AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 10:29   Link #5721
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IMO Philadelphia should start evaluating players for next year. Who needs stay, who has to go, and who to cut rather then give them more money.
The Raiders need to start doing that as well. Getting rid of the dead wood (Matt Giordano, Rolando McClain, The Zone Blocking scheme), while keeping what works well (Pretty much the entire offense, and Michael Huff on Defense), and figuring out what to draft or sign (A Bell-cow RB and a the best damn DB that the Raiders can afford should be at the top of the list)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:53   Link #5722
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The Raiders need to start doing that as well. Getting rid of the dead wood (Matt Giordano, Rolando McClain, The Zone Blocking scheme), while keeping what works well (Pretty much the entire offense, and Michael Huff on Defense), and figuring out what to draft or sign (A Bell-cow RB and a the best damn DB that the Raiders can afford should be at the top of the list)
Yes, I think so too. It looks like you, Bill Romanowski, and I all agree that's what needs to happen now!

I agree on some, but not all. He was good last year, but not so much this year.
THAT REALLY NEEDS TO GO!!! AND THE OC WHO BROUGHT IT TO OAKLAND!!

The O line needs some work, but not as much as defence and secondary. DMC will be on his last year of his contract next year. He is a great, explosive, and productive player if he can stay healthy. More then likely they may want to trade him before his contract is up.(I just hope it is outside division and conference)
For some picks, maybe.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-11-19 at 18:04.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 21:34   Link #5723
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes, I think so too. It looks like you, Bill Romanowski, and I all agree that's what needs to happen now!

I agree on some, but not all. He was good last year, but not so much this year.
THAT REALLY NEEDS TO GO!!! AND THE OC WHO BROUGHT IT TO OAKLAND!!

The O line needs some work, but not as much as defence and secondary. DMC will be on his last year of his contract next year. He is a great, explosive, and productive player if he can stay healthy. More then likely they may want to trade him before his contract is up.(I just hope it is outside division and conference)
For some picks, maybe.
I think DMC should stay, he just needs a more reliable backup than Mike Goodson and Taiwan Jones. (Which is why I think that trading away Michael Bush was the stupidest thing The Raiders did last season.) And I don't think the D-Line needs that much overhauling, as it's the awful Secondary that's making them look worse than they are.

EDIT: Watching the Niners kick the Bears's sorry asses.

Last edited by FDW; 2012-11-19 at 21:44.
Old 2012-11-19, 21:35   Link #5724
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Holy flock...only early in the 2nd quarter and the 49ers are already up 17-0 on the Bears! Man, Harbaugh must really be on a mission today after what happened against the Rams.
Old 2012-11-20, 04:19   Link #5725
sky black swordman

Quote:
I think DMC should stay, he just needs a more reliable backup than Mike Goodson and Taiwan Jones. (Which is why I think that trading away Michael Bush was the stupidest thing The Raiders did last season.) And I don't think the D-Line needs that much overhauling, as it's the awful Secondary that's making them look worse than they are.

EDIT: Watching the Niners kick the Bears's sorry asses.
Well the problem is can we keep him after next year.
How much will money be needed to keep him. Sure they tag him while they work out a deal with him.
And they did not trade Michael Bush, they could not afford to keep him so they let him go.

And I was empressed with job the back QB of the 49ers did against the Bears.
Old 2012-11-20, 06:44   Link #5726
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

49ers victory was as much an indication of how solid their O-line is verus how bad Chicago's is. San Francisco spend three first round picks on the OL. Chicago spend next to nothing on it. Any wonder why Cutler or Campbell gets beaten out of order?

Until Chicago gets a proper OL, it doesn't matter what they load up the other positions with. Brady and Manning get miffed with getting sacked once? Imagine them taking the amount of hits Cutler does.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:39   Link #5727
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
49ers victory was as much an indication of how solid their O-line is verus how bad Chicago's is. San Francisco spend three first round picks on the OL. Chicago spend next to nothing on it. Any wonder why Cutler or Campbell gets beaten out of order?

Until Chicago gets a proper OL, it doesn't matter what they load up the other positions with. Brady and Manning get miffed with getting sacked once? Imagine them taking the amount of hits Cutler does.
The Niners O-Line may have looked impressive here, but it can be rather leaky at times too.
Old 2012-11-20, 12:30   Link #5728
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Granted, but put up against the rest of the league, it is one of the more consistent ones. It's far better than the ones the Jets, Eagles, Bears and Cardinals have.

From memory, Chicago was 7-3 last season when Cutler was lost for the rest of the season and they finished up 8-8 and missed the playoffs. Seriously hope for the sake of Chicago fans that it doesn't happen again.
Old 2012-11-20, 12:45   Link #5729
GDB

They're already saying Cutler is looking good for being back this week. And if not, he'd almost be guaranteed for the week after. It wasn't a season ending injury at all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:26   Link #5730
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Dallas continues it's stomach churning ride...OT against Cleveland?

REALLY!?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:22   Link #5731
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They're already saying Cutler is looking good for being back this week. And if not, he'd almost be guaranteed for the week after. It wasn't a season ending injury at all.
And Alex is also going to be back against the Saints this Sunday. Everyone will shut up about Kaep because Alex is going to throw for 300+ yards against the shitty Saints D.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:40   Link #5732
Kyuu
=^^=

DA BEARS are who we thought they were...

;.;

;.;

;.;
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:42   Link #5733
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Brady and Manning get miffed with getting sacked once? Imagine them taking the amount of hits Cutler does.
Don't need to imagine for Manning, take a look at his 2010 season. Which, as everyone knows, resulted in him needing off-season major neck surgery and ending his career as a Colt.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:42   Link #5734
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
DA BEARS are who we thought they were...

;.;

;.;

;.;
Don't worry, you're about to enjoy the insanity that is the NFC Wild Card race.
Old 2012-11-20, 22:50   Link #5735
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
And Alex is also going to be back against the Saints this Sunday. Everyone will shut up about Kaep because Alex is going to throw for 300+ yards against the shitty Saints D.
Nope. They'll all say "Well it was just the Saints defense".

By the way, haven't seen Dark Wing Duck around or whatever his name was this season. I wonder why.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 23:58   Link #5736
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wingdarkness or something? Well we know why - Atlanta is 9-1 and Who Dat are Payton-less.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:02   Link #5737
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wing hasn't posted on the site itself for over a month.

Saints aren't exactly dead in the water right now, though. . . they're one of the hottest teams in the league.

A 5-5 team in playoff contention after a 0-4 start can't really be ignored.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 01:05   Link #5738
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Consider it part of the NFC Wildcard Insanity, since Dallas is also 5-5 and feasibly could be 7-5 in two weeks.
Old 2012-11-21, 03:01   Link #5739
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Nope. They'll all say "Well it was just the Saints defense".
Maybe, but all the local sports pundits haven't gotten over the fact that we're never going to have another Joe Montana for a long time. But GARbaugh is savvy enough to know that starting another QB controversy is a bad, given how many fucking QB controversies (Jeff Garcia, the quirky mini boss squad that backed up Alex pre-2011) the Niners have gone through in recent years, and the horrible effects that it had on the team. That said, I really don't think Kaep really has a long-term future with the Niners if Alex keeps playing at his current level, even though he's starter quality.
Old 2012-11-21, 03:26   Link #5740
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It's hard to speculate what happens to those backups. It seemed certain Matt Flynn would be the main one at Seattle pre-draft but Russel Wilson is still their starter and there hasn't been much reason to take it away from him. Makes one wonder what Flynn's purpose is at all considering the guaranteed value of his contract.

Tags
american football, sports