AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-05-07, 02:16   Link #1
mei misaki fan

Name an anime series that eveyone seems to love but you can't get into

For me recently it is kaguya sama love is war, i watched two episodes before having to quit. With older anime i would say darker than black, after three episodes i just found it too dull.
mei misaki fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 05:43   Link #2
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

From older series it probasbly Ghost in the Shell, ironically.

From newer ones: AnoHana, Kimi ni Todoke, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 07:50   Link #3
mei misaki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
From older series it probasbly Ghost in the Shell, ironically.

From newer ones: AnoHana, Kimi ni Todoke, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
I struggled with kimi ni todoke too and the weird thing is i don't remember why.
mei misaki fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 14:41   Link #4
Johnny Dy

What an inspired thread!

Mine always were Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, just can't.

And for now Gintama, although I really tried, I'm like ep 18 - still there, still... I hate these friking overworked starts. An anime should get fast into MAIN business, not delay it with the dozens of episodes... that's just plain stupid, like purposely turning people away.
Old 2020-05-07, 15:25   Link #5
dragon1412

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for me as well, and most drama sol story for me, there are those that i do managed to like but most of the time I found myself rather hard to immersed myself into the story
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 19:16   Link #6
Calca
Expressionless

Madoka

Just couldn't invest myself in it. For older series I'd say Yu Yu Hakusho
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 01:39   Link #7
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Madoka and Gintama were impossible for me to get into, too.
Also,... Trigun, TTGL, Kimi no na wa, Clannad After Story, Hajime no Ippo, Boku no Hero Academia, Nana, AnoHana, Monster, Hunter x Hunter, ...

Also, more generally, all sports/ganbatte anime and shows aimed at women, like Chihayafuru, Mahou Tsukai no Yome, etc.
Those never did anything for me. Still remember that Kaleido Star was the first ever anime I dropped, because it was so inconceivable awful to watch, which then gave me momentum to drop Hikaru no Go as well. Also, for some odd reason, I can't get into anything made by Trigger. They always have amazing animation and completely stupid characters. So stupid that it hurts.
Old 2020-05-08, 19:15   Link #8
endarion88

gurren lagan
among all the trigger shows it may be the one i liked the least

rounin kenshin
i have an interest in swordmanship so try related anime but this i couldn't bring myself to watch as the sowrdmanship was just anime bull****

also could never get into one piece (will be stoned for saying this)

as for more recent stuff
i can't bring myself to watch almost any of those videogame worlds isekai
Old 2020-05-09, 01:10   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Fate series and Madoka. Thought I do like rebellion

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 09:26   Link #10
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
rurouni kenshin
You'd be stoned for this! Ep 30-63 have some of the best sword fighting combined with character development ever in an anime. I've watched them about 7 times, I always jump to ep 30. The rest is like an overhaul introduction these anime developers seem to willingly screw up. 1st 11 eps were enough of an introduction, they should have jumped right to ep 30. What's best about this anime is the designs of the swords, never have I ever seen any more realistic and detailed katana design in an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Also,... Trigun, TTGL, Kimi no na wa, Clannad After Story, Hajime no Ippo, Boku no Hero Academia, Nana, AnoHana, Monster, Hunter x Hunter, ...
And Little Princess Sara, lol. I understand why U didn't like Trigun, bit old style of anime, but Hajime no Ippo, Hunter x Hunter who got a remaster and My Hero Academia... you've got no excuse for those. Just watch this from Hajime no Ippo, which is one of the best anime fights ever made, and then get back to the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJchKbPBk-4&t=1236s

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-05-09 at 11:02.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 17:03   Link #11
kari-no-sugata II

To pick something recent, a lot of people seemed to like Shield Hero but I found it uninteresting.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 07:11   Link #12
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Yeah, I found Tate no Yuusha to be uninteresting, too. Except for the protagonist, everyone else seems to be completely retarded, which doesn't make for an interesting experience. I didn't get the impression, though, that people especially liked that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
I understand why U didn't like Trigun, bit old style of anime, but Hajime no Ippo, Hunter x Hunter who got a remaster and My Hero Academia... you've got no excuse for those. Just watch this from Hajime no Ippo, which is one of the best anime fights ever made, and then get back to the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJchKbPBk-4&t=1236s
No, I like 1980s and 1990s anime. Besides, back when I watched it, Trigun was still pretty new. I couldn't stand the protagonist, who I thought of as a complete idiot and the rest of the show was mediocre at best, too.

I can't get into Hajime no Ippo because watching half-nude sweating men does nothing for me. The old HxH series was only a little bit stupid and the OVAs about the video game island was kinda fun, but the new series was completely fucked up and most of the time I just wished for the idiot Gon to drop dead and have the show revolve around the more interesting Killua instead. Without Gon the show would've been much more tolerable, since the villains are much more likeable. The cat girl was awesome and so was that shogi playing ant guy.

Hero Academia has the same problem, the protagonist is an idiot. If it wasn't for him, it could be fun.
Old 2020-05-10, 10:59   Link #13
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

My Hero Academia comes to mind considering even when Bones was handling, the pacing was too slow and the cast barely had important stuff to do with the second season focusing just on training.

Also, I guess it's because of interests but I rarely check any romance centered story unless there is a treat like High Score Girl where there is a focus on fighting games that I enjoy.
Old 2020-05-10, 12:58   Link #14
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Pretty much every Romcom ever, like Toradora, that Pet Girl anime, and many more.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 19:37   Link #15
Wandering Soul

I just couldn't get into Serial Experiments Lain.
Old 2020-05-10, 20:51   Link #16
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Pretty much every Romcom ever, like Toradora, that Pet Girl anime, and many more.
That, almost every shounen ever, anything that Urobuchi, Imaishi, Okada or Narita was responsible for. Most recently, Vinland Saga.
Old 2020-05-10, 23:48   Link #17
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Yeah, I found Tate no Yuusha to be uninteresting, too. Except for the protagonist.
Hmm, then I didn't do much wrong I didn't insist when my Plasma TV agreed with you.

Quote:
No, I like 1980s and 1990s anime. Besides, back when I watched it, Trigun was still pretty new. I couldn't stand the protagonist, who I thought of as a complete idiot and the rest of the show was mediocre at best, too.
But then you would not get the awesome scene where he appeared in front of an army but naked, scratching and barking like a dog just to diverge the army's attention from the innocent people he was trying to protect, like saying "Only worthless stupid people here, nothing of worth." If he was alone, he could easily have escaped, but he chose to do that for the off chance to save everyone else. A Hail Marry? At best. Complete ridicule and self humiliation? Certainly. That scene moved me to tears, can't find anything of sort to top it , anywhere else.

Quote:
I can't get into Hajime no Ippo because watching half-nude sweating men does nothing for me.
Then you didn't like Spartacus, the TV show, but it was awesome 4 me, seen 1st season 4 times, including last time, last week!

Quote:
The old HxH series was only a little bit stupid and the OVAs about the video game island was kinda fun, but the new series was completely fucked up and most of the time I just wished for the idiot Gon to drop dead and have the show revolve around the more interesting Killua instead. Without Gon the show would've been much more tolerable, since the villains are much more likeable. The cat girl was awesome and so was that shogi playing ant guy.

Hero Academia has the same problem, the protagonist is an idiot. If it wasn't for him, it could be fun.
I understand. But I don't care much about protagonists myself, it's just about the world, if I can find people that I like, or characters that I like, doesn't matter that it's not as much about them, they exist and they contribute. Bleach has the best characters in any just one anime, I think, and Ichigo isn't even in my top 10, may he be nearly never naked.

Reading your argumentation here made me think about one of the best scenes in cinematography from the 1st season of Jim Carrey's Kidding, the most epic "I understand!" ever. He was with this girl, she had cancer, he stayed with her during all of it, and suddenly she got healthy and decided he reminds her of death and doesn't want a relationship anymore, and tells him in front of his entire family. I mean... right? -__-'' Here's the punch line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwUEJCYObzk - in case the abbreviated link doesn't work.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-05-11 at 00:18.
Old 2020-05-11, 02:44   Link #18
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
from the innocent people he was trying to protect
I would have very much preferred for him to slaughter the innocent people himself. Good characters are boring, since they are basically everywhere. There's not much good characters can do to surprise me anymore, they always kind of make the same choices, which gets tiring after the umpteenth time or so. Also, I didn't drop Trigun. I watched it at a time where I didn't drop any series I started about two decades ago. That's the only reason I even remember it, because it was such a painful experience to watch. If I had simply dropped it after the first few episodes, I'd have long forgotten that this show even exists.
Old 2020-05-11, 14:55   Link #19
Johnny Dy

Well, as good as Hajime no Ippo is, this is like the 20th game made after my favorte sports anime, Captain Tsuasa, the only sports anime I give a clean 10/10!

Make half of that games Hajime no Ippo, then we'll talk!

My 2 bits:
Legolas: Have you ever ridden an oliphant?
@: Easy, have you ever ridden a football ball?
Legolas: I don't... we don't have...
@: Sucker! I meant soccer!

PS: Sorry, that was a bit counter what I needed to demonstrate. Just couldn't resist.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-05-11 at 15:06.
Old 2020-05-11, 17:12   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Among those already cited, there's AnoHana, Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, and Trigun.

The biggest mystery of the decade for me will remain Kimetsu no Yaiba's success. The anime was extremely well produced, but other than that, I found it had pretty much nothing going for it. It's the same shounen stuff you've seen tons of times before, and it didn't do anything better.