ?

Well for many first time college students thanksgiving has just passed and the first semester will be coming to a end in a matter of weeks. My question simply is what do you guys think of your first semester so far, how wierd was it living on your own (Dorm life), what are some of the difference living at college, be it good, bad, or just plain out different. And i'am also curious if anyone plans to bail yet meaning drop out, I have always heard that many college students drop out within their first semester so if any of you have grown frustrated and are ready to head home lets hear about it.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 21:49   Link #29
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Why would you bail out ...man I could give anything to go back to college, sex,drugs and rock n roll were the day in college i miss the parties ..and the girls and the more naked girls .. WOW..i cant belive i graduated with a B.MATH degree ^_^ I went to more rave parties than to college :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Well for many first time college students thanksgiving has just passed and the first semester will be coming to a end in a matter of weeks. My question simply is what do you guys think of your first semester so far, how wierd was it living on your own (Dorm life), what are some of the difference living at college, be it good, bad, or just plain out different. And i'am also curious if anyone plans to bail yet meaning drop out, I have always heard that many college students drop out within their first semester so if any of you have grown frustrated and are ready to head home lets hear about it.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 21:50   Link #30
ff7799
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Why would you bail out ...man I could give anything to go back to college, sex,drugs and rock n roll were the day in college i miss the parties ..and the girls and the more naked girls .. WOW..i cant belive i graduated with a B.MATH degree ^_^
wow dude, are you a teacher now, I always wondered what became of people whom opted out to major in math.
Old 2004-11-26, 21:52   Link #31
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
well you work in microsoft dude, when you take a major in software engineering
math was my minor and party and sex were my electives

i will tell you a secret ..girls love math tutors ^_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
wow dude, are you a teacher now, I always wondered what became of people whom opted out to major in math.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 22:00   Link #32
ff7799
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
well you work in microsoft dude, when you take a major in software engineering
math is my minor and party and sex were my electives
Sir you have earned my everlasting respect, we can only hope more college students follow your example and make the most of their college years.

*Bows, in the presence of one who is truly enlightened*
Old 2004-11-27, 21:28   Link #33
xargon

edit edit edit edit edit edit

Last edited by xargon; 2011-09-25 at 21:02.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote