AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 12:09   Link #40881
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

M!Ichika: "And thus I christen you Jacob"

F!Ichika: "At least it's not Edward"

Everyone: "WHAT'S WRONG WITH EDWARD?"

2Ichika: "You knew that feeling when you root for the underdog?"

And there it is, I declare them watching twilight as canon fanon.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-17 at 12:23.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:26   Link #40882
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@zero

You have fallen a little too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So....

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2013-03-17 at 12:44.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:41   Link #40883
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

These two watching it with UTTER GLEE. And unlike with most girl, apparently femIchika also think Twilight is addicting pieces of a disaster. So Ichika won't get thwacked for making fun of the plot and fan-favorite characters, femIchika watch it for fanservice AND making fun of them.

Oh, and excellent fic I must say, minimalistic without being boring, but the message is crystal clear.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:15   Link #40884
DarkJak2050

I guess no one's on tonight.

As usual...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 06:12   Link #40885
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Other than comparing new artwork to old, I do believe we are running out of topics.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 06:41   Link #40886
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Someone post the draft and we'll shall... ah, dissect it like no tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:01   Link #40887
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I has draft scene.

EDIT: Here.

Spoiler for Scene:

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2013-03-18 at 07:31.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 07:38   Link #40888
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Foreshadowing, foreshadowing everytime!

A little bit short for butchering, but summed up basically record Minerva's appearance and I.S.A. viewpoint on it I see (rather logical though, Japanese government also has this view in the case M!ichika's arrival in the mirror verse. A sufficiently powerful unknown entity also a sufficiently powerful potential threat)

And of course, special interest on a certain student.

This is one (literally) dense draft.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:39   Link #40889
demino_hellsin
That one guy

as I read the reports. Especially the timeline. I was thinking "Huh... that escalated quickly."
Old 2013-03-18, 07:47   Link #40890
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well, it's going to be an arc-transition chapter. There's much to foreshadow from various viewpoints (ISA, Praxidike, Hyperion etc).

Then again, the chapter takes places during summer so each scene that takes place in daytime is bound to have passing details on the merciless summer heat. XD
Old 2013-03-18, 07:54   Link #40891
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Currently slogging through my FSN fic. I will definitely write IS again! The new Cecilia artwork compels me to... I would normally say onee-sama but she's my OTP with Gen-chan.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-18 at 08:08.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:32   Link #40892
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I got more stuff to juggle than I can handle....

(mostly because I don't really have much inspiration for IS. I mentioned before, IS is technically sport and I don't watch enough sport anime....)

Edit:

I am still trying to work with a normal but interesting slice of life story without going too deep into the "dark" side.

Moar Edit: After looking at Uchigane Nigata's picture in the picture section.... I think I will start working on Mecha story again.

Question this time: What do you think about some Sexist comment that Males are incomplete female?

Encore question: What do you think a "Core" look like?

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-18 at 09:43.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 10:16   Link #40893
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Finally T_T I can restart conceptualizing my IS work again. FINALLY!
Old 2013-03-18, 10:46   Link #40894
agetreme
Just another Idiot

scrapping the nameless concept.
(Wanting to keep the number of characters down)

Rename Cyril Griffithto Nemo Griffin....
(Reason being: To keep the character humble....
Cyril means lordly but Nemo means Nobody
Griffith means chief/lord but Griffin..... *points to the two drone concept below*)

Personality-wise... Fusion of No-name (nice guy) and Cyril (playing dirty), to create a neutral good character who is willing to swoop low if it means getting something (good) done.

=

Revising Vantier concept: (reusing an old concept)

Instead of just a single unit.

It is actually consist two drones: One for upper body and one for lower body. One Drone is full autonomous while the other is controlled by human controller.

Edit: Found the right term: The AI is the fighter pilot while the controller is actually the Weapon Systems Officer.

Vantier's AI talk to its human controller....not in a good way. It is trying to convince/tempt its human controller to do what it wanted (namely wanton destruction).

To contrast IS's Knight/Samurai Motif, Vantier has Wyvern/Dragon motif (Nemo is figuratively speaking holding a dragon by its leash)
IS also as an Angel motif but Vantier..... (read above).

==

I also will make the Antagonist a troll who troll everybody and play every sides.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-18 at 12:18.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 16:40   Link #40895
DarkJak2050

A new one for the archive.

Infinite Stratos Rising
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:52   Link #40896
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak: It seems that my thoughts a month earlier have finally been made real by another

Should a villain be original or just made clear? I'm kind of torn on how to portray the villain in ISxFourze.

EDIT: I suppose the main problem is motivation. It's always eithere advancing humanity or to prove a point against Tabane. I prolly just wanty something else that's different.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-19 at 10:57.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:35   Link #40897
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@jak: It seems that my thoughts a month earlier have finally been made real by another

Should a villain be original or just made clear? I'm kind of torn on how to portray the villain in ISxFourze.

EDIT: I suppose the main problem is motivation. It's always eithere advancing humanity or to prove a point against Tabane. I prolly just wanty something else that's different.
No reply because it mostly has to depend on you.
What is the theme of the story?
What are the ideology between the Protagonist and the antagonist?

Gentarou is filled with friendship stuff so what about the Antagonist?

=

About Fourze:

I don't lie to you. Compared to other new Heisei series(W to Wizard), Fourze feels really weak to me.

The Theme of friendship is way too optimistic and happy compared to the Darker Theme of W, OOO and Wizard.

In Fourze, even enemies can befriended. Even the big bad. >_<

Way too upbeat and happy for a Kamen rider series.

Meanwhile....
W's dopant are technically drug-addict who are drunk/addicted to power. Those people at the top of the Dopant are a twisted family. Not every episode has a happy ending even though the monster of the week is defeated.

Beneath the wackiness of vending machine bike and coins, OOO's Yummy and Greed are abomination who happen to be embodiment of greed.... not to mention: the way they deal with humans are horrible.... (ranging from forcing them to over-indulge to turning them into medals).

Wizard's enemy wanted to make people go into despair to bring monsters who will replace their victim with complete memory...which is already pretty dark in that aspect that your very love one could actually be one of them, pretending to get close to you to force you into despair.

Edit:
Ending with Unrelated note: The Ara Han actually has nice legs... =_=

But I kind of had to cut it out so that I can show the "other side".
Old 2013-03-19, 19:04   Link #40898
demino_hellsin
That one guy

generally the tone had been light, but there are some dark moments. Virgo's death, Leo's demise, the DC version of the ending actually has Gentarou profess he hates the big bad but because of his best friend's request strives to forgive him. nThen there's the big bad's speech to the high school he owns. "Hello everyone. I just want to tell you guys that I'll be travelling into deep space using a power beyond human understanding that will evolve me into a being capable of surviving hyper space. Too bad that the worm hole I'm using will probably turn this school and everything within a city wide radius to dust but cest la vie, sacrifices have to be made for the sake of greatness."

I'm not saying Fourze is incredibly dark but it IS a high school drama. using a darker rider for IS would be kinda... uh...???

And the first half of the aries arc was also fairly dark.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:09   Link #40899
Eratas123

Shit, someone beat me to my Rising idea Oh well, hopefully he does well
Old 2013-03-19, 19:12   Link #40900
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You planned to reduce Ichika to a jawless head and spine then stick him into a cyborg body? Then make him pilot an IS as he ponders his past as a child soldier that loved killing and the future he wishes for which is to fight for justice that gives meaning to his killing without admitting he loves the kill?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest