AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-28, 09:40   Link #81
CWW
Lurker

Heathens.

There can never be enough Yui.
Old 2010-05-28, 11:12   Link #82
kotchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
I actually like the symbolism wit the turtle between Yui and Nodoka. Yui rubbed the turtle on her way up to class and Nodoka rubbed it on the way down, it was quite cute. Their friendship is just as deep rooted as Ritsu's and Mio's
You have a very good point. I hadn't noticed that.
The living turtle and the artificial turtle... We see turtles enough on K-ON!!
Old 2010-05-28, 11:23   Link #83
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That brings up the question...if Yui's the turtle, who is the hare?
Old 2010-05-28, 12:01   Link #84
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That brings up the question...if Yui's the turtle, who is the hare?
Mio. She's the one with a facade.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-28, 12:26   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Young Mio and Yui are so cute....
Old 2010-05-28, 14:50   Link #86
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I can't help but wonder how Ritsu got Mio into music now...
Old 2010-05-28, 14:52   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
I can't help but wonder how Ritsu got Mio into music now...
Probably something that involves long and hard drumsticks as well as fingering thick but slender things....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-28, 14:55   Link #88
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd guess she saw someone left handed who played bass in that video Ritsu brought over and fell in love with the idea because she'd found someone else that is left handed and good at something. And as she said she wanted to play bass because it wouldn't attract attention to herself (that didn't work out like she planned).
Old 2010-05-28, 15:08   Link #89
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'd guess she saw someone left handed who played bass in that video Ritsu brought over and fell in love with the idea because she'd found someone else that is left handed and good at something. And as she said she wanted to play bass because it wouldn't attract attention to herself (that didn't work out like she planned).
She could cut her face.....but that would be so wrong.

What she really needs to do is to accept the fact that she's pretty and physically appealing to the extent that even girls are drawn to her*. She has a bishoujo appearance that is highly marketable, but her paradigm is just way too dated that made her very close to being a really old-fashioned geisha.

One thing that makes me laugh is that Azunyan is the complete opposite of her largely in character and body while sharing almost replicating facial features and work ethic. However, this comes with another thing to laugh at : the size of their hands pretty much equivalent to the size of respective their bo... *IS SHOT*.

* - Or it could be Mugivision™ at work.

Old 2010-05-28, 15:58   Link #90
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
[watching TV]

Mio: "Who's that?"
Ritsu: "That's Paul McCartney"
Mio: "I see..."
Old 2010-05-28, 16:11   Link #91
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Paul McCartney works....though he (like Mio) attacts a lot of attention. Especially in the early 60s.
Old 2010-05-28, 18:05   Link #92
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The Beatles bode ill omen I think to look at in more than one way...

At any rate, Yui really is under tremendous set of support with Ui and Nodoka and even Azunyan more or less. Mio on the other hand only has her Watson in Ritsu in some ways...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-05-29, 04:48   Link #93
sunwen

I think Ritsu led Mio to play in left-handed to overcome her shyness.

loli Ritsu: Wow, Mio-chan you are left-handed. I envy you!!
loli Mio: I feel no envy at it. I hate being left-handed.
loli Ritsu: Why? it's cool!!
Old 2010-05-29, 07:37   Link #94
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I wish I had a loli Ritsu friend when I was a loli because I was just like Mio.
But...
I wouldn't like the "fun" ridiculing from loli Ritsu because at that age I would think that she's intentionally trying to make me cry or something.
Old 2010-05-29, 09:46   Link #95
NinjaYali
Banned

Gods bearing gifts

Good for MioxRitsu and YuiNodo flashback.

Will Victor Romeo Charlie Ann John Juliet Tango Bee Mike Anima sierra Ted

Quote:
* - Or it could be Mugivision™ at work.
Saintess, you know why Mugi was excited to hear about how MioxRitsu and YuiNodo met right?

Hmm...where did I put my YuiNodo, MioRitsu Goodend comic again

Oh well...

Questions? No? Agree with this picture? Yes?

Quote:
Yui and Ui are only one year apart. But looks wise they are twins. Though as Sawa-chan can guess Ui has the bigger boobs of the two.

Azuza on the other hand you can't help but think she is Mio's younger sister. Sawa-chan has a problem telling them apart without glasses. Again boobs being her basis of differentiation.
I swear KyoAni is pushing her siscon to no tomorrow in this anime.

Now she is getting waaaay too concerned for Yui that she even wants to live with her in future to watch out for her sister. What if Yui got married? How will her husband be able to accommodate having a doting sister that...

Spoiler for Wait...nevermind:

Quote:
I wish I had a loli Ritsu friend when I was a loli because I was just like Mio.

Mio is 20 seconds away from becoming Chizuru.
Old 2010-05-29, 11:07   Link #96
Gordy Lechance

Are you talking about the perverted flabby-fox Chizuru from Kanokon or the perverted lolicon-big-sis Chizuru from Seitokai No Ichizon ?

Anyways, am I the only one who found this episode, cute as usual notwithstanding, a little disquietening?

The girls are already 18, and from midpoint this episode on, the ponderous reality that Yui could very well become a failure for the rest of her life in a few month's time finally hits you. Ui-chan planning to give up her own future to look out for Yui just rubs the point further in.

And what the HELL was Sawa-chan sensei thinking? Unlike herself, Yui is a musical prodigy, and just because she is an old-maid who had her girlhood dreams go up in flames dosent' bloody mean she has the right to do the same to Yui!!
Old 2010-05-29, 12:55   Link #97
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
And what the HELL was Sawa-chan sensei thinking? Unlike herself, Yui is a musical prodigy, and just because she is an old-maid who had her girlhood dreams go up in flames dosent' bloody mean she has the right to do the same to Yui!!
I explained Sawako's reasoning earlier in this thread. It's not what you think it is.

Compare with Frostii's subs:

Spoiler for screenshot:

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2010-05-29 at 13:00. Reason: Added Frostii screenshot
Old 2010-05-29, 15:47   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... the joke makes total sense if you use those fansub groups that translate the writing.
Old 2010-05-29, 18:50   Link #99
iTiffany19

This was such a cute episode. The flashback scenes just had me laughing so much because they were the cutest kids ever! Yui was the most adorable though. I think she should work in a pet shop. But a part of me says she'd be better as a Kindergarten teacher. Aww. ^^ I'm disappointed we didn't get any Azu-nyan or Mugi flashbacks. I bet they were even cuter as kids! I'm looking forward to the next episode
Old 2010-05-29, 19:57   Link #100
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Cuteness overload. I'm not a fan of super kawaii toddlers, though. Still, a good episode. The relationships between main characters characters got explored a bit further.

Still, I wan't the cast to look in to the future. Hopefully that will happen in the next episode. Gogo, pick an university/whatever place you're going after school !
Closed Thread