AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 03:55   Link #541
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Badly written so even when she does something wrong it ends up being right in the end*

Seriously Lacus and Kira are both mary sues, Kira is fine in SEED, but in destiny i can't stand him, at all. i flat out hated Lacus since the first time you saw her in SEED, nothing about her character makes sense, sure, she might be politically involved due to her father, but that much? and having that much power? no.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 05:00   Link #542
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
i flat out hated Lacus since the first time you saw her in SEED, nothing about her character makes sense, sure, she might be politically involved due to her father, but that much?
Again, not defending Lacus but, I have to point out that in the Philippines, a certain Aquino Family is somewhat parallel to the Clynes. Yes, Lacus is badly written, but it isn't really far-fetched for her to have a certain influence when there is already a subject named Kris Aquino who people here in the Philippines follow mindlessly, like sheep. and her influence stems from the fact that her father, the late Benigno Aquino Jr. was assassinated, and would later spark the people power revolution.

So I wouldn't really say it's farfetched, it's the process on how she gets to that position...that is facepalmingly crazy.
Old 2011-11-29, 08:53   Link #543
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Again, not defending Lacus but, I have to point out that in the Philippines, a certain Aquino Family is somewhat parallel to the Clynes. Yes, Lacus is badly written, but it isn't really far-fetched for her to have a certain influence when there is already a subject named Kris Aquino who people here in the Philippines follow mindlessly, like sheep. and her influence stems from the fact that her father, the late Benigno Aquino Jr. was assassinated, and would later spark the people power revolution.

So I wouldn't really say it's farfetched, it's the process on how she gets to that position...that is facepalmingly crazy.
heeey!! now that you mentioned it, you're right! I'm from the Philippines and people here love Kris Aquino.. i guess that makes sense as to why I'm a Lacus fan then
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 07:10   Link #544
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
This is also my gripe as well. Its how she stepped into that position that made me cringe. But in CE, the general populace are not the wisest in the AU verses so im not surprised.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:47   Link #545
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

How do you think how the audience would react if, during or prior to the movie being released, Lacus reveals that Siegel isn't her real father, and that she was related (although distantly related) to George Glenn?
Old 2011-12-04, 16:13   Link #546
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
How do you think how the audience would react if, during or prior to the movie being released, Lacus reveals that Siegel isn't her real father, and that she was related (although distantly related) to George Glenn?
That would be a very uninteresting reveal. I mean, so what if that's true? Siegel is still her legal guardian and it's not like George Glenn is of any importance to the main story beyond serving as a historical background.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 16:31   Link #547
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Trading one dead father to have another dead father's kind of a stupid move, story-wise.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:00   Link #548
rakusukira

i thought George Glenn was older than Siegel.... O.O
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 15:35   Link #549
23 gundam fan

was just watching gsd final plus the other day. the gs world deserves all the war they seem to get. the people on both sides believe whatever they are told by the higher ups and dont question anything. and now the plants are going to give all of there power to a 18 yr old pop star. WTH guys. somebody should strom the writers house on this ending.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:18   Link #550
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
was just watching gsd final plus the other day. the gs world deserves all the war they seem to get. the people on both sides believe whatever they are told by the higher ups and dont question anything. and now the plants are going to give all of there power to a 18 yr old pop star. WTH guys. somebody should strom the writers house on this ending.
Actually, no one really knows yet what that scene is about. And Lacus is more than just an 18 year old pop star.
Old 2011-12-08, 16:24   Link #551
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, no one really knows yet what that scene is about. And Lacus is more than just an 18 year old pop star.
Yup, Lacus is THE Virgin Mary of CE universe. .....Okay, scratch that 'virgin' part. Kira might already done her .
Old 2011-12-08, 16:29   Link #552
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nah, we would've seen it if he had. Lacus very likely is the type to save it for marriage, anyway.
Old 2011-12-08, 16:51   Link #553
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nah, we would've seen it if he had. Lacus very likely is the type to save it for marriage, anyway.

You should assume nothing when it comes to Lacus.
Old 2011-12-08, 16:59   Link #554
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because you really think that there are only orphan in the orphanage ? .... .....
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:06   Link #555
Washu-Chan