AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 06:03   Link #7881
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Surprised no modern campione has so far decided to make his/herself known to the world and be worshiped by the muggles--looking at Luo Hao. Most of them only care about themselves and don't really give a thing about world stability. As long as they get the respect they believed they deserved, they'd do anything.

By the way, is JPS supposed to be a urban legend or is her existence publicly known like superman? Can't be bothered to re-read the series.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-07-21 at 06:14.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 06:19   Link #7882
Yami no Ou
まおう

JPS is publicy known in L.A.
Old 2013-07-21, 10:02   Link #7883
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
JPS is publicy known in L.A.
I suspect most of the youtube viewers think it a hoax though.
Or someone using explosives and stage magic to do their tricks while playing a super hero.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:11   Link #7884
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ This video should illustrate most of the reactions very well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87je-QAPZIU

Mine would be the third comments, only much calmer.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:55   Link #7885
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Weren't the people watching the second fight against Leviathan? And they will definitely notice buildings disappearing when JPS uses the Archmage transformation. I believe that they treat it as their taxes for JPS's protection for the city. And that girl who was with that guy that infiltrated the cult heard JPS's return in the radio and rushed towards him IIRC.
So he's definitely known in LA.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:35   Link #7886
ioan91

enjoyed this volume a lot. it seems that recently erica has been pushed to the side whilst other girls get to travel with godou alone and develop their relationships.

good to see godou taking the initiative on his own with ena and erica, 2 best girls.

erica's reaction afterwards was hilarious, so ashamed of herself after taking part in the 3 way kiss.
ioan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:36   Link #7887
ioan91

i've just powered through the whole series, any idea when 15 will be out?
ioan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:19   Link #7888
Kadi
知識の探求者

This is becoming a weekly thing, huh...

Nope, no information on V15 yet. BUT a new volume of Jou-chan's other series, Leviathan of the Covenant, will be released in 4 days.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:41   Link #7889
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post

Nope, no information on V15 yet. BUT a new volume of Jou-chan's other series, Leviathan of the Covenant, will be released in 4 days.
Looking forward to volume 3.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:41   Link #7890
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Weren't the people watching the second fight against Leviathan? And they will definitely notice buildings disappearing when JPS uses the Archmage transformation. I believe that they treat it as their taxes for JPS's protection for the city. And that girl who was with that guy that infiltrated the cult heard JPS's return in the radio and rushed towards him IIRC.
So he's definitely known in LA.
Again, "known", is not the same as "recognized as a godslayer", sure, some will (the more magically inclined especially), but as many might consider him as a theatrically inclined demolitions expert/sharpshooter/stage magician fighting against some religious nutcases/terrorists.

Or maybe they all know, which throws a wrench on the whole masquerade thing, and brings up questions how is not magic not common knowledge by now.
Personally i prefer to go with the hypothesis that keeps the setting functioning unless we are given conflicting information, especially as it's not a central part of the story.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:23   Link #7891
Kadi
知識の探求者

The cop from V7C1 who works for the SCI, was it?, the "supernatural police", knows about JPS and his nickname "godslayer" but he thinks it's just a name, not that JPS really killed gods. I doubt many laymen will know more than him, but it should be a good estimate what people interested in the subject know. Makes me wonder what the taxpayers say about paying for the damages all the time...

... but... wouldn't that mean the people of LA know generally about magic? ... Wait, there was that radio station... so I guess there is a magic "underground culture" who have a general idea and there are the complete muggles who don't know a damn. "Proper magicians" and sorcerers with a real clue are probably a rare minority.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:36   Link #7892
Vezon

I thought JPS wore a disguise to make herself look like a superhero. So I assume people thought (s)he had superpowers instead of magic.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:58   Link #7893
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
I thought JPS wore a disguise to make herself look like a superhero. So I assume people thought (s)he had superpowers instead of magic.
thing is they dont know Annie is JPS so they all assumed JPS is a man, at the same time known in LA for causing massive destruction, but again there's also a magic society in the USofA keeping tabs on Annie actions should anything out of divine circumstance arise since more or less they are aware of Annie as a Campione as well

but I don't know about the magic society based in USofA is a branch from one of the european magic societies or a head branch
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:41   Link #7894
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
but I don't know about the magic society based in USofA is a branch from one of the european magic societies or a head branch
I think it's a government agency, nothing to do with the european societies which are not tied to a single country.
Old 2013-07-22, 03:19   Link #7895
alviam099

The magic society on America is called SSI, I think.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 21:06   Link #7896
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post

Where are you reading Leviathan of the Covenant from ?_?

know of any good english sources for it? D:
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:06   Link #7897
Kioras

So quick hypothetical question. Since Lancelot was active 1500 years ago as per the volume she appeared in, what are the chances Godou runs into her in the pre-Lancelot form while he is in the past?
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 01:08   Link #7898
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
So quick hypothetical question. Since Lancelot was active 1500 years ago as per the volume she appeared in, what are the chances Godou runs into her in the pre-Lancelot form while he is in the past?
Itīs not impossible for Godou to encounter Lancelot but I donīt think his bad luck is of such a high level, also the corretic force of history might make it difficult to happen, anything is possible when you put time trvel into the picture.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 03:18   Link #7899
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Where are you reading Leviathan of the Covenant from ?_?

know of any good english sources for it? D:
I assume this is about a translation? As far as I'm aware, nobody's working on it...
Old 2013-07-26, 07:23   Link #7900
Forkys

I have a question, get gedou new authorities or will he only have authorities from Verethragna + Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem