4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-16, 13:59   Link #461
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i won't lie. i teared up. Haro's repeated cries made it that much worse. Ali is definitely dead. the shot clipped the legs, then the explosion moved upwards consuming the main body. he won't be back. 00 doesn't need a main "villain," just a right and wrong. i feel bad for Felt...

if the next 2 eps can measure up to this, we're in for one hell of a two week period.... then we're going to be agonizing for 3 months while the "other" stuff airs.

and who's the a-hole who voted 1..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:08   Link #462
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Followed by a pretty blatant compilation of stupidity and ignorant comments. I honestly loled.
That's generally the "new style" of blogging as it were. Unfortunately I see it happening a lot lately. People will stick to a plan on how to write about the series rather than letting the proceedings of the series dictate what they write. It's a pure exercise in faith though, both in the series continuing to provide material for your style of writing and in the readers desire to read it. The problem is it just doesn't work for obvious reasons once things in the series start to stray to far from what you are broken in to writing about. That's when you have to start leaving things out and getting rid of undesirable factors in the equation (I think that might be why he wants to ban me) that highlight the fallacies in the writing and overall opinion.

Plus, when blogs start to compete with each other and egocentrism (The feeling that you know for certain that you have the one correct point of view) and the desire to defend ones opinion (difficulty in accepting that you may in fact have faltered in your analysis) take over, you can run into a conundrum where creativity becomes difficult to cultivate. Also the longer you've been in the blogging business I find, the more jaded you get. It's not easy by any means. The real thing I find you need to know is how to adapt on the fly to any changes in the area you are writing about. Always be prepared for the unexpected. I've changed my writing style 3 times already since I started and probably will continue to do so as I find new sources of inspiration and old ones become obsolete.

And strictly speaking, Gundam 00 is a rather divisive series in the blogging community, I've found. Many feel it's themes are beneath their level and that it is insulting to their intelligence and seek to point this out at any given opporunity, while still others appreciate it's marriage of complex themes with action and melodrama that has made the franchise so durable and timeless. I'm among the latter, but there is no shortage of those who are among the former.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:13   Link #463
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I just watched the sub, oh man. Lockon went down like a soldier, for sure.

I'd hate to be in the GN-X platoon that comes across Setsuna after this...Graham himself could be in one of those and I still think Setsuna would rip him to shreds. He's THAT pissed.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:13   Link #464
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sorry to see you go Lockon. Not a bad job getting people worried with the close call a few episodes back. When he made it there was room to catch your breath and then he gets killed here. Certainly fought to the end, putting his life on the line to stop Ali. Honestly I'm not sure if that jerk Ali managed to survive or not. Was a pretty good explosion, but you just never know without some remains.

What's going to happen to Nena is beyond me. Half expected her to head to space as well with Setsuna. Instead last we see is her floating around in her grief. Blasting people at a wedding is for kicks, but maybe losing her brothers will hit home at some point what she has done. No clue what she's going to be up to for the next while.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:26   Link #465
ShadowLight

This was the best episode so far. The series finally got back to its roots and that is epic space battles where the main stars are the gundams. The battle scense were awesome love the new weaponry the gundams had and seeing the trans-am system at work. My one gripe is why didn't lockon use the trans-am system if he did he would have been able to finish off that last transport ship and ali.
ShadowLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:31   Link #466
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
And strictly speaking, Gundam 00 is a rather divisive series in the blogging community, I've found. Many feel it's themes are beneath their level and that it is insulting to their intelligence and seek to point this out at any given opporunity, while still others appreciate it's marriage of complex themes with action and melodrama that has made the franchise so durable and timeless. I'm among the latter, but there is no shortage of those who are among the former.
In a way I envy those people who have the time to watch and then complain about a series they consider beneath them week after week.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:32   Link #467
G_Man!

Nah Ali Isnt dead yu c Him in the Preview of the next episode and yu dont really see directly him Exploding ... So no Ali is still in the race !! But also yu dont really see Lockon Dying ... i dont expect seeing him sooner neither but he may come back sooner or later !
G_Man! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:38   Link #468
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
What's going to happen to Nena is beyond me. Half expected her to head to space as well with Setsuna. Instead last we see is her floating around in her grief. Blasting people at a wedding is for kicks, but maybe losing her brothers will hit home at some point what she has done. No clue what she's going to be up to for the next while.
Hope she will not die in this season... She may be useful Dearka in SEED kill a bunch of civilians too... but Kira forgave him and he was right - Dearka saved a lot more people than killed... I wonder if Saji will be that forgivable, though...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:46   Link #469
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Man! View Post
Nah Ali Isnt dead yu c Him in the Preview of the next episode
No you don't....
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:07   Link #470
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wouldn't know because nyoro's preview was screwed up..

but it would be hugely disappointing if he came back from that. kinda like bringing lockon back
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:08   Link #471
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLight View Post
The series finally got back to its roots and that is epic space battles where the main stars are the gundams.
That would be correct if it were epic space battles where the gundam has been outclassed by non gundam mobile suits.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:14   Link #472
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

hmmm so Aoelia Schenberg is actually dead as you see blood in his cabin and a obvious bulletwound on his head, sad to see that happen..

Sad to see Lockon Stratos exit the building aswell
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:35   Link #473
UltimateClash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
no...

There's multiple shots through the glass. They only showed bullet hole in the head to show that Schoenburg is dead. Other bullets are embedded in various parts of his body.

1. Watch 22, Alejandro is firing consistently at the same spot.
2. Angle of entry for the bullet is wrong.
3. There aren't any bullet holes in the glass.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:37   Link #474
Critias

is it me or is the "destruction" of Throne Zwei ambiguous as all hell?
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:39   Link #475
Jays

I guess now everyone who ever doubted Lockon's abilities, have recieved their answers. Ali has a fucking horseshoe up his ass, he gets saved from being scrapped far too often, twice in this episode it looked like he was a gonner at Lockon's hands, and twice he walked away from it. I don't think I've ever hated some on soo much as Ali, well from an Anime stand point!

Feel the rage of Lockon! What a way to go out, I don't think I'll be able to handle much more, considering he was my favorite character...
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:41   Link #476
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
is it me or is the "destruction" of Throne Zwei ambiguous as all hell?
of course it is Ali is not dead
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:49   Link #477
Red-Razor
Shuffle!

godddammshitfuckinghell :S why did lockon had to die :S and in the preview of ep 24 you can see that bitchass ali is still alive :S yep i realy realy ahte ali most of all
(most anoing character in a anime for me)

but i realy realy hope lockon is still alive just like when kira's freedom exploded that he somhow ended up in the mansion of lacsus what i realy hated :S how is that possible did that blind guy had some MAGIC POWER iff so thats cheap :S.

but again please let lockon live PLEASE for me he was the coolest character.

DIE ALI DIE
Red-Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:54   Link #478
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Razor View Post
godddammshitfuckinghell :S why did lockon had to die :S and in the preview of ep 24 you can see that bitchass ali is still alive :S yep i realy realy ahte ali most of all

but i realy realy hope lockon is still alive just like when kira's freedom exploded that he somhow ended up in the mansion of lacsus what i realy hated :S how is that possible did that blind guy had some MAGIC POWER iff so thats cheap :S.

DIE ALI DIE
Sadly Lockon is no Jesus Yamato. Lockon at least is known to suffer injuries.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:55   Link #479
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYKE View Post
hmmm so Aoelia Schenberg is actually dead as you see blood in his cabin and a obvious bulletwound on his head, sad to see that happen..

Sad to see Lockon Stratos exit the building aswell
There have been people that have been shot in the head and lived.

Also, the Freedom Gundam never exploded. What happened was the phase shift went down after its reactor got really damaged by the Shinn-Stab (TM) and then the Freedom got wrecked by the TANHAUSER explosion. And Kira ends up in Lacus's house after the STRIKE nearly gets wrecked by the AEGIS'S self-detonation. The Strike gundam ALSO does not blow up then.

As for Lockon surviving, as I've said before, he's too manly to ever die. Captain Falcon said that he who surpasses Captain Falcon becomes Captain Falcon, but nobody has yet surpassed Lockon Stratos, so Neil Dylandy is STILL Lockon Stratos, meaning he is STILL alive.
Old 2008-03-16, 15:56   Link #480
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Razor View Post

DIE ALI DIE
As much as I agree with you about Lockon, bringin him back alive is not the right thing to do. His death for the most part is going to heavily affect all of the Miesters, including Setsuna who for the most part, seemed to be the closest to Lockon, or both of them had the best relationship with each other.

In any case, that was a Hero's way of going out, and Lockon wont soon be forgotten.

At this point, killing Ali is not doing justice to what he's done, and letting him walk away is just a slap in the face. He broke my heart that's for sure...
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote