AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 00:20   Link #2101
Brawlre

He is kinda forced to since ajuka made a deal with shiva saying he can make any request and shiva chose ise
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 00:58   Link #2102
aw454wtr

Ise joining shiva should be natural, in the Shiva Vs Indra war I can't see Indra being the good guy and lore wise Shiva's body is supposed to be the embodiment of the universe itself, if shiva were to die it could cause the human world to collapse, something no one (other than Indra) would want anyway
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 01:23   Link #2103
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Ise joining shiva should be natural
Except Issei didn't accept or decline Shiva's offer. Shiva did ask for Issei from Ajuka but it's not like he can go sure here with a ribbon around his neck. I'm more inclined to believe Issei and his group will act independently and stop Indra on their own if he starts anything.
Old 2017-01-11, 03:01   Link #2104
Hakaishin
Bαnned

In the V13 afterword
Quote:
If DxD continues to go on for much longer, I’m thinking of doing “The Destruction God Shiva arc” as a last resort
I wouldn't be surprised if Shiva somehow ends up being the final opponent tbh, the guy seems unpredictable af.
Old 2017-01-11, 16:31   Link #2105
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The current arc is the final one. There will be no "Destruction God Shiva Arc", as we should already know from looking at that cover page illustration for the current arc in Volume 22. It's the Final Chapter of High School DxD, and its name is not "Destruction God Shiva Arc".

And besides, Shiva isn't a bad person and if he does destroy the world, it'll be by necessity rather than by choice or from any kind of malice. From what I've heard of Hindu Mythology, Shiva would only destroy the world from the point of view of the cycle of the world that goes from creation, to destruction, to rebirth. He's an important part of that and that's why he'll destroy the world.

And also, Brawlre, didn't Shiva give Ise a choice? No one's forcing him to do anything. But like Aw454wtr said, Ise should go with Shiva anyway.

But if that part about the human world collapsing if Shiva's body is destroyed is true, how come the First Gen. Sun Wukong is on Indra's side? I'm sure he knows about this. Same for Cao Cao, who is Indra's vanguard.

Anyway, yeah, like Sunsengnim said, Ise should stay neutral and just try to stop Indra if he does anything bad.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 17:37   Link #2106
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well you got a point but we don't know if Brahma Shiva and Vishnu are separate bodies so in esence separte person's and gods so as far as we know if Shiva ( by some chance) get's killed we don't know if the world will fall apart or will the same happen with what happend with god of the bible, He died and the world got a little bit buggy and that's it.
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 18:10   Link #2107
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We don't really know, but what we do know is that, like I said, Shiva isn't a bad person. Ise has no reason to not help him.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-01-11, 18:48   Link #2108
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Beside the real bad guy is Indra... He scheming something...
Old 2017-01-11, 18:59   Link #2109
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well Indra is the God of War (not a game refrence at all) so i wouldn't be suprised but in all honesty the world is fine as it is even tho Shiva is the God of destruction i don't see why he would need to destroy the world ( He isn't planning it yet) in fact it's looking more like something that the third part of hinduism is happening.
Let me explain
1 The world was created God of the bible the maou and Azazel and his group and the human's later
on
2 The great war (self explanitory)
3 And now the current event's The unification of the three factions and other religions a powerfull leader (later on) i don't know about you guy's but it sounds very much like what is in hindu if you look into it.
Old 2017-01-11, 21:16   Link #2110
shadowarc

He's a God of Destruction, that's just his role but that also means he will only destroy the world if it's necessary to fulfill his role since he doesn't seem to be the moody type to do it on a whim. He seems to be interested in the super devils including Ise and maybe Vali too; just seemed to be him finding them interesting or wanting to fight them. A minor link between Shiva and Ise is Ise's abilities are mainly focused in destroying and his derived abilities in the evil piece system is the Triana; a weak link to Shiva and his trident.

Shiva in some myths seems to protect the world from premature destruction like when he swallowed Halahala an extremely deadly poison that was accidentally created by the Devas and Ashuras.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 00:04   Link #2111
Hakaishin
Bαnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The current arc is the final one. There will be no "Destruction God Shiva Arc", as we should already know from looking at that cover page illustration for the current arc in Volume 22. It's the Final Chapter of High School DxD, and its name is not "Destruction God Shiva Arc".
Actual name of the arc is irrelevant, he wouldn't have put Shiva's name in the arc title either way.
All the arcs are named after Ise so far, not the antagonist of those arcs.
The point is at that time he wanted to make the last arc about Shiva.

Quote:
And besides, Shiva isn't a bad person and if he does destroy the world, it'll be by necessity rather than by choice or from any kind of malice. From what I've heard of Hindu Mythology, Shiva would only destroy the world from the point of view of the cycle of the world that goes from creation, to destruction, to rebirth. He's an important part of that and that's why he'll destroy the world.
He doesn't have to be evil, even if he decides from his own POV destruction of the world(or certain parts of it) is the right choice it's not like he'll necessarily be 100% right about it, and it's not like others are just going to sit without putting any resistance.

Quote:
“Do you want to eliminate me and Trihexa along with the entire world, Devil-kun?”

In response to Shiva’s question, Ajuka smiled and shook his head.

“No. I never said anything like that. But — if the destruction of the world becomes your objective again, that will be another matter
With that said, I'm not saying this is likely to happen, but I see it as a possibility.

Last edited by Hakaishin; 2017-01-12 at 00:21.
Hakaishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 04:39   Link #2112
aw454wtr

If Shiva decides to destroy the world it will be because it is a neccesity, likey a scenario where the world has to be destroyed to be recreated or risk losing the world for good without anyway to recreate it

He doesn't seem to come off as a psycho who would destroy things on a whim
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 05:53   Link #2113
Hakaishin
Bαnned

He's not some evil maniac but he is a God of destruction. His level of common sense isn't the same as others
Spoiler for volume 20:

Novel already proved he wasn't 100% trusted
Old 2017-01-12, 06:22   Link #2114
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ishibumi only said he'll make an arc about Shiva if he wants to continue it further. He said he'd make the Shiva arc the final arc as a last resort in that case. It currently doesn't seem like that's what he's doing, though. And the main antagonist seems to be more Indra than Shiva right now, anyway.

And yeah, I understand that Shiva isn't completely trusted and that not everyone would just obediently agree with him when he wants to destroy the world. Though, if he can make his case and convince them that it's needed so that the world can be recreated after being destroyed as per the cycle, then they might (might) let him do it.

You've seen Battle of the Gods and Revival of F (DBZ), right? Think about Beerus. He's the type to destroy things on a whim. All it takes is him being irritated or pissed in some way, and either a whole planet gets wiped off the face of universe, or he cuts the entire thing in half or (in the case of King Kai's planet - and this is actually the explanation for why King Kai's planet is as small as it is) reduce its mass to make it half the size it originally was. But even he isn't evil. Shiva is slightly different in that he also wouldn't destroy things just on a whim unlike Beerus who actually would. But neither of them is evil. Beerus just wants to eat and have fun.

And yeah, Shadowarc is right, too.

Old 2017-01-12, 10:30   Link #2115
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well if Indra is the big bad in this case what does he want to achieve ? I don't thik it's the cliché " i want to rule the world" thing their is more to his plans then that.
Old 2017-01-12, 16:04   Link #2116
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The thing is, we don't know yet. But from the looks of things, the antagonist most likely isn't Shiva.

Old 2017-01-12, 18:57   Link #2117
B214

We may not have a main antagonist for the last arc. Ishibumi might decide to focus more on the Azazel Cup instead. Well he might add some group that are trying to ruin the tournament but i don't the tournament will be cancelled.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 19:55   Link #2118
kidstandout
Master of Puppets

^i hope to god the entirety of this last arc isn't about some tournament, because after the last arc that would be a massive step back for the plot.

but my worries aren't likely as ishibumi basically said that after 2-3 volumes the arc will shift to exploring the corruption of the underworld (paraphrasing). nevermind that the shiva war was something he's been talking about since last arc. i doubt that's just going to be anything but the main focus atm.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 20:07   Link #2119
Hakaishin
Bαnned

God of Bible for final villain

Well, I doubt the entire last arc would be just about the tournament, but whoever the main antagonist is/are can't see it being a bigger threat than Qlippoth/Trihexa
Old 2017-01-12, 20:42   Link #2120
shadowarc

It's somewhat early to guess who the final villain will be since the last arc just barely started and there are only a few candidates that have no real conclusiveness. For all we know the final boss could be an evil god from the ExE that fused with Raynare's soul.

Besides considering the EX series we know that the 'final villain' isn't going to be the last one; just the one to put closure on this part of Ise's life journey.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd: civil war