AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 28 52.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 7.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-12, 08:05   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Bakemonogatari - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Bakemonogatari, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:41   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Marvelous episode.

It's so nice and refreshing to see Hitagi portrayed in a realistic and alluring mature fashion. It's hard to effectively express just how refreshing this art style is for me right now.

Hitagi's incredibly witty insults made against Araragi were a guilty pleasure for me in this episode - on the one hand, I had to admit; they were exceptionally clever insults... on the other hand, they were so good and numerous that I started to feel like Hitagi was an utter verbally abusing monster, and that Araragi was being awfully mistreated.

The show-down with the Crab God was nicely rendered, and full of many exciting plot twists. The way the episode ended with Hitagi suddenly acting nice towards Araragi, and even apologizing to him, was such a sweet resolution - it meant that the guilty pleasure of appreciating her earlier barbs was now less of a guilty pleasure since she was being nice again.

Of course, whether or not that'll hold... who knows?

Anyway, two episodes in, and I'm liking this anime a lot. It definitely appears to be the best brand new anime out there.
Old 2009-08-30, 03:13   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Really liked this episode... though Araragi I wanted to smack a couple of times as he seemed to be trying to hard to project a really stupid Kyon

Yeah, the art style of the actual animation I like -- I have to say Hitagi scored a lot of points being so matter of fact while she was preparing for the ritual. But I am pretty tired of the "Shinbo" effects at this point in anime watching -- they've gone from being interesting intensifiers (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, PPD...) to almost dominating any series (and crowding the mangaka's work out, thinking of SZS and Negima!? as examples).

"9" for the storyline, the personalities, and the character art.
Old 2009-08-30, 03:19   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So you've finally decided to join the party. As Mr. Barns would say, "Excellent!" Looking forward to your take on episode 3, 5, 6 and 8. Tall order, I know. But ole' Vexx can do it. I've total confidence.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 21:47   Link #5
chrisbad726

Ok so at the end of the episode araragi said he weighted 55kg and when he scaled himself it was 100. now Senjougahara said she should weight 45kg but was only 5kg. now after the crap disappeared did the crap transfer her weight (or in the sense the weight of her feelings) onto Araragi?
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 22:14   Link #6
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
Ok so at the end of the episode araragi said he weighted 55kg and when he scaled himself it was 100. now Senjougahara said she should weight 45kg but was only 5kg. now after the crap disappeared did the crap transfer her weight (or in the sense the weight of her feelings) onto Araragi?
I believe that the god was just sloppy and added weight to Hitagi as well as Araragi.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 22:45   Link #7
aulzon

Quote:
Could be at the end he gained a new friend in Senjougahara, so he also gained the burden and feelings of becoming someone dear to Senjougahara.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 22:57   Link #8
topboy
poor man

7.25/10
The end of evangelion (1997<---)
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:26   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The first half of this ep is just a cheap fan service..... right.....RIGHT?
*loss of blood and died*
*revived*
The ending was kind of sweat, for Araragi, and for Senjougahara.... Hope it will not be a case of "we want our jerk back", and damn... his sisters are cute ^///^
Old 2009-09-21, 02:22   Link #10
SiLo
The Emperor

Send a message via AIM to SiLo
Liked this episode, it told alot about Hitagi, her story got deep and really developed. can't wait to see the rest
SiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 21:53   Link #11
Alchemist007
*Author

Saw the first 2 eps at anime club, looks pretty interesting.
Old 2009-10-27, 20:59   Link #12
frostieyes

I'm a little late on this show, just watched episode 2 - all because I didn't really feel like watching this series after episode 1.

2 turned out to be pretty brilliant for me, though. The witty remarks of the first part were quite enjoyable, although a bit embarrassing to watch in my room. (dormitory..) The second part, with Hitagi's past covered in a few stoic lines and peculiar animation, was nicely done.
frostieyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:13   Link #13
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostieyes View Post
I'm a little late on this show, just watched episode 2 - all because I didn't really feel like watching this series after episode 1.

2 turned out to be pretty brilliant for me, though. The witty remarks of the first part were quite enjoyable, although a bit embarrassing to watch in my room. (dormitory..) The second part, with Hitagi's past covered in a few stoic lines and peculiar animation, was nicely done.

Hahah I felt the same but I was so bored for the first 2 episodes, The only thing that kept me watchign Episode 2 was the first 10 mins, which later made me watch the whole series
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:17   Link #14
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Red face when FS kills FS

I liked this episode as much as I liked the previous one, but yeah I somehow think the first part is overdone. Then the humouristic lines aren't always natural to me.
Direction and animation are still first class, though.
so I gave it a 7 again
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 10:01   Link #15
destiny4everlove

Episode 2 was brilliantly amazing! Wow! What an episode! Senjo gained major points with me in this episode. I like her very much as a character.

The nude scene between Senjo and Araragi was funny and cool!

After both Senjo and Araragi returned to Oshino’s place; wow, it was so intense and dramatic! I was completely captivated by the story. Senjo’s story made me mad, made me sad, it really touched my heart.

What an excellent anime!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 19:32   Link #16
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Very good episode , but i have few questions.

Hadn't she lost ( or stopped thinking or forgetting) Her painful memories due to crab taking them away? So how was she able to answer Oshino's question regarding those memories she had choose to forget( if she had lost or fogotten them)? Was it because of Oshino's ritual that she remebered them? If she forgot, she shouldn't have been able to answer that last question about painful memoriy right?
How did he summon the crab? Does senjogahara answering the last question and her appearance has anything to do with each other?

Care some one briefly explain this episode to me *_*? i got the gist of it but to just to fill some holes.

Ty .
Old 2011-08-29, 20:58   Link #17
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Her memories weren't really "taken" the way you would take someone's icecream.

Also, the entire ritual was only there to get her in the right state of mind.
Old 2011-08-29, 21:42   Link #18
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ Her memories weren't really "taken" the way you would take someone's icecream.

Also, the entire ritual was only there to get her in the right state of mind.
as always thanks . I am just wondering how if she had forgotten them ( She stopped thinking about them and crab took the burden of those thoughts), how she could answer them. Even if the memories were there, She choose to stop thinking and the crab took the burden of those thoughts ( her weight). Thus that way she forgot them right? If she forgot how did she answer?

Was it because of the ritual that she was able to answer them? so in a way what does the right state of mind really mean? ( right state of mind so she could answer by being relaxed or remember what she forgot?) Also if her memories weren't taken in that sense then what happened to them? How were they taken?

What i am confused of is this. I know she stopped thinking about those thoughts that burdened her. But i mean she knew ( was conscious) that her mother joined the cult. But was that the only thing she knew? Did she know all those other painful thoughts in which she answered oshino when she questioned her ? Or had she forgotten them. So basically did she knew about them ( like how she knew about how her mother joined a cult) and she just didn't talk about them?

So could i say the ritual was to set to right state of mind so she could talk about it? like she was hypnotized to remember them? I guess what i am confused also is if she forgot about those memories or knew it and just didn't want to talk about them. I mean had she forgotten about those memories or simply didn't trust any one to share it with them? Also then if it was an issue of trust, basically Oshino did the ritual to make her trust him completely( put her in the right state of mind) ? Also did she just get unlucky meeting the crab? Like she wanted to cut all her ties with her mother and then unluckily she met the crab and crab took the burden. like a bad timing sort of thing? or was it because of the crab that she was able to stop thinking about those thoughts? So in a way did the crab take the weight with permission ( like she wanted him to take it?) or without?. I mean she could stop thinking about them without meeting the crab right *_*? So confusing.

Could we also say she didn't want to think about those thoughts so the crab took the burden? Even if you don't want to think about them, the burden is still there and might have forced her to think again. So is that what crab took?

I have read the novels from the Hitagi chapter, but i am still confused . Oshino's ritual reminds of hypnotism in old detective movies where the detective would make the person confess what he or she had forgotten or refused to answer. Something like sealed memories and hypnotism . Like the painful memories were too hard for her and she sealed them away and Oshino set her mind in the right state so she could recall them ( insert the crab somewhere in the question hehe).

P.S. Just checked your profile . Are you part of the Baka-Tsuki staff *_*? And thx for the replies .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2011-08-29 at 23:20.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 22:51   Link #19
HasuMasu
*Artist

The thing is, the crab was never really there, but you could also say that it's always there, since the crab is just her denying her own feelings.

The ritual put her in a calm state where she could realize that she can't get rid of those feelings and it would be better to carry her weight.

And no, I'm just another visitor at Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2011-08-29, 23:32   Link #20
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The thing is, the crab was never really there, but you could also say that it's always there, since the crab is just her denying her own feelings.

The ritual put her in a calm state where she could realize that she can't get rid of those feelings and it would be better to carry her weight.

And no, I'm just another visitor at Baka-Tsuki.
Ok that make sense *_*. But that again raised a whole set of new questions as how she got stomped to the wall ( could it be they went in another dimension ? ) . But i guess as you said crab was and was not there. I guess it is just intended to be a complex, philosophical kinda episode so thinking too much about in a real sense would just contribute in frustrating me further *_*.

Thanks for the reply. I hope i could understand the stuff as well you did haha *_*.

I am studying Japanese right now, so who knows maybe in a year or 2 i can translate these kinda stuff ( more as a hobby learning sorta thing )