AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 03:02   Link #561
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
So, now that we have officially entered into the last segment of the series,I believe now would be the best time for the AGE character threads, as well as a general character thread (maybe even as a generational favorite character poll for all the side characters to get a chance to shine).

My suggestions for individual threads:

Flit Asuno
Asem Asuno
Kio Asuno
Grodek Ainoa
Woolf Enneacle
Yurin L'Ciel
Zeheart Galette
Emily Amonde/Asuno
Romary Stone/ Asuno
Arisa Gunhale
Wendy Heartz/Asuno

Also, I have been entertaining the thought that maybe we might open ''family'' thread, for the Asuno's, Madorna's, Galette's and/or Zoi's for example, if the mods think it would be alright.
Bit of a late reply, but are people still interested at seeing some of these threads materialize? If so, which ones still hold the most potential to garner discussion? We don't want to oversaturate with too many of these character discussion thread all at once for the sake of a fluid discussion.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 09:44   Link #562
Nivek von Beldo

every Asuno needs this thread, and maybe both Grodek and Woolf, the Asunos to discuss their role in every generation and the overall series, Grodek by the impact he mades in the series, ditto for Woolf
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 10:52   Link #563
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, I guess since I was the one to suggest it in the first place
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Bit of a late reply, but are people still interested at seeing some of these threads materialize? If so, which ones still hold the most potential to garner discussion? We don't want to oversaturate with too many of these character discussion thread all at once for the sake of a fluid discussion.
I gave it a lot of thought, and I think we can narrow down the to these:

Essential to the series:

Flit Asuno
Asem Asuno
Kio Asuno

The three protagonists. Pretty self explanatory.

Had important impact on the series:

Grodek Ainoa
Woolf Enneacle
Zeheart Galette

The first was the main driving force behind the action in Gen 1, the second was a recurring character during two generations and had a lot of influence on two of the three protagonists, and the third is the closest thing we have to a recurring main antagonist who has actually ''developed''.

Now for the rest i.e. the womenfolk ...

As I had noticed, being a female in this show gives you a times 3 disadvantage at actually being important or having a different conclusion other than death or fading into a corner (even the male side characters who didn't make it to the show got some sort of a nod in the side material ...) maybe if they are ''lucky enough'' (lol) they will be around to be seen giving birth to the next generations protagonist. So in the interest of not creating too many Character Discussion threads, I suppose we can do without the majority of them.

Yurin is the one I'm sort of unsure about, since she's pretty popular and the forums does have a history of making leeway for fan favorite characters to have a thread dedicated to them, and she was an important factor to Flit's development.

The Asuno women I guess might be included in the Asuno Family Discussion (if you think it's a good idea), and the rest in the three Generational Favorite Character Poll .

So in total 6 Character Discussion threads, 7 if we decide to go with one for Yurin, and one General Family thread for the Asuno's. The Generational Favorite Character Poll can be done either at the end of the series all at once for the 3 of them, or we can have the ones for Gen 1 & 2 and wait a while for Gen 3 to either conclude or be far into it enough that we don't have to worry about any new characters showing up.

That's my £2. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm more than willing to go with theirs.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:23   Link #564
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
do we have gundam uc tech/weapon thread?
Old 2012-05-22, 13:57   Link #565
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No. There's a General Gundam Tech/Weapon thread, though.
Old 2012-05-22, 22:03   Link #566
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
then I would like us to have UC tech dedicated thread asap.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:15   Link #567
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
then I would like us to have UC tech dedicated thread asap.
That falls into the "general" part. UC tech doesn't need its own thread.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:03   Link #568
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
So in total 6 Character Discussion threads, 7 if we decide to go with one for Yurin, and one General Family thread for the Asuno's. The Generational Favorite Character Poll can be done either at the end of the series all at once for the 3 of them, or we can have the ones for Gen 1 & 2 and wait a while for Gen 3 to either conclude or be far into it enough that we don't have to worry about any new characters showing up.

That's my £2. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm more than willing to go with theirs.
Individual Character discussion threads are now created, all seven of them. If you won't mind helping me out here, can you do a opening post for the sort of discussion the Gundam Age fans may want to have in the Asuno Family Discussion threads? Also, I haven't watched Gundam Age at all, so it would be very helpful if you or any Age fans wouldn't mind doing a list for the characters they want to see in these three respective threads in the Favorite Character Poll for the three generations.

Quote:
As I had noticed, being a female in this show gives you a times 3 disadvantage at actually being important or having a different conclusion other than death or fading into a corner (even the male side characters who didn't make it to the show got some sort of a nod in the side material ...) maybe if they are ''lucky enough'' (lol) they will be around to be seen giving birth to the next generations protagonist.
That made me laugh. That's pretty much the curse on female characters for having the gall to make it into the imagination of a Shounen series writer/mangaka. Other than Makoto from GitS and Barsa from Seirei no Moribito, I haven't seen female characters that have been portrayed "cool" in a consistent manner.
Old 2012-05-26, 17:08   Link #569
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

bit off topic but why does each Character Discussion have different Mod for thread starter?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:43   Link #570
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
bit off topic but why does each Character Discussion have different Mod for thread starter?
Random seleciton by vB.
Old 2012-05-27, 02:13   Link #571
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Do we really need all those threads for characters? There's far more constructive things that could be discussed...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 02:43   Link #572
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Do we really need all those threads for characters?
Yes, character threads rule

And you can still talk about all that other stuff mate, go ahead and suggest a thread if you have anything in mind.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:30   Link #573
larethian

Well, since James is late, can some other mod create the thread for episode 41 for AGE? The episode has been up for AGEs. I know this is Gundam AGE and all but......
The official English episode title is: Beautiful Fram
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:44   Link #574
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, since James is late, can some other mod create the thread for episode 41 for AGE? The episode has been up for AGEs. I know this is Gundam AGE and all but......
The official English episode title is: Beautiful Fram
Sorry about the delay. James did mention he might not have access to internet this week. Rest assured, Gundam forum is just as important as any other forums in Asuki. Anyway, the thread is up.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:16   Link #575
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Need A Fram Nara thread and an AGE morality and politics thread IMO
Old 2012-07-27, 12:52   Link #576
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Need A Fram Nara thread
If you think there is enough to discuss, then okay. Thread has been created.

Quote:
and an AGE morality and politics thread IMO
Sounds good. Write up an OP and I'll create the thread for you.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 20:28   Link #577
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If you think there is enough to discuss, then okay. Thread has been created.

Sounds good. Write up an OP and I'll create the thread for you.
Nvm on the politics thread for AGE, I think there was one for Destiny and it had to be locked, besides most of what could be discussed there gets discussed in the episode threads already anyway.
Old 2012-07-29, 13:33   Link #578
monster

Quote:
Nvm on the politics thread for AGE, I think there was one for Destiny and it had to be locked
I don't know about any thread for Destiny, but there is one for 00:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58212

It has 322 replies so far and it's still open.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:58   Link #579
Ottocycle

In light of the this week's episode being replaced by other programming this week, I request for the episode 44 discussion to be locked until next Sunday, lest it be filled up with speculation piled up through the week.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 09:47   Link #580
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Now that Gundam AGE as a series has ended, I would like to request a overall opinion and rating thread for the show as a whole
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote