AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 15:24   Link #361
CWW
Lurker

The animation took a bit of a dive this week. That's Production IG for ya. Thankfully the story is as wonderful as I remember. Rin getting embarrassed by being pampered in front of people is so true. To me at least. Now they'll focus on Rin's mother who I didn't really find interesting, but we'll see how it goes. I much rather see Daikichi's juggling between raising a child and his own personal life (like with one of his co-workers). What a guy.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 15:47   Link #362
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I want her to get more roles, period. I haven't heard her in so long (since Ghost Hound, I think).
She recently voiced a character in an episode of Tiger & Bunny (which was a nod to her role in Big O )
Old 2011-07-30, 19:34   Link #363
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just more good episodes from this series. I like that Daikichi has found a parent that he can talk to and relate to in some ways. After all while circumstances are different they are in a sense both single parents trying to manage. While he can talk to his cousin or some coworkers having a parent with a kid the same age and going to the same places to learn is pretty handy for Daikichi.

Plenty of cute moments for Rin. Though makes a hint that things could be tricky for her at school since I doubt kids could really understand her background that easily. I loved the bit though where Daikichi just picks her up and starts running home . What a great reaction with her looking around to see if anyone could see her being carried . Was nice seeing them shop for her and Daikichi luring her into buying a desk that will last her right into high school rather than one that would only work for a few years before needing to be replaced.

Looks like we're moving towards Rin's mother. May soon get a real picture for the kind of person she is.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:48   Link #364
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

My guess on Rin mom is she was too young when she got Rin. Either that or she was running away from home and can't deal with an unwanted child
Old 2011-08-01, 20:42   Link #365
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm shamed to say but it's taken me what about 3 weeks to finally catch up with this series(or any other anime for that matter) altho I was moving house but then I've managed to find time to play some MMOs
Where theres a will theres a way

Anyway, don't think I've even commented after watching the 1st ep way back but don't matter cause all I can really say about this series is

...probably not the most appropriate phrase for the this lovely slice of life series but it's all I can think of atm

I do think the best anime this season for me, only Ikoku Mei I think could compare atm.
Old 2011-08-03, 05:45   Link #366
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

The Usagi Drop ED is made by Gekidan Inu Curry aka SHAFT workers. So that's why it looks familiar.
Old 2011-08-04, 03:32   Link #367
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Soundtrack is pretty solid. They key piano pieces from the first few episodes are there, and a few tracks i just know will fit a few certain scenes later on.

It's just an all around beautiful listen.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:27   Link #368
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

IG prod who impose himself on all the grounds , give us a lesson on how to make a slice of life like a boss !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 13:45   Link #369
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So i agree with Daikichi's mom that Rin's mom is bad. Big step by Daikichi to propose that he adopt her. Like how Rin flat out refused his offer though. Best part was the ending when Daikichi was wondering whether he was raising RIn or was she raising him.
Old 2011-08-04, 14:29   Link #370
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Every episode always seems to leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside and this episode is no exception.

I agree that Rin's mother is bad but it's obvious she's no hopeless cause either. I believe she'll come around eventually. That is if Daikichi still has the patience to keep her in the picture and I think he's a stand up guy so I think he will. Rin's mom seems kinda slow though. I wonder if it's a deeper problem.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 14:42   Link #371
bbee

Ep5 was yet another amazing ep, it made me tear up again, almost as much as ep1 did..

I am at a loss for words on just how brilliant this show is.
It's looking to be the best show in the last 4 years or so (this side of Seirei no Moribito). This show is the reason that -after more than 10 years- I still keep watching anime. In between all the shounen crap, all the repetitive ecchi silliness, all the horrible VN adaptations, every once in a while, there is a true gem that shines as brilliantly as Usagi Drop does.

I'd love to have it last forever, yet I want it to end as quickly as possible so I can read the manga..
Old 2011-08-04, 14:44   Link #372
Blaat

"Daikichi, are you crying?"
"No it's sweat!"
"But it's only March"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Rin's mom seems kinda slow though. I wonder if it's a deeper problem.
I think she has a bad case of depression or maybe some disorder or both.
Old 2011-08-04, 15:08   Link #373
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For some reason, it was the graduation scene that almost got me tearing up.

Masako is complicated. She has a complicated life and her role in the story is complicated, and it's a good thing they got a platinum-caliber seiyuu to play her.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 16:30   Link #374
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is exactly what I needed today. Usagi Drop never fails to warm my heart and put a smile on my face. Daikichi and Rin's relationship is one of the sweetest I've ever seen. Maybe raising a child isn't so so bad after all. Sadly, I doubt real children are as criminally adorable as Rin. I'm sure they have their moments, though.

Masako was pretty much nothing like I expected. She sure is an original. I can say for sure I'm not changing my mind, Kouki's mom is the perfect match for Daikichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
"Daikichi, are you crying?"
"No it's sweat!"
"But it's only March"
Eh, she's becoming pretty witty. I loved the face she made while saying that.
Old 2011-08-04, 16:31   Link #375
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Masako is somewhat broken. She’s oddly stiff and wooden, as if she’s locked her feelings away so deeply she’s afraid to let them surface.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 17:20   Link #376
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'd be afraid if this series prompts impulse adoptions by otaku in Japan.

The post-credits part had great animation this week.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 17:33   Link #377
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly it's much better to have things like this. Masako really just isn't capable of taking on that role so I say let her go off with her career. A complicated and odd person that's for sure. At any rate I don't like her.

Interesting move by Rin to stay with the Kaga last name. A girl that really doesn't share the thinking of Masako and Daikichi's mother. Think she'll be fine going that way since she's pretty mentally tough. Besides Daikichi is Daikichi, it's just as simple as that . May not be able to throw official titles around easily, but they are family.
Old 2011-08-04, 18:32   Link #378
Texas84
よろしく

Great episode. Was doing OK and the graduation scene almost got me. But the ending got me. Almost made it!

I really like the voice of Rin's mother. I'll have to look her up.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 18:37   Link #379
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Masako is somewhat broken. She’s oddly stiff and wooden, as if she’s locked her feelings away so deeply she’s afraid to let them surface.
Broken wasn't quite the impression I got of her but she doesn't seem like a fully mature person yet, she still can't seem to believe that she had a kid. I hope that once she grows up more that she and Rin begin to see each other, I'd hate to see Rin go her whole life without even the chance to connect with her mother.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 18:39   Link #380
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I'd be afraid if this series prompts impulse adoptions by otaku in Japan.
Oh, great bait for Ishihara.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance