Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 15:09   Link #9021
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Lightning fire, however much sense that makes.
What? That stupid thing? C'mon guys that's like DBZ fusion level BS.

Can't we at least pretend to have higher standards for this manga.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:00   Link #9022
GundamFan

Quote:
^ Lightning fire, however much sense that makes.
I don't know I would say the Lightning Flame is medicore I mean the combination doesn't really add anything to each element but it also isn't some sort of polar opposite like water or ice. I got this sneaking suspicion before this series is over Natsu is going get some earth dragon power and start making his own lava probably be called Volcano mode or something.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:58   Link #9023
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd much rather he doesn't. Naruto already introduced more fire elements than I would like...if Natsu needs another powerup, make it another level of dragon force instead (before he starts roaring rainbow fire).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:10   Link #9024
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post

Yes, I know you're basing your speculation on that. I'm explicitly saying it's wrong.

Here is the katakana for Raven Tail: レイヴンテイル

Here is the full sized image of the draft notes:

http://i.imgur.com/E0uEB.jpg

I've highlighted all mentions of Raven Tail (abbreviated as Raven) in yellow, and the only mention of Arcadios in red.

The mentions of Raven Tail, from left to right, are: placement in the day 1 game, "raven girl" aka Flare, vs Lucy, end of day one score, Gajeel, Mira, and Juvia vs Raven, and Raven in a circle with an arrow going to "mysterious magic power", the name of the stadium above it, some illegible scratched out text below it, Crime Sorceire in a circle with an arrow pointing to mysterious magic power below that.

The only mention of Arcadios is below a bubble about the castle, some text about the king, and has most of the sentence illegibly scratched out.

Furthermore, contrary to that text's claims they would participate, Ultear, and Meredy's names appear nowhere on the pages.
Then thanks for clarifying, but if it isn't any problem, could you tell me, if the rest of that translation is mostly correct - I mean, I definitely could see that the part of Lucy bowing down to Zeref is pretty valid, and I believe you that the part about Ultear and Meredy is incorrect, or at least haven't been mentioned in the drafts, although personally I think they are going to have some role to play in the current arc, considering how often Jellal is getting into trouble.

On the topic of Natsu's fire lighting dragon fusion, I think it's going to be the limit of the element fusion's that Natsu is going to receive, getting any additional elements would be going overboard, in my opinion.

Not to mention that, I don't think that Natsu has reached the full potential of his Fire - Lighting dragon slayer magic fusion, since before, he has obtained his second origin, it was pretty straining for him to use his Lighting Slayer Magic, and I don't think that Natsu had enough training to be capable of using his Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic to it's full potential and he probably won't be capable of doing that for some time, since I fell that Mashima is going to concentrate on developing the magical abilities of the other main characters, and in my opinion, the first person who will undergo a major magical ability development is going to be Lucy.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:12   Link #9025
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Then thanks for clarifying, but if it isn't any problem, could you tell me, if the rest of that translation is mostly correct - I mean, I definitely could see that the part of Lucy bowing down to Zeref is pretty valid, and I believe you that the part about Ultear and Meredy is incorrect, or at least haven't been mentioned in the drafts, although personally I think they are going to have some role to play in the current arc, considering how often Jellal is getting into trouble.
Well, for the stuff mentioned in this post, as you said, the part about Lucy kneeling in from of the Zeref figure is pretty self obvious. The part about "follow the king's order" does not seem to be correct. The only mention of him is right above Arcadios, and it's a negative verb. Something about Lucy is next to it, but is pretty clearly a separate sentence with everything except the subject (Lucy) obscured. Nor does it, or the part about Arcadios seem to be a caption of the picture.

To the right, above the box with Lumen Histoire, is some text with something about a song, which can probably be interpreted as "a song including yearning". Unfortunately due to Mashima's handwriting, that includes a bit of an assumption as to what one of the kanji is, so I can't say for sure.
Just below that is the part about not meeting Natsu, and the "never again" is a bit of a stretch. The literal translation is just "Won't meet Natsu."

Skipping the one about Wendy for the time being; this was first posted back on May 11 from someone going from a chinese to an english forum, and started circulating around the internet. Given that the mysterious power only showed up in the last couple weeks "very soon" is rather a misnomer. Nor is it supported by the notes, they just show events eventually leading to the mysterious power, and going by the outline, you'd expect several other fights to happen first.

Ultear and Meredy, as I said, aren't mentioned by name anywhere. The closest it gets is Crime Sorciere coming up, but that's in connection with the mysterious magic power, not with the tournament.

There is something on there about Jellal and a "parting; separation; farewell; (lateral) branch; fork; offshoot; division; section;" sandwiched between the circle with Crime Sorciere, the circle with Mysterious Magic Power, and the circle with the castle. It's impossible to tell in this context what would be the best translation. It could for example, be used to indicate that Jellal splits from the games to investigate the dark power.

As said above, there doesn't seem to be any mention of a spy, much less one in connection with Arcadios or Raven Tail.

Gajeel, Mira, Juvia vs Raven Tail says just that, and nothing else, though there's a two way arrow between Gajeel and Rogue there as well.

Wendy VS. Shelia
Natsu VS. Sting
Gray VS. Rufus
Laxus VS. Orga

are all listed on there. Natsu and Gray's fights are the two boxed in bits at the top of the chart, Laxus's is squeezed in in the box on the right, and Wendy's is embedded in a small branch of the chart just above and to the left of Laxus's.

And the last couple of things I'll have to skip for the moment as well.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:44   Link #9026
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Thanks once again, it definitely looks like things will get pretty interesting, and I can't wait to see, how many things from the drafts are going to make it to the canon chapters.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like, things will start getting interesting, until the tournament games are pretty close to it's end, after all, I doubt that they could kidnap Lucy, while she participates in the tournament games.

Although the stuff, with Jellal might start a little earlier, since he could use the fact that the tournament games are still going on, to try to sneak into the castle, and the stuff about his "farewell" doesn't seem like something bad is going to happen to him, at least I hope that's going to be the case...

As for Lucy, well from the drafts it definitely seems that something big is going to happen to her, to the point of saying that she "won't meet Natsu", which most likely also includes the rest of Fairy Tail - you're explanations pretty much confirmed my speculations on what might happen to Lucy in the current arc (which, at the moment I will keep to myself, at least until more information about the Eclipse plan are going to be revealed)

So thanks once again.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:04   Link #9027
GundamFan

Quote:
I'd much rather he doesn't. Naruto already introduced more fire elements than I would like...if Natsu needs another powerup, make it another level of dragon force instead (before he starts roaring rainbow fire).
I hope I'm wrong about this too I really don't want Natsu adding anymore elements to his attacks I think it's cheap and rather weak how they did it. I like the idea of a dragon slayer who can use more then one element but only if they can really use more then element. As far as another level of dragon force goes the sooner the better.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:59   Link #9028
ImperialFlameGod8190

i know its looking back but something bothered me about Yukino. In the chapter when she fought kagura when it showed she was a celestial spirit mage that the guy who works for zeref didnt know about her so what happened to make her somehow a part of the corps and a high level if that
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:10   Link #9029
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
i know its looking back but something bothered me about Yukino. In the chapter when she fought kagura when it showed she was a celestial spirit mage that the guy who works for zeref didnt know about her so what happened to make her somehow a part of the corps and a high level if that
Well, at the moment we don't know, which organization Yukino is a part of, in my opinion her outfit looks more similar to the ones that the members of the Runic Knight corps in the Magic Council are wearing, rather then the uniform that Arcadios and his corps seem to wear. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been revealed that Yukino is some secret agent working for the Magic Council, rather then Arcadios - at least that's what I currently think, but I'm pretty sure that this matter is going to be clarified in the future chapters.
Old 2012-07-11, 11:53   Link #9030
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
We'll probably see soon enough, but there are a few possibilities that are easy to guess. One that she was with the army before she joined Sabertooth, but not on Arcadios's radar, and now that she's been thrown out of Sabertooth she's looking to get her old job back. Two, Arcadios's agents offered her a job, and Yukino having nowhere to go, and no guild she wanted to join, accepted. She's still a fairly high level mage so it wouldn't be that surprising that the army would want someone of her caliber. Three, she went looking to join them herself because she had nowhere to go, and no guild she wanted to join.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:31   Link #9031
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Raw is out.

Spoiler for SaberTooth is officially a gathering of assholes that will be brutally destroyed by Fairy Tail!:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 11:27   Link #9032
Chris38

Spoiler for 291:
Old 2012-07-12, 11:54   Link #9033
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I have to wonder. Fairy tail is relatively speaking an old guild; going by master count and the 2nd's age, it's should have been around for a while. So what happened to it? Where are some of it's initial members that were around in the days Mavis was leader of the guild. What of the members that were around when Luxus's dad was kicked out.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:43   Link #9034
immblueversion

I don't really know why, but the raw for chapter 291 is out!

Spoiler for Chapter 291:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:20   Link #9035
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I have to wonder. Fairy tail is relatively speaking an old guild; going by master count and the 2nd's age, it's should have been around for a while. So what happened to it? Where are some of it's initial members that were around in the days Mavis was leader of the guild. What of the members that were around when Luxus's dad was kicked out.
They've likely just been a relatively small guild, with most earlier members having retired for other pursuits.
Old 2012-07-12, 13:22   Link #9036
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ooooh, ouch...

Spoiler for Chapter 291:

And for the above....In the old pics featuring the current guild masters when they were younger, I remember that Ol' Rob was in one of them and he was already old so I speculate that he was there from Purehito's time. He never lost the mark so I don't think he ever quit being a part of Fairy Tail.
Old 2012-07-12, 14:23   Link #9037
immblueversion

So, any particular reason why all these manga chapters are being released a day early? I mean, Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece came out on Tuesday when they usually come out on Wednesday...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:26   Link #9038
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, any particular reason why all these manga chapters are being released a day early? I mean, Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece came out on Tuesday when they usually come out on Wednesday...
Monday's some holiday in Japan I believe, so stuff is being released/sent to the printers a little earlier.
Old 2012-07-12, 14:28   Link #9039
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Spoiler for 291:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:41   Link #9040
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ooooh, ouch...