AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-09, 12:48   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Upcoming series that rock! (was: Wind and Sea Bushilord)

Wind and Sea Bushilord

Just started researching new anime for the fall since most of the current season's series either suck, are stalled, or got licenced, so I was running out of anime to watch/follow. Hence why I'm already digging into what's coming up here soon and for the fall. Needless to say I found this series. It looks interesting (meca, super powers, cute girls from what I can tell) and from what little I could read of the homepage it looks like it's going to kick some major a** and then some. Of course I've been wrong before, but it's one of the few series for the fall so far that actually looks halfway decent. Can someone please translate the page and give us some insight into this a bit more? Thanks.

EDIT: Correction, this is due Winter season 2005, my bad. Didn't read close enough. ^_^;;

EDIT2: Finding a bunch of really awesome new series due out next year too, so I thought I'd be nice and combine them into one thread. hehe. Speaking of which:

Dai Yamato Zero-go (aka: Great Yamato No. Zero)

In wonderful starblazers tradition, there's yet another series coming up dealing with the awesome space battleship Yamado! Starblazers fans rejoice!

Last edited by xris; 2004-12-17 at 11:56.
Old 2004-07-09, 17:00   Link #2
jennwenn

There's a lot of good stuff I'm looking forward to, but I'm still catching up to the good stuff that just came out! TOO MUCH CHOICE! Never thought I'd say that heh.

Looking forward to:
Meine Liebe - Bishonen (harem?) anime with character designs by Kaoru Yuki. Yes, I just said Kaoru Yuki, bishonen, and anime in the same sentence. Attack this series now my fellow fangirls!!! Rejoice!!!! (Yeah yeah I'm a hypocrite. I bash bishoujo crap all the time, but pounce on the female equivalent. )

Beck - I've heard so much about the manga
Zipang! - I like Kawaguchi's manga
Sunabouzu - GONZO, something about Japanese period dramas and samurais. I love period drama anime,
Gankutsu Ou (The Count of Monte Christo) - The trailer just looks damn amazing, also GONZO (heck usually I hate GONZO!)
Genshiken - anime about otaku
Fantastic Children - movie from the staff of tree of palme (just licensed by ADV) I know the name sounds really lame...
Re: Cutie Honey - directed by Hideaki Anno, and the music and character designs look cute, the style reminds me of Austin Powers, swingin' sixties-esque
Naruto Movie - duh, coming out this August baby!
Mindgame Movie from Studio 4C
Eyeshield 21 movie
Fuujin Monogatari ~ Windy Tale ("Windy Tale Fuujin Monogatari") - I think Mamoru Oshii is directing this
Shin Angyo Onshi - based on the hit manwha, a Korean/Japanese anime movie, kinda Berserk-ish
Howl's Moving Castle - Miyazaki's latest, the book was great

I don't like these types of shows, so I'm not looking forward to these but I know the rest of the universe is:
Mahou Senshi Negima
Oh! My Goddess TV series
Mai-HiME
Stellvia Season 2

EDIT-
I forgot about Sanada Jyuu, another samurai/period drama anime, but this is notable because its from the makers of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, one of the most popular space operas ever among hardcore, old school fans.

I'll add links to my list later...

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-07-10 at 00:09.
Old 2004-07-09, 17:08   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Looking forward to:
Meine Liebe - Bishonen (harem?) anime with character designs by Kaoru Yuki. Yes, I just said Kaoru Yuki, bishonen, and anime in the same sentence.
Where can I get info about this show, please? ^^
Old 2004-07-09, 18:27   Link #4
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
im interested in Genshiken and Howl's Moving Castle
o and wat does genshiken mean?
Old 2004-07-09, 21:20   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Gankutsu Ou (The Count of Monte Christo) - The trailer just looks damn amazing, also GONZO (heck usually I hate GONZO!)
Holy Gauds! No way! Oh, this major rules! *runs around the house jumping for joy!!* Man, the book was awesome, so I wanna see how they do the anime. hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
"Meine Liebe" means "My Loves" (literally translated it's "mine loves") in German, which would lead me to believe it's a romance anime based off the german video game by the same name.
Here's a link to a description of the game itself.

Sounds to me like an interesting anime.
Old 2004-07-09, 23:34   Link #6
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
"Meine Liebe" means "My Loves" (literally translated it's "mine loves") in German, which would lead me to believe it's a romance anime based off the german video game by the same name.
Here's a link to a description of the game itself.

Sounds to me like an interesting anime.
For some reason the game not really apealing to me. -_-

But I can see the potential of interesting romance story in the anime. And alot bishonens. ^__^

When is this coming out?
Old 2004-07-10, 00:04   Link #7
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Yep its a video game, here's the Japanese game page. Its being animated by Bee Train, and starts November 2004. I got the info from Natsume Maya's news page, July 7th entry. I can't seem to find the anime's own webpage yet. Beetrain are responsible for the .Hack animes and Madlax. Ew. Madlax. I hope ML is NOTHING like their past anime...

Apparently there are some great seiyuu on this project too, like Koyasu Takehito and Seki something. (Fans know who I mean, I'm too tired to remember. Basically, lotsa Weiss Kreuz VAs.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
o and wat does genshiken mean?
No clue. I haven't read the manga its based on yet. The website is here.

I will go back and add links and dates if I can find them to all those series I mentioned. I'm just too lazy/sleepy right now. Those aren't all the new series coming out, there are bound to be more. I'm always surprised every season.
Old 2004-07-10, 05:36   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Yep its a video game, here's the Japanese game page. Its being animated by Bee Train, and starts November 2004. I got the info from Natsume Maya's news page, July 7th entry. I can't seem to find the anime's own webpage yet. Beetrain are responsible for the .Hack animes and Madlax. Ew. Madlax. I hope ML is NOTHING like their past anime...
A Bee Train romance? ... I do kinda wondering what's it's gona be like. I think .Hack was the only that has any romance and that was quite minimum too. But Bee Train only animating it right? So it probably wouldn't resemble any of their previous shows.
Old 2004-07-10, 16:42   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Bee Train. XD That name just makes me think of some cheap horror flick made by some B grade movie company. hehe. Anywho, has anyone heard anything on a new samurai anime coming out in the spring season called "Blood Dawn"?? Only reason I ask is I've started to see news of it popping up on the rumor networks and they're comparing it to Samurai Champloo saying it'll be better and way dark. Probubly bunk, but I thought I'd ask cause the descriptions I'm seeing, if true, would make it a really kicka** anime.
Old 2004-07-10, 21:24   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Great news everyone! It has been announced that a Bleach anime will finally be produced! It has been officially announced in this week's Weekly Jump, along with the confirmation of the Ichigo 100% anime. The production team hasn't been revealed so far, but it's known that both series will premier in this Winter. Here's this week's Weekly Jump cover - see, right under Ichigo's finger it's written:

2 Dai ninki manga ga anime ni natte tour - wo meguru!!

Which translates to:

2 Very important manga become anime tour - turn the page!!

I'm quite happy to hear Bleach will finally be animated. This Shonen by Kubo Taito is currently one of the most popular manga in Japan, after all.

I really can't wait for it Now I hope they decide to animate Black Cat too... It was good to hear that a Eyeshield 21 movie will be done, too. The manga is quite interesting.

PS. Thanks for General Smoker from Nipponsei for the news and translation
PS2. I'd just like to mention that Beck anime will premier this Fall
Old 2004-07-10, 21:42   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Nice finds man!
Old 2004-07-10, 22:45   Link #12
wao
OK.

Genshiken is an anime about otaku and I'm really looking forward to it. Apparently one of the anime/manga that the otaku in Genshiken read, um... Kujibiki Unbalance, well that is going to be animated too. Interesting, very interesting.

Don't forget the...

To Heart sequel (To Heart ~Remember My Memories~) (Oct. 2004)
GANTZ sequel (Dunno when, but it's on moonphase)
Elfen Lied (licensed) (25/7)
Gundam Seed TV Special (o.o) (27/7)
Gundam Seed DESTINY (Oct. 2004)
Lupin III TV special (The 16th??) (30/7)
Sweet Valerian show.. It's in some "Family of Burin burin" block or something like that. I'm totally not sure. It's by CLAMP, and Madhouse is animating it. (1/8)
Stratos 4 OVA will also air on TV (Maybe it made so litlte money they had to air it to get publicity?) (1/8)

Also animated version of the gaiden for Galaxy Express 999 ... something something Maetel. Too lazy to check it out properly (no website either.) (6/8)

As well as...
Morizo and Kiccoro, I don't know what kind of show this is. About cute mascots of an environmental campaign???

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte Z Ope. 1 Is this an OVA being aired on TV? (2004 Summer..) There's Ope. 2 in Winter.

Futakoi... looks very... boring.

And then here we goooo! more bishoujo game -> anime :\

Besides To Heart Sequel which I already mentioned,
Final Approach - put as φnal approach (Phi-nal approach).
W - Wish
AIR TV show
Kakyusei 2

There's also Grenadier, which looks a bit... uhm. Harem?
And The Witch of the Godless Moon (or that's how I translate it)... Kannadzuki no Bujo. Here... Looks a bit like Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Actually, a lot. From the manga serialized in the Shounen Ace magazine or something.

In Autumn we also have Rozen Maiden (is this also bishoujo game -> anime?), School Rumble, Windy Tale - supervised by Mamoru Oshii, direction by Junji Nishimura, and it's a tv special based on a winning
story proposal in 2002's Anime Plan Grans Prix, My-Hime, Sunabouzu from GONZO, looks quaint, Gankutsuou, how did you guys know it's the Count of Monte Christo, Haruka na Jikuu no Naka de with lots of bishounen, Osamu Tezuka's Blackjack, Kappa no Kaikata (How to feed a Kappa).

In 2004 ther's also Mahoraba, Loon Moon, Project Papo - WHAT is this exactly?!, Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu,

apparently there will also be a Bottle Fairy Season 2 (it's on Moonphase..),
Old 2004-07-11, 07:07   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
apparently there will also be a Bottle Fairy Season 2 (it's on Moonphase..),
YAY!!!! We all knew this was going to happen and have been patiently waiting for it. hehe. This is definately good news!!
Old 2004-07-11, 14:17   Link #14
eLstar
(^_^)v

Majorly Awesome!

This Year Is A Very Good Year For Anime!
Old 2004-07-11, 14:21   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, and here I thought things were going to suck based on some of what I was seeing, but it looks like we're lining up for another kicka** fall and winter. hehe. We need one...badly.
Old 2004-07-11, 14:24   Link #16
ramune

We should compile a list for all these series and make it a sticky.
Old 2004-07-11, 23:41   Link #17
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Great news! And one not that great...

Bleach will first be shown as a short movie in September 23rd (not during Winter, but during Fall). The TV series will just premier sometime in 2005. When? No one knows. The same for Ichigo 100% (or so it seems).

And there will be a .hack movie, and (good news for ones, sad news for others, but quite surprising) a new Dragon Ball movie (to comemorate the 20 years of the series?).
Word say that CLAMP's hit Tsubasa ~Reservoir Chronicle~ will also be animated. But they're just rumors... so far. The same for a sequence of Sonic X.
The greatest news I can give now is that there are rumors that a new Akira movie or TV series will start being produced next year.
Of course, all the mentioned above will only premier next year, in 2005. Though they haven't been officially announced, stay tunned for news!

PS. I'd like to thank General Smoker from Nipponsei again. Thanks for the great news!
Old 2004-07-12, 01:45   Link #18
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
looking forward to ichigo 100% anime, but the manga is alway better for me.
and even though i never saw bleach, the drawing is cool and i am also looking forward to it. eyeshield 21 is on my list too.
yup definately good year for anime
Old 2004-07-13, 08:56   Link #19
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm... yea~ I agree that this year is a good year for anime though is an extremely bad year for my star...sigh~

Hmm...Wind & the sea bushilord... this seems to be a very interesting piece.... i'll take it into consideration. Thanks for the info man....

Hmm... Elfen Lied...huh? Funny anime...well then, since is introduce to me, i might as well take it into consideration also. Thanks for the info too man~ ^_^

Nowadays, not much great anime that really caught my heart has been produced since the end of Midori no Hibi, Chrno Crusade, Konomini, and etc. era....

Currently undergoing Ragnarok which i found quite interesting and Samurai 7 which i think it might waste a few minutes....
Old 2004-07-13, 11:27   Link #20
jennwenn

Looking over the other anime people have mentioned, there are a HUGE number of bishoujo game/harem anime! I thought we had a million last season, but there are even more now! Well, guys can be happy about it.

Most of the anime I am looking forward to are actually movies and not TV series, so there are only a couple TV series that are really catching my attention. Perhaps there will be more announcements in August as the season approaches?

Also, a lot of the longer hits this season aren't finished yet, like Full Metal Alchemist, Monster, Naruto, One Piece, Samurai Champloo, Otogizoushi, etc. Still plenty to watch.
Closed Thread