AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 22:43   Link #1381
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Nope. Yunno is not angry but scared actually. Stern says she will test her new abilities but suprassing her 'mentor'. Note the mentor here as she knows she is a copy of Nanoha and since Yunno is Nanoha's mentor, he is hers as well. Heck, even after the battlw where you win, she will say goodbye to Nanoha whom just arrive and adress Yunno as master. It is the logic of Saint Seiya if you watch it, where the master of my master is also my master stuff.
pfft, I just remembered that thanks to you. I forgot how Yuuno and Nanoha react to that bit when Stern does that XD
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:07   Link #1382
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wonder what Nanoha said though at that time?

Stern: Master
Old 2011-12-31, 23:10   Link #1383
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
I turned off the music but all FDBs have their own sound balances so you can't really hear it cause the SOUND part is too high and the Voice is just barely higher. I get some of it but it's not enough I would need a sound thing to figure out what the remaining words are.

Yuri:
"Shuten no Meiju, Yuri. Maerimasu!" - Not even sure how to translate her title yet, but basically "(her title), Yuri. Moving out!"

Just thought this would be nice info.
Shuten no Meishuu

紫天の盟主

Sovereign of the Purple Sky

According to Dearche,

Yuri 盟主 Sovereign
Dearche 王 King
Levi and Stern 臣下 Retainer
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:16   Link #1384
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Shuten no Meishuu

紫天の盟主

Sovereign of the Purple Sky

According to Dearche,

Yuri 盟主 Sovereign
Dearche 王 King
Levi and Stern 臣下 Retainer
I knew I got some of that wrong...ugh...

Thank you, Key Board.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:33   Link #1385
Sunder the Gold

What's the difference between a sovereign and a king?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:42   Link #1386
Key Board
Carbon

A King does not necessarily have sovereignty over a nation.

Take Japan and England for example.

Or if you're one of the many Kings in a larger Empire

To make it simple, Yuri is at the top of the hierarchy.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 00:14   Link #1387
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
A King does not necessarily have sovereignty over a nation.

Take Japan and England for example.

Or if you're one of the many Kings in a larger Empire

To make it simple, Yuri is at the top of the hierarchy.
Yep, pretty much that. Kings and Lords only control one section of territory like a warlord of Japan. Though the Sovereign is like the King of Kings. That's kinda like how it is.
Old 2012-01-01, 03:27   Link #1388
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is Yuuno embarrassed by Stern saying Master to him? Or scared of Nanoha?
Old 2012-01-01, 04:23   Link #1389
rxrx

Neither. Both are just surprised at Yunno being called mentor and ends with Nanoha asking Yunno when did he tutored Stern.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 13:08   Link #1390
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Hayate Yagami:
"Ah! Watashi ka?" - "Ah! Me?"
"Un! Issho ni ko!" - "Yeah! Let's do this together!"
"Aa~~h! Nande?" - "Aa~~h! Why?"
I find this one very cute x3

Quote:
Signum:
"Watashi ii no ka?" - "Am I good enough?"
"Yosh. Yuuki to shiyo." - "Alright. Let's go together with courage."
"Hmmm...Ma...yokaro." - "Hmmm...well...that is fine."
Modest Signum is modest ...also pretty knight-like xD!

Quote:
Vita:
"Oh...atashi ka? - "Oh...is it me?"
"Ii zou. Ja, ikou ka!" - "Sure. Now, let's go!"
"Che~"
LOL! That's so Vita, i can spent all day rejecting her on the selection screen just to keeop hearing that line xD!

Apparently this game have so many carefull details, that's always a nice thing to have in a fighting game.

So, how about the other modes? Did characters talk during free battles?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 14:50   Link #1391
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
So, how about the other modes? Did characters talk during free battles?
During single player battles and versus battles, both characters will just do a simple line, they may use about 2 or 3 different lines I think. It's not affected by the opposite character.

I had a Nanoha VS Vivio fight and their intros were like this.

"Takamachi Nanoha, Ikimasu!" - "Nanoha Takamachi, here I come!"
"Takamachi Vivio, Ikimasu!" - "Vivo Takamachi, here I come!"

So it isn't affected. Their victory statems also are about 2 or 3 different lines I think. Kinda wish they had more stuff like that.
Old 2012-01-01, 14:56   Link #1392
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yeah, i like when games do that, two characters related fight each other adn before the battle they exchange dialogue. Varioes from comical to epic to misterious.

At least the first game had something kind of similar because each character can fight all the cast in their own routes in a sense xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-01, 15:54   Link #1393
Sunder the Gold

I said earlier that it seemed like Yuuno had an even mix of long and short-range attacks, but that doesn't quite seem to be the case, now.

Protection Smash and Chain Anchor exist solely to let him close range with an enemy to engage them hand-to-hand. Chain Bind can be used to buy time to hit an enemy with Shoot Bullet, but might also be used to close in with impunity.

Character-wise (as opposed to simple game mechanics) he shows a much greater variety of spells in close-quarters combat, using energy balls, energy chains, two different kinds of damaging trap fields, and also the Protection Smash.

At long range, he only has Shoot Bullet (which at its best only fires two projectiles, and seems like one of the slower shooting spells). The fact that his Full Drive Burst can be activated at long range is more of a gameplay balancing mechanic than a character-derived detail, since most of the attacks involved in Full Drive Bursts are actually executed at long range.

Would it be fair to call him a Strike Artist like Vivio?

@Laith, did you want to talk to me about DezoPenguin and a GrimGrimoire group?

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2012-01-01 at 16:32.
Old 2012-01-01, 20:00   Link #1394
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I said earlier that it seemed like Yuuno had an even mix of long and short-range attacks, but that doesn't quite seem to be the case, now.

Protection Smash and Chain Anchor exist solely to let him close range with an enemy to engage them hand-to-hand. Chain Bind can be used to buy time to hit an enemy with Shoot Bullet, but might also be used to close in with impunity.

Character-wise (as opposed to simple game mechanics) he shows a much greater variety of spells in close-quarters combat, using energy balls, energy chains, two different kinds of damaging trap fields, and also the Protection Smash.

At long range, he only has Shoot Bullet (which at its best only fires two projectiles, and seems like one of the slower shooting spells). The fact that his Full Drive Burst can be activated at long range is more of a gameplay balancing mechanic than a character-derived detail, since most of the attacks involved in Full Drive Bursts are actually executed at long range.

Would it be fair to call him a Strike Artist like Vivio?
No, Yuuno is like a weird support type mage, where he has some offensive spells albeit they are projectiles, but most of his spells rely either on defense, binding, support, or healing.

If we go by the canon positions of a team, you can best determine their best potential will lie at. This is usually how I kinda view the characters and their placements.

Front Attackers: Front line assault, close combat heavy focus, breaks through enemy defensive lines, is their team's defensive line.
Vivio Takamachi
Einhart Stratos
Vita
Signum

Guard Wings: The quick assault/defense class, can switch between assaulting opponents or being defensive for others. Focuses more on speed than anything.
Fate Testarossa
Levi

Center Guards: Stand-in-place shooters, Usually control battlefield with their magical projectile and artillery fire. Deals with Mid to long range combat.
Nanoha Takamachi
Stern
Hayate Yagami
Dearche

Full Back: Are supports to help the rest of the team
Shamal
Yuuno

Unclassified/Undetermined/Not Mentioned or Have traits of several classes to not be defined properly - the 'Balanced' class as it were:
Amitie Florian
Kyrie Florian
Reinforce
Chrono
Touma Avenir
Aria and Lotte Lieze - as a pair these two are really balanced.
Linith
Precia Testarossa
Yuri
Zafira
Arf

Last edited by Hayate22; 2012-01-01 at 20:10.
Old 2012-01-01, 20:28   Link #1395
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
No, Yuuno is like a weird support type mage, where he has some offensive spells albeit they are projectiles, but most of his spells rely either on defense, binding, support, or healing.
"Strike artist" is not synonymous with "Front Attacker" nor exclusive with "Full Back".

Yes, Yuuno is a Full Back, not a Front Attacker. That doesn't mean he can't be a strike artist.

Corona attends the same strike arts lessons as Rio and Vivio despite being a golem-master, right?

Also, Signum could serve as a Center Guard by using Bogenform for regular shooting attacks. Sturmfalken doesn't have to be that form's only spell.
Old 2012-01-01, 21:14   Link #1396
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
"Strike artist" is not synonymous with "Front Attacker" nor exclusive with "Full Back".

Yes, Yuuno is a Full Back, not a Front Attacker. That doesn't mean he can't be a strike artist.

Corona attends the same strike arts lessons as Rio and Vivio despite being a golem-master, right?

Also, Signum could serve as a Center Guard by using Bogenform for regular shooting attacks. Sturmfalken doesn't have to be that form's only spell.
Strike Arts is using martial arts, mostly punches to fire projectiles, that's how Vivio, Ginga, and Subaru are generally doing it. Yuuno fires them like a normal mage without a device. Thus why I don't consider him as one.

Subaru's style is Strike Arts and in turn Vivio who learns this style is a Strike Artist, or Strike Arts User. Yuuno isn't. He isn't considered as one canon-wise either. Yuuno's martial arts ability is not even anywhere near that. Canon wise, he is only considered as a support class, but has no indications of being a close range fighter. Check anime, and manga version of him since they only show him being mostly away from his opponents. Using chain binds and defensive shields to do his battling.

Signum can't serve as a Center Guard, her attack styling is too much of that as a Front Attacker. Her Bow Form has no other known spell so far canon wise. Plus in StrikerS anime she tells Vice that she is an 'old-fashioned Belkan knight' meaning she is highly specialized in one form of combat and magic style. She makes the mentioned that she cannot teach Erio or Subaru because they are using mixed styles of Midchildan and Modern Belkan magics. And she cannot teach Teana or Caro since they are back up types, Teana being a Center Guard. The only real skill that she would be only able to convey/teach to them is how to get into range of the opponent and cut them asunder. Which tells us that Signum's primary weapon proficiency is her sword and chain-sword modes. During the A's anime, Signum debates whether or not that her Sturmfalken would be even to hit Fate since she is fast. This eludes that her Bow Form is a disadvantage against mobile targets, especially fast ones. This also eludes that her Sturmfalken has no homing ability at all, it's a straight shot.

Being a Center Guard is being able to shoot many different kinds of magic projectile spells at the same time to fit the need of the situation from a stand-in-place. Signum has shown little usage of using such spells nor does she show the usual mannerisms of a Center Guard's focus on mid-to-long range combat engagement. Manga, anime, and games all support this since her bow form is the least used out of all three of her armed device modes unless she plans to use her bow form to do the long range one-hit shot take down. But this only works if the target is stationary long enough.
Old 2012-01-01, 21:17   Link #1397
Feito Testarossa
Lighting 1

I been so wanting to play this game but I'm having slight issues on Jpcsp. >.> Other than that omgz Precia. I so wanna fight her as Fate
Old 2012-01-01, 21:24   Link #1398
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^^ Bogenform serves more as an auxiliary mode, be for launching a devastating single shoot attack against a paralized target or to ambush/hunt unsuspecting ones(altough ambush isn't Signum's main mean of combat).

About her capabilities Hayate22 is mostly right, she's almost stuck as a front attacker, che can maneuver around this a bit with Schlagenform but at the end of the day she's still a purist swordfighter. In that regard it's one of the most valuable contributions Agito contributes with. She allows Signum access to mid and long range fire spells as also cartridge-free ignition for Laevatein which give Signum very usefull tools to fight a bit closer as a center guard against non-Eclipse adversaries.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-01, 21:24   Link #1399
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feito Testarossa View Post
I been so wanting to play this game but I'm having slight issues on Jpcsp. >.> Other than that omgz Precia. I so wanna fight her as Fate
I don't think I've seen you around here before, so, first, let me say hello.

Secondly, cute avatar and sig, she seems familiar, but I'm not sure why.

And last, I can't wait to get the game so I can use Linith against the twins.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 21:29   Link #1400
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^^ Bogenform serves more as an auxiliary mode, be for launching a devastating single shoot attack against a paralized target or to ambush/hunt unsuspecting ones(altough ambush isn't Signum's main mean of combat).

About her capabilities Hayate22 is mostly right, she's almost stuck as a front attacker, che can maneuver around this a bit with Schlagenform but at the end of the day she's still a purist swordfighter. In that regard it's one of the most valuable contributions Agito contributes with. She allows Signum access to mid and long range fire spells as also cartridge-free ignition for Laevatein which give Signum very usefull tools to fight a bit closer as a center guard against non-Eclipse adversaries.
As Akiyoshi points out here. Without Agito, she is primarily a Front Attacker, being mostly a sword user. With Agito in Unison, her battle style changes to be a very devastating one-man army fighter, but only if she is Unisoned with Agito, who provides the mid to long range spells.

-----------------------------

Also welcome to Animesuki Forums, Feito Testarossa! Like the avatar XD