AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-07, 06:10   Link #10961
Raso

Yeah if there was a sequel it would have been the third party coming out of Destiny ahead, most likely Durandal led Zaft trying to set up the Destiny plan by force but the final battle of Destiny would have Shinn getting injured, Athrun missing, and Kira fighting on Earth.

Zaft then continues to try to conquer the world taking on small groups of resistance via mostly normal means as the earth governments have mostly collapsed but still chasing the Archangel and experiments in cloning and such come to light which then leads to a Zaft Civil war probably with Rey at the lead of the rebels channeling Rau.

Then Lacus finely takes control of Zaft and starts dropping colonies to prove a point.... as we all know she is the true final boss.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 11:37   Link #10962
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

At this point, I will just settle for a retelling of the story in movie form.

ZEON ZAFT won

The end of FINAL PLUS already cemented the conclusion to DESTINY. I really can't see a way for the story to continue, unless we consider the possibilities of the next generation or alens.

But please, Space Whales lead to Fire Bombers.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:14   Link #10963
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
At this point, I will just settle for a retelling of the story in movie form.

ZEON ZAFT won

The end of FINAL PLUS already cemented the conclusion to DESTINY. I really can't see a way for the story to continue, unless we consider the possibilities of the next generation or alens.

But please, Space Whales lead to Fire Bombers.

- Tak
unknown invasion -> later we find out it's people from Mars who was angry because"insert whatever reason you want"

example: everyone on Earth and PLANTs ignored them and didn't invite them for the party
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:16   Link #10964
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
unknown invasion -> later we find out it's people from Mars who was angry because"insert whatever reason you want"
With or without UFOs?

But that aside, we do indeed have a MARS element, and perhaps even a Jupiter one. Though they were, somewhat relatively backward in comparison last time I checked...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-02-07, 12:52   Link #10965
monster

Quote:
The end of FINAL PLUS already cemented the conclusion to DESTINY. I really can't see a way for the story to continue
A sequel does not need to continue the story of Destiny. It just needs to continue the story of the Cosmic Era universe, and optionally tie it with some of the characters in Destiny.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:59   Link #10966
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A sequel does not need to continue the story of Destiny. It just needs to continue the story of the Cosmic Era universe, and optionally tie it with some of the characters in Destiny.
I thought we were talking about the movie?

- Tak

Old 2014-02-07, 13:03   Link #10967
monster

Quote:
I thought we were talking about the movie?

- Tak
Even a movie still does not need to continue the story of Destiny.

The story of Destiny is about the conflicts brought upon by LOGOS and Durandal. That story is done as it is.

A sequel movie, even if it's about Kira, Athrun, and Shinn, will only need to be about them living their lives and facing whatever new problems/conflicts that may occur, especially with Kira and his apparent new job at ZAFT.
Old 2014-02-07, 13:11   Link #10968
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Hey, I liked stargazer! If we could have a movie with THAT kind of atmosphere.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 13:49   Link #10969
Tak

Quote:
with Kira and his apparent new job at ZAFT.
Somehow I imagine an onsen scene with him and Lacus...

But thats just me.

- Tak

Old 2014-02-07, 14:03   Link #10970
monster

Hey, if that works for them.
Old 2014-02-07, 17:20   Link #10971
Skye629

Nah

WE NEED A SEED ASTRAY MOVIE PLX
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 17:22   Link #10972
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Nah

WE NEED A SEED ASTRAY MOVIE PLX
Please no,,,,

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 19:15   Link #10973
monster

An Astray movie is fine for me as well as long as it's a new story, not just an adaptation of a manga/novel.
Old 2014-02-07, 19:33   Link #10974
Tak

An Astray OVA would be nice, actually.

Maybe we will see Shiho in action.

- Tak

Old 2014-02-07, 22:59   Link #10975
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Please no,,,,
Why not? If the serious UC can have their goofball sequel like ZZ, why can’t CE have their over-the-top Astray? And you gotta admit, many elements in Astray are actually cooler than the main universe (don’t forget some badass characters like Gai, Mina, Shiho, and a lot more). Also, Astray is overall more “cheerful” compared to the EMO SEED Destiny, so fans who had enough of EMO-ness in their CE anime can rest easy.

Quote:
An Astray OVA would be nice, actually.

Maybe we will see Shiho in action.

- Tak
If anything, at least Astray adaptation (in the form of OVA or series) will finally fill the plot hole of how Kira “magically” appeared in front of Malchio’s cabin after the explosion that made many people shaking their heads in disbelief .
Old 2014-02-07, 23:12   Link #10976
n0m@n
C-Z

I love how protagonists like Lowe and Gai gets their own MS(Astrays) and simply modifies them and upgrades them as the time passes. Getting a new Gundam every-time it blows up isn't always cool.
Old 2014-02-08, 00:09   Link #10977
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I love how protagonists like Lowe and Gai gets their own MS(Astrays) and simply modifies them and upgrades them as the time passes. Getting a new Gundam every-time it blows up isn't always cool.
And fixing/improvising/modding your own stuff is legit skills

(and an excuse for more gunpla kit variations lol)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:22   Link #10978
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If anything, at least Astray adaptation (in the form of OVA or series) will finally fill the plot hole of how Kira “magically” appeared in front of Malchio’s cabin after the explosion that made many people shaking their heads in disbelief .
Well, on a selfish note, since I already know that part of the story, it's useless for me. So I still prefer to see new material.
Old 2014-02-08, 01:56   Link #10979
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, on a selfish note, since I already know that part of the story, it's useless for me. So I still prefer to see new material.
I know where you come from, but there still dozens (or maybe hundreds) of SEED fans out there who haven’t read (or don’t care about) the mangas. Most of them think “Don’t know ‘bout Astray mangas, so don’t care” or “If it didn’t get animated, it doesn’t happen”.

In a pefect world, Sunrise will cast Fukuda/Morosawa aside, get more competent team (I don’t mind them using the 00 team) make an Astray adaptation series (with small camoes of SEED charas), then get all the original seiyuus back to make one big movie about “Mars Attacks!” (coz CE-verse indeed have Mars government). With that, we can have the casts of SEED & Astray together fighting the “Mars Empire” (kinda like Avengers). The hype will be strong, fans will be delighted, we’ll get more new MSs and model kits and the sales will be good -> everybody’s happy.
Old 2014-02-08, 02:13   Link #10980
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
everybody’s happy.
Everybody? Really? Think of the Martians!!!!

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep