AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-07, 07:40   Link #221
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^ As far as I can tell, yes.
Old 2010-05-07, 13:30   Link #222
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
After the 150 minute Haruhi Suzumiya film, they're probably glad to be doing something simple! I just hope they splash out some budget for a good concert scene later in the series. It made a gajillion yen on Blu-ray; let's make "Live Alive" look amateurish, guys!
Old 2010-05-07, 17:34   Link #223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they have 26 or so episode of K-On to play with...so we may get something good, though I doubt they'll try to top Live Alive unless they feel threatened by Angel Beat's concert scenes.

As for other projects...I don't think anyone has even heard a rumor of anything KyoAni is working on. Though they now have a good openning for more Haruhi (and real "second" season), and I thought the Full Metal Panic novels had finished or were almost finished by now. But they could go in any direction they wanted to really. K-On and Haruhi seem to be there main money makers right now even though their Key animes were very well done. (and Lucky Star did decent as well but I don't know what material there is for more of that)
Old 2010-05-07, 20:21   Link #224
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well they have 26 or so episode of K-On to play with...so we may get something good, though I doubt they'll try to top Live Alive unless they feel threatened by Angel Beat's concert scenes.

As for other projects...I don't think anyone has even heard a rumor of anything KyoAni is working on. Though they now have a good openning for more Haruhi (and real "second" season), and I thought the Full Metal Panic novels had finished or were almost finished by now. But they could go in any direction they wanted to really. K-On and Haruhi seem to be there main money makers right now even though their Key animes were very well done. (and Lucky Star did decent as well but I don't know what material there is for more of that)
There's enough material for L*S (and don't get me wrong, I'm a major fan of the manga) ... but I suspect they've found a sweet spot with K-On! especially with the CD music and figure tie-ins.

FMP has been lurking in rumor-ville for several years now - the answer probably depends on the economy in a year.
Old 2010-05-19, 13:42   Link #225
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Don't you guys find it weird that these lines :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Azusa : Oh, I can see Mio's...

Mio : Wait, stop!

And.....

Mugi : My mind is filling up with ideas of new songs!

Azusa : What kind of songs!
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I would just like to post these lines from pre-production (not yet edited), and you tell me what you would think, if you couldn't see the video:

Jun: Then why don't we play a session with the 3 of us.
Ui: huh?
Jun: It's raining, so it'll be okay even if we make lots of sound, right?
Azusa: The 3 of us?
Azusa: ah that might be fun!
Ui: eh, but will I be able to do it properly?
Jun: It's okay, We'll be doing simple stuff

Damn you...script writer...
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Of course....

Fan : Where do you wash first when you take a bath?

Mio : The shower head.

Azunyan : You clean the bath?

Fan : Do you eat taiyaki from the head?

Mio : The gill cover.

Azunyan : Where!?

Spoiler for NSFW Explanation:
seems to come from Azunyan?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:26   Link #226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Clearly, Azunyan head is filled with "expecting the worst" from her comrades and assuming the worst possible interpretation of anything. Which makes it all quite amusing, "nya-aiee!!"
Old 2010-05-20, 00:01   Link #227
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Clearly, Azunyan head is filled with "expecting the worst" from her comrades and assuming the worst possible interpretation of anything. Which makes it all quite amusing, "nya-aiee!!"
It looks like MugiVision has severe effects on her worse-case-scenario interpretation abilities. Looks like ojou isn't the only one with a dirty mind in the keionbu after all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-20, 00:31   Link #228
krko
The Movie is Coming

Right now, K-On! seems to be like Hidamari Sketch, replacing art school with music club, the characters' personality levels jumbled about, and greater focus on the comedy. And yet, why is all of the MOERAGE directed a K-ON!?
Old 2010-05-20, 00:33   Link #229
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Higher profile/Kyoto Animation?
Old 2010-05-20, 12:35   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Right now, K-On! seems to be like Hidamari Sketch, replacing art school with music club, the characters' personality levels jumbled about, and greater focus on the comedy. And yet, why is all of the MOERAGE directed a K-ON!?
Because its one of the few series at the moment available to rage at (even though the moe drive in K-On! has been been throttled back a great deal this season in favor of stories and comedy). Basically, at this point, when I encounter "moe rage" - I just blow them off as zealots and possibly idiots because what it boils down to is that not everything is the "pure one way" they want all anime (sound familiar with religious overtones?). The majority of anime being produced still covers most genre though at the moment, it appears mecha-themed shows are in the minority.

You could argue that ALL "daily life school comedy" is "just like Hidamari Sketch" (or whatever your first exposure to this motif was, for me it was Azumanga Daioh). It isn't any more entirely true than it is to say "all sitcoms are alike" or "all ww2 war movies are the same".
Old 2010-05-20, 16:29   Link #231
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
I can name a few reasons:
1. It's extremely popular. The first season was pretty much a surprise smash hit, season two is so far exceeding everyone's expectations.
2. It's moe. Moe supposedly kills the anime industry (even though the moe fad seems to be subsiding a bit)
3. It's KyoAni, the studio with the Midas Touch – or should that be Moe Touch? Everything they make turns into gold (even though they too had a few failures along the way).
4. They can't find a show they really like this season and feel the need to blame the popular show.

And there are probably more reasons, but these are all I can think of.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:37   Link #232
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
1. It's extremely popular. The first season was pretty much a surprise smash hit, season two is so far exceeding everyone's expectations.
2. It's moe. Moe supposedly kills the anime industry (even though the moe fad seems to be subsiding a bit)
3. It's KyoAni, the studio with the Midas Touch – or should that be Moe Touch? Everything they make turns into gold (even though they too had a few failures along the way).
4. They can't find a show they really like this season and feel the need to blame the popular show.

Well, any anime/manga with a strong foundation, be it Clannad's storyline (I cried at the last few episodes!) or K-ON! moe overload, can be made into a good anime.

Besides, Kyoani has got plenty of resources to turn it into life, so why not?

Old 2010-05-24, 07:21   Link #233
mizou
Observer

I have 2 questions:
1-How do you know that mugi will have a song? it happens on the manga, KyoAni Annonce?
2- the serie follow the 5 girls, 4 of them are on the last high school year! so, what'll happen to the groupe? will they be ont the same university??
sorry for my Engrish
Old 2010-05-24, 09:59   Link #234
roankun
Tsundere Lover

KyoAni's next project should be an anime adaptation of Nichijou (manga).

Regarding above questions:
1.) I dunno. She already has a character song, if that's what you mean. Or acc. to the anime, she wrote(?) the tune for one song...
2.)The series will probably end with the four girls graduating. And a hunch of mine, an OVA/special of Azusa alone in high school.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:06   Link #235
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
I have 2 questions:
1-How do you know that mugi will have a song? it happens on the manga, KyoAni Annonce?
2- the serie follow the 5 girls, 4 of them are on the last high school year! so, what'll happen to the groupe? will they be ont the same university??
sorry for my Engrish
1) In the episode where Yui (mistake: it was Ritsu) is trying out other instruments, Yui's (Ritsu rather) messing around with Mugi's keyboard gives Mugi an idea for a song, later Mugi and Mio can be seen working on it. When we'll see the song itself will probably be later in the season -- no idea who will actually sing the main line of it though.

2) Thats the Big Question that has most viewers biting their fingernails. It is possible the author will do the bittersweet thing and have them all split off their various ways after graduation, the time of HTT Band simply being done.

A second possibility is that Azusa's classmates do join the club and we get a "new" band with their own name. We still see the Original Four from time to time - but basically the series has refocused on new characters (Azusa, Ui, Jun, etc). This plot could be paired with either the Original Four HTT dissolving or the older girls still working their band at a nearby arts university.

Another possibility (and the one I hope for) is that the Original Four all decide to enter and attend the nearby "fine arts" university (like the sort of university we saw in Honey&Clover). Azusa simply heads over every evening and they continue their attempts to "hit it big at Budokan". I think most fans hope for this. Given that they're attending an "all girls" school, it is not unlikely that the school is part of a mega-campus where K-12 & university all operate together (e.g. - here's a real life example and its not terribly unusual: Tamagawa). We've seen that sort of mega-campus in a variety of anime (GA Art, Negima, etc).

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-05-25 at 21:54. Reason: brain fart - typed Yui when I meant Ritsu
Old 2010-05-24, 13:19   Link #236
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
1) In the episode where Yui is trying out other instruments, Yui's messing around with Mugi's keyboard gives Mugi an idea for a song, later her and Mio can be seen working on it. When we'll see the song itself will probably be later in the season -- no idea who will actually sing the main line of it though.

2) Thats the Big Question that has most viewers biting their fingernails. It is possible the author will do the bittersweet thing and have them all split off their various ways after graduation, the time of HTT Band simply being done.

A second possibility is that Azusa's classmates do join the club and we get a "new" band with their own name. We still see the Original Four from time to time - but basically the series has refocused on new characters (Azusa, Ui, Jun, etc). This plot could be paired with either the Original Four HTT dissolving or the older girls still working their band at a nearby arts university.

Another possibility (and the one I hope for) is that the Original Four all decide to enter and attend the nearby "fine arts" university (like the sort of university we saw in Honey&Clover). Azusa simply heads over every evening and they continue their attempts to "hit it big at Budokan". I think most fans hope for this. Given that they're attending an "all girls" school, it is not unlikely that the school is part of a mega-campus where K-12 & university all operate together (e.g. - here's a real life example and its not terribly unusual: Tamagawa). We've seen that sort of mega-campus in a variety of anime (GA Art, Negima, etc).
There's a possibility that Azunyan would probably work to get into the same uni as them. As for Ui, she would probably get coveted by the prestigious Tokyo uni but choose to go to the same school as her sister due to siscon tendency not being confident about letting her sister go alone.

Whatever it is, Mugi seem to have this psychic influence over the girls. Must be one of the ingredients added to the sweets being from MKULTRA.

Old 2010-05-24, 13:26   Link #237
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
These 3 go together because it's KyoAni. It's no surprise, because everybody is sucking on KyoAni's. Besides that, fans and followers clearly have a serious condition of tunnel vision.

Quote:

I can name at least 2 shows of this season that has better production value and I enjoy so much more then K-ON!!

Doesn't make K-ON!! less enjoyable, in fact, I like to relax a bit with K-ON!! after a hard day's work. Feels good man.
Old 2010-05-24, 16:49   Link #238
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
These 3 go together because it's KyoAni. It's no surprise, because everybody is sucking on KyoAni's.
I'd say their motivation is completely justified, either way you look at it. It's pretty much fact that KyoAni made a lot of good shows that got very well-received. This gave them a very high reputation, and companies with high reputations are quicker to draw in new consumers/customers/whatever you call then. And if people decide to stick with them, that just means that they're satisfied.

Quote:
Besides that, fans and followers clearly have a serious condition of tunnel vision.
Now you're going too far. Claiming that people have tunnel vision for sticking with an animation studio, is nothing short of an insult. A reputation can only do so much and even though a lot of people will probably like shows because it's KyoAni (or any other studio), even more people will like the show because they truly enjoy watching it.

Quote:
I can name at least 2 shows of this season that has better production value and I enjoy so much more then K-ON!!

Doesn't make K-ON!! less enjoyable, in fact, I like to relax a bit with K-ON!! after a hard day's work. Feels good man.
So far, I've seen shows that might be better, but it will take me till the end of the season to truly judge said shows on their value, because anything can happen halfway through the season.
Old 2010-05-24, 23:54   Link #239
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Now you're going too far. Claiming that people have tunnel vision for sticking with an animation studio, is nothing short of an insult. A reputation can only do so much and even though a lot of people will probably like shows because it's KyoAni (or any other studio), even more people will like the show because they truly enjoy watching it.
If it is moe causing tunnel vision, I don't mind.

Old 2010-05-25, 06:18   Link #240
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
I'd say their motivation is completely justified, either way you look at it. It's pretty much fact that KyoAni made a lot of good shows that got very well-received. This gave them a very high reputation, and companies with high reputations are quicker to draw in new consumers/customers/whatever you call then. And if people decide to stick with them, that just means that they're satisfied.
Like I said; tunnel vision. These people stick with the same and can't even be bothered to look around what's also there at the other end.

Quote:
So far, I've seen shows that might be better, but it will take me till the end of the season to truly judge said shows on their value, because anything can happen halfway through the season.
Rainbow. Boom, roasted. Also; Heroman and Gundam Unicorn have insane production values. Good eye candy.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a