Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 07:58   Link #7181
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
No, That's not true... Meena sounds very simmilar to Neena/Nena:
http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Meena

So yeah, you might wanna check your facts first.
That site counters nothing about my point

ネーナ does not equal ミーナ phonetically, and they way I romanised it means nothing as it was a clarification.

So your point that they sound alike is wrong. One is Ne, one is Mi

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 09:43   Link #7182
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Shocking! You'll never really know whether he's telling the truth or not unless you've seen the the real deal. As the saying goes as well, SEEING IS BELIEVING. So I'm not going to believe it or even disapprove it until I've seen the movie. Though it would really be annoying if descartes-neil thing would really be true. If that would be the case, then we're going back again with Destiny and Mu. I really dislike it when people bring back what's supposedly dead.
Exactly! They even made him deader than dead in the Special Edition (by having his helmetglass shatter). no way that they'll let him come back. The masses would rage
Old 2010-09-10, 10:44   Link #7183
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Now I am enraged beyond my limit.I am waiting to fangufy him when he comes online again!
Old 2010-09-10, 10:57   Link #7184
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

But in the mean time, we can spam negative rep on him!

.... Don't look at me like that, it t'was a suggestion. Does sound wicked good fun though, doesn't it?

I ehard from Roloko there was someone talking about spoilers. So I checked this place out again and it was so obviously false it was funny. "Seeing is believing" only concerns what -is- possible. I'm just saying you won't see man-bear-pig, ever. Keep to logical outcomes and all that.

I'm just waiting in utter deliht. Not even a horrible prepared troll could ruin that.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:02   Link #7185
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
After a long away from this forum..i got to see a massively,overly spoilers by someone who may watch the movie or may not at all. This is too much....
Old 2010-09-10, 11:13   Link #7186
Terin

Hey guys,

Been reading these forums for a REALLY long time, but never bothered to register until now.

If I remember correctly, there was definitely a troll in gundams.net 's forums a few years ago with the name "hyun" posting well made-up stories for Gundam SEED/Destiny (can't remember which). He was also Korean. I have a pretty good idea that it's the same guy.

Felt like I should register to actually say that. I think you guys could probably find it on their forums' over there if you searched.

Now, to initiate a real discussion:

I think the bit about Anew could be possible, but I think that's mostly luck. They have hinted on a lot of the omakes in between about Neil definitely being dead, so I'm pretty sure he's staying dead.

A thought about the ELS -- what if the ELS are actually man-made? Since the 00-verse has a lot of nanomachines and the like (Innovades, I'd assume Quantum Implants for people like Alle and Soma). What if they were part of the expedition to Jupiter -- just a science experiment on the side that they were using to help out? Perhaps they were left in the ship on Jupiter, became self-organized, and maybe they moved/migrated to the asteroid belt between Mars/Jupiter. That would explain their ability to shapeshift. Would be more interesting if Veda was the hive-mind for them and had become somewhat sentient... and that in the end, maybe Tieria becomes some kind of dominant force/will over them? That may also explain why he's being shot at in the trailers -- Veda realizes that he's the only one to have true potential to do this. Maybe the Quantum system will have the ability to break down that barrier between Veda and Tieria, allowing him to do such?

Just lots of speculation -- this is what I get for not registering a while back and now tossing all these thoughts out, haha.
Terin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:46   Link #7187
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Forum trolls never fail to make me laugh. It's so obvious they're just BSing their way through to mess with our minds, but they never understand that. As to this one guy, I really hope all the stuff he says is worthless: I can't stand it when trolls correctly predict crucial plot elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terin View Post

Now, to initiate a real discussion:

I think the bit about Anew could be possible, but I think that's mostly luck. They have hinted on a lot of the omakes in between about Neil definitely being dead, so I'm pretty sure he's staying dead.

A thought about the ELS -- what if the ELS are actually man-made? Since the 00-verse has a lot of nanomachines and the like (Innovades, I'd assume Quantum Implants for people like Alle and Soma). What if they were part of the expedition to Jupiter -- just a science experiment on the side that they were using to help out? Perhaps they were left in the ship on Jupiter, became self-organized, and maybe they moved/migrated to the asteroid belt between Mars/Jupiter. That would explain their ability to shapeshift. Would be more interesting if Veda was the hive-mind for them and had become somewhat sentient... and that in the end, maybe Tieria becomes some kind of dominant force/will over them? That may also explain why he's being shot at in the trailers -- Veda realizes that he's the only one to have true potential to do this. Maybe the Quantum system will have the ability to break down that barrier between Veda and Tieria, allowing him to do such?
First of all, welcome to the forums! We hope you'll enjoy your discussions here

You bring about a good amount of speculation to the tables From what I've seen, all the trailers have mentioned are ELS. In our context, "extraterrestrial" is defined as "not originating from Earth", so there's a possibility that thes ELS forced could very well be a rouge faction that operates independently. Before we go on, we do need to address one point: what would their motivations be? If we were discussing extraterrestrials like in the film "Independence Day", then it becomes straightforward, as these extraterrestrials simply want to consume earth's resources, and humanity stood in their way. If the ELS are of human background, then another motivation must be present, possibly, one of political or ideological differences.

Tieria is hinted to have a special role in the movie owing to his background, but recall that he merged with Veda near the end of season 2. I don't think that he will be working against Veda, but another quantum computing system possessed by the ELS. Regardless of what the ELS's origins are, I would think it would be safe to make the assumption that they are directed by a hive mind. This would account for why they attack via superior numbers, and also why Setsuna was unable to communicate with the individual spear-like probes.

It is now my turn to speculate, so bear with me for now Since one of the central elements to Gundam 00 is mutual understanding, I don't think that Tieria will be able to gain control of the ELS (which would be somewhat anticlimactic and undermine the idea of understanding). From the indicators we've seen thus far, the ELS are simply bent on annihilating humanity. It seems like the plot will center around the unification of the human spirit and resolve as the world rises up to assert our right to existence. The arrival of the ELS means that Celestial Being and the Earth Sphere Federation to set aside their ideological differences and work together to answer the threat of the ELS. It would be naturally difficult to conceal extraterrestrials from the civilians, so the joint effort between CB and the ESF will be announced...the unification this creates will likely lead to another role for the 00 Qan [T]; it will become a rally point and symbol for humanity's fight for the right of survival. I think is is the (plot-related, not technological) purpose of the Quantum system, to forge the understanding necessary for humans to take up the fight against the ELS.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 12:02   Link #7188
Terin

Not a bad thought. Could be a pre-Veda research machine out by Jupiter. Definitely plausible.

After asking a Japanese friend, he was saying how the text at the end of the trailers, "7 days until the EXTINCTION of Humanity" -- food for thought -- what if this isn't that Humanity will all die -- but rather evolve to Innovators? That would coincide with the grounds of the movie as well.

I know some people brought up "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke -- could also be that. Maybe it's that the ELS are some kind of physical representation of a higher intelligence, but has to be transmitted through some kind of waypoint.

But director was also inspired by the new Star Trek movie -- so there has to be some hint of that. Maybe Descartes was left for dead/angry for some reason, coming to destroy the Earth? Or maybe he joins the side controlling the other Quantum system.

Maybe that's also the role of the QAN[T] -- maybe it has its own Quantum computer and Setsuna can take over control of our friendly ELS funnels and turn them on each other... Ahhh!
Old 2010-09-10, 12:51   Link #7189
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Alright, what the hell just happened in the short time I was not looking at this topic? (Eid festives mind you) And that just equals 12 hours or so.

............my defences are always on btw.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:02   Link #7190
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
we got trolled, big time?
Old 2010-09-10, 13:04   Link #7191
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
After asking a Japanese friend, he was saying how the text at the end of the trailers, "7 days until the EXTINCTION of Humanity" -- food for thought -- what if this isn't that Humanity will all die -- but rather evolve to Innovators? That would coincide with the grounds of the movie as well.

But director was also inspired by the new Star Trek movie -- so there has to be some hint of that. Maybe Descartes was left for dead/angry for some reason, coming to destroy the Earth? Or maybe he joins the side controlling the other Quantum system.
That's an interesting way of putting it; it all depends on how we define human. If being able to communicate via telepathy is decidedly trans-human, then humanity would go extinct in that sense. It's a little to clean for the plot, though, and seeing how the ELS seem to have little intention of communicating with us, it'll probably be a conflict.

The Star Trek movie was wwll exectuted, and if Awakening of the Trailblazer is inspired by it, we could be in for a really good movie. If Descretes does go nuts, he will be a formidable force- the Gadeleza he pilots is 300 meters long and has fangs the size and power of a mobile suit. As good of basing the story as taking on an angry guy with a powerful mobile armor is, it would still go back to the idea of humans-vs.-humans, a premise which the director wanted to make a change from. I think the idea of Descaretes going rouge will likely be a plot element before the ELS show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Alright, what the hell just happened in the short time I was not looking at this topic? (Eid festives mind you) And that just equals 12 hours or so.
Well, we ran into a troll who was making up random content up, likely to mess with our minds, and a trailer was also released, showing meteors drawn into Jupiter's atmosphere, plus Allelujah running towards something and exhibiting his Hallelujah personality, plus Descaretes getting a headache of some sort. A lot can happen in 12 hours
Old 2010-09-10, 13:15   Link #7192
tictactor

damn, I actually thought it was real..
Why don't you guys take it with a pinch of salt.. for all we know, he could be right..
Old 2010-09-10, 13:29   Link #7193
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactor View Post
damn, I actually thought it was real..
Why don't you guys take it with a pinch of salt.. for all we know, he could be right..
We can't always believe everything we hear. This guy was a troll, so the credibility of his stuff is questionable. I'm still banking on the fact that he's just trying to mess up our discussions here and create chaos.

We usually take the stuff we see in trailers with a grain of salt, since those come directly from the top.

By the way, going briefly off topic, I'm still new here, so I'd like to learn how to embed videos into posts.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:55   Link #7194
Terin

The biggest question is whether someone who is an Innovator is a Human.

Though, a question, kind of in terms with that. Has there been any explanation yet as to if there was a change cellularly/genetically to Setsuna (obviously, he healed)? What has changed that causes him to be an innovator -- we see the high level effects -- but what about the low-level effects?

I see this going a few different ways.

If he's genetically different, then yes, Humanity evolves and becomes something other than Homo Sapien.

His cells could have a new kind of power-house or something similar (GN Particles are absorbed and have saturated cellular structure) -- this could be something like how Lucas put Midochloreans (not sure of the spelling) into Star Wars to make the Force more plausible (though I really disliked this).

But if nothing has fundamentally changed physically from him -- there's a pretty good chance we could see that Humanity will transcend to something beyond the physical form. We still don't really know the details about GN Particles other than that the green ones are good, red are bad, and Trans-AM apparently are very good.

Another question -- also dealing with nanomachines as per earlier discussion. Since there's cellular regeneration therapy and I think they said the the Innovades were kept alive eternally by nanomachines, do all people have them in their system? (i.e. in 2300, is it common place that when you get a shot for something, it's a swarm of nanomachines that kill a bacteria or disease, or cause a body part to regrow by analyzing DNA?) If so, could the GN Particles be affecting these or any trace remnants in one's body?

Or hell, maybe a new sensory organ or part of the brain is stimulated by GN Particles. We don't know.

Or maybe part of it is that GN particles are so metaphysical that they're somewhat from a higher plane?

We know that GN Drives are semi-perpetual, basically because they last a LONG time -- like millions of years, but they *would* eventually lose power, right?
Old 2010-09-10, 14:39   Link #7195
BioRanger

Quote:
The biggest question is whether someone who is an Innovator is a Human.
As long as an Innovator can breed with a Human and produce a fertile offspring, it scientifically belongs to the Homo Sapiens species.
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 14:58   Link #7196
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
A Troll infiltrated our lines of defense undetected and starting detonating prior engaged false info explosives. Horrible, horrible event. It cost us the life of Nosferatu.

Who we shall never forget, whoever the hell Nosferatu is. We will never forget his brave sacrifice.... whatever his sacrifice was.
I'm starting to suspect you fancy the idea of me being deceased.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 16:16   Link #7197
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun View Post
Spoiler for s:
Man, you know what gets me, is the fact that this one guy managed to invent mobile suits, create the perfect theory for an orbital elevator, found a super secret paramilitary organisation advanced many times beyond the current military, create a huge spaceship/asteroid on the moon, create a supercomputer powerful enough to manipulate the world, create 'evolved' clones and manage to come up with a plan to advance humanity then cryogenically freeze himself (with his monicle still on, may I add) to awaken in the event of world peace. Wow.

We all know who the main character of 00 is. He probably invented ELS too.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 16:21   Link #7198
Calvin329
I fart GN Particles

im not saying hyun is right, but let's see if we can prove him wrong by contradiction.

here's the boxart for 00 Raiser Condenser Type [note raphael behind 00R] :

Spoiler for boxart (save space):

according to hyun, tieria and setsuna supposedly have a sort of swap over, with tieria piloting 00R and setsuna raphael.

if we assume they do that in the same mission, then it's coherent with the boxart.

if not, then we still have to regard him as a fat troll until proven otherwise.

unlike in society, it's guilty until proven innocent here.
Calvin329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:01   Link #7199
miomio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin329 View Post
according to hyun, tieria and setsuna supposedly have a sort of swap over, with tieria piloting 00R and setsuna raphael.

if we assume they do that in the same mission, then it's coherent with the boxart.
here's the boxart for Raphael. 00Qan behind Raphael :
Spoiler for boxart:

Setsuna/Tieria marriage(first chibi trailer) = 00Q+"Raphael backpack" gattai???
miomio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 17:14   Link #7200
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Pay no attention to the troll, he crashes in on our topic with his fanfiction. We have a good flow of discussion n information down here n we shouldn't let certain ppl disrupt that.

By responding to him, you are encouraging him to troll us around even more, so I suggest you don't respond to him till he decides to contribute to the topic in a proper way.

Tags
gundam 00 movie