AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 17:55   Link #2841
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol Dai still plays the loltracktor.
Old 2013-02-15, 18:03   Link #2842
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My first Top Gun with this kitty so far...

I find that I'm doing much better with the Tiger I now than I did in my previous account, where I only saw the Tiger I as a stepping stone to the Tiger II. I find that my time playing medium tanks and the T20 has allowed me to grasp the Tiger II's playstyle better, and so far I've been doing quite well with this tank. Still need to get the top engine and tracks though, since I went for the gun first.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:04   Link #2843
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
lol Dai still plays the loltracktor.
What? Not sure what you have been drinking.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:09   Link #2844
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
BTW Q, are you the only one that can invite people to the clan?
No, besides me, UTE_UTE_UTE, wilhelmson, and 12ice can all invite. But who else needs an inviting? I can get to it right away.

Speaking of which, where the hell are you, 12ice?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:34   Link #2845
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Finally unlocked IS-3, now I need the god damn 3mil credits to buy it and put equipment on it. I'll use the KV-4 crew, because it has 2 skills and isn't so hard to get them to 100%
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:42   Link #2846
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What? Not sure what you have been drinking.
i'm quite sober, but looking at your service record it looks like you still had the Ltracktor, although I have no proof of that assumption.
Old 2013-02-15, 18:42   Link #2847
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Finally unlocked IS-3, now I need the god damn 3mil credits to buy it and put equipment on it. I'll use the KV-4 crew, because it has 2 skills and isn't so hard to get them to 100%
Congrats. You won't regret the IS-3... it is one of the best Tier 8s. Packs a punch, highly agile and very difficult to pen from up front.

Of course, the aim sucks, you get only 4 crews and angling on this puppy is very difficult due to its unique shape. Oh, and please don't try to ram a KT with this.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-15, 18:46   Link #2848
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Tak

I definitely don't want to regret it again, and because it shares some common modules with the IS is an advantage, unlike the KV-4 that needed all his modules to be investigated appart.
Old 2013-02-15, 18:50   Link #2849
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Welcome to the club of being broke XD.
Old 2013-02-15, 19:08   Link #2850
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Welcome to the club of being broke XD.
Nah, still not broke. Gotta farm with the IS on the night. I'm making like 40k on credits in a good battle because of the weekend.
Old 2013-02-15, 19:23   Link #2851
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

that event for pz4, stug, panther, and IS. plus 1 day premium if u haven't used it yet. well i won't be on till late tomorrow night or until sunday, prolly the first, need to farm free xp wit my gold doing dailies.

that way i can research everything on the 103 in less than 48 hrs maybe.

still need to buy premium so I get more credits, plus event. hmmm. i guess i'll refill premium on sunday. event ends monday 3 pst/ noon est.
Old 2013-02-15, 19:23   Link #2852
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
@Tak

I definitely don't want to regret it again, and because it shares some common modules with the IS is an advantage, unlike the KV-4 that needed all his modules to be investigated appart.
Oh yeah, did I mention its like... 5x better than the IS? Especially with the upgraded gun? Nevermind that its actually slightly faster than the IS with the same engine!!

Unlike their German counterparts, which remain at a steady 30 kph (or 28 in case of the KT), IS tanks only go faster, and faster, and faster as the tier progresses...

- Tak

Old 2013-02-15, 20:47   Link #2853
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Tak

Yeah, I know. That's one of the reasons why I fell in love with the IS-3 and IS-7. IS-8 is a step backwards to the line.
Old 2013-02-16, 02:33   Link #2854
Gravitas Free Zone

My session tonight finished in the decently-positive winrate range and some good MUP platoon work.

It started out really aggravating, though, with this Hetzer game that had 10-year-old-level trash talk for the entire fifteen minutes, the last eight of which were me (alone) versus nine players, and the last six of which were a staring contest between me (still alone) versus the enemy's A-20 and two SPGs, which hid after I squished their one-at-a-time push to my capture point. And I was patient enough to wait for the draw, even though people on my team were giving away my grid position.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Then there was this game, where I lost my commander, radio operator, and driver to SPG fire. Two things in my favor: I used the health pack on the commander, and the KV-1's commander has Jack of All Trades, so the tank wasn't totally useless. Also, I got lucky and one-shotted the 10% StuG on the enemy flag with a single 57mm APCR, while it was staring right at me and I had about 50 HP left.

Images

Finally there's this eight-kill catharsis.

Images

If you watch the replay, I really was trying to flank rush the enemy M6 Heavy, but ended up wasting some time trying to beat up their lights when there turned out to be a whole nest of them on my flank. I think the walking-speed Covenator ram is kinda funny, at least.

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 03:04   Link #2855
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

IS-8 does run pretty damn fast though, quite a bit more than you'd expect from such a honking big tank.

But agreed, the IS-3 is one of, if not THE best Tier VIII heavy in the game. Put a Vertical Stabilizer on it, train the Smooth Ride-Snap Shot combo, and it can surprise you with some successful shots on the move.

And as for its pike armour... it just means you don't bother angling. Point your nose at the enemy, and charge him.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 03:15   Link #2856
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

finally finish my dailies. but lost 40k in the process for my T32. well i still need abuot 1.5 mil for the 103.

won't be back on till saturday night est. laters.
Old 2013-02-16, 03:30   Link #2857
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-02-16, 10:00   Link #2858
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

^ That's great!
Old 2013-02-16, 10:34   Link #2859
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For the E-50/E-50M tankers here:

FTR Blog: E50/E50M old depression will return in following test round

Old 2013-02-16, 10:58   Link #2860
Blaat

The left most second from the bottom panel reminds me of nearly every Serene Coast game.

Anyway there is a 50% discount on the Wolverine on the EU servers, so I decided to check it out selling my T40 (another Tier IV tank I liked and the first TD I enjoyed). My first reaction was 'what's the point of having a turret on a TD when the turret traverse speed is so damn slow'. It seems to me you're better off turning the tank in some situations.

On my IS I got the 122 mm D-25T, a 10.6s reload time on the derp, yes please. I also got the 8,8 cm KwK 43 L/71 on the Tiger. I can honestly say I find the gun underwhelming, the damage is pathetically low for Tier 7. The penetration is good though.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks