AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 05:39   Link #921
II Maestro

This has some similarities to Valvrave, Like in 1st season not explaining much about the story and ending it with a cliffhanger while in 2nd season they explain how the story start before the MC appear.

Like how Aoba can just couple with another pilot other than Dio.
Old 2014-02-10, 08:21   Link #922
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Hmmm 6 episodes in and this show is still not doing much for me other than my interest in Hina and Aoba's story. Other than that, neither the plot nor the cast is standing out.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:49   Link #923
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Ep 6 had a more light-hearted atmosphere, and there wasn't even much tension in the battle with the imperial guards. The scene with Hina observing the fawns was cute though. All this time, with the exception of episode 1, she's been depicted as quite the soldier, so it's nice to see a warmer side of her.

Anyhow, the show seems to be taking its sweet time. I'm hoping for it to be two-cour.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:32   Link #924
username31

watched with sub, despite this one is filler episode it was so funny though...and nice battle at the end...
username31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 11:25   Link #925
ookamigirl

Well, this was a useless episode.
Nothing much was going on at all.
It was more of a fan service/relaxed movie making.
The episode ending offered some more exciting stuff.
Still, it was not enough to make up for the boredom before.
After watching this I can't help to wonder why am I still watching it?
Guess I'm still hoping to see the Aoba & Hina time travel mystery explained.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 12:34   Link #926
Flames

This ep was absolutely meant to be a setup episode for the future enemies we will be seeing and a showcase of the infighting happening in Zogilia. The major points of this ep was that it seem the military still wants to keep Aoba existence as a secret. So they sent a new coupler to promote their propaganda along with possibly being a back-up just in case Aoba starts to act up. We also see the changes that Dio is going through by his waveform change which possibly could be because of his friendship deepening with Aoba. That's keeping him from coupling with the new guy.

I'm curious about Aoba mental state since him coupling with the new guy was made a deal out of. Something must be off with Aoba to make him being able to couple in high levels like this.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 13:41   Link #927
bakaouji

Fromm has Zogilia written all over his face. And I'm not saying this just because I'm prejudiced against his VA.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 13:49   Link #928
Jehuty

I am really liking this series, but I can't for the life of me get over "akushepshion". "akuseppto" I can understand, "akushepting" as well. But man... asdlfkjwdkljglkjh
Old 2014-02-10, 16:21   Link #929
mikethepokemaster

Now i geet what everybody is saying about this episode it does seem like the writers are taking this slow so maybe they are going to split it into a second season. Well look like Dio love interest is not into him anymore i wounder if Dio will have a love interest at all maybe not. What kind of name is Fromm i be embarrassed if my name was anything like that. Hope they have split season if not they'll going to rush the ending and leave some plot hole i guess this a small project.
mikethepokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:22   Link #930
mikethepokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Fromm has Zogilia written all over his face. And I'm not saying this just because I'm prejudiced against his VA.
Who is his VA by the way.
mikethepokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:40   Link #931
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I am really liking this series, but I can't for the life of me get over "akushepshion". "akuseppto" I can understand, "akushepting" as well. But man... asdlfkjwdkljglkjh
I guess they felt that word sounded cooler than any other synonym of it. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acception

Oh well. You know how these shows are with their engrish.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:40   Link #932
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Hmmm 6 episodes in and this show is still not doing much for me other than my interest in Hina and Aoba's story. Other than that, neither the plot nor the cast is standing out.
Yeah, I have to say I've been pretty disappointed with every episode so far. Episode 6 is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm going to have to drop this out of sheer boredom.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 16:43   Link #933
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
This has some similarities to Valvrave, Like in 1st season not explaining much about the story and ending it with a cliffhanger while in 2nd season they explain how the story start before the MC appear.

Like how Aoba can just couple with another pilot other than Dio.
I don't know how to explain it but I think technically Aoba can couple with anyone as long as they are in the same...."wavelength". That term doesn't describe it well, but something like that I suppose. I want to see if he'll do it with pilots other than Dio and the new guy. (Haven't seen the new ep. yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Yeah, I have to say I've been pretty disappointed with every episode so far. Episode 6 is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm going to have to drop this out of sheer boredom.
I'm curious, but what don't you like about this show? Too generic? Pace too slow? Characters somewhat unoriginal?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 17:56   Link #934
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly not surprising at this point that Aoba is a bit of an oddity. Just a complete match there with yet another coupler. Though I think Dio's pure skills still makes him the best option. While yeah Aoba and Fromm have insane matching Fromm really doesn't seem to have the skills to bring up Aoba's level as much as Dio does. Sure they said the guy was perfectly good, but doesn't mean he's as good.

A good chance to see some more of Hina and get a look at her character. Certainly a pretty tight group with the Zogilia pilots. Though it seems to just leave the impression that something really big is going to happen that will convince Hina to side with Aoba.

Overall a solid episode. Though the feeling that they might not have enough time for just throwing around solid episodes. Unless Fromm is seriously going to drive the plot a bit it didn't seem to be as necessary an episode. Guess it helped show the stupidity of the Alliance. "Hey we've got a badass system going here....what idiot signed off on this!?"
Old 2014-02-10, 19:18   Link #935
VTHokiePride

Is it just me, but do Aoba and Fromm kind of look similar?
Old 2014-02-10, 19:21   Link #936
Nakorius

Is it only me that thought "Death Flag" when Fromm decided to stay on the ship? His Beryl will be targeted by the elite guard.. He has zero chances of survival.
Old 2014-02-10, 19:55   Link #937
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I say Aoba has a harem of Coupler who is compatible with him, imagine him connecting with like more than just 1 person? Oh yeah, if this is true Zogilia is gonna be screwed. Speaking of Zogilia, we have "All hail Zogilia!" than "Death to the enemies of Zogilia!" to now "Servant of Zogilia!", they must be helluva patriotic compared to the Federation.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-02-10 at 20:11.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 20:25   Link #938
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
I feel the exact same way. There's something fishy about him. Even if he's not related to Zogilia, I still don't trust him.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:32   Link #939
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
Who is his VA by the way.
Yuuki Kaji. He played Q-Vier in Valvrave. lol
Old 2014-02-10, 23:16   Link #940
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Aoba is the master of NTR in many ways...
i can't refute with that, and looking at how bizon and Hina this ep, no wonder he turn psycho back in ep 1.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel