AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 21:15   Link #9561
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
So girl #2 gets back to me about the trip to the museum on Saturday. She's asking if her friend can come along (friend is a girl).

Feels like yet another setback. Would've preferred if it were just me and her only without anyone else tagging along. ( -_-)
Ouch. Seems like your getting friendzoned here too. I'm kind of wondering if she is bringing her friend just for security reasons or maybe she only sees you a friend so far. Or maybe a bit of both. One way or the other just enjoy yourself and have a good time.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:55   Link #9562
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Ouch. Seems like your getting friendzoned here too. I'm kind of wondering if she is bringing her friend just for security reasons or maybe she only sees you a friend so far. Or maybe a bit of both. One way or the other just enjoy yourself and have a good time.
Probably security. Best-case scenario, she's a wingman for her. I told her it's okay to bring her friend. I'll just figure things out from there when it happens.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 14:30   Link #9563
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Probably security. Best-case scenario, she's a wingman for her. I told her it's okay to bring her friend. I'll just figure things out from there when it happens.
Then get a wingman of your own. A true wingman will take the bullet and take care of the possible grenade for you.
Old 2011-09-22, 14:34   Link #9564
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Double Date!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 14:35   Link #9565
solomon

I wouldn't worry too much about that this one time.

Have fun and see if you can't strengthen your rappaport and relationship with the lady (while not totally disregarding her friend too). Doesn't mean that you can't still have fun.

Still, sometime in the future (SOONER rather than later). I'd try and carefully choose a time and place that you want to meet up (JUST YOU TWO) so that you can really judge if she wants to "take the next step".

Not trying to be pushy or anything, I'm using the "if I were in his shoes". I've let a lot of things go by because I didn't persue them enough in a direct fashion and after a while, especially if I were pinning for another. I'd follow what Mystique said, "tie up loose ends and try another angle". You're gonna want to let the woman know that you are interested in her as MORE THAN A FRIEND. Otherwise, shit will just get dragged out.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:41   Link #9566
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Still, sometime in the future (SOONER rather than later). I'd try and carefully choose a time and place that you want to meet up (JUST YOU TWO) so that you can really judge if she wants to "take the next step".

Not trying to be pushy or anything, I'm using the "if I were in his shoes". I've let a lot of things go by because I didn't persue them enough in a direct fashion and after a while, especially if I were pinning for another. I'd follow what Mystique said, "tie up loose ends and try another angle". You're gonna want to let the woman know that you are interested in her as MORE THAN A FRIEND. Otherwise, shit will just get dragged out.
I hear ya. I've been down that road quite a lot. After the weekend I'll reach out to her to see if she's interested in doing something during the week.

I tell her it's cool to bring her friend along and I asked if she wanted to do something after the museum closes up at 6PM (thinking maybe to go somewhere to eat). She replies that she's going to a dinner/going away party for her friend (unknown if the party is for the same friend going with us to the museum) and that I should "come with."

Twitter
Old 2011-09-22, 20:00   Link #9567
Cyanoctopus
I'm Stupid
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Cyanoctopus
You should probably go with.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:07   Link #9568
solomon

Yea dude, go. You can earn points.

Not saying you need to ask her steady right this second.

Just makes sure to aim for some clarity sooner than later.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 16:47   Link #9569
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I hear ya. I've been down that road quite a lot. After the weekend I'll reach out to her to see if she's interested in doing something during the week.

I tell her it's cool to bring her friend along and I asked if she wanted to do something after the museum closes up at 6PM (thinking maybe to go somewhere to eat). She replies that she's going to a dinner/going away party for her friend (unknown if the party is for the same friend going with us to the museum) and that I should "come with."

You should seriously go for it. It's a great chance to get some talking in a nice setting and, if anything goes wrong, it might be a good way to meet some new people.
Old 2011-09-23, 17:02   Link #9570
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Whitepearl, I'll post this link, and you can look it over. Although I feel it's good advice for everyone. And despite it being a cracked link, the ending is kinda sweet. ;p

5 Ways You Know It's Time To Get Married

Building off my previous link, it's never really the person you developed feelings for and wanted to date that is the good person you need to be with. It's the friend who can accept you totally and who you don't feel you need to put on airs for. In short, girls who friendzone are completely missing the point, because the friend really is the best person they could ask for.

So, whitepearl, if you feel you are putting on any kind of show for either of the girls, you may want to rethink things. Just go, hang out, have fun. Don't make any moves, unless it is blatantly obvious they want you. Don't let yourself be used by #1, either; many girls will get you to do things for them but have no plans of giving anything back in return. So if you do decide to do things for her (resume, cover letter, etc.), make sure you are okay with the knowledge that nothing may come of it.

If you are yourself, and they like you, then you're good. It's a nice way to weed out those that aren't good, because if you are yourself and you're honest and they run for the hills, then they aren't as good a person as you thought.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 23:46   Link #9571
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Whitepearl, I'll post this link, and you can look it over. Although I feel it's good advice for everyone. And despite it being a cracked link, the ending is kinda sweet. ;p

5 Ways You Know It's Time To Get Married

Building off my previous link, it's never really the person you developed feelings for and wanted to date that is the good person you need to be with. It's the friend who can accept you totally and who you don't feel you need to put on airs for. In short, girls who friendzone are completely missing the point, because the friend really is the best person they could ask for.

So, whitepearl, if you feel you are putting on any kind of show for either of the girls, you may want to rethink things. Just go, hang out, have fun. Don't make any moves, unless it is blatantly obvious they want you. Don't let yourself be used by #1, either; many girls will get you to do things for them but have no plans of giving anything back in return. So if you do decide to do things for her (resume, cover letter, etc.), make sure you are okay with the knowledge that nothing may come of it.

If you are yourself, and they like you, then you're good. It's a nice way to weed out those that aren't good, because if you are yourself and you're honest and they run for the hills, then they aren't as good a person as you thought.
Thanks for the link. Nice surprise ending. A lot of good points were made in that article that people my age tend to overlook (just my opinion).

It does seem like Girl #2 has sort of taken the lead...

Twitter
Old 2011-09-25, 11:54   Link #9572
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

The friend that was supposed to go with her to the museum couldn't make it. It ended up being me and her only.

It was nice, though almost half of the museum was closed off because of new exhibits being installed. Having some time to kill, we thought it would be a good idea to walk from Midtown all the way to the place we were going for this going-away party.

Little did we know how long that ended up taking. We took a few breaks and chatted the whole way down. The bar was a German bar celebrating Oktoberfest (awesome food) with a very festive atmosphere.

We went to a couple bars afterward; left from the second one because I had to get back. While walking, she did tell me about a Thai restaurant she wanted to try out. Once I got home I asked if we should check it out and she said we should.

Good weekend.

Twitter
Old 2011-09-25, 17:53   Link #9573
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
The friend that was supposed to go with her to the museum couldn't make it. It ended up being me and her only.

It was nice, though almost half of the museum was closed off because of new exhibits being installed. Having some time to kill, we thought it would be a good idea to walk from Midtown all the way to the place we were going for this going-away party.

Little did we know how long that ended up taking. We took a few breaks and chatted the whole way down. The bar was a German bar celebrating Oktoberfest (awesome food) with a very festive atmosphere.

We went to a couple bars afterward; left from the second one because I had to get back. While walking, she did tell me about a Thai restaurant she wanted to try out. Once I got home I asked if we should check it out and she said we should.

Good weekend.
If you don't make your move at the resturant, I'll disown you, lol.
Means to hint hint at going there if she forgets about it over the few weeks.

The-powers-that-be pulled a few strings for you this weekend, don't get overly friendly with her in a 'nice guy im only platonic' kinda way

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 19:04   Link #9574
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Yeah. Seems like you've levelled up. What are you going to spend your skill points on? I've heard Knowledge(cooking) can work out really well, but I can't deny the advantages of Wrestling...

Far as I can see, all the game guides say it's best to invite her over to your house, though you have to be careful, there's one or two traps in the dialogue trees. Have you played any of the other routes?
Old 2011-09-25, 21:56   Link #9575
Knightrunner

Quote:

Good weekend.
lol I'm wondering if this is her sly way of asking you to a date without feeling obligating for counting as a real date just in case something didn't work out. Lets just say I think you pass the first test. If you didn't accept her friend she might have canceled on you, but since you did she looks at you more in a positive note. I'll be rooting for you
Old 2011-09-25, 22:41   Link #9576
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post

The-powers-that-be pulled a few strings for you this weekend, don't get overly friendly with her in a 'nice guy im only platonic' kinda way
I've a poor track record of doing this so I have a decent idea how not to let history repeat itself.

I'll see if she wants to go sometime in the next couple weeks.

Twitter
Old 2011-09-25, 22:51   Link #9577
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Yeah. Seems like you've levelled up. What are you going to spend your skill points on? I've heard Knowledge(cooking) can work out really well, but I can't deny the advantages of Wrestling...

Far as I can see, all the game guides say it's best to invite her over to your house, though you have to be careful, there's one or two traps in the dialogue trees. Have you played any of the other routes?
Haven't gone through all routes yet.

Twitter
Old 2011-09-26, 05:30   Link #9578
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh God, you know you really lucked out that time,
some invisible dude is definitely setting that up.

But in all seriousness, 100% power must be diverted to
that upcoming thing you've got, if you fail, it's game over.

Good luck.
Old 2011-09-26, 05:34   Link #9579
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
I've a poor track record of doing this so I have a decent idea how not to let history repeat itself.

I'll see if she wants to go sometime in the next couple weeks.
Don't wait, do it now! Ask her out for next Weekend! This Friday!

Why wait?
Old 2011-09-26, 09:45   Link #9580
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Don't wait, do it now! Ask her out for next Weekend! This Friday!

Why wait?
It depends on the girl, but sometimes, if a guy remains cool and not too 'cushy', he can use that restaurant invite as a 'date' in a few weeks when things have chilled and both are getting on with life, etc etc.

Just an alternative, only WP can figure out the situation the best since we're all behind comps

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom