AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 15:37   Link #141
raziel12

i see so inori hair might have be originally white and when she was experminted on to be mana vessel it turned to a faded pink

Questions and my theories
Spoiler:

Last edited by raziel12; 2012-08-03 at 16:25.
raziel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:28   Link #142
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
i see so inori hair might have be originally white and when she was experminted on to be mana vessel it turned to a faded pink

Questions and my theories
Spoiler:
Just play the VN and see for yourself.
Also, there is absolutely NOTHING that hints at Shu having lost his powers in the end, if anything it's the opposite.
Meaning he gained more power.
He's not using his Void arm since he has no need for it.
Shu's blindness could also be due to a number of reasons.

GC timeline:
Meteor Lands on Earth - Lost Xmas - Guilty Crown first part - Princess of Deadpool - Guilty Crown second part
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 06:30   Link #143
Kakkou
Tch.

The theory that Inori and Overdose are Carol's children are at best speculation cause no where does either endings imply they survived. There's also the fact that Inori is pretty much a dead ringer for Mana, which leans more towards her being a sort of manufactured clone than Carol's child. Things like their dual toned hair does not explicitly imply blood relations and could simply be a design choice by the creators.

Actually, I don't even recall if it was said that she carried twins, except for that fucking disgusting void
Spoiler for VN spoiler regarding one of the voids:
Even during the big reveal she only used "children" when referring to the ones that have died and "child" otherwise.
Okay nvm, they're twins.

Anyway the VN was exciting and enjoyable. I kinda wished the plot didn't closely intertwine with Guilty Crown's events at points so that it could stand alone as a Nitro+ VN but alas. There's even a continuity error when it's shown that
Spoiler for Lost Xmas spoiler + anime scene comparison:

For those who are curious, here's some spoilers of events that intersect with the anime:
Spoiler for VN spoilers, beware.:

As for the Three Ghosts of Christmas:

Spoiler for Past - Major character spoilers:

Spoiler for Present - character spoiler:

Spoiler for Yet To Come - Major, MAJOR VN spoilers. Only read if you truly want to know.:

On an unrelated and un-spoilery note, Yuu keeps up the A Christmas Carol naming farce by calling himself Jacob Marley.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-10-06 at 22:33. Reason: Fixing a mistake I never corrected here.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 15:21   Link #144
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The theory that Inori and Overdose are Carol's children are at best speculation cause no where does either endings imply they survived. There's also the fact that Inori is pretty much a dead ringer for Mana, which leans more towards her being a sort of manufactured clone than Carol's child. Things like their dual toned hair does not explicitly imply blood relations and could simply be a design choice by the creators.

Actually, I don't even recall if it was said that she carried twins, except for that fucking disgusting void
Spoiler for VN spoiler regarding one of the voids:
Even during the big reveal she only used "children" when referring to the ones that have died and "child" otherwise.

Anyway the VN was exciting and enjoyable. I kinda wished the plot didn't closely intertwine with Guilty Crown's events at points so that it could stand alone as a Nitro+ VN but alas. There's even a continuity error when it's shown that
Spoiler for Lost Xmas spoiler + anime scene comparison:

For those who are curious, here's some spoilers of events that intersect with the anime:
Spoiler for VN spoilers, beware.:

As for the Three Ghosts of Christmas:

Spoiler for Past - Major character spoilers:

Spoiler for Present - character spoiler:

Spoiler for Yet To Come - Major, MAJOR VN spoilers. Only read if you truly want to know.:

On an unrelated and un-spoilery note, Yuu keeps up the A Christmas Carol naming farce by calling himself Jacob Marley.
Spoiler for :

Spoiler for On the subject of Inori's origins:
Old 2012-08-04, 18:34   Link #145
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I started this VN just now (i blame the customs for the delay) and i almost forgot how violent some of Nitroplus VN's are (eventhough lost christmas still look pretty tame in comparison with a few other VN's) and my first impressions are great. The atmosphere and mood are dark while it has the feel of guilt crown as well.

Also do the choices at the beginning (in the intro or at the facility) effect the story or ending or do they simply change the dialogue a little?

edit: i take it back that it looks pretty tame, it is actually pretty violent

Last edited by hyl; 2012-08-04 at 19:10.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:17   Link #146
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Spoiler for :

Spoiler for On the subject of Inori's origins:
Spoiler for reply to spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I started this VN just now (i blame the customs for the delay) and i almost forgot how violent some of Nitroplus VN's are (eventhough lost christmas still look pretty tame in comparison with a few other VN's) and my first impressions are great. The atmosphere and mood are dark while it has the feel of guilt crown as well.

Also do the choices at the beginning (in the intro or at the facility) effect the story or ending or do they simply change the dialogue a little?

edit: i take it back that it looks pretty tame, it is actually pretty violent
From my own playthrough it seems only the final choice affects the ending, the rest are mostly inconsequential and will just get you different dialogues and IIRC one of them gives you a different CG. The game wasn't kidding when it said "Your decisions are futile" at the beginning.
Old 2012-08-05, 06:10   Link #147
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Spoiler for reply to spoilers:

From my own playthrough it seems only the final choice affects the ending, the rest are mostly inconsequential and will just get you different dialogues and IIRC one of them gives you a different CG. The game wasn't kidding when it said "Your decisions are futile" at the beginning.
Here it is.
Quote:
「そうよ。スクルージ。この子たちが最後の精霊」
Spoiler for cont:

And there is one choice that will unlock the path that leads to TRUE END at the beginning of the game, if you don't choose it you're stuck with the Normal End no matter what.

Last edited by amtro; 2012-08-05 at 06:22.
Old 2012-08-05, 07:54   Link #148
Kakkou
Tch.

[QUOTE=amtro;4290625]Here it is.

Spoiler for cont:

Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
And there is one choice that will unlock the path that leads to TRUE END at the beginning of the game, if you don't choose it you're stuck with the Normal End no matter what.
Ah, now that I think about it, it's the very first choice, isn't it?
Old 2012-08-05, 09:22   Link #149
amtro
Distro

[QUOTE=Kakkou;4290739]
Quote:
Here it is.

Spoiler for cont:

Spoiler for reply:

Ah, now that I think about it, it's the very first choice, isn't it?
Twins most likely are exception to that rule since
Spoiler for anime and LN spoilers:

If anyone can teach me how to rip text from LN scans I can make a text script for PoD
Old 2012-08-05, 09:31   Link #150
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh...at last...finally got this. Long since I played a Nitro+ game since Muramasa...Please let this be of the quality that GC should have been...
Old 2012-08-07, 05:58   Link #151
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
If anyone can teach me how to rip text from LN scans I can make a text script for PoD
You can just use FineReader - it's latest versions support Japanese language.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 06:06   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does opting to flee from the guards when you first wake in the facility change anything?

Damn Carol....she trumps every other girl in GC already....only one who comes close is Mana...
Old 2012-08-07, 06:17   Link #153
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Does opting to flee from the guards when you first wake in the facility change anything?
I don't think so. Both choices still lead to the same scene after. Most of the choices are inconsequential. I suspect only the very first choice determines if you can get the True End as an option at the end.

Quote:
Damn Carol....she trumps every other girl in GC already....only one who comes close is Mana...
Pretty much all the LostX characters >>>> GC's characters. They're monsters that make the GC characters look like babies.
Old 2012-08-07, 06:21   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True...but I was saying also in the "more loveable" department.

The anime's characters pale as characters compared to them...what happened in the writing of the anime...
Old 2012-08-07, 06:27   Link #155
Kakkou
Tch.

I think the smaller cast in LostX is one of the reasons. I ended up feeling more for Scrooge, Carol and even Past (Oh god when Past's identity was revealed...) in that one day I spent playing the VN than 22 episodes did for the anime cast. With the already tacky writing going on, a large cast was the last thing Guilty Crown needed and made it really hard to care for them when they were all over the place.
Old 2012-08-07, 06:35   Link #156
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Did the anime crew not create this game too? Or was Haganeya Jin purely writing with only Nitro+ behind him?
Old 2012-08-07, 06:43   Link #157
Kakkou
Tch.

Jin Haganeya wrote the scripts for a few eps of the anime and I recall reading somewhere he was also partly involved in the writing but otherwise the anime composition was handled by Hiroyuki Yoshino and Ichiro Okouchi. Whatever bit of involvement he had was likely really small cause his version of one event that also occurred in the anime is inconsistent.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:54   Link #158
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
BTW LC was written not only by Haganeya, but also by Norimitsu Kaihou (who wrote the script for OVA too).
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:58   Link #159
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hey...he wrote Jingai Makyou LN according to that link...never knew that had a novel...
Old 2012-08-07, 10:10   Link #160
Bern-san

Quote:

Carol is too awesome, specially when she makes jokes.