AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-08, 11:27   Link #601
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
I've also been wondering about that....Why did'nt Ozma just plainly state to Alto that Leon is a murderer or that he murdered President Glass to gain power. Instead of that somewhat vague statement of (according to gg's translation) "I'm not interested in spilling my blood for a president I can't stand."
Well... imagine that Ozma broadcasts that news over the open frequency.

1st.) Leon will have it easy to deny the rumour, because it was uttered by a known pirate traitor.

2nd.) Announcing it to the world at large and Alto in specific would probably put up Leon to silence all remaining members of SMS as soon as possible... who knows what those non-lawful types could be up behind his back, now that they suspect that he killed the former president?

No, I think the decision to remain mum about it ( and probably have left information for someone on Frontier to follow up... maybe Klan ) was a good one.

The whole idea of running off to pursue Ranka... eh. If it works, perfectly fine, if it doesnīt, he put Frontier in even more danger. Cathy and him had to disappear to somewhere in any case, thatīs for certain, because Leon surely wouldnīt have hesitated in eliminating them.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:06   Link #602
Black Eye

Just watched the episode and woah best one yet

i think i'm starting to be a sheryl fan, i don't want her to die now that i started to like her. this episode is implying AltoxSheryl's end but i wonder if they both will stay alive, well if one of them would die i want it to be the annoying Alto, don't let it be her.

the first song that sheryl sang was nice, much better than the ranka ending song of last episode which wasn't to my liking. as for Northren cross i liked the way they inserted it in the battle between Ozma and alto . *lolz loved Ozma's answer to alto (sorry i'm not an adult..... i'm a man) *

alto should just shut his damn mouth, can't he stop screaming even in one episode.

as for leon and Grace i hated the fact that they are useing sheryl the same way they used Ranka for their plan. oh and about Grace was it leon the one that gave the order to shoot her or was it someone else?

can't wait to see next episode, we'll get lots of ranka her past and Vajira included
Old 2008-09-08, 12:07   Link #603
N_Shinji

Send a message via MSN to N_Shinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
There's a very good chance the episode 25 "preview" that's floating around (and you're citing) is a clever forgery, especially because the major Japanese anime magazines carrying synopsis are not out yet (NT, Animedia). As far as I can tell, it originated as a rumor on the Chinese Macross BBS and the 2Chan posters in Japan had a WTF reaction to it. So until there are actual scans verifying it, it's probably good to treat it as suspect.

That's why it got removed from Wiki. Try not to put too much stock in it, otherwise you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.
Actually so far all the " previews " posted on wikipedia have been pretty much accurate up to this point so I wouldnt put it past it to be accurate.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:10   Link #604
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You weren't really expecting Alto to go galavanting off to Ranka were you?
Not really but I was hoping he grew up a bit to at least consider it. He has way to much anger at the Vajra, can't wait to see the look on his face once the real villain is revealed to the Frontier.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:13   Link #605
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Pun intended?

I've also been wondering about that....Why did'nt Ozma just plainly state to Alto that Leon is a murderer or that he murdered President Glass to gain power. Instead of that somewhat vague statement of (according to gg's translation) "I'm not interested in spilling my blood for a president I can't stand."
There is no way stubborn Alto will believe the words of a "pirate". Ozuma's statement was more than clear enough for Alto hard head.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:18   Link #606
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

-Black Eye-

From what I can understand, the Vajra transmit this disease so there may be a way to cure Sherly with the Vajra's aid.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:23   Link #607
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
-Black Eye-

From what I can understand, the Vajra transmit this disease so there may be a way to cure Sherly with the Vajra's aid.
Most probably the little queen will have the cure.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:28   Link #608
Black Eye

Quote:
-Black Eye-

ohh so there is a way to cure her.... hmm but how did she even got the disease i didn't understand it from the very moment they told us about it ? was it Grace doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
hope so too.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:29   Link #609
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Maybe, but if Leon was telling the truth about Ranka's case being different then she might not hold the cure, but like I would believe anything that ASSHOLE says.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:31   Link #610
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Shinji View Post
Actually so far all the " previews " posted on wikipedia have been pretty much accurate up to this point so I wouldnt put it past it to be accurate.
Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know you think my work has been pretty accurate to date.

Go check the Wiki history section and see who's been putting the previews in there. It's mostly been Kronnag Dunn from MacrossWorld and myself. And Kronnag doesn't read Japanese, so he's been copying off what we translated off NT and Animedia synopsis (although he's been one heck of an English editor).

Anyway, faulty information still slip through now and then, and that's why you can't always rely on Wikipeida. Just remember that next time you read a Wiki entry.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:32   Link #611
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Shinji View Post
No, at some point wiki had posted that Ranka would die in some episodes earlier. Anyone can post on wiki--probably somebody's wishful thinking. Someone went and corrected it to show the right spoiler. Up to ep 24 is confirmed with magazine scan. 25 is not out and I don't think Kawamori & Co would spoil the final ep.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:33   Link #612
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
ohh so there is a way to cure her.... hmm but how did she even got the disease i didn't understand it from the very moment they told us about it ? was it Grace doing?

hope so too.
I wouldn't put it past her to do something like that, but we still don't know that much about Shrely's past other than whats been presented so far. There are still too many gaps.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:35   Link #613
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Up to ep 24 is confirmed with magazine scan. 25 is not out and I don't think Kawamori & Co would spoil the final ep.
Actually, NT and Animedia hit the stand yesterday in Japan and 2ch posted the scans for synopsis through 25. So the current (and verified) 23-25 synopsis on Wiki has already been updated by Kronnag early this morning.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:36   Link #614
Black Eye

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past her to do something like that, but we still don't know that much about Shrely's past other than whats been presented so far. There are still too many gaps.
and there is only 3 episodes left
Old 2008-09-08, 12:42   Link #615
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

pirates, thats a surprise, instead of saying "yes sir", they would be saying "Errrrrr"

they could do "one piece, space version"
Old 2008-09-08, 12:43   Link #616
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
and there is only 3 episodes left
And like I've been saying, "The truth shall be revealed!" Insert evil laugh here.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:45   Link #617
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
pirates, thats a surprise, instead of saying "yes sir", they would be saying "Errrrrr"

they could do "one piece, space version"
I think the captain always wanted to say that, "screvy dogs". I laughed when I heard that.
Old 2008-09-08, 13:00   Link #618
golthin

Quote:
Grace injected her with the virus on purpose as an experiment! She considered the experiment a failure because Sheryl never was able to the do the fold effect during her curable stage. After she started getting very sick, she stopped singing and its just recently she started singing again during her terminal stage that she has finally developed the effect that grace was hoping for. (grace replaced sheryl with Ranka in her plans because Ranka had the power she was hoping sheryl would develop)
Old 2008-09-08, 13:25   Link #619
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Grace injected her with the virus on purpose as an experiment! She considered the experiment a failure because Sheryl never was able to the do the fold effect during her curable stage. After she started getting very sick, she stopped singing and its just recently she started singing again during her terminal stage that she has finally developed the effect that grace was hoping for. (grace replaced sheryl with Ranka in her plans because Ranka had the power she was hoping sheryl would develop)
From what we have been told, V-Type is transmitted from Vajra to human (or other organisms like the Hydra cabbit thing) by contact with blood or bodily fluids. Sheryl has never seen a Vajra until recently as far as she knows, and became a carrier ten years ago when she met Grace. Putting this together with the knowledge that she gains powers as a side effect of the infection, and Grace's callousness in casting her aside once she found Ranka, who has the same powers only greater and stable, Sheryl should be able to infer Grace infected her on purpose as an experiment.

On a side note, this means Michael might also be infected by the V-Type by getting drenched in its blood. But he has far bigger problems at the moment. Like being dead.
Old 2008-09-08, 13:35   Link #620
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
On a side note, this means Michael might also be infected by the V-Type by getting drenched in its blood. But he has far bigger problems at the moment. Like being dead.
it was not really a problem, V-virus is curable in its early stage. Heck it took sheryl TEN years to get to the terminal stage. Like you said, micheal has bigger problems
Closed Thread