Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-06-14, 16:29   Link #61
Ka-el

Spoiler for spoiler 226:
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-15, 23:12   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Sure hope Gojo doesn't get blindsided by Kenjaku again...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 10:33   Link #63
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Weird how the main cast has been reduced to a commentary. Feels like the Digimon reboot. Would have been cool to see them as at least assists like the Saiyan arc from Dragon Ball
Old 2023-07-18, 16:17   Link #64
WingedAccelerator

Well, Gojou most likely won't be able to beat Sukuna, so their time will surely come. I'm not digging the commentary either, but parts of it are necessary.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 19:58   Link #65
Shadow5YA

Yuji is almost destined to face Sukuna again, so I highly doubt Gojo will be the one to beat him here.

I do hope Gojo will at least be able to do some kind of lasting damage that Sukuna can't recover from, because otherwise this fight will feel like nothing meaningful happened since he was released from the Prison Realm.
Old 2023-07-18, 20:15   Link #66
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It will be difficult to assist.

Assisting fight against Sukuna? Gojo works best alone and we've seen Sukuna got fair share of AOE attack that even him at 10% can handle Maki and Itadori pretty well, both Jujutsu High monster of physical prowess.

Pursue Kenjaku when Gojo fight Sukuna? That means there's no Plan B in case Sukuna wins. Kenjaku is strong and clever enough to be able to solo Yuki and Choso, scared only to Gojo; single special grade (Yuta or Hakari or Maki) to deal with him won't do.

They're really forced to sit until Gojo vs. Sukuna finish.
Given the new rules of Culling Game, whatever Kenjaku do likely also halted until the winner decided.
Old 2023-07-19, 06:24   Link #67
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I know Gojo is op as heck, but already 0 gave Yuta enough build up about him possessing similar powers while Maki pretty much leveled up a lot in the recent arc.
Old 2023-07-26, 16:05   Link #68
Ka-el

Now both of them cannot use Domain Expansion anymore, so they will have to fight in a close quarter until their cursed techniques come back naturally. However Sukuna still has his fire and the parting gift from Yorozu, plus ten shadows and mahoraga wheel on his head to adapt to Gojo's limitless once he gets back his CT so he can use Mahoraga to finish him off. Gojo's now has to come up with a plan to prevent the wheel form spinning, now it's not an immediate problem because he can't use his CT but as soon as he recovers his limitless he needs to finish off Sukuna in one blow and cannot risk to fail any of his attacks.
I have a theory, Gojo will use the inverted spear of heaven to break the wheel or in any other way in this fight, after all nobody know what happened to that cursed tool and it would be a perfect way to deal with Sukuna and maybe even to save Megumi if it can work even on his fingers.
Old 2023-07-27, 05:16   Link #69
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Nobody knew what happened ...

Yuki and Tengen told it to Itadori, Yuta and Choso that, after 0, Gojo used his fortune to purchase all curse nullification items (such as ISOH, Black Rope) on black market, halt it production and secure it somewhere (or destroyed it, they don't know) that Yuta recalled him and Miguel can't get any Black Ropes even when they asked elders that produced it.

While it possible he brings ISOH to fight, the best it could do is disable Mahoraga and that still questionable by risk and reward.
The risk? Backfired by either Sukuna get his hand on it or might as well he copied ISOH anti-CE flow properties; ISOH is cursed tool after all.
Man recognized Gojo CT recovery is possible by forced recovery part of brain in a minutes and use it as well, used high-output fire arrow after looking at several Jogo attack, copied Kenjaku cursed item production to change host; part of his fighting style alongside Shrine, no reason he won't do the same to ISOH.

By technicalities, saving Megumi is not within ISOH benefit as it doesn't fix Megumi coma state after Sukuna made him tank UV.
Old 2023-08-14, 11:54   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Caught up to the manga. Lots of great moments I'm looking forward to seeing animated. I wish I had picked up the manga back when the first season ended. My favorite character has to be Maki, I love what the author has done with her. Her single-handedly exterminating the Zen'in clan felt so good since all of them were scumbags.

As for the current battle, it's indeed obvious Gojo will lose but he will most likely deal permanent damage to Sukuna so that Yuji and the rest can finish the job. The one missing finger speculated to be in Gojo's possession is also definitely going to be important.

Right I'm most curious about where the whole Yuji being Kenjaku's son will go. I'm pretty sure Yuji is his masterpiece.
Old 2023-08-14, 19:49   Link #71
Shadow5YA

I think "masterpiece" is a stretch considering considering Kenjaku just updated the Culling Game's rules to end with everyone's deaths except his and Megumi's. It doesn't look like he cares about Yuji's life other than when he was a vessel for Sukuna.

Yuji clearly didn't come from a normal background like he thought he did, but to Kenjaku he was probably nothing more than another failed experiment like Choso.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-08-14 at 20:19.
Old 2023-08-15, 06:39   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think "masterpiece" is a stretch considering considering Kenjaku just updated the Culling Game's rules to end with everyone's deaths except his and Megumi's. It doesn't look like he cares about Yuji's life other than when he was a vessel for Sukuna.

Yuji clearly didn't come from a normal background like he thought he did, but to Kenjaku he was probably nothing more than another failed experiment like Choso.
Kenjaku has shown more interest in Yuji than his brothers, like the time he thanked Yuji's classmate for being his friend. It's also very suspicious that Yuji worked as a prison rather than a vessel for Sukuna, the original plan might have been to seal Sukuna inside Yuji after Sukuna had done whatever Kenjaku needs him to do.

There are ways to circumvent the rules, like how Yuta got around his binding vow to kill Yuji. Sukuna wasn't there when Kenjaku updated the rules, but if he had found out later Yuji was included among the exceptions, it would have been bad.
Old 2023-08-15, 10:12   Link #73
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kenjaku has shown more interest in Yuji than his brothers, like the time he thanked Yuji's classmate for being his friend. It's also very suspicious that Yuji worked as a prison rather than a vessel for Sukuna, the original plan might have been to seal Sukuna inside Yuji after Sukuna had done whatever Kenjaku needs him to do.

There are ways to circumvent the rules, like how Yuta got around his binding vow to kill Yuji. Sukuna wasn't there when Kenjaku updated the rules, but if he had found out later Yuji was included among the exceptions, it would have been bad.
Death Paintings are failure for their inability to became more than a lab rat.
Yuji OTOH not only worked as intended (Sukuna prison) but also gradually capable to deal with Death Paintings by himself;

Yuji is better child, but it doesn't mean Kenjaku have to kept Yuji alive unless Yuji comparable enough to other hard requirements of his plan (Tengen, etc.)
This is man who used his CT to manufactured situation so Hanami and Mahito did all the works, exhausted them, after praising Jogo so he wanted to handle Sukuna fingers.

Old 2023-08-15, 11:54   Link #74
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering how Akutami has been killing his characters, I can see Gojo being killed by Sukuna. Still, a shame considering the character was absent for around 10 volumes and he returned to die. At least it can't be worse than Yuki Tsukumo who died in her first fight
Old 2023-08-15, 18:11   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The author is indeed pretty ruthless. Gojo could definitely die, especially given the Jujutsu world is already in complete shambles. Megumi who he hinted could become his equal will probably be the one to rebuild it and work as a deterrent.
Old 2023-08-16, 17:44   Link #76
Ka-el

Quote:
The author is indeed pretty ruthless. Gojo could definitely die, especially given the Jujutsu world is already in complete shambles. Megumi who he hinted could become his equal will probably be the one to rebuild it and work as a deterrent.
He will never become his equal, and this fight proved it even more. Honestly I think that if Gojo dies is because he fails to deliver the final blow to Sukuna at the last second because he hesitate killing Megumi.
Old 2023-08-16, 18:17   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
He will never become his equal, and this fight proved it even more. Honestly I think that if Gojo dies is because he fails to deliver the final blow to Sukuna at the last second because he hesitate killing Megumi.
I think it'll be a clear defeat. We know there is at least one cursed technique at his disposal Sukuna hasn't used yet (the flame one), and he may have more in stock.
Old 2023-08-16, 20:31   Link #78
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
The fight proved that Mahoraga when used properly can adapt to anything including Gojo's infinite void technique. If Sukuna can do it then Megumi can too.

Gojo isn't really worried about killing Megumi because they can always just revive him with something like Reverse Cursed Technique later. Yuji already died twice before, so...
Old 2023-08-16, 21:50   Link #79
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yuji died twice but both his death are quickly handled by RCT experts, on spot, not many stuffs to be concerned about. Megumi though, not only you have to remove Sukuna from him somehow, but also you have to account his brain damage after exposure to UV if you wanted him truly back to the game without losing DE.

Quote:
We know there is at least one cursed technique at his disposal Sukuna hasn't used yet (the flame one), and he may have more in stock.
Author already confirmed Sukuna CT consists only three technique, Cleave and Dismantle included, so the fire ones is his last.
Currently speculated to be something related to cooking due to Sukuna habit of using cooking terms for his CT explanation (e.g. Cleave and Dismantle are different kitchen knife, referring Gojo as nameless fish rather than more commonly used small fish)
Old 2023-08-20, 15:09   Link #80
Shadow5YA

I think the writing is on the wall for Gojo even if he does win, because like Kenjaku said he's free to pick everyone off while they're all preoccupied with Sukuna.

By the time this fight is over I doubt Gojo will have the energy left to defend himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Author already confirmed Sukuna CT consists only three technique, Cleave and Dismantle included, so the fire ones is his last.
Where? Do you have a source for this?

Tags
action, exorcism, possessed mc