AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 37.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-06, 23:20   Link #21
garbage

ahaha loved the episode
lotsa funny moments, even the replacement 'keima was haha'

i think nagase sensei would turn out to be my favorite girl in kaminomi ( might be a little biased considering i'm a student teacher too )
she feels like an older version of Yui ( my fave in K-on ), so genki but full of heart ^^ and oh so cute. and great way to start the episode ...

engrish teacher so funny -shiitto...- indeed ehehe no match for the godly keima

question though, loose souls enter people with "holes" in their heart right? but nagase seems genki enough, was it because of keima as in she felt bad for him or this is a special kind of loose soul and not a weak one as elsie thought? guess the next few episodes will answer that.
Old 2011-06-06, 23:33   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

At least they finally explained the reason none of the teachers care about the protagonist.
I'd still think they would go into more extreme measures though. Then again, can't beat protagonist power and his ability to produce an infinite amount of game systems out of thin air.

It's normal playing two game systems at the same time though. Very productive.
Though it tires the hands out...

Teachers suck in 2D?
...In general.
I really enjoyed Happy Lesson though. Final was a nightmare though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-06-07, 00:48   Link #23
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well, well.

I always thought Jun was more of a 2 episode girl, but by the looks of things they've expanded her into a three part arc.

And didn't do a bad job at it.

This is some what interesting as again Keima has to deal with a target who refuses to go along with his plans.
I don't know why you would think that, because in the manga her arc is longer than any of the other ones the anime's done so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
question though, loose souls enter people with "holes" in their heart right? but nagase seems genki enough, was it because of keima as in she felt bad for him or this is a special kind of loose soul and not a weak one as elsie thought? guess the next few episodes will answer that.
Obviously that will be Keima's job to figure out. Note what she was saying right when it happened though. "This time" she's gonna stay true to her ideals. "This time, for sure."
Old 2011-06-07, 03:09   Link #24
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jun is my favourite girl, this is my second favourite arc and the episode started with Jun putting on a stocking.

Life is great.
Old 2011-06-07, 03:15   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I reserved some issues with Jun previous but holy crap Toyosaki Aki fits this role perfectly.
Old 2011-06-07, 03:42   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody else got the feeling its like an Otome game with Keima as the target and Jun as the player?
Old 2011-06-07, 05:14   Link #27
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

It is truly a fantastic episode, as well as my favorite arc in this season so far.

Alright. First of all, I say; YES! Jun is indeed an extremely lovable girl I've ever seen. And so far, she's one of my favorite girl in this series~

Aww... she's so lovely~
I guess Aki Toyosaki fits her perfectly~

It is also a hilarious episode as well, including that LOLWTFBBQ English teacher. What's even funnier is when Jun pulled out something "unpredictable" to Keima till he goes blushing and being freaked out, which made him think that she looks creepy. Lovely, yet creepy.

And so do her, as she was being freaked out by Keima from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Yup, Jun approaching Keima gave him quite the shock.

Supposedly, Keima should approach her slowly but surely, as the Gaming God states on how to capture teacher types. As Keima states, teacher types are the most tedious and time-consuming to capture. But IMO, these are actually the easiest ones to capture since all you have to do is to try 1) being her pet student by not slacking off in class or 2) to have her approach you if you're a problem student.

Keima falls under the 2nd category, which is something he didn't plan for. But hey, he's the Capturing God, so no woman is too difficult for him to capture.

Spoiler for The Capturing God Says:

Probably the main reason why teacher types are unpopular among VN tropes is the great amount of time needed to capture it, unlike the other tropes shown in KamiNomi so far which only require a different kind of strategy for each trope, but all of these can be accomplished in about the same amount of time for each one.

For example, a tsundere requires a different approach than a silent type, but both of them can be captured in 100 days or less, as several VNs require you to do so.
In fact, Keima did actually capture 6 different girls, all of them requiring different strategies for each one (athlete, tsundere, yandere idol, silent type, fighter, and average girl), in around the span of one school term. As expected of the Capturing God.

But a teacher? Man, it will take a whole school year at best to capture her!

But I think this is a very interesting arc. Keima will definitely capture Jun, and we will see his game plan in the next episodes.
You know... I've been down to that road before (last year actually). The student-teacher love relationship thing, that is. Yeah, I'm among of one of them. As for the bold words about the two ways above, I've struck both two of them. But you should also add a few of these (a way before you could get along with):

1. How friendly the teacher is?
2. What's her personality?
3. What situation she's currently in? [i.e. about to transfer to another school or college etc. (starting a new life seems rare; but for young teachers, chance maybe vary)]

Also take note that high school and college has different degree of chances to win her heart. If my theory is correct, if you're in college, it could be much easier to get along with young teachers/lecturers (correct me if I'm wrong ). For me, it won't take long to capture her. Based on my personal experience, it takes for at least a month or a half to make it happen.

Oh god... No sure if this episode would struck my heart or not. Since my feelings barely fade away, even just for six months. >.<

Dammit, I've possessed an OCD back then. Okay! I'm sorry for being an idiot for this time. But I'll be honest. I did confess to my homeroom teacher back then before she left the college. >.<

Ugh... these memories... I can't... bear it. Stop!

PS: By the way, how is an older sister-figure looks like?

Last edited by Xero8420; 2011-06-07 at 05:25.
Old 2011-06-07, 07:24   Link #28
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I found it amusing after last episode that Elsie tying to back away from another of Keima's game lectures.
To be fair to Else this was a particularly creepy lecture.

About how student teachers ought to be the player character in a gal game rather then a capture target. (ie The student teacher should be the one capturing highschool girls).

And then Keima started to demonstrate using roleplay... with himself as the student teacher and Else as the highschool girl. "Right Else-kun?"

Else's response was spot on.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-06-07, 09:57   Link #29
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Not exactly the best of all the opening of the arcs so far, but well down nonetheless. But the arc, and the way it is executed shows much potential. Oh let it be as unique as Shiori's arc!
Old 2011-06-07, 09:57   Link #30
Spat

Jun is the perfect combination of beauty and cuteness! ALL HAIL THE TEACHER

This was one of my favorite arcs in the manga and I love how they stick to the manga's jokes and plot and then make it even better with the excellent voice acting and music!
Old 2011-06-07, 10:14   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What is wrong with you guys? You all into older women or what?

Don't hit me! Don't hit me!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-07, 12:52   Link #32
Echoes

Only in anime could 21 be considered old.

But you know, Elsie is still my favorite. And she's like 300 years old, so I guess I really have a thing for the older, experienced women.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:00   Link #33
Sumeragi
Banned

Jeez, even Jun is younger than me~
Old 2011-06-07, 13:24   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Jeez, even Jun is younger than me~
Older than us my dear. The manga came out in 2008, and she was 22 at the time we were 19.

Jeez, and I was bullied by a fujoshi of my age in the manga thread.....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-07, 18:59   Link #35
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What is wrong with you guys? You all into older women or what?

Don't hit me! Don't hit me!
You wonder why some guys nowadays are onto older women?
Old 2011-06-07, 21:55   Link #36
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man that stocking / hosiery scene in the beginning was right out of 'The Graduate'.

I hope they manage to keep her sexy somehow.

Otherwise <3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-06-07, 23:20   Link #37
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
It is truly a fantastic episode, as well as my favorite arc in this season so far.

Alright. First of all, I say; YES! Jun is indeed an extremely lovable girl I've ever seen. And so far, she's one of my favorite girl in this series~

Aww... she's so lovely~
I guess Aki Toyosaki fits her perfectly~

It is also a hilarious episode as well, including that LOLWTFBBQ English teacher. What's even funnier is when Jun pulled out something "unpredictable" to Keima till he goes blushing and being freaked out, which made him think that she looks creepy. Lovely, yet creepy.

And so do her, as she was being freaked out by Keima from the start.

You know... I've been down to that road before (last year actually). The student-teacher love relationship thing, that is. Yeah, I'm among of one of them. As for the bold words about the two ways above, I've struck both two of them. But you should also add a few of these (a way before you could get along with):

1. How friendly the teacher is?
2. What's her personality?
3. What situation she's currently in? [i.e. about to transfer to another school or college etc. (starting a new life seems rare; but for young teachers, chance maybe vary)]

Also take note that high school and college has different degree of chances to win her heart. If my theory is correct, if you're in college, it could be much easier to get along with young teachers/lecturers (correct me if I'm wrong ). For me, it won't take long to capture her. Based on my personal experience, it takes for at least a month or a half to make it happen.

Oh god... No sure if this episode would struck my heart or not. Since my feelings barely fade away, even just for six months. >.<

Dammit, I've possessed an OCD back then. Okay! I'm sorry for being an idiot for this time. But I'll be honest. I did confess to my homeroom teacher back then before she left the college. >.<

Ugh... these memories... I can't... bear it. Stop!

PS: By the way, how is an older sister-figure looks like?
Oh, I think I have seen a lot of that IRL. Well, nice to hear about your experience, man. Learned a lot from that.

I agree with the idea that college teachers are a lot easier to capture than middle/high school teachers because chances are, fresh college teachers have a smaller gap in age compared to her students, unlike the latter where the gap is usually around 5-10 years.

Not to mention the different mindsets that each teacher type has.
Old 2011-06-07, 23:51   Link #38
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Older than us my dear. The manga came out in 2008, and she was 22 at the time we were 19.

Jeez, and I was bullied by a fujoshi of my age in the manga thread.....
No no, you forgot that Japanese ages are usually -1, meaning she's 20. Add the fact that she probably came out in 2009 or so, she's younger than us
Old 2011-06-08, 01:53   Link #39
AlaAlba

Elsie - Kodama interaction is just so funny.
"say so---rry!!"
"so---rry"
"say higeso---ri!!"
"higeso---ri"
"say zourimushi!!"
"zourimushi"

and higesori is a shaving, while zourimushi is a paramecium
Old 2011-06-08, 02:04   Link #40
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No no, you forgot that Japanese ages are usually -1, meaning she's 20. Add the fact that she probably came out in 2009 or so, she's younger than us
If you say she came out in 2009, we would be 21. I think the idea of 21 means that it is her age as on that year, so she should be at least the same age as us, if not older.

You are born in 1988 right? (this is damn risky, asking a woman her age....)

Closed Thread