AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-03, 14:07   Link #21
Vocah

Hmm, if only the MC would be some other kind of person... I can't stand this Bell guy (and it has nothing to do with the voice actor), please someone tell me that he gets better than what was shown in ep1.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:14   Link #22
Draco Spirit

And on a random note, who that goddess previous voiced, she sounds somewhat familiar but I can't place her.

On a plotty note... seem this is going for a character driven style of story with the MC having no lack of romantic options (I can see that's there going to a lot of comady derived from the rivalries).

The Goddess seems a bit Tsundere, but more flirty and honest about her affections than most.

The Leader/hero crush seems to of the cool refined type, but I bet she the sort with real issues opening up to anyone as well.

The maid and banker elf seem likely to be the sorts that talk with the MC about thoughts and feeling stuff than take the limelight themselves.

The other guild members are hard to judge at the moment, but I suspect Mr Firebrand going to be a early headache for the MC, before they bond and become best bros over something.

The other goddess (Loki I think?) seems to be comic relief, but who knows?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:17   Link #23
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
And on a random note, who that goddess previous voiced, she sounds somewhat familiar but I can't place her.
Inori Minase (Eddelrittuo (Princess' servant) in Aldnoah.Zero, Asaku Mibu in Black Bullet, Reema (new blonde girl) in Suisei no Gargantia OVA
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:22   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a lot to be impressed with in terms of the MC at the start anyways. Lucky not to be dead after the suicidal trip to the dungeon. Just incredibly lucky that he didn't get killed off on the way back. Probably not the best move to have an emotional freak out in a place like that. But at least there's room to improve if nothing else .

Hestia is a pretty fun character. Can certainly get the internal conflict that she's glad that Bell is going to get stronger in a hurry (power of one-sided love FTW), but upset that it had nothing to do with her.

Anyways not a bad start overall. Got a feel for the main characters and will see where things go from here. At the very least he probably could use some actual people fighting with him just so he doesn't run off and get himself killed alone.
Old 2015-04-03, 14:23   Link #25
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Really good, as some has said: "Hestia is love, Hestia is life".
Bell's voice is like a mix of Kirito GGO when he is pretending to be a girl(scenes of him talking about Aiz), Sora(regular voice), and angry Kirito(while angry).
Old 2015-04-03, 14:28   Link #26
R.LocK
My turn

Why'd I come here. I almost finished brainwashing myself into believing that there was no Kirito's VA. Ugh.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:31   Link #27
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Hestia the best. Good start to the adaptation.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:46   Link #28
Jerseykid

I was entertained
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 14:50   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Hestia best girl. So far the anime is off to a good start. Animation is all right though I might need some time getting used to Bell's voice.
Old 2015-04-03, 14:52   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

Solid start ... definitely a keeper for me for the rest of the season.

Don't worry, the MC will grow. He'll always be a bit naive, but he is far from useless.

And if you don't know the story, but already like Hestia: You haven't seen nothing yet. Episode 2 will be when you see how much she shines. Usually I hate lolis, and I'm no oppai fan either. But I _adore_ Hestia. She is one of the most endearing characters I've come across, and lord knows I've seen my share of anime and read my share of novels.

Now if only Syr and Ryu would look more like in the mangas *sniff*. Sorry, the granny-grey really doesn't become Syr.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 15:06   Link #31
Enternal

Yeah the MC will grow into a very worth MC. Oh, and remember he's only 14 so give him some slack.

Anyways, I'm an Aizu fan from the beginning so that won't change but yes Hestia is ADORABLE. Plus she's a favorite to some because she's an oppai loli. Thinking about mangatron...

But seriously though, I would love some more Syr and Ryu.

Last edited by Enternal; 2015-04-03 at 15:19.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 15:08   Link #32
Top Sergeant

I just watched Ep. 1 of Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and I ill say that I think this is definitely going to be a keeper for me! I LOVE the way it takes all those Fantasy RPG tropes literally: characters talking about leveling, and increasing their stats such as Dexterity and Strength, and monsters being generated by the Dungeon itself without and rhyme or reason other than they are of the appropriate level I'm really liking how they were able to catch all that from the source materiel.

I like the art as well, Its not gorgeous like Soronowoto, but it really fits the theme of this anime perfectly.

Excellent start!
Old 2015-04-03, 15:24   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, while the MC is a bit....something at the moment, there's room to grow. While I wouldn't say going nuts in the midst of a dungeon was a smart move, it was a move so it at least shows he can change along the way.

Certainly props to Hestia having me pulling for her right out of the gate . Plus at least she isn't sitting around doing nothing, but actually helping make up for the lack of income by doing some work herself .
Old 2015-04-03, 15:27   Link #34
p-kun

The world reminds me of Etrian Odyssey, which is fantastic. I hope that there will be FOE-type enemies soon. The characters and plot do not appeal so far.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 15:29   Link #35
ookamigirl

This reminded me of Tower of Druaga at first glance.
That Bell sure has an interesting friend..
He himself is interesting as a character.
This anime could be good, but only time will tell.
Will give it an episode or two before I decide.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 15:48   Link #36
Mentar
Banned

They made one change for the worse, though - at the very end, after the ED, when Hestia helped injured Bell on the bed. In the original story, when she makes the suggestion to sleep together in the bed, and Bell doesn't refuse, Hestia reacts _ecstatic_ and decides to hug him there, reeal close. Let's see how ep2 starts.

Her panicked reaction in the anime is _wrong_, because it's completely against her character. Hestia pursues her love for Bell very openly and determinedly. Her pseudo-prude reaction is completely off. The hell only knows why they made this change.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 15:48   Link #37
Malicre

The RPG elements are fine but ill be damned if we didn't just get another useless and annoying MC.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:03   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, this is pleasantly light hearted. I don't even dislike the MC's airheadedness, it fits with the rest. A keeper.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:08   Link #39
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Everyone knows this is the reason why the LN was good and why the adaptation is going to be at the same level.

Spoiler for Hestia:
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 16:35   Link #40
Blueknight78

omg, another random harem with anoter random whatever mc/clueless which can't see the girls are in love with him and even while he want a girlfriend he is just to freaking stupid to notice the things, really why this sort of mc is so popular among the otakus why is so hard to see a mc which actually more "mainly" or "normal" toward girls(i'm not asking for pervs mcs).

this is one of the reasons is so hard for me watch/root for harems most of the times or the mc is a near chickening guy or a full clueless mc which can't undesrtand the girls having hots for him or a jut stupid overthetop perve, we rarelly get a balance here.

i really hate how most of the harem you can classifie the mc in 3 types
perv
clueless
coward

Tags
dungeon crawler, dungeons, elves, fantasy, goddesses, gods, light novel adaptation