AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 12:53   Link #2861
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Spoiler:
Something like that happened to me last night when playing my KV-2
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 13:28   Link #2862
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Looks like my fourteen hours of prayer and sacrifice (while asleep) worked wonders.

And that comic is what Girls und Panzer should've been like.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 13:41   Link #2863
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So, this happened when I turned the corner I was rushing to on that hill in Himmelsdorf Encounter:

I just had to take a screenshot due to how hilarious the positioning was, despite my imminent demise afterwards

In non-related news, the Tier III Sexton which is available only to select players on the Test Servers, appears to be, for lack of a better word, sex :

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 14:20   Link #2864
Gravitas Free Zone

Grid square eraser!
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 15:22   Link #2865
Pen3

Ace Tanker get! After 35 games.
Spoiler for Size:

Spoiler for Size:

My next purchase will be AMX50 120 i am already at 145k research points on it. Shares the same 120mm gun and radio as the TD so all i need to research on it is last engine and tracks. My AMX13 90 is still a long way to Lorraine though.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-02-16 at 16:07.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 17:48   Link #2866
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Spartan IS

Spoiler:

I posted the replay on the group. Just see it
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 18:38   Link #2867
willx
Nyaaan~~

ETA ~12 hours until I get home from Vancouver and get to tank again! Serious withdrawal going on here folks.. There's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by the tears of my enemies!
Old 2013-02-16, 19:07   Link #2868
Gravitas Free Zone

This game... went well.

My plan is still to sell the KV-1S and move the crew to the IS, though. I think I may have begun to grok the 122mm D-2-5T, but I still kinda dislike the thing it's attached to.

Images
I wonder what my team was doing?

Old 2013-02-16, 19:22   Link #2869
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
This game... went well.

My plan is still to sell the KV-1S and move the crew to the IS, though. I think I may have begun to grok the 122mm D-2-5T, but I still kinda dislike the thing it's attached to.

Images
I wonder what my team was doing?
So how are you finding the KV-1S anyhow? I already have the thing researched, and am planning to go up the IS line from there, so I'd like to ask for some input.

As an aside, FINALLY said goodbye to my T20 to usher in my recently completed goal: the M26 Pershing. Used free exp to get the top engine, and quite unlike my experience with the T20 where it felt sluggish despite the track upgrade, the M26 with stock tracks really feels rather nimble, and unlike its predecessor it withstands hits well. Need more games before I can give a definitive verdict, but I'm liking what I see of the Pershing so far, and it's making me glad for my decision to go up the American Medium line.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-02-16, 19:31   Link #2870
Pen3

If they were any decent players you would've died in city. That ARL and 1S was pretty stupid and I wonder why they were all camping in the city.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:29   Link #2871
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
If they were any decent players you would've died in city. That ARL and 1S was pretty stupid and I wonder why they were all camping in the city.
Well, as long as you make fewer mistakes than your opponent does... the ARL should have hosed me on ROF alone, but decided to sit there.

The KV-1S always felt weird to me. The final 85mm didn't seem very reliable and while my hit percentages for the 122mm D-2-5T were good, that was because as much as possible I would only shoot when a hit was assured (from there the stupidly-high damage tends to mask aiming error). It's not terrifically well-armored for tier 6, but it is at least fast enough to get around (and hide while reloading). So... not really balanced, really good at some things, merely average in others.

Did make good XP and reasonable money, and I'm getting to the IS in under 100 battles.
Old 2013-02-16, 21:16   Link #2872
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Pen3 hows the client going along? You still crashing? Did you get any replies from WG?

I might be able to get M103 by Sunday if not tonight.
Old 2013-02-17, 03:23   Link #2873
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

its a good thing I didn't grind on the T32, that thing eats money like how the Chinese yuan is devalued. free xped more than half of it, still need to unlock the last engine and turret for the M103.

still need about 4 mil, plus another 2 mil for equips.
Old 2013-02-17, 10:58   Link #2874
Gravitas Free Zone

Further observations for LoweGear: Getting to the IS after the KV-1S: I have the 122mm on the IS now, but not the final engine or suspension. At this point the IS feels much more sluggish than the fully-upgraded KV-1S did (though it'll never be as fast as the KV-1S), but that will probably help keep me out of the troubles that I had in the -1S when I would reach the front line first despite not wanting to.

Armor does seem to be somewhat bouncier.

Album of some recent matchmaking follies. All tier 4! All tier 5! Anglo-Soviet invasion! All tier 6 with a cherry on top!
Old 2013-02-17, 11:04   Link #2875
Sumeragi
Banned

Endless Knackwurst needs to join us in the higher tiers.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 11:25   Link #2876
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@Endless: Thanks for the insights. On the KV-1S though (and for many other fast tanks), it's not like you're required to go full speed towards the front-line. You could just stop and wait for your team to catch up before you leapfrog to the front line, so you'll always have someone covering for you.

Plan is to currently grind the gun on the Pershing though and grind the Churchill I first for cash and the exp that'll eventually go to the Gun Carrier, since I don't have the money to buy any new tanks as of current.

Old 2013-02-17, 11:54   Link #2877
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
@Endless: Thanks for the insights. On the KV-1S though (and for many other fast tanks), it's not like you're required to go full speed towards the front-line. You could just stop and wait for your team to catch up before you leapfrog to the front line, so you'll always have someone covering for you.
I play a lot of pub games, so of course most of the time that doesn't actually happen. "He stopped up there? I'll stop... back here. Behind him."

What I'm trying to beat into myself with the VK2801 (and the PzIII, which I have re-crewed) is that if I'm forward scouting, I should try to turn around after initial contact, retreat behind friendlies, and wait until later to exploit any gaps. You would think I'd learn from watching T-50s get blown up going for the enemy SPGs, but habits are... bad.

That rather contrasts with the passive scouting I do in the 38nA and T-15, which have the base camo value and crew skills required to run forward and stay hidden. It also helps that they have terrible guns and I don't like to engage with them anyway.
Old 2013-02-17, 12:16   Link #2878
Gravitas Free Zone

And now for something completely different. (Thread.)
Old 2013-02-17, 12:36   Link #2879
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I just got my M103 Tier IX, almost fully upgraded it with free xp, then i'll grind for the E5. as i'm doing that i'll be either doing IS line or the M7 autoloader line. Since Q and Pen have done IS line, i'm thinking about going IS line as well.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:14   Link #2880
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

got my last gun now working on the engine.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks