AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-04-19, 09:11   Link #1201
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Pretty much yeah. I don't think there's ever a solid explanation for it in the manga, though it seems that way going by what we see during that event.
ok cool thanks i figured as much. I guess its in everybody's best interest to keep her happy, or else it will end up like Seattle.
Old 2010-04-19, 09:50   Link #1202
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 25 was very well done, especially with focus on Grey this episode, Him along with Erza are my favorite characters of the show. Juvia is an interesting character as well.
Old 2010-04-19, 10:42   Link #1203
shibakun

Ahh the anime is soo good but they really need to add blood ;/ They show so much cleavage and all that but no blood? Cmon..QQ

Go petition go! Maybe I should start one?!
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 12:37   Link #1204
Slayerx

Y'know i really got to compliment the anime team when it comes to developing filler material. First with Levi and her teammates, then Lisanna, and now Loki are all getting some added material that i felt they so desperately needed in the manga... granted they don't go as far as i would want them too but it's still better...

they also add enough filler material so that the manga-material can get as stretched as long as possible while at the same time maintain a nice and even pace... that's something other shonens like Naruto and one piece have a serious problem with; they opt to drag things out and move at a snail like pace and makes it down right irritating to watch.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 13:13   Link #1205
Ramp
Router

26 was amazing, starting to like the series more and more.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 14:53   Link #1206
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Wow...Gajel is the biggest asshole around, bigger then Jose, I think. Also, there no doubt about it that Makarov will come to fight Jose. Nobody else has a chance against him.

Also, huge props for Lucy. She took that beating and still showed some major stones.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 15:15   Link #1207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Wow...Gajel is the biggest asshole around, bigger then Jose, I think. Also, there no doubt about it that Makarov will come to fight Jose. Nobody else has a chance against him.

Also, huge props for Lucy. She took that beating and still showed some major stones.
I'm just amazed by Erza. She blocks the Jupiter attack, somehow gets up to beat Aria, and now is taking on Jose. Just incredible inner strength there. When it comes to the guild and her friends she will not stay down. Hopefully she can hold on since really Makarov is the only one who can stop Jose.

Do have to give Lucy credit. This has been a really bad time for her. She doesn't have her keys which makes her pretty much helpless for most of what is going on. Even though she had to be hurting pretty badly from those attacks she managed to hang in there. Really the only thing she could do was try to provoke Gajeel. No doubt that Gajeel would be hunted down by every single member of Fairy Tail if he did kill her.

Like the scenes for Loke as well. Some interesting hints about him shown in this episode. What happened to him right at the end of the fight against Gajeel and just who Karen is.

Anyways great episode.
Old 2010-04-19, 15:31   Link #1208
DmonHiro

Yeah, forgot about Loke. He looked really badass back there, and his eyes looked really murderous when he said "Or else....". I can't wait to see more of him. And I can't wait to see Gajeel get the snot beat out of him, sadistic asshole.

But really, this episode really needed some blood. I think they actually wanted to have some blood because there were scenes where I could actually "see" it, even though it wasn't there, mostly the scenes with Lucy getting beaten.
Old 2010-04-19, 16:11   Link #1209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah this is one part of the manga which did include a lot of blood. I still enjoyed the episode quite a bit without it, but yeah the bad part is when you can notice how much it's missing.

& Gajeel being an arse is what lot of us like about him. He's an enjoyable bad guy.
Old 2010-04-19, 16:21   Link #1210
DmonHiro

That's a good point. It's meaningless to have a really strong bad guy if the audience doesn't love to hate him. That's actually a problem with Bleach right now. Stark, Halibel, Ulquiorra and Grimmjaw were really strong, but somehow...I could never hate them, as villains I mean.
Old 2010-04-19, 17:07   Link #1211
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wow, WOW EPISODE 26!

Where did they get this budget?

LOKI! NOOOO LOKIIII!

*Cries on Shiroth's lap.*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 21:00   Link #1212
larcencielle

Episode 26 was the worst episode ever.

Erza tells Natsu to stand up for his friend and he powers up with "wing of flame"
It certainly lacked the dramatic impact. I did not feel that Natsu really endeavored to achieve his new power at all. With his "eager" desire to protect his friends, his power grew.
If that happened in DBZ, Goku would have become SSJ right in the beginning and would've beat the crap out of every villain that came at him.

Just a terrible, terrible episode, except the animation quality.
larcencielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 21:25   Link #1213
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Natsu surrounded by fire that looks just awesome
Old 2010-04-19, 21:49   Link #1214
blewin

Very nice addition of Loke awesomeness in this episode! - very nice foreshadowing of his involvement in later episodes.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:36   Link #1215
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcencielle View Post
Episode 26 was the worst episode ever.

Erza tells Natsu to stand up for his friend and he powers up with "wing of flame"
It certainly lacked the dramatic impact. I did not feel that Natsu really endeavored to achieve his new power at all. With his "eager" desire to protect his friends, his power grew.
If that happened in DBZ, Goku would have become SSJ right in the beginning and would've beat the crap out of every villain that came at him.

Just a terrible, terrible episode, except the animation quality.
*chuckles* All I can say is 'just keep watching'.

Natsu is a 'determinator' through and through, then again, nearly all the Fairy Tail Mages are 'determinators'. His magic/flame is responding to his emotional state and of course, it was Ezra telling him to do it.
Old 2010-04-19, 23:55   Link #1216
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcencielle View Post
that wasn't a power up...
All that was, was a pure determination and rage, a common element in shonen... He is no more stronger than he was in any of his other fights, expect for maybe a SLIGHT determination boost
This is NOTHING compared to DBZ's SSJ
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 02:46   Link #1217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Wow, WOW EPISODE 26!

Where did they get this budget?

LOKI! NOOOO LOKIIII!

*Cries on Shiroth's lap.*

Still, it was nicely handled how they're hinting at his backstory. More anime original material that did a grand job.
Old 2010-04-20, 03:16   Link #1218
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Can we hire this bunch of peoples who are adding these anime filler padding and anime original storyline to work with Bleach?

Please please and pretty please? With cherryies on top?

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:21   Link #1219
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Still, it was nicely handled how they're hinting at his backstory. More anime original material that did a grand job.
I wholeheartedly agree. It's not only nice foreshadowing but great character development too. In fact, I like this much more than the manga. If I hadn't read the manga, I'd be dying to know why Loke's so scared of getting close to Lucy and why he cares so much even though he runs away at the sight of her!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:26   Link #1220
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
it was Ezra telling him to do it.
But is she more effective then Happy?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen