Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 23:51   Link #2981
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Aw, thank you.

I'm guessing you're very selective with the storylines your characters follow? Like your mage going only to the mage's college and no other guild?
Absolutely... On my first runthroughs with characters, my assassin never even followed the Alduin storyline, never joined the legion/stormcloaks, she assassinated the emperor, and made a hobby of Thalmor slicing. Joining the Companions made no sense and she just ignored most of Riften because the game wouldn't let her kill the Black-briars. My warrior loathed magic... why would she join the Mage college?

So basically, each character would run through 3 or 4 major subplots, it usually evolved organically based on the personality and skills.

Thanks for the links but if I remember right, each of those is a single full outfit not just lower pants. I have the Dark Wind pant sets (shorts, one leg, both legs) but they're a bit shiny though I'm just using them for now.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13528

They're for UNP but they work pretty well for CBBE, especially if you use tall boots (like the Triss boots).

The Leah mod and the Khantu mod have a lot of parts coupled with Triss and Dark Wind to assemble a unique look for rogue/mage types.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16963
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16397

I'm okay with shorts for a mage or rogue... but some sort of lightly armored pants/skirt (scale or chain) is what I'm seeking for a warrior.... there's just so many mods now it is daunting to plow through them and the search tags don't really help me narrow it down.

I don't necessarily like some of modder brokefoot's pieces but I really like that he's separated them out to 6, 9, or more pieces so you can assemble a special look. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/3575696

This outfit is one of my favorites for traveling through snowbound territory:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13366 ("warchief package")
It's not separated like the rest but it looks good on almost any figure (its actually cutely dangerous looking on my modified Lydia)

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-08-11 at 00:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 00:29   Link #2982
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

No lie but CBBE is freaking awesome. Too bad it doesn't work too well with other armor/clothing mods. If you're 18+ I'd recommend getting the nude CBBE mod and the "bouncy" mod with it (just search for CBBE at skyrim nexus and look up all the optional mods that go with it). It makes my follower's outfit "realistic" if you know what I mean (she's not completely nude, just is wearing er, skimpy clothing, so to speak in addition to CBBE haha). I'd love to post a screenshot but not sure if that'd be allowed

Just thought I'd post a major opinion on Dawnguard (no spoilers of course). Overall, the story was pretty good, but I personally don't think it was worth my $20 alone. I have over a 100 mods (I'm always surprised I haven't encountered any major problems with having so many mods using both Steam workshop and skyrim nexus) which I feel made it worth the price, probably more. If any of you are contemplating on getting it, the mods will make it worth the price. I just simply made a new character and hit lvl 10 and started it. I rushed through it, I just wanted to go for the plot so I hardly even played the original Skyrim. I'll be doing a 2nd turn doing the opposite faction but play the entire skyrim with it as well (in other words, this mage character will truly be my "main" character).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 05:30   Link #2983
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
I feel like I wrote everything for nothing.
Shame on me, sorry. Thank you for the information, saying its worth the money I went on steam and bought it. However I wont be able to play it for a while.
Old 2012-08-11, 05:56   Link #2984
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Interesting...I just finished the Volkihar side of the campaign,
Spoiler:

Well, I guess I'll do the Dawnguard version of the campaign this time, though I'm not really enthused by the thought of having to do the entire Forgotten Vale (I hate the Falmer and I often got lost) and Soul Cairn parts all over again. >_<

BTW, Skyrim was never really scary IMHO, but Dawnguard did have some hair-raising moments for me - namely with those gargoyles that suddenly spring to life once you get too close to them...
Old 2012-08-11, 06:29   Link #2985
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

The Falmer caves always give me a couple of chills, because of the way they move around, so sneakily through the caves.
Old 2012-08-11, 18:26   Link #2986
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Ak3mi
Same here. I never found Skyrim to be scary at all until Dawnguard. I do have a "realistic" lighting mod that makes things super dark too.

Picture of my level 34 "rogue" after finishing Dawnguard questline (vampiric side)

Spoiler for SLIGHT VISUAL SPOILER FOR DAWNGUARD:

Last edited by barcode120x; 2012-08-11 at 23:03.
Old 2012-08-11, 19:29   Link #2987
Mayushii

Put in about 130 hours or so on Skyrim so far, and it's the best Elder Scrolls game I've played... I mean the combat is still pretty awful as far as good combat mechanics go, and the world is extremely shallow but you don't get the feeling of exploration and excitement when you find a new place in other games.

I'm somewhat annoyed that Dawnguard is costing half the price of the base game as well. What the hell? If it was an expansion like the Shivering Isles were for Oblivion, then maybe it's understandable but from what I gather the content isn't worth the price...
Mayushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:36   Link #2988
sa547
*Author

^
The user-made mods makes the game more worthwhile than just plain vanilla.
Old 2012-08-11, 19:39   Link #2989
Mayushii

I've got a lot of mods for vanilla, which REALLY makes the game better. The interface is fixed, I've got a better lighting mod and darker nights and a whole load of other stuff. Maybe I'll catch Dawnguard in a sale or something, but it's a shame because I really wanted to use a crossbow :P
Old 2012-08-11, 20:07   Link #2990
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Shame on me, sorry. Thank you for the information, saying its worth the money I went on steam and bought it. However I wont be able to play it for a while.
Don't worry about it, I was joking. If you get something out of it, awesome; if not, I'm sure someone else will. If not... I'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayushii View Post
I've got a lot of mods for vanilla, which REALLY makes the game better. The interface is fixed, I've got a better lighting mod and darker nights and a whole load of other stuff. Maybe I'll catch Dawnguard in a sale or something, but it's a shame because I really wanted to use a crossbow :P
Oh my god, crossbows... I just go fangirl silly everytime I get to use one. The tradeoffs I have to make compared to using regular bows are near negligible.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:17   Link #2991
Mayushii

I just love the idea of crossbows really
I'm hopeful that they put out some really good expansions packed with reasonable content.
Old 2012-08-11, 23:02   Link #2992
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayushii View Post
I'm somewhat annoyed that Dawnguard is costing half the price of the base game as well. What the hell? If it was an expansion like the Shivering Isles were for Oblivion, then maybe it's understandable but from what I gather the content isn't worth the price...
True that. Don't think I'll say that my $20 was well worth spent, but I'm at least satisfied. Go mods!

Old 2012-08-11, 23:30   Link #2993
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, I don't think they put a lot of thought into the price point.... what I'm seeing is about $10-$15... maybe.... compared with other game expansions (like the Dragon Age mini packs, for example)

OTOH... I'm having a pretty good time running through the old stuff in combination with the new stuff and my mod choices.
Old 2012-08-12, 11:39   Link #2994
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Is there a trick to get the Vamp Lord ground mode to 'feed' more reliably so it can level up? I find the flying version far more effective so far, it'd be nice if you could vet perks for it while being out of that form by biting people to, but oh well. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. To me there seems to be to much of a disconnect between that form and human mode, play one to much the other stagnates, but the vampire form seems a bit superior though... But that is most likey the mod I have.

Is there somewhere that lists how many kills you need for perk points? Cause not knowing annoys me.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:34   Link #2995
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Is there a trick to get the Vamp Lord ground mode to 'feed' more reliably so it can level up? I find the flying version far more effective so far, it'd be nice if you could vet perks for it while being out of that form by biting people to, but oh well. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. To me there seems to be to much of a disconnect between that form and human mode, play one to much the other stagnates, but the vampire form seems a bit superior though... But that is most likey the mod I have.

Is there somewhere that lists how many kills you need for perk points? Cause not knowing annoys me.
it took me a while on Werewolf, but then again I tore every thing to a pile of meat in a mear seconds and chewed on 10 corpses, and I can feed of animals too. Not so sure about Vampires.

Quote:
Aw, thank you.

I'm guessing you're very selective with the storylines your characters follow? Like your mage going only to the mage's college and no other guild?

My first character (a lengthy but cliched story, since I did a lot and it's my most complete profile), without the Dawnguard storyline, since I'll wait until most people are done with it before posting spoilers:
Spoiler for saving space:

My second character is a Breton paladin (I picked mainly because of the 25% passive spell resist because I'm a stat-whore for the most part). He's the leader of the Companions (purged of his beast blood) and would have joined the Mage's College, but upon meeting that one NPC who insisted that the other mages talk behind her back about Restoration, decided against it, as he agreed with her but didn't want to put up with such petty discrimination. And now he's off to join the Dawnguard, ready to bash some vampire faces in.

And in regards to a leather pants mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5135

or

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5027
I don't know how you even come up with a tiny story, I'm too lazy or something XD
Old 2012-08-12, 12:38   Link #2996
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

I use a mod that puts a ton of "random npcs" in the wild, weak or strong which could help you out in leveling up vampire perks. Afaik, there's not way to see how many kills you need for the next "level". It's called "more npcs in the wild" or something like that at the steam workshop if you wanna check it out. I just go by the exp bar xP

Old 2012-08-12, 16:52   Link #2997
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I don't know how you even come up with a tiny story, I'm too lazy or something XD
I used to do a lot of writing when I was younger. I just rip a lot of stuff from movies and stories nowadays. I was watching Batman when I decided to make my Imperial an orphan. Ideas are easy; it's typing/writing them up that are a pain.

I could just easily make an Argonian character right now and make him out to be a skooma addict (based off that addicted worker in Riften) and have him stalking the khaajit caravans for more skooma, but because of his/her intoxication, got lost stumbled into a ditch and on top of the Legion group that captured the Stormcloaks. That idea just came to mind typing my response. If I really wanted to role play with that character, I'd download one of the basic needs immersion mods and constantly be drunk/high off alto wine/skooma.

Or a Khajiit who was captured by slave traders and sold to some human royalty because they wanted an adorable neko kitty. They tried to have him spayed and neutered, but he wouldn't have none of that and ran off. Because of that experience, he has a fierce vendetta against anyone who has a sword, dagger or axe. Which is pretty much everyone. Oh, and he hates dogs.

Last edited by Who; 2012-08-12 at 17:25.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:08   Link #2998
Alchemist007
*Author

Only just started playing the game, feels a little slow combat wise coming as a FPS player (particularly having played New Vegas for a long ass time). The graphics definitely blow that away though. I've always been big on mods, have like 20 running on FONV alone. I guess I'll be doing a vanilla run before modding it up.
Old 2012-08-12, 19:40   Link #2999
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I guess I'll be doing a vanilla run before modding it up.
I suggest getting the mods for the better Skyrim User Interface and the one that gives clearer roads, at the very least. They don't change anything in the main missions, and they make the experience somewhat better, ESPECIALLY the UI mod, as the default UI is configured for console users.
Old 2012-08-12, 20:08   Link #3000
Alchemist007
*Author

I certainly noticed that much.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim