AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 16:15   Link #741
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Weren't there suppose to be just 2 rifles?
Old 2010-02-08, 16:39   Link #742
ramlaen

its perspective, the gun is pointing over her head
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 16:50   Link #743
Roardel

Helvetia has the National Prohibition Act or Government monopoly on alcohol.
I laughed at Rio’s gang style. Nice parody!
I was surprised that Misio isn’t a war orphan but her mother died of the disease that mentioned “devil” in episode 1.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:47   Link #744
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
Helvetia has the National Prohibition Act or Government monopoly on alcohol.
I laughed at Rio’s gang style. Nice parody!
I was surprised that Misio isn’t a war orphan but her mother died of the disease that mentioned “devil” in episode 1.
I thought Misio was a war orphan. Dad is MIA. I thought that mom may have been a victim of biochemical warfare.
Old 2010-02-08, 20:12   Link #745
ReddyRedWolf

Well this episode confirms that some guys in town would like to tap a piece of maiden's ass from the fortress. Felicia turning down a date offer. This would indicate indicate some guys like their fortress girls mature like wine.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 20:53   Link #746
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You can always tell when the creative team has no experience with weaponry :P
Nah....it just means don't stand next to Kanata in combat.

EDIT: EP 6....Finally...some action. Shows why you don't screw with the military even if they are all little girls :P

Does anyone else think that their packs in ep 5 were ridiculously heavy if they were strong enough to fire HMGs on full auto standing upright without support? Even if they were blanks the recoil is...not to be laughed at.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-02-08 at 21:25.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 23:52   Link #747
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 23:59   Link #748
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

LOL @ Noels face when they were "blasting" away the "thugs".
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 00:19   Link #749
ReddyRedWolf

LOL Another tradition among the fortress girls is bootlegging. Noel and Kureha found out on their own. No doubt Klaus knows about this. Bastard was bribed.

Kanata isn't suspicious enough and too trusting. She was the inspiration for the fake rub out so the mafia won't dare come to the fortress girl's territory.

Guess that solves Noel's money problem in rebuilding the tank. No wonder she can order custom parts.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 00:54   Link #750
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok this was pretty fun to watch. I wasn't really sure if it was being faked or not at the start. I was pretty sure, but they seemed so damn serious when gunning those guys down . Not a bad plan though since it had quite the effect. Well that definitely explains the source of their cash. Considering they are way out there they have to take care of themselves. Does help with the money problems.

But yeah don't think they can tell Kanata. The girl is too good to know they are committing a crime. Plus shouldn't be an issue since she doesn't suspect where the money is really coming from. Probably for the best since I don't think she can keep a secret.

Definitely more serious than I was expecting from the title.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:04   Link #751
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Ok this was pretty fun to watch. I wasn't really sure if it was being faked or not at the start. I was pretty sure, but they seemed so damn serious when gunning those guys down . Not a bad plan though since it had quite the effect. Well that definitely explains the source of their cash. Considering they are way out there they have to take care of themselves. Does help with the money problems.
I thought they were serious at the start and I was like H*** S*** they just murdered three people, and they're so dam calm about it . Then when realized they faked I went oh duh...

Also Kanata moe rose good bit this episode my eyes cause that outfit was very cute, and her accidentally smashing the car was awesome .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 01:57   Link #752
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Noel + Big Gun = LOVE!
Spoiler for Picture behind the cut...:
Yea, I don't know how Noel could fire the gun without the gun knocking her backward. Watching this video, the person needed the bipod on the same gun to help him balance himself when he was firing it.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 02:34   Link #753
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Noel + Big Gun = LOVE!
Don't forget the suit and hat in that equation
Old 2010-02-09, 03:22   Link #754
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Who want to bet against that they had live ammo just in case and that this scam of Felicia was just remake of one of her backup plans? I'm certainly not...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 03:42   Link #755
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha, they're a little band of bootleggers too!?

FIGHT THE POWER!!!
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 03:46   Link #756
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
Yea, I don't know how Noel could fire the gun without the gun knocking her backward. Watching this video, the person needed the bipod on the same gun to help him balance himself when he was firing it.
Blanks would have less recoil, of course the MG is still way too big for Noel.

One wonders where the girls plant the vineyard for their wine.

On another note from the 07 preview pic we are going into series mode next ep
http://www.sorawoto.com/arasuji/index.html#story07
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 03:59   Link #757
Sol Falling

ep 6:

I gotta admit, I am starting to feel the moe. For some reason it doesn't actually help me like the characters though. I watch scenes which should theoretically be epic and awesome and amazing and stuff, i.e. the mobster cosplay sequence (the staff clearly had great fun with that, Felicia's performance was undeniably inspired), and somehow it comes off as pandering.

I can also palpably sense the hypothetical emotion and poignancy behind stuff like the 'braid my hair for me, onee-san' scene, and know that there really is tremendous skill and feeling behind that, real 'anime no chikara', and nonetheless come away completely uninspired/unaffected. It's strange.

Well, whatever. Main point today is how I've realized I hate how writers make characters frivolously throw out lines like 'I hate fate', 'I hate predestination', 'I hate things which are given or forced upon you' in fiction, as if they'd really spent any true or genuine thinking about the idea at all, just for the sake of communicating some vapid 'characterization'. Real encounters and considerations on fate are like what Kanata experienced, a spiritual sense of rightness or correctness in the vast unknowable machinations of the world, something one slowly comes to wonder at and take peace in. And I am simultaenously half-glad and half-miffed at the way this episode handled the issue, that they might really have understood what Kanata meant as she expressed that sentiment, and yet still they made Rio throw out such a shallow and thoughtless counterpoint.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:12   Link #758
bbee

Well, 6 eps into the show and it's the same meaningless go-nowhere moeblob parade that it was after ep 2. I could copy my comments from back then verbatim.

There is absolutely no story, as shown by the fact that you could watch eps 2-6 out of order and not miss a thing. If there was any narrative arc here, by any reasonable means it should have started by now. The events in each seperate episode (calling them "stories" would be a stretch) are designed to inflict maximum moeblob exposure upon the viewer, and nothing else. As if the "girls frolic in the mountains" episode wasn't bad enough, ep six gives us "moeblobs firing obscenely large entrenchment weaponry".

Oh and the big secret.. A moonshine racket! Nowai.. And here's me thinking that it might actually be something that would have tied into the lore of the region and kickstarted the story in some way. Moeblobs playing army, moonshining, bathing and getting up to no good..
Could the show have concievably been any more contentless? Why not just have characters jumping up and down in front of a white background while making cute noises? As evidenced by Isshoni Training, the otaku will still buy it and the rest of us won't have to suffer it.
Really, the suck here is so evident that I shouldn't even have to explain it.. I won't make the same mistake I made with K-On, I'm dropping this drivel right now.

tl;dr: What Sol Falling said, only with more hate because I've always hated moeblobs and I've come to hate this show.
Old 2010-02-09, 08:20   Link #759
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
tl;dr: What Sol Falling said, only with more hate because I've always hated moeblobs and I've come to hate this show.
The path to the dark side, it is.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:58   Link #760
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Ho ho ho, did I just see Luck Gandor?

Cowardly lookalike!

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life